MedMen Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A lot of work for little pay and benefits
Cultivator (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAJuly 6, 2018
While each day may present itself with a new challenge or task that enables you to learn a fair amount, the work you have to do doesn't always match the job description. (Low Pay)
The upper management and corporate never seem to be on the same page with the facility.
There was no training before starting the job and a company email was never issued, so there was no way to contact HR and payroll or access the training documents.
The local team of people were enjoyable to work with except for the majority of security staff, who were too busy watching youtube videos or hiding to open the door for you.
There were also no holidays or days where I received overtime for working on any holiday while I worked there.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with a good team and learn together.
The hardest part of the job would be the when upper management comes in, always by surprise, and throws a wrench in your plans for the day because they have no idea whats going on at the facility.
Pros
periodic breaks make the day seem to go by fast
Cons
very poor communication between corp. and the facility
Temp Job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2018
Loved the company & its Mission & Motto. This temp job with great training before. I was company and product knowledgable before hitting the sales floor. Felt confident
Growing Company
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 27, 2018
This company is expanding more and more and there is always room for promotions as long as you work hard and do your job right. Fast pace in the stores but if you work with packaging or trimming your days are pretty chill.
Workday
Budtender/Processor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 29, 2018
My work was a consistent routine of handling products we carried into social networking platforms such as weedmaps, MMS. Also handling audits and inventory. Checking that each products proper SKU and pricing, for customer satisfaction. Though even the work was amazing with the lack of strong management skills and corporate lacking proper professional communication and teamwork skills to work with their chain stores. All together you will learn a lot here and gain a lot more in skill than you will with money.
Pros
Paid off, breaks.
Cons
management, corporate communication skills lacking
Fast Paced, Fun and exciting
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone who is open-minded and supports the fast-growing industry. The person would be working under constant pressure. the culture is very good.
Pros
learn new things everyday.
Cons
unpredictability.
Great environment, management needs work
Coltivator/Post harvest tech (Current Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAJuly 21, 2017
The company is great, in fact I enjoy every aspect of it, on the outside. However on the inside the managerial staff is extremely lacking in knowledge and in direction.
I could go on in very great length but I prefer not to rant
Great place to learn and grow
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2017
MedMen is actively mainstreaming marijuana on a global level. Be it in the retail or corporate area, It is a fun and fast paced place to work and learn in a fun environment with a supportive staff behind you. I am very happy with my decision to come onboard with MedMen and look forward to growing with this incredible company.
Pros
Room for advancement, Tons of benefits, Paid time off
Cons
parking
I work here now, never want to leave
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAMay 3, 2017
Ignore disgruntled ex-employee reviews. I currently work here and truly love my job. I get excited to come to work in the morning and I feel inspired to go above and beyond my responsibilities on a day to day basis.
Pros
Multiple breaks, employee discount, benefits, progressive work environment
Cons
Someone gets too liberal with the air conditioning.
Get What You Give
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMay 3, 2017
MedMen fosters an environment where positivity and a can-do attitude will actually open all of the doors. The company growth is rapid, but organic; driven by the needs of those who hold the company vision, goals, and staff's best interests at heart.

It's important to understand and embrace MedMen's mission to Mainstream Marijuana, and erase the stigmas surrounding many cannabis products. There can be a lot of trial and error with a growing industry, making it even more important to act carefully and thoughtfully.

Departments work closely with each other and are encouraged to maximize efficiencies. It's great to be surrounded by people who develop new ways to work smarter at all levels.
Pros
Opportunity, Industry Growth, Ability to Work Across Departments
Cons
Learning curve
Simply the best Cannabis Company
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2017
Very exciting play to work at a very exciting time. I love working here and love the fast paced culture and environment. I feel like I am always learning something new from my managers. Better then an education and an awesome culture.
Pros
Fast, exciting, get to see projects happen.
Great People
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Nice people Interesting job. Learned alot. Variety in job responsibilites. Managed staff and set up new procedures.
Assisted owners with their start up company.
Pros
Great People, interesting job
Cons
no job security, no benefits