Medley Communications Employee Reviews

Don’t work here
Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2018
Go to corporate Cox and get a job with them if you are thinking of doing cable. I liked doing cable, but the promises were of $1200 a week for an average tech. I was good at my job, but had to use my own truck for work and could hardly stay afloat with the terrible piece rate they pay. I generally worked 14+ hours per day and even when you called a customer at 9 at night and asked if they still wanted service they would say yes. I do not recommend the job at all for a contractor. Loved the guys I worked with, even like my bosses even though they weren’t helpful, but this is a terrible business model for the low end employees.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Worst job ever
nice place to work
Low Voltage Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 11, 2018
good people friendly environment. I would advise that anyone who applies brings their own tools to the table. losing a companys tools is never fun. keep track of all eqipment
The will close soon
Field Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 8, 2018
When it first came to Oklahoma they were ahead of the game. Cox set the goal to shut down the previous contractors used and we did it. Due to poor management recruits they are scheduled to phased out of the game by Cox Communications.
Cons
No job security anymore
Great place
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 25, 2018
They really care about their employees. The hours suck though we all start at 7am we had one guy who stayed at a job till 10pm one night insane but the job was worth over 100 points so definitely worth it.
Pros
They pay for mileage
Cons
The hours are brutal most times its 7am to 7pm sonetimes later depending on job and situation.
great company
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 20, 2018
Love the job just dont see any growth with the company, they tell u about raises too well that hasnt happened in a long while and they dont keep there word on thing, wish they would keep there word and make sure to make employees are some what happy.
Pros
great company
Cons
have u leave early when slow
produtive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 15, 2018
i good place to work/in joyed learning new ways of doing n=my job
management was good to work with
the most enjoyable thing was that i learned how to install cable and being able to take care of the people(Tech's)that worked there
Good Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2018
Great company to work for. Enjoyed the staff I worked with. Always available if i had questions. Understanding if I needed a day off. Worked with my schedule with my children.
Great place to work if you like working with tools
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 14, 2018
One of my favorite jobs, there were only a few cons about working at this place such as long days, short breaks, and strict time frame completion of appointments. Also because my work vehicle kept getting broken into and didn't have access to proper tools to complete a job.
Cable Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 20, 2017
Good place to work, but since the pay is based solely on the work you do, the money gets very little during the winter when there are not that many jobs to be done
a good honest place to work
Client Fulfillment Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 3, 2017
I loved my time as a Client Fulfillment Manager at Medley. I was always treated fairly. The upper leadership is a bit entrenched. But it is a family owned company. They did make me feel like family. But I needed to have an opportunity to advance to an executive level. I was impatient and did not want to wait
Pros
good pay and bonus structure
Cons
limited top level advancement
Slow paced
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 7, 2017
This shop was not well organized was poor management was not good paying hardly no work was done had a couple problems with cut check wouldn't recommend to go in.
Pros
Driving
Cons
over all a great place to work
Dispatcher/Call center (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 21, 2017
Medley Communications was a great experience. They have a lot of amazing people working for them and they try to find ways to make your job more enjoyable everyday. The environment is fast paced because of the amount of calls that come in and how fast things can change. the hardest part of the job was the stress that comes with you meeting different categories in small amounts of times.
Pros
good enviornment, great coworkers, you learn everyday
Cons
works weekends long hours
Good place to work if you're single with no kids or life.
Senior Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  AZJune 4, 2017
During the "BUSY" season (august if you're lucky) you can make good money but you're working 11 hr days with a 30 min lunch if you're lucky. Benifets are expensive no paid time off or sick days. You can only take 2 Saturdays off per year. They say average pay is 600-900 per week.. That's not the case all techs I've talked to the last 3 months including myself are pulling in 300 wk. If we're lucky and still working long days. My friend that works part-time retail at minimum wage is bringing home more money then me. Plus you work your personal vehicle to death. basically consider your truck an investment for just work.

The schedule consists of 7 am to whenever. (As they put it)
I never knew if I was working til noon or 8pm on any given day. Hard to raise and keep a family with this line of work.
Pros
Set your own pace. No mgnt breathing over you.
Cons
Over worked. Low pay. No benifits. No PTO. No holiday pay. No set sched.
fun to work at everyone is friendly
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2017
very helpful people when you 1st start good work never boring get to move around alot. only cons are have to use own truck and drive everyone even if hours away
Aweesome Management
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85281December 13, 2016
Great team, decent pay, and you gain good contracting experience. The company overall is an awesome one. Everybody in the company works together well.
it was not for me
CABLE INSTALLATION TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2016
it was not for me seeing as i have a small fear of heights. i dont have anything more to say.........................................
love this job hate they move to new orleans
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2016
Cable Installer
Install Cable Television, Internet, and Telephones
Underground Wiring
Demark Wiring
Customer Service to Residential and Commercial Properties
Its 9 an hour
CATV Tech (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 4, 2015
This isn't really a bad company to work for if you are okay with making basically $9/hour and drive your own truck at least 100 miles a day in some cases.
Fast Paced Company
Dispatcher-Time Warner Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAMarch 19, 2015
Medley Communications was very fast paced, as I would expect from any dispatch position. This job kept me on my toes. There was never a dull moment. I enjoyed this job very much.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAFebruary 16, 2015
I inherited a great work ethic with dispatching and customer service combined. The hardest part of the job is the hours/scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that your work can make a differnence for someone.