Medline Industries Employee Reviews

Pros and Cons
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2018
Fast paced environment, more work than pay with plenty of overtime. Coworkers are ok to deal with. Some days are more stressful than others. I'd prefer more pay and not work every day of the week to survive.
Stressful environment. Long hours.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 8, 2018
High turnover rates. Very stressful atmosphere. Improperly trained management and crew. Long hours and showed favoritism in management .little chances for advancement
Good benefits
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 6, 2018
Nice people to work with. Great benefits. Some room for advancement but not much. Bonuses for hard work. Family appreciation days. Volunteer opportunities in the community.
Terrible work culture and standards
Manager (Current Employee) –  Northfield, ILDecember 3, 2018
Employees are retaliated against if reporting improper conduct. I’ve witnessed managers swear and yell at direct reports in the middle of a department. Turnover is extremely high, and HR doesn’t seem to care or look at what’s happening. Those who do stay like to fly below the radar, do as little as possible and never offer extra. You’re almost rewarded for saying yes, keeping your head down and smiling. This is not a place for new ideas and efficiency.
Pros
A gym
Cons
Poor upper management, no work life balance, required to be there 9 hours a day
Sales company
Physician Office Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2018
Great company to work for. Keep you moving and selling products to your customer base. I learned a lot about my self and how GREAT of a salesman I am.
Pros
Money
Cons
Pressure is high.
ping pong table and the activities done for employees
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2018
Very hot and humid. Work is ok but productivity is hard to keep up with, your really have to hustle most of the time you can feel fatigued. There is favortism. They dont stick to there dress code policy or any other policy. They dont enforce what they say which is not good because it makes you question management when they want to apply any policy. They do activities for the employees the pay is ok not enough for the work that is done. Now a days we as employee are a number and thats every job, technology is taking over. Management disrespects employees and vice versa no morals or values.
Sales Specialist
RN Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILNovember 30, 2018
Great place to work! Management cares and offers resources needed for field employees to be successful. Medline offers good benefits and keeps employees well informed.
Good Medical Company and good my medical practical work.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 30, 2018
I work in the Company Medline 8 years, assembly worker where job is fast and hard, but I love my job, special I love worked with medical supplies and open face method. In this company I learn about time work job. They for holidays always have to many surprise for employer. I spend good time in Medline, I learned about medical job and my English is much better after I working in this company. But, Company close and I gat to lay off.
Pros
Safe job, medical insurance.
Cons
Fast job on the conveyer.
Medline is very successful company, however employee work life balance is not reachable
Sr. Account Manager - Implementation/Corp Sales (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILNovember 29, 2018
Overall Medline is a very successful company. The only concern is work load / work life balance. I worked there for more than 10 years and during that time I felt stress to keep up with the volume.
Pros
Success at increase business
Cons
Work Life Balance
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  ChesterNovember 28, 2018
Sometimes shifts thin out with new hire/temp turnover and make for longer shift everyday but a great place to work with great management over all with many bonuses offered
It's a job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 28, 2018
At Medline there were too many hours the pay was not justified moving different shift times when you didn't want a lot. You go into work everyday not knowing if you're going to work overtime or not they pretty much let you know right at the end of your normal shift hours which makes it hard if you have a family to balance with work.
Successful Company
Chemical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Honea Path, SCNovember 27, 2018
Medline overall is a very successful company. Compensation is above average. Medline is a distribution company but over time they have backward integrated into manufacturing. Upper management has had a difficult time adjusting to the change in mindset needed for manufacturing.
Pros
good pay
Cons
micro management
Productive, save and fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2018
We have a basketball court in the warehouse... Yeah! We have ping pong table, foosball table etc. I will never forgotten the games and the players. Is like a gym, everyday I will bring extra t-shirt, every break time we always race to the court how's going play first..wow!
Missed old days .
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Play ball every day.
Cool little starter job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 21, 2018
Medline taught me to handle shipping and receiving packages. The company aslo had great employees. The pay rate was dissapointing though. Minimum wage is hard to live off.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay
Ups and Downs
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 18, 2018
Great place overall. Treat employees well for the most part. Stressful as in everything is on a time line to be completed the same day. Management is helpful and will help you whatever your situation is, they do want you to succeed.
Hard Work and hot
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDNovember 13, 2018
Typical day is not being able to leave until all the work is done , I learned my worth working there , management was not all that great it was kind of not well put together at the time . The hardest part was how hot it was at the time . Th most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and clocking out for the day .
productive work environment look for ways to motivate employees
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYNovember 13, 2018
We would start work with stretching pick out a reach lit fork truck do inspection of your truck. then we would put pallots away on shelves. I learned quite abit about operating forklift reach trucks safety was a big deal the training wasn't as good as it could have been. they didn't stress time limits and proper verification as much as they should have. It was real easy to put things in the wrong place.
Pros
excellent benefits if you were accepted past your 90 day probation period
Cons
management never mentions the good things you do just the mistakes
No advemenct
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 10, 2018
Even if your good they still gotta make their numbers so give out errors which take away your bonus in addition the only way to advance is to shadow mangement and enter their frat club. Point out safety issues and completely ignore you if a pallet falls on you it falls on you from 5 storie ups
Pros
Meeting other people
Cons
No social life, no time for appointments, no advancement
Caution.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDNovember 8, 2018
Let me give you a word of caution with this employer:
It all started when I was a temp, things were great. I had plenty of time to do what I needed to do. Then, I became permanent here. More work and more hours till I lose my mind. Much later, now, it's less hours with more help to make things less stressful. We're moving to Perryville in another year. Awesome. Now, we're changing the rules because one person hates smokers after it being allowed for 15 years. No smoking on the property, even in own car on parking lot. I can't stop smoking after 20+ years. It isn't just the smoking policy, either. The micromanagement will drive a sane person absolutely bonkers, and if you ask them for something simple like office supplies or more semi-functioning RFs or RF batteries so we can WORK, it'll be months before you get it if you get it at all. The co-workers and management talk a good game about caring for their co-workers, but I have never felt more alienated in my entire life. Also, the co-workers and management will bully you for feeling this way. The management seems to take pride in making every employee jump through hoops with their "constant improvement" aka whining. If they don't get what they want, they throw a temper tantrum like a 5 year old when you take away his ice cream. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet management's lofty demands. It feels almost like prison. If you don't do what is expected of you the way they want it done when they want it done, you get written up, even if you have no control over it and they make it harder to do. The most enjoyable part
  more... of the job is well, quite frankly, not there. What I learned was how to respect and care for my management and co-workers, even though they don't reciprocate most of the time.  less
Pros
pay, too many work clothes
Cons
overbearing management, lack of coordinated teamwork, morale
Poor wages, no room for advancement, unappreciated work.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORNovember 5, 2018
Started out as such a great place to work, but lately it's hard to find reasons to stay. This has become very apparent, as there are consistently 8+ job openings at any given time that can't be filled. The turnover rate is incredibly high. Once people start and see the type of work they have to perform for a minimal amount of money, they don't show up the next day. The wages were just recently increased, but are still not enough to compete with the current job market or growing cost of living. You can work at a fast food place for the same starting wage. They do offer benefits and PTO, as well as holidays...which I know is hard to come by. However, this job is high risk, requires months of training, and is monitored by the FDA. It's not simple work by any means. Raises are minimal, and based off a really poor judgement system. I've actually been told by a manager, they are not allowed to give a perfect review, even if it's deserved. There are people there who have been there 10+ years, making only a couple bucks more than new hires.

There is absolutely NO room for career advancement, as they pride themselves on. Unless of course, you win the popularity contest. Talent, tenure, drive and knowledge have no effect on being able to advance. They will hire someone from the outside, for an entry level position, who will need much training to know the entire process, simply because they have a Master's degree(which is not required for the position).

Many supervisors(not all), managers and leads are incredibly unprofessional and have been caught on numerous occasions talking
  more... badly about employees, or about employees personal situations. Nothing ever really seems to be done when these incidents are reported. Many of the people promoted to these manager positions have absolutely no experience or knowledge of how to manage, let alone how to speak to employees with respect and understanding. As stated before, it is a huge popularity contest! Also, none of the management is in sync, so you are constantly getting conflicting information.

It's not all terrible. There are decent benefits, as well as the PTO and sick time. They do try to encourage moral by bringing lunch once a month, as well as treats for birthdays. The people on the production floor though, that is the REAL highlight of the job. They are the only thing that makes the days bearable. You really do become like a family. The hours are nice as well, but there is no flexibility of schedule. Sometimes it seems as if they expect your family to come second to their monthly goals.

Sure, there are a lot of worse places to work, with harsher environments, but I think it only fair to warn future employees of the Medline "culture", which can be very toxic and it definitely wears on you.
Pros
Monthly catered lunch, some great co-workers, Pto, sick time, benefits
Cons
No career advancement, favoritism, poor management, low wages, unprofessional behavior by higher ups

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medline Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight