Medline Industries Employee Reviews

If you want to work hard and get paid close to minimum wage this is the job for you.
Forklift driver/ picker/ material handler (Current Employee) –  Mundelein IllinoisAugust 16, 2018
When you start working at Medline you have to go through a temp agency. They tell you after 90 days you can get hired but the average wait time is a year to a year-and-a-half. Through the temp agency you get paid $16 an hour but through the company you get paid $13.50 an hour. I was hired as a forklift driver but was told to do another job that didn't require me to drive a forklift. Then the leads don't want to teach you everything because they feel like you would take there job. If you like to be over worked and under paid. Merline is for you.
Pros
Good benefits monthly bonuses
Cons
Short breaks, hard labor, fast pace, lack of training
It was a job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 15, 2018
When I was there the manager did not know anything about the job. Hours were long because employees would not work fast (incentive based job). Monday through Friday.
Pros
Monday through Friday
High Turn around rate
Healthcare manager (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILAugust 13, 2018
Medline has great perks and makes you feel at home when you are in training, after that is when it goes downhill. Managemet has favorites and they will do anything to keep them while if your not part of the managments plan then you will be eliminated by any means possible, I've seen people praqised one day throufgh email communication saying they did an excellent job to be let go the next day.
This is only for the mundelien location i can speak for. I also was not terminated so this is coming from somone who is looking out for other people who may want to apply
Pros
perks
Cons
poor managment
Good people, poor management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 13, 2018
They will fire you if you take the mandatory breaks they provide, Once they give you a raise, they will possibly fire you, thats what happened to me when i started.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
management is always breathing down your neck.
Medline review
Receiving Clerk/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAAugust 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Medline I felt like they really care about there employees. They did a lot for us and we work hard as well. We got bonus every month on our work production. We had employee of the month to recognize people for there hard work. We had employee appreciation week they would get food catered for the whole week. and that Saturday we would have a company outing. Management would do what ever you need them to do to help you get your job done. We had voice recognition that help us pick hands free.The hardest part was the hours was long sometimes you work more then 12 hours when work was very busy.
medline
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAAugust 9, 2018
medline is a great company to work for with competitive pay and great benefits. they do work 12 hour shifts but you do get days in a row off. overtime is usually available
Productive mission-driven organization that also has fun
HRIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILAugust 9, 2018
Medline offers training and development classes, as well as benefits that make employees feel happy and secure. While work may seem competitive at times, co-workers are friendly and willing to help when needed.
Pros
Great cafeteria and on-site gym
Cons
Short breaks
Enviroment
SPT Warehouse Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 5, 2018
working for meddling had its up and downs. i learned a lot and was really patient with the work pace. sadly hours were cut short and there was no overtime.
Picker and Loader (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILAugust 4, 2018
Medline is a great place to work. The company truly cares for its employees. They are always willing to help improve you skills which is quite important.
Supply Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
Medline is great, the hours are great if you have a family or plan to gomto school. Human resource does an amazing job in helping in any way they can.
Pros
Great schedule, great hours.
Cons
We take lunch far too late, lack of communication.
great job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 30, 2018
i loved this job great pay plenty of overtime offered. i had health issues and was unable to stay i have no cons personally but if you dont like working overtime it might not be for you
Pros
good pay
Not a place to retire
Driver (Former Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDJuly 29, 2018
Medtrans manager has lack of management...one of the supervisor would be nice to your face then stab you in the back....second supervisor was very kind and caring she would do anything to help... Rules only apply to certain people to fit the situation. Think medline needs to replace manager n supervisor and get someone in there to do the job right..
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Short hours n lack of respect.
This place did have a pool table in the lunch room. At the end of your shift, you didn't have to clean up, they had somebody do that for you.
Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNJuly 27, 2018
This place was nice to work at. They have their stuff together here. They also had a small freezer of tv dinners or personal pizzas if you forgot your lunch, so you wouldn't go hungry, that's cool! It was nice also to work at a place where you didn't have to left such heavy items.
Pros
Liked they provided freezer of TV dinners and personal pizzas if you forgot your lunch.
Cons
Alot of walking on cement.
excellent place to work
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 27, 2018
Right from the beginning they take care of you, starting pay is good and you get a raise every six months for the first two years after that it is yearly!
Pros
Great pay, benifits, and bonuses
Cons
a couple of the routs go to some bad areas!
Three Pillars
Warehouse Operations (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYJuly 26, 2018
Working here has been great and being able to do what we do every day to better peoples lives is even better. Supplying hospitals, nursing homes, dental offices ect is different because the product all needs to go out before you can leave for the day. So overtime is pretty much a daily thing but you will be told this in the interview. Our Handheld device tracks the work you do and gives you a percentage at the beginning of the next day. Based on quality, performance, safety and attendance you can get a bonus of 500.00 or more! Perfect attendance showing up to work on time can make you 100.00 or 1200.00 for the year. If you take pride in your work and want to feel successful at the end of every day and are like me you won’t ever work a day in your life at Medline. Times are stressful at times though. Call ins hot/cold weather large orders can cause more overtime but if you don’t like overtime then it’s probably not for you. Medline strives on team work performance quality and attendance and with all these factors in place we will continue to grow and never have to worry about a layoff.

A few other perks
Free lunch/snacks frequently
401k
Discounts on over 550,000 items
Travel team - “OST” helping new branches across the country.
Referall bonus 2000.00 dollars
Family owned business
Pros
Job security
Cons
Gossip
productive
ORDER PICKER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2018
I get to my job on time pick up my duty's for the day as long as you do your job and comply with there rules , they let you work in peace , you talk to your passing coworkers and if you have an issue you can always go to your manager.
Pros
they bring food for lunch some times
over work employees, no set schedule
Shipper/Packer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2018
I love what I did but management was horrible. They kept changing people's schedules all the time because they are not organized enough. They are under staffed because people kept on quitting.
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northfield, ILJuly 23, 2018
There is NO work/life balance. There is not flexible work schedule and taking a day off is almost impossible Management is out of control. .
Pros
Some Job Security
Cons
No work life balance
Great work environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJuly 22, 2018
Entering billing information for patients/billing insurances.
I learned how insurances were billed and what all they required to be billed. How to handle phone calls to upset customers and to best attempt to keep them happy.
Management was extremely helpful when you needed it.
Your co workers were wonderful and around to help if the supervisor was in a meeting.
The hardest part was being thrown into a new insurance and not being fully trained on how to enter the claims.
The most enjoyable part was when you were assigned insurances you knew, you could just work through them quickly. The phone calls were also an enjoyable part for me. I loved being able to help a patient figure out why they were being billed.
Pros
Random appreciation days, fantastic people to work with and for.
Cons
limited number of days we can have off.
All new management
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartland, WIJuly 19, 2018
The management has changed entirely back in January and the new people will not listen to the people. This facility is a sinking ship. The new management thinks it is their way or no way. I was putting in over 12 hours a day five days a week and then working Saturdays, all salary, no work/life balance. This was expected and never thanked. All the new management cares about is how the numbers look and there are so many issues that they can't fix. They have pushed out the old management and fired people untruthfully. Nobody works as a team here. Nobody will help anyone else.
Pros
Great hourly people
Cons
Management has no clue

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medline Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight