Mednax
57Below average
2.8

Mednax Employee Reviews

United States330 reviews
God awful management followed with inept employees. From an IT perspective, most employees do not know what their job is let alone how to do it. When you assign them work they try to pawn it off saying it's not their job. You have to waste time explaining why it is then most time show them how to do it.
Horrible, lying management - worst of all most know they are snakes. All seeing who can slither to the bottom the fastest. Worst company I've worked for in my career.
Pros
There is a payday
Cons
Management, management, management - IF that's what you call it!
The company has continued to decline every year that I worked there. They push back raises, lower 401k match, cancel bonuses. They don't appreciate the employees that they should. Management is unprofessional, gossips and shows favoritism. Awful corporate company atmosphere.
Pros
Competent, Caring Doctors
Cons
Under paid, high stress, negative environment
This place was a place for insecure, mentally ill ( not everyone was bad) and emotionally unstable phony people. Very toxic with cliques. I almost always hated going to any type of function. Some management definitely need leadership skills training. If you are accustomed to verbal abuse, mentally and emotionally unfit people then I’d say join in on the fun, you won’t be singled out.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Let me think about that it’s a lot
I would stay very far away from this organization. The leadership is not about doing the right thing, it's all about the money. If the leader of this division likes you then you are taken care of, if not you are treated horribly, given mediocre tasks, not communicated with, not involved in decision making or valued for the contribution you can actually provide the organization. There is NO focus on employee engagement and the current Market President is a tyrant. I would stay as far away as you possibly can from this place. There has been a lot of turn-over and corporate doesn't seem to care. They can talk a big game to get try and attract experienced leaders, but they can't keep them once they get into the role. I would be really care.
Pros
Cons
Alot- stay away
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
No support from the coordinator who by the way couldn't care less about the company. I was told that I do not qualify for sick time when in fact it's a law in Massachusetts. Coordinator doesn't care if there is staff or not to screen babies and often tells the nurses to send them home and have them make appointments with outside doctors. Staff personal files are on the desk and in unlocked drawers for everyone to look at. Hospital constantly complaining to Mednax about subpar work. Turnover in staff is astronomical and they hire just about anyone with no regard to integrity. It would be in the best interest of hospitals to reconsider hiring this company.
Pros
Working with the babies and meeting the new parents
Cons
Everything else.
Working for this company was the worst experience. I enjoyed screening the baby’s and speaking to the parents that’s just part of who I am. However management was horrible they always put a face of a friendly caring people, but behind it all if they didn’t like you they would try to make up accusations and hold you accountable! Unfortunately HR doesn’t seem to care what the truth is!
Pros
Schedule is amazing if you have children. But it can be unpredictable at times.
Cons
HR does nothing to help when someone is being accused of something. They don’t answer you
Management despises physicians and other front line workers - you do not have a voice in this company. Hospitals and healthcare systems are dropping their contracts with MEDNAX because of the outrageous fees the company charges. Benefits are being scrapped, physician office spaces are closing and everyone is being asked to take a 5-10% pay cut (regardless of the fact that pay is already at the 10% quartile). Staffing is razor thin, and there is an increasing exodus of employees as the company goes downhill. If you’re desperate for a job, this should be your last resort; if not, quickly look elsewhere for job stability.
No leadership. Just a mill. It is all about quantity not quality. No appreciation. Poorly run, no communication. Only looking out for Mednax, care nothing about employees or patients. Totally overbooked, patients wait for hours.
The company leadership has run Mednax into the ground. Dishonsty, secrecy, and deception is the rule. The MBA's run this company with its dishonest founder. During COVID-19 they are now asking the profitable and continually hard-working Neos and MFMs to cut salaries and donate money to the company due to the company anesthesia aquisition mistakes. Meanwhile, all the Neos and MFMs continue to work extra for free while the board and CEO short sell stock and give them selves massive bonuses. The company lost its way. Its MBA's are about $$ only, and in no way care about the true valuable leaders in the company, the physicians and nurse practitioners who are risking their lives daily during COVID-19 to take care of those precious moms and babies. Sell the company!!! Get out board!
Pros
Get to take care of moms and babies
Cons
being swindled to be part of this dishonest company
Some departments are good to work in while others are not. Benefits are dwindling for non-clinical positions where clinical positions are pampered. Job security is low and the future of the company is uncertain.
Fair work for fair pay, depending on the department. First department's management was HORRIBLE from the management to the staff. Confusion among the masses from customer, operations and internal departments. Every changing policies only certain employees enforced to follow, no room for growth and extremely low employee morale. Thankfully, transferred into another department where the culture was equal work life balance, sense of belonging and high priority for innovation.
Consistently busy and need to upgrade ticketing system. Compensation is decent but you will be tasked to do more than what your being paid for so be prepared.
I truly used to enjoy working at Mednax. We had a strong region and a strong group of leaders. We excelled at collections and meeting goals.

We then went public and we grew to fast. Along with the fast growth they continued to implement different programs and ideas instead of focusing on one thing at a time. They did NOT take the time to speak with the people actually doing to work to get insite.

They then started outsourcing to India for cheaper rates. The collections with them were awful. They did not know or understand what needed to be done for collections, but because they are so cheap the company felt that like were still making money.

They paid people coming in off of the street more than a dedicated worker that has been with them for many many years. They quickly went downhill. They did not care about the staff and or the management staff, yet us managers and our staff's were killing ourselves trying to get more work done with less people.

Mednax needs to know when they have a great group of people who had their best interest in mind and worked hard and diligently for them. They also need to step back and take a good look at where they are.
You have to be self motivated for this job, you learn to love the environment you work in .the best part about working at Mednax IS screening the baby.
The worst year of my life. Moved from another city to work for Mednax. Hired into a mess of a situation. Obviously used to be the buffer between the physician and Mednax management. Abused by both Mednax and physician. Went home in tears most nights. Position was terminated when physician retired. Transitioned to another department. Made to take a decrease in pay by 40%. Horrendous does not even begin to describe this experience. I get calls from lawyers asking to talk with me..I think Mednax has pending lawsuits from former employees.
Cons
Upper management riddled with cronyism. Human resources department retaliates against employees regardless of policy and sides with management. Would not recommend approaching HR with any issues.
I believe my treatment at mednax was very not fair in a lot of ways because of the personal demographics that they betrayed in their hiring process. Monex has to find a way to make sure that people in be loyal low with get treated more felley
the old Mednax/American Anesthesiology was the better company. New management came in and it became chaotic and was allowed to be so unprofessional. Great employee's were either pushed out or took early retirement. Now it's a revolving door.
Pros
good pay
Cons
smoke screens to get you hired then things go south.
The coordinators go out if thsir way to make sure that you as an employee knows that you're a valuable person to them and it makes working for them easier since they actually appreciate you as a human being.
No Morale. No trust. Management is terrible. No training. They pile so much work on you that you can’t complete what you are doing before they are asking you for something else. Of course this is because they keep laying people off that are needed.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mednax. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mednax.