MedImpact Employee Reviews

Call Center for managing and verifying heath insurance and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 5, 2018
Typical day: answering 30-80 inbound calls from Pharmacies, Dr. Offices, and clients regarding health insurance benefits.
Learned how to have patience and also compassion.
Management: companies Supervisor at the time was very unprofessional and unhelpful.
Workplace culture: Inconsiderate
Hardest part of the job if when you're the new person no one cares about you and your concerns unless you happen to make friends with a vet/and willing to help you succeed and advance with the company. Other than that it's just you and the wolves.
Cons
unprofessional company to work for.
Operations (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2019
Medimpact has a decent culture that offers your typical corporate benefits(Healthcare, dental care, 401k, etc). I wish there was more room for advancement within the company...
Great place
IT BSA (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2018
This is a great place for autonomy. The culture is very open and maintains a flat hierarchy. Your work is recognized and in general people are friendly and relaxed.
Pros
Career advancement, recognition
Cons
Long hours, Mid-senior management
Excellent Company to work for.
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MI 48111May 16, 2018
This was one of the most productive and excellent company to work for. I loved every minute of my time with the company. I learned a lot to be able to be productive and further my career. I would work for or refer Medimpact to anyone looking to be gainfully employed.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Management, hours.
Cons
communuication
Top heavy, do not appreciate those doing the foot work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2018
It seems that daily there are communications sent out to announce the hiring, or promotion of a VP, Principal, Upper Management, etc. MedImpact should focus on growing and retaining the hard working employees that are doing the day-to-day functions that keep the company running.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Company does not trust veteran employees, salaries are not consistent between workers of the same title, they trust remote employees more than those that must report to the office daily, micromanagement is the norm.
New Management in GPS Department is Terrible
GPS department (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2019
Worked here for 3 years. Loved my job and what I did but once new management/supervisors were hired it demoralized the work environment and my team. Loved the company but some of the new external hires that get hired into the department as management/supervisors lacked the knowledge of what the department does and issues it had, they made unnecessary changes and really impacts the department. Made some of the employees move to other departments due to poor management. Love the company but terrible management in GPS department.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Poor new hire Management/supervisors
Call Center
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, MIJune 3, 2018
Better and more comfortable than most call center jobs out there. Great benefits once you are hired in. Management is working on attitudes and hiring more mature agents.
Benefits
Cons
Poor hiring
n/a
Customer Service Representative/Phar tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2018
It was great place to work. They provide good compensation package.
there is room for career growth and opputunities.
The hardest part of the job is the. mandatory overtime during the first 3 months of the year (January to March).
Horrible treatment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Buren Township, MINovember 15, 2018
You get hired in through a temp agency Aerotek. They want you to get the job so they get money from hiring you for the job. After you start, their attitude towards you gets unprofessionally poor. You get treated like cattle rather than human. If you are late once, expect to be yelled at no matter what emergency happened. If your are late twice, (I mean 1 minute after you are scheduled) expect to get fired or yelled at again and fired the next time. Mandatory overtime is required at times which means 10 hour days. You could have an awful schedule of nights and weekends. They do not care if you have a family or children. Absolutely no accommodation. Some temps have been there over a year still waiting to be hired, so do not expect to get hired in quickly. Aerotek also does not pay holiday pay, so if you are forced to work holidays Medimpact employees will be making more than you for doing the same work. Do not get lured in by $16/hr starting pay, it is not worth it there are far better companies that actually care about you as a human being with a life.
Cons
short breaks, schedule, temp agency in charge of hiring, no job security, favoritism, unrealistic expectations
Unique company with great people
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2018
Medimpact is a wonderfully innovative company with deep roots in PBM. Working environment can be very pleasant but sometimes require long working hours. Lots of old-timers still working for the company which speak volumes about employment satisfaction. Good people and outlook, but middle management is in constant flux so some politics and changes are inevitable.
Pros
Nice new building on its way, good people
Cons
Poor technology foundation, open cubicles for everyone
Horrible work-life balance
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2017
I was paid well for my position but was salary so no overtime pay. This meant that they had no issues with demanding weekend work. The work is cyclical and certain times of the year were crunch time. During those times it was not out of the ordinary to work at least part of the weekend 3 weekends a month. There were times that I put in 20 hours on the weekends. I was working so many hours, I missed anniversaries, birthday parties and lots of family things. Yet, MedImpact kept laying off team members and then requiring the rest of us to pick up the slack. This was all happening while the company was VERY profitable. They just take advantage of people. Most people in management were promoted one step higher than they had skills for, so everyone was in over their heads and acted like it.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Did not value their employees
fun workplace, potlucks
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 15, 2018
fun place to work, lots of potlucks and pizza parties, throughout the year we did different activities for holidays. There was room for promotions, the management staff was open for suggestions or if an employee just needed to talk
Pros
benefit package, and yearly bonuses
Cons
long hours, anery stressful
Dynamic work environment and culture
Director, Formulary Administration & Strategy (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2018
Many opportunities for career advancement, but there is a lack of structure and clear directions from senior executive leadership in overall business strategy.
Cons
Lack of up-to-date technology
Awesome employees, terrible management
Supervisor Benefits Configuration (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I worked in management in the Benefits Department and managed a team that supported a very large client. Upper management sets unrealistic, poorly supported goals and processes. Some of their managers directly hinder the success of others.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Poor management
Overall Review
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Van Buren County, MIFebruary 23, 2018
Benefits were really good, taking time off was easily done. Management was sometimes not the best as it was about avoiding confrontation instead of dong what was right. Working hours changed based on need of the client. overall good company wish it wasnt so far from home.
Going nowhere fast
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2018
MedImpact lacked focus. Management was ill-trained and paid attention to the wrong metrics. Workload was improperly balanced and there was balance between work and life. Unrealistic expectations placed across multiple departments really decreased employee morale. Pay and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Unfocused Company, lack of management training
Some pros, but more cons
Testing and Validation Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
The company is great in terms of growth and career advancement, but you will hit a wall sooner or later and you will see your ambitions plummet. There is a lot of negativity and backwards culture in numerous departments. The process improvement is non-existent for some departments. If something didn't work in the past, why bring it back? Are you hoping things magically work themselves out?
I liked the job, just not direct supervisor.
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 13, 2018
I liked the job, just not direct supervisor.
I understand management is to pass along information about the job, but the supervisor I sat next to, just gave a cut and past coaching to every employee. The strong point and weak point weak not focused on.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
only 1 entrance into the building
Very busy development / QA environment
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2017
Can't rate as far as Benefits; I never received any inasmuch as I was a contractor.
Good technical people (programmers and Business Analysts). Each day brought new challenges as their business was healthcare management systems; this was totally foreign environment for me.

There were tight deadlines that were sometimes difficult to make because development took longer than expected and the customers frequently changed requirements.
However, I got a lot of in depth relational DB experience writing a lot of SQL code (PL / SQL & MS Server).

The management made some promises that they didn't keep regarding retention.
Pros
Allowed to work independently for the most part.
Cons
I could have worked more efficiently from home, but generally that was not allowed.
na/
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 2, 2018
poor management, takes very long time to get hired on, temp only, late hours, weekends, mandatory OT, no time off, not willing to work with schedule...
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a