Mednax Employee Reviews

I love mednax
Team Lead/Collector Admin II/AR (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Mednax is a great company to work for I would recommend any person the apply and if you get on stay. very nice and clean some drama but not to much I loved it there
Poor Management, if your looking to advance it's all about if they like you.
na (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 30, 2018
Hostility, bullying by upper management is tolerated. Reporting does not effect change of behavior. Little to no praise for a job well done. Abuse exempt employees by working long hours so no to have to pay over time.

The people at mednax are great. I worked there for 5 years and loved the people I worked with. The issue is management don't often lead by example. If you have a difference in opinion from your manager or director you will be fired. If you want to advance your career and move to another department and you are not one of the liked people you will not get promoted or you will be fired. Good luck to those that are still there.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No sick days
Hostility by upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2018
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Work environment
Going Down in Flames
Provider Enrollment Associate II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 7, 2018
Low morale, bullying, significant disconnect between managers and their employees; management typically hasn't a clue what certain processes actually entail. They justify juvenile and hostile behavior. No organization or real guidance...just a flat out nightmare.
Pros
The employee benefits are pretty great!
Cons
Not family friendly, ignorant and intrusive management, asinine dress code, rampant jealousy and sabotage, colorism
Complicated hiring process for VERY part time work
HEARING SCREENER (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 7, 2018
First off, getting hired for this job took way too long. There were so many hoops that I had to jump through just to be able to train onsite. It took me 3 months from getting hired to being able to train. Second, there are no set hours. If you go in and there aren't any babies to screen then you get paid for 2 hours of work. You go and screen however many babies there are and then you are done for the day. It's an alright job if you need the hospital experience but this is not a job that will pay the bills. No benefits either.
Pros
hospital experience
Cons
no benefits, no hours, disorganized
Clueless Leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
Mednax is top heavy. Too many in leadership roles have been around too long. Culture is horrific and is not going to change. It's a look the other way organization. Physicians do as they please. High ranking staff run things how they want. A lot of talk but no action. Complete waste of time with this company. Get out before you become stuck, miserable and complacent to the point you offend your own ethics which will destroy your confidence and ambition to go elsewhere.
One big dysfunctional organization!
Pros
If you are lazy and willing to settle its great
Cons
Everything about the company
Loved it!
Audiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 1, 2018
I worked weekends part time work. Loved that they looked at my experience and were willing to train me. Loved working with the babies. Hoping to go back in the new area I live in.
Pros
The babies, relaxed environment, the pay, meeting the families, learning somthing new.
Cons
Finding it hard to get on with them in the new state I live in.
good place to work
HEARING SCREEN ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2018
Very busy daily work load. How to stay organized and plan out my work day, Management could use some people skills. They company is pretty laid back. Keeping on top of reporting can be a little stressful sometimes. Working indiviually
Pros
good pay good insurance
Cons
no where to move to
Toxic work environment
SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 18, 2018
Difficult to work there. Very toxic culture. Executives have mostly been with company for decades and know things need to change but not positioned to actually do so. Middle management very toxic and very little opportunity for advancement.
Work in progress
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed my tenor at Pediatrix Medical Group. Just like any other company there is office drama but management was full aware of what was going on. They prefer to advance from within before hiring an outsider which is always a pro. During my time there upper management started weeding out the weak managers and toxic coworkers. As long as you provided quality work and maintain a level of professionalism you were on the good list !
Pros
Advancement, bonuses, healthcare insurance, and opportunity to expand knowledge.
Cons
Had to work OT to pick up the slack of nonproductive coworkers during end of month deadlines.
Please don't
Rcm Registrar (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 9, 2018
Management horrible. Favoritism thrives
No training as new hire. Expect a lot but give little.
No growth. If u can better do so & don't go there. Honestly
Pros
Pay was decent. Bonuses lousy.
Cons
No continuing education. No growth. Management doesn't listen
Poor Management
Management (Former Employee) –  Corporate OfficeJuly 2, 2018
Mednax claims to have Core Values, but demonstrates the opposite, with the lack of support and direction by all levels of management.They only care about meeting #'s and don't care what it takes to obtain it. Mednax used to show a commitment to it's employees, but in the last few years, after they realized they were not providing the stockholders enough revenue as it was dropping, They started to cutback even more, not that they provided allot prior. The failure to provide any reconsecration and support to it's employees was truly evident and employees started to leave. The expectations were not obtainable for the staff and management to achieve, you were just expected to work harder with less support. If you were a new hire the training you would receive is minimal to none, and the lack of communication from the company sucks! I would not recommend Mednax to anyone who is looking for a Company that will support and provide you the opportunity for advancement unless you have worked with upper management as there is inside connection you need to belong too for you to be successful, if not you will have no chance for advancement. Choose a company who lives by TRUE CORE VALUES, not one who states them but doesn't live by them.
Pros
Pto
Cons
non support, no core values, lack of communication
overall rating
employee (Former Employee) –  AZJune 28, 2018
busy work days, never ending load of work, hardly any opportunities to grow, micromanagement, low pay, .... The hardest part of the job is to keep up with your load of work. Great medical benefits are the motivation.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Layoffs
Medical Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 23, 2018
In February 2018, was laid off after 17 and a half years with the company, due to restructuring and job title elimination. This all occurring two days before a major surgery. I was totally in shock. I felt like the company let us down by not giving us advance notice that we were being laid off and there are jobs were being eliminated. I later discovered that quite a few of the people that were eliminated were older adults late 50s into their 60s, this was not a random choosing for a layoff. I am thankful for all the skills that I learned at Mednax, as I have discovered as I seek new employment I am now very overqualified but with a good working background and knowledge of the medical billing collections area.
Pros
Flex Hours, Pto
Cons
Lack of communication, Laid off.
Worst place I've ever worked. IT related field
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 20, 2018
All management cares about are numbers, they see you as a number and treat you like a number. They are all talk about a close-knit group but this is farthest from the truth, don't fall for their promises, it sounds great in the beginning, especially bonuses, but expect to get little to nothing when it comes to promised compensation and bonuses, promises from working remotely at home, etc.
Cons
Worst employer I have ever had
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 19, 2018
This is the worst company to work for. They don't care about their employees, are very critical, and will get rid of you as fast as they hired you. They expect a lot of their employees and the work environment is very stressful.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Poor management and treats employees badly
Fast-paced Environment. High volume of work.
RCM National Provider Enrollment Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 14, 2018
Fast-paced Environment. High volume of work. Great team work and employees with great work ethic. Very stressful environment and not much employee recognition.
Pros
High Volume
Cons
Do not have competitive salaries
This is the worst job that I ever had.
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 14, 2018
I don't recommend that you work for this company. If you like to be abused then go ahead. I have never in my life worked for a worse company. The management is abusive to their employees and they have a click favoritism going on that make working for them a horrible experience.
Pros
None at all
Cons
The company and Managment
From Someone Who Knows
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 14, 2018
This company does not care for their employees. If you work for Mednax/Pediatrix you will be an easily replaceable number to them. Nothing more. Unless you are hired in as a senior level employee you will never live up to their standards or be good enough.

Like I said. Just a number.
Pros
work schedule, meeting new people, gaining work experience
Cons
cut throat, management/HR, uncaring, unloyal, slow hiring process
Competitive Chiefs with less Indians
Hospital Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 10, 2018
. Everyone wants a title, to be a title in the company and not really wanting to do the work. Pounding at the people to work harder and quick to point blame and not able to stand up as leaders.
Pros
Caring for Babies
Cons
Not caring for its workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mednax. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight