Mednax Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
This is the worst job that I ever had.
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 14, 2018
I don't recommend that you work for this company. If you like to be abused then go ahead. I have never in my life worked for a worse company. The management is abusive to their employees and they have a click favoritism going on that make working for them a horrible experience.
Pros
None at all
Cons
The company and Managment
From Someone Who Knows
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 14, 2018
This company does not care for their employees. If you work for Mednax/Pediatrix you will be an easily replaceable number to them. Nothing more. Unless you are hired in as a senior level employee you will never live up to their standards or be good enough.

Like I said. Just a number.
Pros
work schedule, meeting new people, gaining work experience
Cons
cut throat, management/HR, uncaring, unloyal, slow hiring process
Fast paced and patient focused
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2018
Busy and challenging workplace with a great team of staff and management. My overall experience has been very positive and I have always felt supported by my direct supervisor.
Pros
Benefits and patient-centered
Cons
Sometimes the challenging pace can become very stressful.
Incredibly stressful and demoralizing
Hospital Associate Biller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
Top management was in the process of gutting staff when I left. More work, less pay, less benefits, and horrible horrible morale. It used to be a fun terrific atmosphere with advancement opportunities. No more.
benefits
Cons
Everything else
The company's culture is toxic, chaotic, and completely unstable.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLApril 17, 2018
During my time with Mednax there was constant change and lack of direction. Senior management makes hasty decisions with lack of regard of the outcome in mind. The company is only concerned with making money and could care less about how they do it. They have offshored the coding and AR to India and will continue to send more, and more of the work to India They can get the work done for a fraction of what they are paying state side employees. There is no HR support and the culture is absolutely toxic.
benefits
Cons
Senior Management
fun and very productive place
Medical Collection Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2018
love them!! u will enjoy working with such a great company and there is a lot of room for growth. You will learn a lot of great things that will help u move forward.
If you are eager to grow don't apply
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 5, 2018
The people at mednax are great. I worked there for 3 years and loved the people I worked with. The issue is management don't often lead by example. If you have a difference in opinion from your manager or director you will be fired. If you want to advance your career and move to another department and you are not one of the liked people you will not get promoted or you will be fired.
There was some positive change coming wit the new CIO but that old culture is hard to break. Good luck to those that are still there.
Individual work environment
Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 26, 2018
At this job you work individually. I really enjoyed my job but when there was room for advancement, they pushed me out the door. I was there best hearing screener in that area, but they refused to even talk to me about advancement. If it wasn't for that I would probably still be there.
Decent Place to Work
Medical Collector (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 20, 2018
Mednax is over-all a good company. However, the Sunrise CBO is not the best location to work. Collections managers and team leads do not know the RCM process as well as they should. Employees are not motivated to do their jobs effectively as management does not recognize when an employee goes above and beyond to achieve the company's goals. Those employees who have worked diligently, are taken off of projects they have taken responsibility and accountability for and made to work another employee's assignments just to get that employee caught up with their productivity. Additionally, managers apply unfair policies to some employees while over-looking, or completely ignoring the same actions taken by the employees who do not meet productivity requirements. When the company laid-off employees, those employees who do nothing stayed and a couple of really productive employees were terminated. The CBO is riding on the work ethics of very few individuals who truly are great people. The others take credit for work they have not done.
Pros
Large company with great benefits, paid time off, flex-start schedule
Cons
Career advancement, salary, workplace culture, management
Overall decent company
PMO, Manager Clinical Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 15, 2018
work life balance is good at this company. Career path needs some work as not well defined in any department at any level. Compensation is above the average market.
A Decent Place To Work
Posting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 6, 2018
As far as workplaces go, Mednax is an OK place to work... the best benefit is the amount of PTO per month given. It's a fast-paced environment, there's always something to do.
Pros
Pto
perfer not to answer
Collection Admin II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 24, 2018
great medical central business office to work for. Fast pace, offer a lot of training and can advance. Prefer not to state anything further about this company
Deadlines/Insurance Verification
Hospital Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 8, 2018
The day could be very busy or very slow to many changes on polices. Census tracking and Registering and Billing and Re-Billing accounts. Verifying all insurances.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
Laid off
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Worked remotely from my home office. Had great input via Internet. Had a great supervisor, Was close to home. Had workable deadlines. Was included in various meetings
Pros
Worked remotely from my home office
Cons
Contract notlong enough
Productivity
Underpayment Appeals Collector (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2018
Typical work day starts now at 7am and we grind all day long. All working to accomplish a common the goal of success in all the aspects of our business. I have learned a great deal of information about billing and collections. This knowledge is something I welcome and can use in other endeavors of my work life.
Pros
good people work here
Hospital Associate - Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Mednax was a great place to work. Just like every other employer, once you get used to the different personalities it is a very homey place to work. It felt like family as they genuinely treat you as such and truly care about you as a person.
Good
Recruiter & Onboarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 24, 2018
I worked with Mednax for 34 years, started with the company when there was only 4 physicians. It was great to work with them as the company grow. They have work environment that feels like a family.
NEWBORN HEARING SCREENER (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work, job is very fulfilling. Worked as a hearing screener for newborns. The training is excellent and the job is rewarding. HR is helpful with any questions and supervisors are there to help you in anyway needed
Good experience
National Director of Pediatric Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 22, 2018
This is a dynamic company and has significant opportunities. The service lines and management structure are varied and include pediatric and adult fields. A good place to start and a good place to bring skills
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Not many
Do not apply if you are looking to make money
hearing screener (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Mednax as a hearing screener , but there is no set hours . You can come in and have only 5 babies to screen which may take 2 hours . Sometimes my co workers and i will screen a baby every hour in order to get a "full day of work in ". There are no benefits for part time screener and we do not get recognized for the amount of work that we do. This job is great if you just want the experience but it is not a job that i will get if you have responsibilities and need to pay bills. You have to work smart as a screener , the company thinks that they can play you but you need to play them. If you have 10 babies screen every 30 mins, & take breaks in order to get a full 8 hours in . Yes its that serious but the staff at my hospital were great .
Pros
working with babies
Cons
low pay, no hours, rude cordinators