Medieval Times Employee Reviews

Productice learning experiance
Assistant Horse Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work and train with horses and you get paid pretty well if u put yourself in the right place and show you drive and passion for horses. But overall great place to work
Pros
Benefits. Good people. Alot of experiance gained over a short time
Cons
Different hours. Work every holiday
great as a second job
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 5, 2017
for students and people looking for a second job it is wonderful because they work with your individual schedules. as a server for the company they amount of money you can make is great in terms of cash tips, I was able to buy college text books easily.
Okay place to work
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2016
I love working at the company because they are very flexible with school schedules if you are a college student, and have a reasonable pay. It is fun but can be very stressful when working at the call center. In my opinion it is too micro-managed, they stress when you are a minute late clocking in or from break, don't want you clocking in then going to put your lunch away or your coat up and some of the supervisors don't adequately deal with some of the problems we are facing during a specific call. Instead they brush it off and send it to the managers of the specific castles who almost never give the guest the call back. Then the guest has to call us back already more angry and upset than they were before the issue.
Also, it is not always reliable. Some representatives are sent home early or even taken off the schedule completely during slow seasons, so it is not a steady source of income. Some of the representatives also want benefits, but the company limits your hours to just enough so that you actually do not qualify to have benefits. For example, a new hire comes in, they are looking to have at least 30 hours to be considered "full-time", however management only schedules them 19-25 hours a week to avoid letting them have the average of 30 hours to qualify.
All in all though, good part time job for beginners.
Pros
Flexible, good pay if you are a high school or college student, benefits if you qualify for them
Cons
shortened breaks during busy season, micro-manage everything
Amazing company to work for
CERTIFIED FOOD SERVER (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 21, 2016
Medieval Times has been my family through all my 6 years with the company. I have met great people and gained a solid foundation on customer service and how to be exceptional at dealing with difficult situation as well. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to see my guests leave with a great smile on their faces. If you are looking for a great place to start, Medieval Times is the way to go.
This is My Fun Job
Sound Operator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 7, 2016
Medieval Times is great for making some extra money, especially if you're in school or already have a weekday job. The pay is competitive, the work can be fast-paced and hectic but not particularly difficult, the schedule is normally very predictable, and the people are great because it's their fun job too.

Unless you're a Squire though, making Medieval Times a full-time job can be difficult, especially at the Lawrenceville, GA castle, because it does not normally have shows during the week and any extra working hours are usually task based and infrequent. Such hours include doing marketing events or helping the Gift Shop with counting inventory.

If you're looking for extra money, this is the place to work.
Pros
Great part-time opportunities. Great seasonal parties.
Cons
Limited growth opportunities.
fun workspace
trumpeter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2016
they are very laid back. the management is amazing. co-workers are nice. there is no hard part. and the whole job is enjoyable. its is really a great place to work.
Pros
free meals on triples
Cons
no breaks for trumpeter
Very fun place to work
Server/ Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 21, 2016
Medieval Times was fun to work at, it was good exercise and entertaining. Management was so helpful. Co-workers were also helpful.
Fun
Lighting technician (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CANovember 17, 2016
Good show and fun team to work with. I have been working with the company for over 10 years. Typical day at work is to set up for the evening and matinee shows.
Management could use some work but the employees culture is great!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 11, 2016
The Managers are irresponsible but the employees are all incredibly friendly and there's a great team spirit.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly and angry guests who are not satisfied with their service. But the most enjoyable part of the job is when guests are thrilled about their service and the time spent with you.
Pros
Great Co-workers, Fun Environment, flexible schedule
Cons
Bad Managment
one of the best places I've been
Head Stablehand, Show Performer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 3, 2016
Working there was a lot of work but it was a fun and and exciting time to work there. Meet some of the best people there. Had fun doing promotional events there.
Great people
Guest Services/Server (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 13, 2016
Met great people during my time here. Management could be rough at times and not always ethical. Schedule was flexible and worked around my school schedule.
Fun & Excellent pay. Sinking ship with a lapse in ethics
Server (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 7, 2016
This is the perfect job for a college student or those trying to rack in some extra money. Otherwise, you're better off avoiding this place.
Work during every holiday!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 3, 2016
Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or social media. Use telephones to reach out to customers and verify account information. Greet customers warmly and ascertain problem or reason for calling. Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges.
ups and downs
Assistant Horse Trainer (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 30, 2016
I worked there for 11 years - it sucks you in and doesn't let go, no matter how hard it gets. It's very hard work for not a lot of money unless you become a knight, and you don't earn that overnight. There is a pretty high turn over rate, but if you can stick it out for a few years you seem to stay for a long time. I loved and cared for those horses like they were my own.
Enjoyable work experience
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 17, 2016
Helped meet the day's daily sales goals and accomplish the task management had for us. Helping customers to the best of my ability with what they needed.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Short shifts, seasonal job
Overall, its a fun place to work.
Falconer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 6, 2016
Its a pretty cool workplace. The theme is obviously medieval, which is different than most everyday encounters. The people (guests and employees) are generally nice people. There is a strong sense of teamwork. A typical day at work is fairly easygoing. Everything we do has a system to get it done. Things normally go smoothly, even on really busy days. I learned about customer service and was able to learn a few different positions within the company. The hardest part of the job is addressing every guest as "My Lord/Lady", but even that isn't too difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is easily the looks of amazement that are on the children's (even the adults) faces when they come in and experience it.

Management. Within the last year, most of the managers either moved up in the company and left our location, or left the company in general. Their successors, in my opinion, are far less respectable as managers. They can only do a minimal amount of things a manager should be able to do. And the way they do things are not sensible at all.
Pros
fun, tuition reimbursement, healthcare
Cons
little to no breaktime
fun job but it comes with sacrifice
Sound & Lighting (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 2, 2016
It is a good job for when your going to school but not a career. Y ou can learn a lot of stuff that you could apply later on in life but you will sacrifice weekends and a lot of your own personal time .
Pros
free food, get to watch the show, interesting encounters
Cons
a lot of mismanagement, weird work hours, work weekends
Once in a lifetime experience and a great atmosphere to work in.
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJAugust 11, 2016
Learned a great deal both in a professional and personal aspect. Enjoyable and fun atmosphere. Everyone worked together as a team. Everyday was challenging and fun.
Rewarding Work Environment
Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2016
While at Medieval Times, I worked as a server and occasionally a trainer for fellow servers. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the guests, the company itself, and my coworkers. It really felt like one big happy family and the positive experiences leave me with a lifetime of memories.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Seasonal Parties, Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Slow Seasons, Server Pay
Fast passed, fast cash, short hours
food server (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 20, 2016
For the most part I enjoyed working here. It did become stressful when there were tight turn overs but things always seemed to work out. Great way to earn some extra cash. The environment was a little crazy at times, hard to work in the dark and hear customers over loud music. Must be able to work holidays and weekends. There did seem to be some favoritism but all in all not a bad place to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medieval Times. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight