Medifast, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Relaxed, professional atmosphere
Coach Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 20, 2018
consistently providing account information for clients & coaches in a family oriented environment. receiving inbound calls regarding client or coach orders and account management. the hardest part of the job is an upset client with an order error. one of the best parts of the job is correcting any errors and satisfying the clients and coaches.
A good place too relaxed and work
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2018
I was mad that I had to leave this job, it was a good job to work at they give you allot of hours and the work is fun and demanding. The breaks is cool.
Pros
allot of hours
Cons
no cons
Medifast
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 5, 2018
A day at Medifast in my position was exciting I got to through events for the patients and deal with the public. The energy with the staff and patients were happy and energetic!
Pros
I was able to learn allot about business in this position
Cons
There are not too many positions within the company to move up too.
Excellent leadership skills
Advisor- Nutritional Coach (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 29, 2018
I was able to provide excellent leadership skills and encourage clients to work hard to achieve their goals. As a manager and nutriotional coach I was able to help clients change their lives and routines to maintain better lifestyles.
Don't Believe The Hype
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2018
During the interviewing process, the managers will sell you the pipe dream that this is a Company who supports their employees & offers a vast array of advancement, but once you are there, it doesn't take long to see that they are all talk.

I was advised that mandatory overtime would be only on the last day of the month, but they often scheduled overtime without much notice. Also, with the location being at the Legg Mason building in downtown Baltimore, unless you work early enough hours & public transportation is an option, you will have to pay for your own parking with no reimbursement from the employer, so in a sense you end up with another monthly bill of a minimum of $225 in order to work there.

There is a huge divide among employees. When you are told there will be "all hands on deck" scheduling, often times management & other departments leave early, so for the few remaining employees required to stay, it becomes extremely stressful.

The system they use to house calls is not sufficient enough for the amount of calls that come in & during busy times, the callers cannot hear you & vice versa, again, posing a stressful environment. Training is minimal & once out on the floor, you lack the support you need or often feel as if when you have questions that you are being a nuisance.
They don't Pay enough
Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 8, 2018
Medifast expects too much out of their employees but do not pay them enough. The high level executives make all the money when the lower level employees does all the work.
Cons
Low pay, short breaks
This is a wonderful place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 6, 2018
this place was very family oriented they did so much for their employees. the hardest part about the job was the beginning once they trained you it was smooth sailing. The management team let you know that they was there anytime you needed them weather it was business or personal. once you were trained a typical day would result in the pickers and packers getting out all the orders that need to ship in a timely manor and with team work that was easy.
Can't Recognize This Company Anymore
Support (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2018
I I have worked for this company for several years; unfortunately, the once happy, upbeat culture has dissipated into something heinous and unrecognizable. I know every company faces challenges in the communication and organization field, but there are no words for the things I have witnessed- especially in recent months. From the launch of a barely functioning new technology platform to the embarrassing actions and behaviors of some leadership, this company gravely lacks accountability and integrity. Sure our numbers look great, but the employee morale is incredibly low.

On the flip-side, I've had the opportunity to train in many sectors- a typical work day is fast-paced; but there is always something to learn. If you are interested in business functionality, this is a great place to get hands-on experience. The only real enjoyable part of this job is the amazing and talented team I get to work with.

Moreover, the compensation and benefits are good- but when it comes to your sanity, sometimes money isn’t everything. All in all, this company could stand to use a lesson in leadership, structure and integrity.
Pros
Compensaton, Benefits, Colleagues
Cons
Lack of Leadership, Structure, Communicaton, Intergrity
NO Structure
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2018
To some up this company there was no structure on training, development of staff or plan towards goals. They weren't very open towards recommendation from individuals like myself with strong experience
Good Job woth Great Benefits
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 8, 2018
This is a good job woth great benefits. The hours are long on almost every Monday and Tuesday but the check are everything.. You can sign up for benefits after 30 days with Aetna.
Pros
Great Pay and weekends off
Fun and friendly co-workers
Supply Chain Management Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 4, 2018
I interned at Medifast from June-August 2016. The typical work day was from 8:00 am-5:00 pm. I would have an hour break for lunch. I learned a variety of Supply Chain information including working in an ERP system called Navision and also working with Pivot Table in Excel.
Pros
Good people to work with
A diverse work place
Product Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 31, 2017
I can truly say that medifast is one of the most diverse places that I have ever worked. Most of management is amazing, but it is noticeable that some are incompetent. Overall they are an amazing group of individuals.
Coworkers are nice
Email Chat telephone Rep (Former Employee) –  Downtown Baltimore MdDecember 12, 2017
Management doesn’t care if you are sick they want you at work answering those phones. OT is offered however you may show up and no one is there. Everyone seems really nice but they are shady. The pay is good as well as the benefits the job is easy it’s just the management knit picks.
Pros
Free lunches good pay good benefits
Cons
Breaks will be cut short you pay for parking
Fun, Friendly, Familial
Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 26, 2017
Great company to work for, progressive fun familial. They are committed to good health and creating a great place to work for their employees. It's a good company to work for.
Good Company to Work For
Blender (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 4, 2017
My experience with MEDIFAST was one of learning; however, it was something that I could not see myself doing for the rest of my life. During my time with MEDIFAST, I was given the opportunity to obtain my "fork Lift" certification; and, that has been something that opened many other doors for me
Work people really hard
Director (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 6, 2017
They claim work life balance but at the end of the day, you have to get the job done no matter what. The company doesn't have a clear vision, they follow a flavor of the month approach and hope that something sticks. They put a lot of effort into sports nutrition only to abandon it before it started. They also recently doubled their product line which doubled all of their supply chain costs
Pros
DIscounted weight loss products
Cons
Stressful environment
Productive and Fun workplace
Developer (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 31, 2017
A fun, loving, family oriented place to work. There's never a dull day at Medifast! Always looking forward to coming into work! Once you get to know everyone, the place begins to grow on you!
Pros
Fun co-workers, breakfast Fridays, Dev lunch Fridays, flex hours, lax yet productive environment
Cons
Sometimes donuts appear from nowhere, it's a weakness
Medifast
Manager and Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 17, 2017
Medifast is a great company depending on where you are working and the family that you have. I would not recommend managing if you have small children.
Productive and used to be a great place to work, but the last year it has went down the drain.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ridgely, MDAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with the employees. the hardest part of the job was getting the employees to work with you and not against you. I learned a lot at medifast and hope to use my knowledge else where. A typical day at medifast is on Monday's you start at 6 am and work until you get 3000 orders done. Sometimes it was 3 or 4 and other times it was 5 or 6 pm so I would be there later. You would pick the orders and send them down the belt to go across the QC scale and than to the void fill area and sealer to the truck. There is to much favoritism going on in this company.
Productive Workplace
Blender/ Manufacturing Worker (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 2, 2017
I have moved up in this company fast by learning, listening and understanding different opportunities that are provided. I started the job as a Production worker and in 1 month I was transferred to a Blender worker with more duties and an increase in pay. In 2 Months I was officially certified on the Forklift after only training on the forklift constantly for 2 weeks. After that I was certified on the scissor lift on May of 2017.
Pros
Clean environment.
Cons
Not enough work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medifast, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight