Medieval Times Employee Reviews

My team made this enjoyable
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2017
This was years ago, so I hope things have changed. I didn't like the uniform. I don't believe all the people, especially the working class, wore tights. That was very uncomfortable and made it harder to really focus on the job having to adjust your clothes a lot. They weren't really accepting of your ideas to help your team. As far as my team in photography, we were really close to each other, and worked really well each other. Within our department we didn't have many problems. We helped each other out, especially with families who were difficult to work with and through a collective effort we could help change the atmosphere for them and uplift their attitude for the show. The hardest part of the job at that time were adjusting to changes, only because so many would happen within one week. I really enjoyed interacting with all the guest and speaking with them and of course my team in the photo department.
Cons
Tights for a uniform, Constant changes
Manager doesn't know how to manage.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 20, 2017
The manager loved to play favourites, and it was very unfair to those who weren't favourited. Although the work hours were steady, the manager couldn't even make the schedule correctly.
Fun to work for
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 13, 2017
This is a fun place to work for. Make many friends. The show is a 2 hour show so you are working hard those two hours. Tips are usually good. A lot of fun
Pros
Tips
Cons
Tips
Great working environment at a fun yet different company
Marketing & Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 6, 2017
Medieval Times prides itself in providing fun and a memorable experience, which it does very well. I often told people who would ask about my job and I'd respond: "I don't feel as if I work; Medieval Times is so much fun that I wouldn't consider it work if I were not getting paid to do a job.
Pros
Selling fun is always fun
Cons
Same storyline can get old, especially with repeat customers
Was fun but management sucked
Cash control (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 4, 2017
The atmosphere was fun and enjoyable but the management was more like a bunch of highschoolers then actual adults. Inappropriate jokes constantly. When I brought up a real concern it was brushed aside and that's why I left.
Great for part time
Lighting Technician (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 11, 2017
I liked working here, but don't expect to climb any ladders fast or earn a lot of money. The serving is the easiest way to make good money but a lot of management decisions are questionable and the job can get repetitive.
Pros
Fairly flexible work schedule, mainly work in the evenings
Cons
The company doesn't really care about you
an awesome experience
Gift Shop Clerk (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 30, 2017
i absolutely adore the people i work with- theyre all fun, energetic, and we all get along very well. i typically work 15-30 hours a week. normally our day starts with counting drawers, setting up registers, having a team meeting and making sure things are displayed neatly. running back and forth and constant communication and talking is also a huge part of it. management is okay. i love my manager, but other managers are a little rude. every department is their own clique. hardest part of job was at the beginning when i had to memorize codes for everything, which isnt a requirement now. most enjoyable part is interacting with the guests and making sure everyone has a wonderful time.
Pros
good pay, awesome coworkers
Cons
short breaks, far away
Fun short-term job, awful long-term job
Server (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJApril 27, 2017
They won't pay you well, management is lacking, corporate only thinks up ways to make more money rather than improve guest/employee experience.

Corporate says "add more shows to make money, but don't hire a lot of people, to save money" which means, you'll be stuck doing lots of work for very little pay. Everywhere you look, things could be improved, but thanks to bureaucratic gridlock between middle-management and corporate, nothing gets done.

They're trying to promote an anti-bullying educational matinee for school field trips during the day, already got plenty of negative feedback from both guests and employees.Does taking your 8th grade End-Of-The-Year field trip to a lame anti-bullying show sound like fun to you? I'd rather go to Liberty Science Center or The Smithsonian Institute - fun and educational. Medieval Times already had a fun and educational show about the Middle Ages that the kids and teachers loved and corporate yanked it. Not smart. Left this place for a job that at least has a few good minds working together at the corporate level.
Pros
Fun for the first few months, that's about it.
Cons
Family owned and operated, privately owned company, you do the math
Fun place to work if your into acting.
Customer service/food service (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJApril 25, 2017
Fun atmosphere and great co-workers.. management needs improvement. Very unorganized and difficult system to work in the kitchen. Overall, this place is lacking positive management and kitchen staff.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Poor management team
Fun place
Sales Clerk/Staff Trainer/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJApril 21, 2017
Fun place to work. Meet new people and become friends. The pay isnt bad starting off. Hours are great doing summer and slow during winter times. Great.
Pros
Food
Cons
Breaks
A fun and exciting place to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 11, 2017
Typical day would be making rounds for safety and repairs and assign to staff, do management duties includes but not limited to planning, budgeting, purchasing etc.
This is a place of entertainment, there was no easiest or hardest part of the job, it's neutral.
I loved working there.
Kitchen Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 1, 2017
Medieval times is a great place to be and work. The employees there are wonderful to work with. I really loved that job. And would go back to visit..
Pros
Food is wonderful . And the entertainment is out of this world.
Medieval Times
Sound & lighting (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 30, 2017
Lots of work and no recognition. Issues are rarely if ever resolved, and the opportunities for advancement are slim. While it's nice to be able to come in to work later in the day, even as a fulltimer you don't make it to 40hrs and even as a technician you get min wage.
Pros
Come in later in the day
Cons
Low pay, few hours
Great Management
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 30, 2017
I have worked a lot of jobs where it wasn't the duties of the job that drove me away, but the lack of good management. At Medieval Times this is not an issue. Management was great to work with, they were supportive of their staff and always willing to help. I had to quit due to school schedules and the difficulty of the commute, but if the job was closer to home I would've called it ideal.
Productive fun place to work with wine cellar
Server (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Responsibility is your number one priority working at Medieval Times the culture was very fast paced everything happens from moment to moment some shows are sold out which really gives you opportunity to capitalize on your skills
Flexible work schedules
Call Center Reservations Rep (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 23, 2017
Management is awesome! Work and school balance is great. Day off requests are usually made and they will do their best to accommodate your busy life/school schedule
fun
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Medieval Times was very exciting. They people and co workers were always in a great mood. The employees had so much fun acting goofy and very medieval.you get to be around horses and falcons everyday.
Cultura Laboral
Gerente Comercial (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaFebruary 19, 2017
Medieval Times es una gran empresa para laborar ya que es una multinacional en la cual puedes interactuar con gente de diferentes culturas.
Pros
Multinacional grandes oportunidades de crecer
Cons
Problemas administrativos
Great atmosphere, fun times.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2017
I learned a lot about high-volume bar tending from working at Medieval times, as well as meeting lifelong friends. The food was amazing, as well. Would highly recommend.
Working here is like working with family.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Medieval Times was one of my favorite jobs, not many people get to say theirt job was in a castle. (Even if I were just a wench) It is hectic, very fast pace but doesn't take long until you learn the ropes. I learned so much in this job, time management, mixology, inventory, catering to guest, maintaining a fast delivery yet keeping a great relationship with guests, and so many more benefiting skills I was able to pick up.

The management is fun and effective, they made work worthwhile, we were able to constantly excel in out goals while having fun. Our management made sure to reward us when we were doing a great job, and motivated us to do better always. We had goals that were placed to keep our success rates high. Working hard is a piece of cake when the culture where you work is enjoyable. In Medieval Times, there was no such thing as getting left behind. The castle sells out constantly on the weekends and for that we needed full staffs, that meant occasionally sharing cash registers with fellow employees. It was never difficult because we were taught teamwork.
Pros
Free Lunch, Costumes, Good Money
Cons
Short Breaks, Soreness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medieval Times. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight