Medisca

United States20 reviews

Medisca insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Not a bad place to work

Started as Packaging TechnicianGreat working hours which allows you to have work-life balance, overtime is available tooGreat pay, great benefitsmanagement is just ok but if you just ignore them blaming you and get on with your work then they're finegood people to work with

Horrible management

When they cannot get what they want out of you, you will no longer fit their criteria. Management are all friends. Makes it very hard to succeed or advance if everyone does not agree. Supervisor speaks down at you and is constantly comparing you to others. Very unprofessional when trying to get her views across.

Unfair!

Working for them is a total waste of time. There is no advancement what so ever. You don’t get paid enough for the work they want you to do. Management is so unfair, if you aren’t the favorite one you won’t get far. Management doesn’t even bother to hear what problems go on in that place. They just say the usual “I will take care off it” meaning you will get fired here in the next few days or so. Don’t bother wasting your time with this company.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Not enough pay, Favoritism

Horrible

This place is an absolute dump. Want to work somewhere getting paid almost nothing while the Canadians make money off of you? Completely thankless job and the benefits aren’t any better than the pay.

supervisory is sub par

fast paced, operations manager could use structure. enjoyed helping people, lack of self control from other employees, stressful lax management. climate controlled enviornment

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Positive Attitude Company

Good company to work for.... I would recommend anyone that applies should establish what the long term goal of the position is before starting the job. Establish your compensation correctly in regards to commissions if you are in sales.

Pros

Positive Energy; Good Spirit; Good Health Benefits

Cons

Commissions for sales positions are vague; Management does not communicate with eath other well;

Great environment

Medisca is a great place of employment. I would recommend people to work here. You have the ability to get overtime when needed. The people that work at medisca are amazing!

I don't have good review for Medisca.

There's nothing I like about this company, nothing special anyway accept it paid me ok. And that is all I have to comment about this company sorry wish I had more.

Not a healthy place to work at all

I worked and hardly got no training with extremely high expectations and numbers . I work with a lot of the employees that say the job is stressful . I worked there with a positive attitude as a temp tried my best with no training my attendance was great . They didn't like my numbers one day the next day they fired me . I did not like how there is favoritism and allot of complaints with the new workers by the old employees there to the supervisor in a sneaky way. Allot of pressure and no patience there . Too many cameras too many people watching you and no training . People let fired allot there especially the temps . I recommend to find a better job than this immediately . No communication with this company or supervisors don't waste your time or breath . I left very respectful and polite but I was very displease with this job . I hope this help people God Bless

Pros

The pay

Cons

No communication not a healthy environment to work

No respect for this company

Medisca is a very flawed company. Irving has no leadership, and is constantly being watched on cameras by supervisors and higher ups in Canada. The director of quality intervenes in daily operations and insists reprimands on employees instead of letting his staff do their job. They staff lacks professionalism, and a clear vision. I represent the twenty fourth person to leave the company in a 6 month period. There is 0 percent for advancement, and the compensation is below average. Medisca does not follow their own quality policy and have approved procedures that will put patients at risk. I do not recommend anyone to work at Medisca, it's just not worth it..

Cons

Poor management, zero advancement, stressful conditions

They really stabbed me

I did a fantastic job competing the very little duties they gave me here. I loved my job, got along with everyone and always attended. They hardly gave me 3 tasks a WEEK that lasted each 30 minutes or so to complete and fired me for using the computer on my spare time, although provided zero work when I asked for more and was left literally playing with my thumbs. They had given me a warning and I promised I would not do it again and we went on with our day. Then the next day a lady from canada, HR dept. & very rude and unGodly, fired me. Point blank. Even after I had a warning the day prior even after I gave my ALL to that job with as little work as there was, even after I treated everyone so kind and respectfully and was hoping to be there long term and even after sitting there and begging to keep my job I JUST GOT WARNED YESTERDAY AND PROMISED NOT TO DO IT AGAIN, I got SHUT DOWN. I am extremely upset with this ccompany as they do not believe in forgiveness and are all very unkind and treat you like you are nothing after making ONE mistake. oh yeah, they fired me a few weeks before I become a mother. You think that had something to do with it? Yes. I sent an email asking about my leave THE DAY I was warned about the computer and never heard anything back! Sneaky. Cruel. UnGodly. If you're a Godly person, you'll want to find another company to work for. Plus I was warned by several of the quality management and other people in the warehouse to watch my back with regular management. Well, at least I can say I was a hard worker, loyal to them, honest and gave the job my all. -

Pros

Cold water was offered.

Cons

The management.

work day

inventory of product being realesed from production use of rf scanner to do bin movemnts around the warehouse use of high reach to relocate prouduct through out the warehouse

decent place to work at, very laid back

i learned to work as a team, and have each others back like a family. help one another when in need of assistance and always work your hardest

very unorganized

Very unorganized company. Management is terrible here. They have a "pick who I like " attitude about employees as far as jobs go. The pay is terrible for the work that is done. Wearing a respirator for 7 hours a day and only being paid a 50 cent commission for that and you still go home knowing you've inhaled that product

Pros

Monday -Friday

Cons

short on pay, short on breaks, terrible management, no incentives

Extremely bad place to work

Management is the worst. They do not treat employee's well that do not kiss up to management. if long time employee and you get hurt don't expect to come back to anything at all you will loose everything you worked for including your vacation, sick time pay and what ever else you accomplished.

Pros

No pros at all

Very disorganized and unprofessional

They start out hiring you for a job for Medisca then switch you to their privately own lab called CED. They advertise it as a 3rd party independent lab but is owned and run by Medisca. HR benefits payroll IT and executive management is in Canada and is a nightmare to get any support. The lab is poorly constructed and designed. They have new equipment but give no support or people to get job done. High expectations with little or no planning to execute the plans. Executive staff in Canada micro manage everything down to the time spent on cell phones, amount of paper used and requires exempt employees to punch a time clock. Entire lab and office areas are under constant monitor by cameras. Feels like a jail more than a lab. The HR staff has little understanding of the US employment laws or Texas employment laws. Not a professional place to work.

Pros

endless supply of funds

Cons

see above

it was easy going job

a typical day at work was getting priorities in labs and getting personel ther jobs for the day. i learned many job functions warehouse receiving and fork lift oppreations. the management was alright. i loved all my coworkers and enjoyed working with all of them. trying to understand manegment. working with the employees.

Lab Technician

I enjoyed working for this company. Was full time hours people and the company were always very nice. Typical day consisted of completing work orders that were on that days to do list.

Pros

This company had alot of pros about it, .

Cons

Handling Chemicals

Continous Growth

I started at Medisca in 2005 when it was just one facility in the United States. With in the last 8 years we grew from 1 facility in the US and one in Canada to 3 in Canada, 3 in the US and one facility in Australia. A typical day involved inventory control, picking, packing, shipping, production of raw materials, general cleaning and safety training, SOPs, monitoring temperatures, communication information to head office, problem solving, lean six sigma projects for continuous improvement.

Pros

No weekends

Cons

Bad benefits

Fun place to work, high spirits

Great place, great atmosphere, nice place to work, constant work always kept me busy.

Pros

nice hours, no weekends, ac in warehouse

Cons

no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medisca. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4