Mednax Employee Reviews

Poor Management, if your looking to advance it's all about if they like you.
na (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 30, 2018
Hostility, bullying by upper management is tolerated. Reporting does not effect change of behavior. Little to no praise for a job well done. Abuse exempt employees by working long hours so no to have to pay over time.

The people at mednax are great. I worked there for 5 years and loved the people I worked with. The issue is management don't often lead by example. If you have a difference in opinion from your manager or director you will be fired. If you want to advance your career and move to another department and you are not one of the liked people you will not get promoted or you will be fired. Good luck to those that are still there.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No sick days
Poor management; very unprofessional
Collections Administrator, II (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 24, 2018
Was terminated due to poor job performance however workload was way too high for one person & when asked for help nothing was done until it was too late; poor management within the department; Systems failed frequently & IT or the helpdesk was never helpful; HR was out of state so it was hard to report issues within the company plus HR would never contact you back after reaching out; Ridiculous hours of overtime was expected & mandated weekly; Management showed favoritism; Company doesn't care about their employees or their families; Bonus disbursements was not fair or at times was up to manager's discretion but was required to contribute towards the bonus; Will receive an occurrence when you can't make it in during inclement weather & also if you get sick.....
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Poor management; benefits not so great; Productivity
Terrible culture, no room for growth, no employee support
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 1, 2019
- Most of those in upper management have been in those roles for 10 + years. This has led to a "what I say goes" mentality. Current management does not care for employees or their wellbeing. The company has employees with great potential, however, poor management is enough them to drive their motivation and ethics out. Mednax will see great improvement the moment they introduce new management. Individuals with a different way of thinking - open, flexible, reasonable, and understanding.
- Needs to focus on improving the work environment and employee morale.
- The "cafeteria" is also used as a conference/presentation room. It ruins lunch for the rest of us.
Pros
Makes work/life balance somewhat possible
Cons
Poor management
No Work Life Balance
Front End Billing (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2018
Have never had mandatory overtime in any of my previous jobs. And when it wasn't mandatory it was more of a "voluntold" instead of volunteer. You were made to feel guilty for trying to have a work life balance.

The staffing matrix was build for a perfect world where all staff is in every day and working at top performance for all 8 hours. It is a rare day when you are fully staffed and your staff is working at top performance the entire 8 hours.
Pros
OT was paid at time and a half, Benefits package was great
Cons
NO work life balance
Hostility by upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2018
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Work environment
Work in progress
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed my tenor at Pediatrix Medical Group. Just like any other company there is office drama but management was full aware of what was going on. They prefer to advance from within before hiring an outsider which is always a pro. During my time there upper management started weeding out the weak managers and toxic coworkers. As long as you provided quality work and maintain a level of professionalism you were on the good list !
Pros
Advancement, bonuses, healthcare insurance, and opportunity to expand knowledge.
Cons
Had to work OT to pick up the slack of nonproductive coworkers during end of month deadlines.
Poor Management
Management (Former Employee) –  Corporate OfficeJuly 2, 2018
Mednax claims to have Core Values, but demonstrates the opposite, with the lack of support and direction by all levels of management.They only care about meeting #'s and don't care what it takes to obtain it. Mednax used to show a commitment to it's employees, but in the last few years, after they realized they were not providing the stockholders enough revenue as it was dropping, They started to cutback even more, not that they provided allot prior. The failure to provide any reconsecration and support to it's employees was truly evident and employees started to leave. The expectations were not obtainable for the staff and management to achieve, you were just expected to work harder with less support. If you were a new hire the training you would receive is minimal to none, and the lack of communication from the company sucks! I would not recommend Mednax to anyone who is looking for a Company that will support and provide you the opportunity for advancement unless you have worked with upper management as there is inside connection you need to belong too for you to be successful, if not you will have no chance for advancement. Choose a company who lives by TRUE CORE VALUES, not one who states them but doesn't live by them.
Pros
Pto
Cons
non support, no core values, lack of communication
Lip Service
CRNA (Current Employee) –  KnoxvilleAugust 30, 2018
Company pays lip service to collaborative practice. Improving patient care. In truth, none of this filters to practice. Company exists to cherry pick profitable practices and skim off profits. Be wary if takeover target. You will soon have no voice in your practice and be subject to direction by those with little or no sense for the practice of anesthesia or how a group actually operates, day to day, in the trenches.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Clueless national management.
Provider Enrollment
Provider Enrollment Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 2, 2018
Great work/life Balance.
Pay not so great. hiring within you get cheated on pay increase. Most ppl leave and come back to ask for more money.

management has unprofessional issues with other departments within the company, which make it hard on the department itself.

lots of Petty people in management seats.
Pros
learn and go
Cons
pay
Going Down in Flames
Provider Enrollment Associate II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 7, 2018
Low morale, bullying, significant disconnect between managers and their employees; management typically hasn't a clue what certain processes actually entail. They justify juvenile and hostile behavior. No organization or real guidance...just a flat out nightmare.
Pros
The employee benefits are pretty great!
Cons
Not family friendly, ignorant and intrusive management, asinine dress code, rampant jealousy and sabotage, colorism
Toxic work environment
SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 18, 2018
Difficult to work there. Very toxic culture. Executives have mostly been with company for decades and know things need to change but not positioned to actually do so. Middle management very toxic and very little opportunity for advancement.
The company's culture is toxic, chaotic, and completely unstable.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLApril 17, 2018
During my time with Mednax there was constant change and lack of direction. Senior management makes hasty decisions with lack of regard of the outcome in mind. The company is only concerned with making money and could care less about how they do it. They have offshored the coding and AR to India and will continue to send more, and more of the work to India They can get the work done for a fraction of what they are paying state side employees. There is no HR support and the culture is absolutely toxic.
benefits
Cons
Senior Management
If you are eager to grow don't apply
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 5, 2018
The people at mednax are great. I worked there for 3 years and loved the people I worked with. The issue is management don't often lead by example. If you have a difference in opinion from your manager or director you will be fired. If you want to advance your career and move to another department and you are not one of the liked people you will not get promoted or you will be fired.
There was some positive change coming wit the new CIO but that old culture is hard to break. Good luck to those that are still there.
productive
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 24, 2018
good place to work
nice working environment
there is some room for advancement
salaries are stagnant
upper management tries to make a fun work environment for staff
Decent Place to Work
Medical Collector (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 20, 2018
Mednax is over-all a good company. However, the Sunrise CBO is not the best location to work. Collections managers and team leads do not know the RCM process as well as they should. Employees are not motivated to do their jobs effectively as management does not recognize when an employee goes above and beyond to achieve the company's goals. Those employees who have worked diligently, are taken off of projects they have taken responsibility and accountability for and made to work another employee's assignments just to get that employee caught up with their productivity. Additionally, managers apply unfair policies to some employees while over-looking, or completely ignoring the same actions taken by the employees who do not meet productivity requirements. When the company laid-off employees, those employees who do nothing stayed and a couple of really productive employees were terminated. The CBO is riding on the work ethics of very few individuals who truly are great people. The others take credit for work they have not done.
Pros
Large company with great benefits, paid time off, flex-start schedule
Cons
Career advancement, salary, workplace culture, management
Worst place I've ever worked. IT related field
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 20, 2018
All management cares about are numbers, they see you as a number and treat you like a number. They are all talk about a close-knit group but this is farthest from the truth, don't fall for their promises, it sounds great in the beginning, especially bonuses, but expect to get little to nothing when it comes to promised compensation and bonuses, promises from working remotely at home, etc.
Cons
The worse place I have ever worked
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2018
I worked there very very briefly and I was hired as a “Medical Biller” and spent most of my time in a file room and doing grunt work. Coworkers were rude and not helpful at all. I was there 2 1/2 weeks with no access to the systems and had to deal with IT on my own with very little to no help from anyone. I spent most of my time in a file room where one particular day I was in there 5 hrs straight and no one even checked on me. Then I was humiliated in a meeting, thanks to my trainer, by a physician in the office who had seen me in the office and the file rooms and all she could say was I wondered who she was and apparently everyone thought that was funny. I have been in medical billing for 18 yrs and this by far was the worse place ever. My “trainer” spent maybe 10 minutes total with me training and when I would ask questions, new system for me, she would just say go here here and here...... seriously!!!! I don’t even know how you got to here let alone here and here. I had never been made to feel more stupid in all my life. I turned down another job to go here and that was the biggest mistake of my life. I would NEVER suggest anyone work here.
Pros
Good Benefits, Time off and Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, No real training and Rude Co-Workers
Uncaring
Screener/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 17, 2018
Your experience with the company relies mostly on the Hospital assigned and the Hospital staff.

Job requires you to be on call.
Expect to work weekends and Holidays.

Expect to work if another colleague can't work, or doesn't want to work. Worked 21 days in a row, without a day off.

No benefits unless you are full time; No paid sick days, no paid holidays.
Pros
No manager on site, manage self
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Frequent interruptions, No appreciation of job well done
Clueless Leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
Mednax is top heavy. Too many in leadership roles have been around too long. Culture is horrific and is not going to change. It's a look the other way organization. Physicians do as they please. High ranking staff run things how they want. A lot of talk but no action. Complete waste of time with this company. Get out before you become stuck, miserable and complacent to the point you offend your own ethics which will destroy your confidence and ambition to go elsewhere.
One big dysfunctional organization!
Pros
If you are lazy and willing to settle its great
Cons
Everything about the company
Poor management
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 25, 2018
Uneducated, untrained management who are threatened by educated subordinates. Will do much to ruin your reputation and impede any chance to advance.
Culture is oppressive and militant.
Pros
Good for uneducated
Cons
Poor for educated wishing to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mednax. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight