Medieval Times Employee Reviews

fun
Customer Service Rep\Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 17, 2017
This job is really fun. Managers are awesome and co workers are great. Training is informative and everyone is knowledgeable of their jobs. Super cool place
staffing
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 17, 2017
work hours vary by times of the year and depending on what department you are in. little to no benefits for part time workers and had a consistent problem keeping departments properly staffed.
Very heavy work
Gift shop cashier Katia Davila (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75227November 4, 2017
Clock in, change into our costumes, stand behind the counter before the show started. Walk into the arena and sale our merchandise during the show. stand behind the counter after the show. stock everything we sold. Carrying big heavy boxes was the hardest thing about the job. The best thing about the job were the discounts and the employees.
Great for outgoing people.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CANovember 2, 2017
Enjoyed working there very much. Very family oriented environment. The excitement of working with a live show was overall a great experience. Now I see why people have stayed there for so long.
Fast, furious, and fun in the workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 12, 2017
I have been a food server at Medieval Times for years now, and it is my humble but correct opinion that it is the best job in the service industry. Fast paced shows and short hours still yield the potential for great tips and consistent but simple money. Definitely would recommend to a friend!
Pros
Free food, big money per shift, short shifts
Cons
If you're a bad server, you won't make good money
Fun Job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 4, 2017
Most Enjoyable job you will every have minus the work!
• Delivered extraordinary customer service in an intense, fast paced environment
• Efficiently managed cash/credit payment transactions and balance transaction receipts with a zero transaction error ratio
• Achieved performance goals for increased sales and to help diminish costs
Fun place to work
Cash Control/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 25, 2017
Medieval Times is a great first job and or second job if you need extra income, it provides a great scheduling and long time friendships, you can really build up your skills working there.
Pros
always a fun time going to work even if the shift was a long
Cons
no room for position advancement
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoy working here, the hours get slow during the off season but other than that I enjoy working here thoroughly. The environment is fun to be in, everyone I work with is very nice including all managers and all other staff.
Super Fun
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 18, 2017
Medieval Times was a great first job experience. The atmosphere was surreal and fun. I learned how to interact with customers for the first time and how to remain professional in front of guests.
keep to yourself
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 16, 2017
lots of drama and pettiness, it is recommended to work there to make quick cash in the arena department, otherwise its not worth it to work there. go in be quiet serve your station and go home.
Keep the Site managers word.
Assistant Cash Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 29, 2017
Work was fun! Co-workers were fun. If you made the effort, you could become friendly with just about everyone that worked on the premises. The hardest part of the job was having to walk among the patrons to sell them props.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
When Randy nullified Paco's word that I could have Christmas off.
Fun environment and family like team members.
Gift Shop Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 28, 2017
Medieval Times is a great part time job. on average I work 4-12 hours depending on how many shows are that day. I've learned so much about customer service and sales pitching. I have also discovered that body language and voice pitch are extremely important. The management is great. They listen and understand that life gets in the way. Especially since our schedules are Thursday-Sunday. The hardest part of the job is staying face paced. On days when we have a sold out show for an arena that holds 1,100 people, it can be hard to keep up. Finally the most enjoyable part of the job is how much management is driven to make the team members feel like family. We have three major events for team members only at Medieval Times Helen tubing trip, Halloween costume party, and the Christmas party. I have never felt so welcome and accepted by any other working environment. I will never forget my years in the castle.
Pros
flexible schedule, company parties
Cons
no breaks, long days
fun place to work
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 24, 2017
Go in a set up the bar. Get with the kitchen manager to give him a head count for the show. Make and serve drinks. Balancing cash drawers. Cashing out and settling CC batches.
Pros
fun place to work with awesome people
Cons
bad money in the off season
They are falling fast.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 6, 2017
Management here was horrible, the General manager chooses favorites and screws over th employees who are most interested in growth. People who do not care about their job and show no effort slide by unpunished.
Pros
Tickets twice a year
Cons
Horrible Management
Tights galore
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 2, 2017
Place is great for a first job, always fun and interactive crowd. Management lies to employees and will deny any injury claim if it happens. Job is great but of course management just knows how to ruin everything.
Pros
Discount tickets
Cons
Illegal breaks, horrible bosses, coporate abuses horses and employees.
Enjoyable workplace environment
Cash Office Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 1, 2017
Everyone is excited to be there, customers especially but you rarely see a disgruntled employee around.

Your schedule is easy to manage, and they're flexible with working with your schedule.
In the cash office a typical day is setting the box office, and answering the window for people getting into the tournament and people purchasing tickets. Most people are happy to be there but every once and a while you get an upset patron. Medieval Times is quick to find a solution no matter the problem though.
Once the box office is closed for the day you go into the cash office and count all the money drawers, taking out the excess money and then counting it again to achieve full accuracy.

The cash office managers are fantastic, I couldn't ask for a better staff, the peers as well work very well together and we help each other out to ensure best possible results.
Pros
Everyone is glad to be there, central mall location, great management, fantastic company parties.
Cons
healthcare does not kick in until after a year, working late nights, holidays and weekends.
Secretary to General Manager
Secretary to the General Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 26, 2017
Very social, fun environment. In addition to being the secretary to the general manager and marketing director, I also participated in parades, functions and performed as the "contessa".
It was a very fun but fast paced work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 20, 2017
A very fast paced work environment with a lot of support from upper management.

This is a company that prides itself for its family atmosphere and family values
Pros
Great Growth opportumities
Cons
My position did not promote work life balance
Love this place
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CA 90620July 11, 2017
I loved working here, i gained so many relationships and life long friends. Very laid back and pretty much able to pick your own schedule as a food server.
Pros
Free Food and Tickets during birthday
Cons
Get called off often in winter
Decent Work Environment with Management Issues
KITCHEN STAFF/PHOTO MANAGER/EVENT STAFF (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 4, 2017
I did not have issues with the majority of my time at Medieval Times, until recently when the company began to downsize management positions in what seems to be an attempt to save money. Numerous departments are now without managers, where once they had management and supervisory positions beneath them. In my first two years with the company, every day and every show felt like a properly orchestrated concert with each department working together well. Now that some management positions are removed, others are expected to run their own department and oversee others as well. I do not feel that business as usual runs as smoothly as it once did, and I have experienced this from both sides of management. They have cut off a hand to save money but have only rendered themselves handicapped.
Pros
Occassional free food
Cons
Short to non-existing breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medieval Times. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight