MedMen Employee Reviews

No room for advancement
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2019
MedMen makes a lot of promises but simply does not have the proper positions in place or structure in the company to uphold them. While the people you work with on a day to day are great, many have quit or been fired out of frustration and lack of organization and structure. Most people do not receive raises, and the company rarely promotes from within as opposed to just hiring from the high ups previous coworkers. The company looks great from the outside but internally is a struggle.
Pros
Great co-workers, free snacks, 20 min weekly massages
Cons
Minimal structure, still very much so in start up phase
Favoritism is a key factor
Cultivation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mustang Branch Sparks NVMarch 5, 2019
The company seems great at first but the minute you disagree with your department lead or management you're out of the loop. The trim departments allows disrespect, and no problem salving, If you're not a kiss butt to the bosses your pretty much set up for failure and will not be givin an opportunity for advancement. The company goes against their own code of conducts and does not protect our veterans from HIPPA laws. Their is lots of conflict of interest within. I believe the company has potential but management is poor and nothing gets handled according to their own policy. Also they are racist at the Mustang Faculty, if not then please explain why within one month three contracted Native American associates got fired? Thier excuse was they weren't a good fit for the company and also another Native American person was excluded from the company Christmas party. I question the integrity of the managers at the mustang facility.
Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Easy work and m-f schedule
Cons
Poor management and no problem salving
Typical public company shenanigans
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 1, 2019
Watch out, the leadership is awful, no one really works, they just find ways to get their friends or insiders a job there. Don’t bother if you are an outsider. They lie to your face. No consistency in management. Leadership is way too young and way too rich. Don’t get fooled, you’re making him and his team rich.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
From the top down they are false.
Positive space yet still corporate
Budtender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Honestly, Medmen is a super chill place to work. Lot's of perks with being a budtender for them. You get invited to budtender events and get to socialize with other budtenders, you get educated on new products, strains etc, and you get discounts on products.

The management was a bit juvenile and behind the scenes, it was a bit messy. I was frustrated with the fact that I had to constantly take charge because it was TOO chill of an environment. People would be in restricted areas when they shouldn't be, others would be distracted and unprofessional, but other than that, it was a good work environment and many of the coworkers are super nice.

Generally lots of opportunities to work overtime and take shifts. Or people to take yours if needed. Discounts were wonderful. Overall a pretty good job :)
Pros
discounts on product, nice coworkers, laid back atmosphere
Cons
alright management, sometimes unprofessional environment
An exciting and rewarding place to be
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 24, 2019
Great perks, approachable leadership, a company with laser focused vision, and the enthusiasm in the building is palpable. Grateful to be part of a company that's changing history!
Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2019
The company is continuing to grow and is having a huge impact in making marijuana mainstream. If you want to be part of history, this is the place to be long term. But also know that you need to be comfortable and have a thick skin...and I'm not talking within the company, but outside the company. This industry is highly competitive. It feels like there's an effort out there to paint the company in a negative light and to turn the court of public opinion against MedMen. My best tip is to do your own homework and think critically instead of relying on folks who are just speculating or are disgruntled. Outside the company, there's still the stigma. I've had folks within my professional network who questioned my career choice after leaving a highly respected organization. A thick skin is 100% necessary to stay above all that and make the most informed decision you can about working here or any company within this new industry. If this is your first job outside of college or if you're risk averse, I don't think this is a good fit unless you have some real experience at another startup or major company. The expectations are high and the pressure is on, internally and externally. With that said, I love what we've accomplished and where we're heading next. My co-workers have been great.
Pros
No healthcare premimum, discounts, stock options
Cons
Shuttle between offices take too much time, no retirement plan (401K)
Very disjointed and dysfunctional organization
National Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 11, 2019
More of a culture than a business. Rules are not followed or are non-existent in what is supposed to be a heavily regulated business. Most executives lack the experience, acumen or maturity to get the mission accomplished. One hand does not know what the other is doing.
Do yourself a favor and don't work here
Budtender (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Company has potential, but will 100% crumble under current management. Company does not care at all about its employees. Even on just a safety level.... no measurements are taken to make employees feel safe. Corporate people will come in to shop and not even look at sales people. EXTREME favoritism - you will never move up in this company unless you "hangout" with the right people. Hopefully this company restructures and starts paying attention to their employees. Do yourself a favor, and don't work here. Might seem good at first, but everyone leaves eventually. Don't even waste your time.
Poor leadership. Horrible communication. Favoritism.
Dispensary associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 2, 2019
Poor training materials. Long days: 45 minute required lunches. Poor teamwork. Bad attitudes. Uncomfortable work environment with no support just fear.
Pros
Union
Cons
Long work days, poor teamwork, no communication
This place is a nightmare
Cultivator (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 31, 2019
Security guard should be in therapy or behind bars for his unnecessary and excessive aggression. He made me feel scared and uncomfortable in the work place and no one should be made to feel that way especially by the person hired to enforce safety. It is completely unprofessional and unacceptable. No communication amongst management. No civility among employees. No direction or proper guidance.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
Cons
Too many to list
Could be good but they ruin it
Associate aka: I did everything (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJanuary 22, 2019
MM is a mess. They are the definition of corporate nepotism and greed and they do not treat their employees well. They have a mass hire/mass fire mentality leading to a ridiculously high turnover rate and employees who don't really know what they're doing because who knows how long they'll last. It sucks, because the job itself is great: you hang out with people who like weed all day and talk to a bunch of people who are really excited a place like this exists...but unfortunately the management and culture made it an absolute chore to go to work. I started the job showing up early every day, ended the job calling in sick as often as possible to use up my sick hours while looking elsewhere.

