Mednax Employee Reviews

Horrible Company and work environment
Medical Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27616February 17, 2019
Words cannot explain how bad this place was, do yourself a favor and skip this company.

Hostile work environment, favoritism, constant stress and work pressure.

Just avoid this company if you can.
Combative Bullying Unprofessional
EA (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Bully extroidinare on board. Made me not want to perform to my usual standards. Once it affected my performance that's when I knew I had to go. Little did I know there were several before me that also left for the same reason. Why they put up with that behavior is beyond me.
Pros
Cons
No words
policies over people
MEDICAL COLLECTIONS ADMIN II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 7, 2019
They operate from a base of fear. Too much training. They do not want experience or people who think, just do it their way.

Management unprofessional.
Grateful for the opportunity
Director of Technical Application Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 6, 2019
Mednax provides those individuals who work hard the opportunity to grow and learn a great deal. The organization has been through many changes and it continues to focus on the patient first mission.
Constant manipulation of the schedule and work environment.
CRNA (Current Employee) –  VAFebruary 2, 2019
Staffing has become worse every year and 2019 looks no different. In fact they are doubling their efforts to deliberately function with reduced staffing through better staffing "efficiency" and "utilization," which really means you'll be working a lot more for no additional pay. They're determined not to spend money on you even though the package cuts are the reason everybody left. What they do invest in are ads for their image, consulting companies, and technology designed to make you work more. All of it directed at solving their financial problems and nothing clinically unless it involves reimbursement or their image. They'll smile and wave the whole time though. New hires beware. It will only get worse from the day you arrive. I’m leaving.
Pros
Will vary by location but there are very few if any.
Cons
Constant manipulation leading to an ever changing schedule and work environment.
Poor management. Disorganized, Hypocritical, No opportunities for professional growth.
Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 1, 2019
Poor management. The management has unprofessional issues with other departments within the company, which make it hard on the department itself. No work life balance, micromanagement is common. No real training and rude management.
Expected to "problem solve" but not given authority to make decisions on basic things within the scope of my practice.
Expected to make yourself available on days off, cancel prior obligations, if the manager made a scheduling mistake, rather than the manger sucking it up and fixing it herself.
There is no room for human error. The lacks the professional respect and demeanor.
It's a look the other way organization.
Pros
Lots of employee with good work ethic. Good team work.
Cons
Poor management. The lacks the professional respect and demeanor.
Incompetent Middle Management
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 26, 2019
Requirements to be in management are 1) be part of incompetent click and 2) been there longer than the rest. Absolutely no regard for management capability or work knowledge.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Workplace harassment; clicks; favoritism; incompetent middle managers
Awesome Part-Time Work, but UNPREDICTABLE days
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2019
Working for Mednax was a fairly positive experience for me. The hiring process took between 2-3 months so prepare yourself for that. There is a lot to learn, but once you learn it through your training you will be fine. I had this job while I was working another full-time job which worked great for me. However, this is not a job that you can have alone & fully support yourself /cover all your bills.
A normal day consisted of me getting paper work together for the newborn hearing screens that I needed to perform, then performing the screens/explaining the process to the mother/patient, and finally faxing/charting/entering all of the results in the computer system at the end of my shift.
The great thing about this job is that you can work at your own pace. You don’t have a manager or anyone watching you while you work & it’s fairly repetitive so your job duties will rarely change. The worst thing about this job is how unpredictable it is. Since your position depends on how many newborns are born a day, there are some days will you will only have 5 newborns to screen while there are other days where you might have 15. (1 screen usually takes 15-45minutes). This can be bad if you are trying to get a certain amount of hours for the week. Also, when there are a lot of babies to screen, it can be VERY exhasting (you will be on your feet all day) and time consuming, but you are expected to complete them all no matter what. Because of this, you never know in advance when your shift will end. It all depends on how many screens are needed to be completed for the day.
So overall,
  more... this is a good part-time job especially if you are looking to gain more hospital experience, just be aware of the unpredictable days.  less
Pros
Flexible, Cafeteria discount, Fairly easy, Working with newborns, Good pay
Cons
Unpredictable work load, Long training, No set endtime, Expensive scrubs, No benefits
weird management
IT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 24, 2019
new offices integration planning, hardware and software preparation and support
• Security and distribution groups’ administration. GPOs configuration.
• Design and implementation of statistical reports and analysis of network performance
• Remote and in person 2nd level user’s support
• Desktops and laptops imaging, applications and patches deployment via Landesk
• Backup and restore of data using Symantec Backup Exec.
Cons
extremely strict and stressful environment
Difficult work environment and horrific management
Coder (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJanuary 21, 2019
This company is the worst run and most difficult to work for... The employees are not very well appreciated.

The management threatens the employees with verbals and write ups if the employees make any human errors. (In other words, there is no room for human error and one is ostracized for making those errors.) This lacks the professional respect, decorum, and demeanor.

This also creates a terrible professional image. This company tries to put on a face by showing heart, but in reality; this is the terrible image that they truly display....

The work environment is very threatening and completely disheartening...

The company really deserves a restructuring of their CBOs in technical terms and a managerial restructuring to progress them in the direction that Mednax would dream of going....
Pros
Compensaton
Cons
Management, work environment, work culture
Director who micromanaged
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 5, 2019
When our department old director left, the entire department left when the new director came on board.Founation was racist, controlling, she even told me to recite back to her what she told me. She harasses the employees, she needed to account for every minute of every second of the day. She is condescending and zero flexibility. They refused to pay me for a higher paying position that was vacant.
Benefits
Cons
No work life balance, micromanaged, more no for less pay
Terrible culture, no room for growth, no employee support
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 1, 2019
- Most of those in upper management have been in those roles for 10 + years. This has led to a "what I say goes" mentality. Current management does not care for employees or their wellbeing. The company has employees with great potential, however, poor management is enough them to drive their motivation and ethics out. Mednax will see great improvement the moment they introduce new management. Individuals with a different way of thinking - open, flexible, reasonable, and understanding.
- Needs to focus on improving the work environment and employee morale.
- The "cafeteria" is also used as a conference/presentation room. It ruins lunch for the rest of us.
Pros
Makes work/life balance somewhat possible
Cons
Poor management
management
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 1, 2019
management was very unprofessional, he didnt know what he was doing. i didn't like working with the manager. unprofessional. please u don't know. don't know don't know. manager didn't know the job.
Poor management; very unprofessional
Collections Administrator, II (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 24, 2018
Was terminated due to poor job performance however workload was way too high for one person & when asked for help nothing was done until it was too late; poor management within the department; Systems failed frequently & IT or the helpdesk was never helpful; HR was out of state so it was hard to report issues within the company plus HR would never contact you back after reaching out; Ridiculous hours of overtime was expected & mandated weekly; Management showed favoritism; Company doesn't care about their employees or their families; Bonus disbursements was not fair or at times was up to manager's discretion but was required to contribute towards the bonus; Will receive an occurrence when you can't make it in during inclement weather & also if you get sick.....
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Poor management; benefits not so great; Productivity
Uncaring
Screener/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 17, 2018
Your experience with the company relies mostly on the Hospital assigned and the Hospital staff.

Job requires you to be on call.
Expect to work weekends and Holidays.

Expect to work if another colleague can't work, or doesn't want to work. Worked 21 days in a row, without a day off.

No benefits unless you are full time; No paid sick days, no paid holidays.
Pros
No manager on site, manage self
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Frequent interruptions, No appreciation of job well done
The worse place I have ever worked
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2018
I worked there very very briefly and I was hired as a “Medical Biller” and spent most of my time in a file room and doing grunt work. Coworkers were rude and not helpful at all. I was there 2 1/2 weeks with no access to the systems and had to deal with IT on my own with very little to no help from anyone. I spent most of my time in a file room where one particular day I was in there 5 hrs straight and no one even checked on me. Then I was humiliated in a meeting, thanks to my trainer, by a physician in the office who had seen me in the office and the file rooms and all she could say was I wondered who she was and apparently everyone thought that was funny. I have been in medical billing for 18 yrs and this by far was the worse place ever. My “trainer” spent maybe 10 minutes total with me training and when I would ask questions, new system for me, she would just say go here here and here...... seriously!!!! I don’t even know how you got to here let alone here and here. I had never been made to feel more stupid in all my life. I turned down another job to go here and that was the biggest mistake of my life. I would NEVER suggest anyone work here.
Pros
Good Benefits, Time off and Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, No real training and Rude Co-Workers
Good for what it was
Telecommunications Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 3, 2018
There were a few management problems when i used to work here but all those problems are gone. Too bad i didn't stay enough to see the changes. I heard it is a better place to work now.
Not the best
Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 28, 2018
Families are great but the company needs work. They aren’t the best with their employees. There’s no room for growth and no full time. They play favorites you have to know someone higher up to accomplish anything
Pros
Working with the babies
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyed the Work, Hated the Management
Part Time Casual Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 19, 2018
Repeated incidences of being unable to care for patients due to lack of resources despite timely notification to management of the need for resources. Expected to "problem solve" but not given authority to make decisions on things like basic inventory maintenance, or caring for clients in innovative ways within the scope of my practice. Expected to meet nearly unreasonable quotas yet denied or ignored when requesting opportunities for personal growth. Broken promises: told at time of job offer that work schedules would be put out 2 weeks ahead of time, yet consistently weren't posted until 48 to 72 hours prior to next shift. Expected to make myself available on my off days, cancel prior obligations, if the manager made a scheduling mistake, rather than the manger sucking it up and fixing it herself. Was told at time of job offer there would be quarterly team meetings, and there was only 1 team meeting in the year that I worked there. Was told to submit time off requests at least 2 weeks in advance; I submitted 30+ days in advance (would request 1 day out of the month) and still was generally brushed off. Human Resources is useless because the employee handbook is vague in MANY areas, leaving room for management to interpret the policies in their personal favor. Management showed consistent lack of empathy for select staff, even asked me on my first week while still in training, to cover her favorite subordinate's shift due to that person's personal issues, yet when others have personal issues we are told to figure it out for ourselves. This line of work is a great start for  more... experience, but not the place to stay for a career. In the year I was there, there was turnover of leadership almost every other month--not a good sign.

The best part of this job: working with babies and their families to ensure the babies have a good head start in life. My day may be anywhere between 1 hour and 10 hours long, depending if there was 1 baby or 14 babies to screen that day--your day is done when you finish the last baby. If there is only 1 baby and you finish everything in under 2 hours, you still get paid as if it were a 2 hour day. If you're extremely flexible with your time, and you don't mind being extremely disconnected from corporate, you may enjoy this job.
Pros
Laid back, very little micromanaging, annual performance reviews are OK, working hours are based on workload
Cons
Disorganized, Hypocritical, No opportunities for professional growth
Needs Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 16, 2018
Hopefully the new CFO will set this place on a correction course and let go of multiple executives who have been reining it in for years. Lots of unproductive, unprofessional employees that need to be let go before the company can think about changing direction.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No standard processes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mednax. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mednax.

Powered by Comparably