MedImpact Employee Reviews

Call Center for managing and verifying heath insurance and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 5, 2018
Typical day: answering 30-80 inbound calls from Pharmacies, Dr. Offices, and clients regarding health insurance benefits.
Learned how to have patience and also compassion.
Management: companies Supervisor at the time was very unprofessional and unhelpful.
Workplace culture: Inconsiderate
Hardest part of the job if when you're the new person no one cares about you and your concerns unless you happen to make friends with a vet/and willing to help you succeed and advance with the company. Other than that it's just you and the wolves.
Cons
unprofessional company to work for.
unk
Cusomer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, MIJune 26, 2018
I work 8 hours Mon-Fri. It is fast pace and high call volume, however that is periods of time with the call volume slows down and the company will offer voluntary time off.
Call Center
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, MIJune 3, 2018
Better and more comfortable than most call center jobs out there. Great benefits once you are hired in. Management is working on attitudes and hiring more mature agents.
Benefits
Cons
Poor hiring
Flexible work schedule
Accounts Receivable Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 31, 2018
I actually enjoy my job and the flexibility of my schedule. If it were not for the fact that there does not appear to be any room for advancement unless I worked at the headquarters in Arizona, I would not even be looking for another job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No advancement in my department
Excellent Company to work for.
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MI 48111May 16, 2018
This was one of the most productive and excellent company to work for. I loved every minute of my time with the company. I learned a lot to be able to be productive and further my career. I would work for or refer Medimpact to anyone looking to be gainfully employed.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Management, hours.
Cons
communuication
fun workplace, potlucks
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 15, 2018
fun place to work, lots of potlucks and pizza parties, throughout the year we did different activities for holidays. There was room for promotions, the management staff was open for suggestions or if an employee just needed to talk
Pros
benefit package, and yearly bonuses
Cons
long hours, anery stressful
n/a
Customer Service Representative/Phar tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2018
It was great place to work. They provide good compensation package.
there is room for career growth and opputunities.
The hardest part of the job is the. mandatory overtime during the first 3 months of the year (January to March).
Good niche PBM, great outlook
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2018
Company has lots of potential, leader in the private PBM sector.
Lots of great people, beautiful offices (mostly), and good management vision & direction.
Pros
Good company culture
Cons
Office is Open Space concept (all cubicles)
Do not work for MedImpact or SUNRx - Bad people
A Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2018
Big brother is here. Monitor everything, bad management, bad treatment of employees, placing blame on things that people had nothing to do with. Company is going down hill because CVS moved 340B to WellPoint. Do not join a sinking ship.
Pros
Money
Stressful environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2018
Large turnover in legacy management created an unstable and very stressful environment. Understaffed in many key departments. Impossible to meet goals without support.
Good Place
Data-Warehousing and IT Security Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2018
I was an intern at this company and it was nice to be at. My Coworkers were always helpful in what I wanted to learn as well as helpful in the projects I was a part of during my time there.
Worst Company In SD To Work For.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2018
It is better to invest in your employee's and have them leave, then to have the stupid ones stay. Management is literally a joke. No accountability whatsoever.
Pros
I don't ever have to go back to that nightmare.
Cons
Culture is toxic. More hostile than words can describe.
Lots of after hours work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2018
Nepotism runs riot. Family sticks together and you never know whats coming next.

Management needs a shakeup on the IT side. The old guys get their way and don't put in the hours.
Pros
decent health plan
Overall Review
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Van Buren County, MIFebruary 23, 2018
Benefits were really good, taking time off was easily done. Management was sometimes not the best as it was about avoiding confrontation instead of dong what was right. Working hours changed based on need of the client. overall good company wish it wasnt so far from home.
Honest place to work with a somewhat top-heavy mgmt structure
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Met a lot of great people, did some good work and was paid fairly. Management was overall supportive with a few non-stellar folks who could make your career development difficult. This is a bit anecdotal from me - since I was a contractor during my time there.
Pros
Beautiful office, nice working environment
Cons
Some Sr. Leadership will be tone-deaf to good suggestions
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 19, 2018
The job and my manager was great very professional. The hours work were great. It was a new mail order business so it kept you moving. I would work for them again treated you right.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Job was short lived
Awesome employees, terrible management
Supervisor Benefits Configuration (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I worked in management in the Benefits Department and managed a team that supported a very large client. Upper management sets unrealistic, poorly supported goals and processes. Some of their managers directly hinder the success of others.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Poor management
Fast pace, rewarding, fun and professional
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I worked in a call center assisting patients with receiving their prescriptions. Liason between medical insurance, provider and patient. Processed request for prescription replacements and approved overrides.
Pros
Advancement and growth
Going nowhere fast
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2018
MedImpact lacked focus. Management was ill-trained and paid attention to the wrong metrics. Workload was improperly balanced and there was balance between work and life. Unrealistic expectations placed across multiple departments really decreased employee morale. Pay and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Unfocused Company, lack of management training
Normal call center
Pharmacy Help Desk Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2018
I did acquire much knowledge about the pharmacy industry .
The best past of this experience was to be able to successfully guide our customers, who ranged from pharmacy technicians to doctors and RN's, to get the solution to their issues.
Pros
Customer service appreciation week
Cons
Short breaks