Mediscan Staffing Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Local office was an easy commute
Traveler Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 3, 2018
I was a Travel Nurse when I worked at Mediscan Staffing. I was assigned to various local hospitals & provided Discharge Planning. The staff was pleasant & easy to talk to.
June 6, 2018

Thank you for the positive review. We are very happy to hear you had a pleasant experience while working with us. We hope to be able to work with you again in the near future.

Uncoordinated
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 18, 2018
When it comes to organizing different requirements (lab work, CPR Card etc) in order to work at different hospitals they need to have a better system!!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
inconsistent hours
June 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. We appreciate you have pointed out an area we can improve upon. Please continue to communicate with our team, we encourage you to reach out directly to our operations manager with suggestions on how we can improve your experience with us.

Recruiter Yvette Pena is great to work with. Highly recommend her services
Case Manager/Brotman Medical Ctr (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Recruiters ar great. Direct deposit weekly. Competitive pay. I have Been with the company for 3 years. They have been there anytime i needs them. Quick to staff an assignment. Great working relationship with my recruiter.
Pros
Great pay, family oriented, great staff
Cons
No paid vacation
May 3, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience with Mediscan. It is always great to learn that our team members are providing you with the level of service you expect. Thank you for your feedback, please continue to talk to our management and leadership team on how we can improve your experience with us.

Inpatient Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Mediscan is one of the best staffing agencies to work for. I’ve worked with several I the past and hands down Mediscan is above all... The staff is amazing, friendly and very very helpful. Val- the CEO is amazing!!!!!!!!!
This is definitely a family culture atmosphere w
Excellent Staff
LVN (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Excellent Staff. You are guided every step of the way. All questions are answered in a timely manner. Currently part-time. Would like to be permanent in the mere future. Would like to receive benefits.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
Not Applicable
good place to work but i need full time work.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CA 91367February 4, 2018
Just need full time work, that is what matter to me. A good place to work.

work is good.

I learn that they need to provide more work for staff and better pay for holiday time

the work environment is good

The management is good but they need to search more work for staff who are experienced.
Pros
get alright- weekly which is very good
Cons
need to pay holiday time and more work for staff
Great way to start your career.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Very friendly environment. They are honest and direct. Great variety of hospaital experience and exposure. They place you near your home so you don’t have to travel far if you don’t want to.
Pros
Experience
good job
TCD/ECHO TECH ON -CALL (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2017
good for per diem position not full time. I work full time and do mediscan on the side it works for me and my schedule it is not a source of MAIN income because the job depends if you are needed or not.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 20, 2017
I like to work at mediscan.
to see all these people every day .
i improved my knowledge how to work at team .
Thank you for opportunity to work with you.
n/a
Cna/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 9, 2017
this company is an agency. Pay is well but again, no benefits. the good thing is they send you based on your locations and are good about days and times you are available.
Its a good way to get to familiarize with all type of employers out there.
Radiologic Technologist / CT Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
I like working with Mediscan because you get to go to alot of different facilities and you get to work with all type of machines. You also get to know alot of new people out in the same field as you are. The management in most places is for the most part really nice and understanding.I would say the hardest part of the job would be driving far if they ever send you somewhere far.
Pros
get to meet new people and new machines.
fun and productive
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Traveler) (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 5, 2017
great positive energy among co-workers. everyone is always willing to lend a hand to each other. the various disciplines in the facility co-coordinate with each other to keep everything running smoothly.
Bottom of the Barrel
Recruiter/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 3, 2017
Poor leadership, shady book keeping, poor clients list, extremely micro managed, expect you to take on additional responsibilities without paying you.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch
Cons
Everything Else
good first job
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 31, 2017
great place to get acute care experience, the staff is very nice and organized, the culture relaxed. keep an open schedule and you get lots of shifts.
company run by Professional and well educated competitive
RN National Recruiter/Educator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 14, 2017
Developing new ways of recruiting and evaluation and professional advancement for candidates. Not provided necessary training rather let learn and try .
Pros
Nice Upper management
Cons
not supportive technical department
its good while your looking for better options
Diagnostic Medical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 29, 2017
If you need job now, its a good place to start, but they need to take care of their field staff and in house employee, There is a lot of turnover, someone is always leaving or just starting.
I really like Mediscan Staffing Services. I usually get what I want.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 11, 2017
Mediscan staff are very professional & dedicated. They work with employees very well to provide work according to employee preferences. & demands. I will continue to work through Mediscan & tell other Respiratory Care givers that they are a great company to work for.
Pros
I can work any day I choose. Pay is great. Staff is excellent.
Cons
work slows at slow time of year. I want to work at 1 hospital only sometimes.
Lack of integrity; Lack of professional ethics; untenable
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 9, 2017
Stay away from this employer if you value your professional license and reputation. When an employer treats their employees like I was treated, they skirt The Golden Rule, knowing there will likely be no repercussions. Telling the truth is not a fantasy reserved for 'others'. If you are going to tell your employees that you believe the individual with a reason to lie, instead of the employee, who has a professional requirement for truthfulness in the conduct of their employment, then you are telling the public that this is not a company that deserves business. And yes, the Labor Board can explain Reporting Time Pay. Owed, when an employee is dispatched to an assignment, but is turned away by the client, through no fault of the employee. Look it up Mediscan management.
Cons
Unethical
Good and supportive staff.Flexible hours,pay rate is medium.
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 8, 2017
Nurse recruiters are supportive and give adequate directions .Supportive staff members.Staff members has longevity.Support growth. Accommodating to area of expertise and location of work area.Appreciative of hard work.
Pros
Temporary assignments, flexible hours.
Cons
Sometimes assignment are too far, job is under contract basis, benefit are not the best
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 30, 2017
It is a company that provides professional staffing to the area hospitals. The assignments are short-term and temporary. My occupation involved, mostly, seasonal employment. I no longer work in the field.
Pros
a temp agency
Cons
a temp agency