also SEXISM AND GENDER BIAS ARE RAMPANT.
Pros
Employee Discount, I still talk to my old coworkers
Cons
Management, corporate culture, you make minimum wage while the CEO gets a mult-million dollar house and crashes the stock
Great job, rude management
Budtender (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJanuary 20, 2019
All I can say is if you work here prepare yourself for days filled with employees who gossip about how bad the job is. Management changing sales goals daily and being on your back about it. No room for advancement. Great discounts are all you are looking at. Fun job it seems like the company gives free swag instead of an increase in pay. Worst job I have ever had.
You've got to be high to want to work here.
Everything and nothing at the same time. (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 14, 2019
If you know anything about Cannabis, this company will drive you insane. The decisions being made by all tiers of management are the worst. They keep creating positions and hiring people who know absolutely nothing about maintaining Cannabis.

It seems as though the more inexperienced you are, the higher you land on the totem pole. I have watched most of the people who "call the shots" get trained and told what to do by the employees instead of the other way around. What makes things worse is the decisions being made are the opposite of what should be done.

This company looks down on anyone with hands-on experience and actual knowledge pertaining to Cannabis, yet they want a piece of the pie. All they care about is degrees and book smarts, yet they can't seem to figure out while the product they produce is constantly sub-par and riddled with issues such as mold and powdered mildew. The company seems to run on the theory of "fake it until you make it."

If you have any dignity or self worth - RUN! This company is already hated by the general population, those in the industry and even more by those who have actually worked for them. Nothing they do makes any sense - almost light working in the Twilight Zone. Just run and don't look back.

MedMen constantly treats their employees like garbage and it is blatantly obvious that it is simply a money grab for those at the very top. No morals. No soul. Just arrogance and ignorance through and through.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Low salaries, no advancement opportunities, management is completely clueless from the very top down
Exciting industry to be in, company is still learning and growing
Director of Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 24, 2018
Definitely the time to be in the cannabis industry. It's a VERY fast-paced company with no boundaries and still lacks a lot of organization. Compensation is good but they need more organized management.
Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2018
As a brand ambassador for MedMen my job was to go out and spread brand awareness on the street or at event, I was a lead of a team of 8 people on the field marketing team. I was also in charge of research and development for recurring and possible sponsored events. Very good job with very poor management. Expect to seldom know what's expected and for an extreme lack in communication.
Disappointed
Employee (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2018
I was extremely excited to join the Cannabis Industry. Sadly, this company makes a LOT of stupid decisions. They also break labor laws left and right and don't pay anyone close to what they should be making for the work they're doing. I love the people I work with (well, most of them), but the company sucks out your soul. There is zero work/life balance, regardless of your position. The discount is okay, but not great since the weed is so crazy over-priced. Theyre so caught up with being an Apple Store that they don't take time for the things that matter, like associates.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Worst Work Environment
Operations/Hospitality Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2018
MedMen doesn’t care about their workers. They have a district manager that doesn’t manage store except tell the card holders in the wrong place.Sucks.
Pros
Learning about cannabis laws and Industry
Cons
District Manager, work environment, no paid time off or holidays
super poor communication
CoManager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2018
I went through three interviews in very quick time. It was a mass hiring event. Then nothing happened. No communication. I was interviewing for the step below store manager. Then there was a mass email sent out on accident. After no one heard back from the company people starting emailing on this giant email chain and none of them had heard anything either. Poor management and horrible communication skills.
Pros
Cons
poor communication
Poor management
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 20, 2018
I left this well paying security job because of poor management. The job became a hostile environment. As one of the longest original NY security employees I can honestly say this job only got worse because of poor management. At my first and last review I was basically berated with negativity as my then manager read things off a piece of paper. As I've said before, poor management. I left that day and am still waiting for two months to get paid out. HR seems to be another problem. They never seem to have any answers.
Pros
Some good people.
Cons
West coast is out of touch. Threats
lacks integrity and awareness
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  New York StateNovember 17, 2018
The Top leaders in MedMen are clueless and still advance in their carriers if they are close to one of the founders. They prioritize all of the wrong things and use very shady business practices. They will pin employees against one another just for entertainment. If you don't do their dirty work you won't last long there. Lots of financial mistakes, wasting money and violating many HR and labor laws.

I do not recommend working for them. They are a scam in every way possible.
Pros
New Industry
Cons
Terrible top management, no holidays, not a safe environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedMen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6