Mednax Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Screen new baby's hearing (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 4, 2018
It's a great place to work just need more hours. It's great if you have a full time job already but definitely not something to pay all the bills. My coordinator is amazing and very sweet and caring I don't want to leave her.
Great work environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 26, 2018
Mednax is a great company to work for. They promote individual growth and are very flexible in work schedules. I would strongly recommend anyone to check out this company.
Good place to work, great benefits
Office staff (Current Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 23, 2018
Very fast paced environment. You will never run out of stuff to do. I truly enjoy the people I work with. Awesome benefits. Can be stressful at times.
Benefits
No flexible shifts
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 19, 2018
Management does not provide flexible shifts... which is unfair because this is the only cbo that does not give flexibility. It makes it harder to complete OT hours throughout the week.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
There's no flexibility
Was great place to work until corporation bought us
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2018
The management does not care about patient care, only profit. Hired different managers for different positions with no knowledge of how a good medical office should run, i worked gor a physician for 11 yrs there that was great i loved my patients and vice versa
Pros
Cons
No perks, took away our bonuses, bot flexible at all all with schedules, was told the job was more important than my family
Provider Enrollment
Provider Enrollment Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 2, 2018
Great work/life Balance.
Pay not so great. hiring within you get cheated on pay increase. Most ppl leave and come back to ask for more money.

management has unprofessional issues with other departments within the company, which make it hard on the department itself.

lots of Petty people in management seats.
Pros
learn and go
Cons
pay
I love mednax
Team Lead/Collector Admin II/AR (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Mednax is a great company to work for I would recommend any person the apply and if you get on stay. very nice and clean some drama but not to much I loved it there
Poor Management, if your looking to advance it's all about if they like you.
na (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 30, 2018
Hostility, bullying by upper management is tolerated. Reporting does not effect change of behavior. Little to no praise for a job well done. Abuse exempt employees by working long hours so no to have to pay over time.

The people at mednax are great. I worked there for 5 years and loved the people I worked with. The issue is management don't often lead by example. If you have a difference in opinion from your manager or director you will be fired. If you want to advance your career and move to another department and you are not one of the liked people you will not get promoted or you will be fired. Good luck to those that are still there.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No sick days
Lip Service
CRNA (Current Employee) –  KnoxvilleAugust 30, 2018
Company pays lip service to collaborative practice. Improving patient care. In truth, none of this filters to practice. Company exists to cherry pick profitable practices and skim off profits. Be wary if takeover target. You will soon have no voice in your practice and be subject to direction by those with little or no sense for the practice of anesthesia or how a group actually operates, day to day, in the trenches.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Clueless national management.
Hostility by upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2018
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Work environment
Going Down in Flames
Provider Enrollment Associate II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 7, 2018
Low morale, bullying, significant disconnect between managers and their employees; management typically hasn't a clue what certain processes actually entail. They justify juvenile and hostile behavior. No organization or real guidance...just a flat out nightmare.
Pros
The employee benefits are pretty great!
Cons
Not family friendly, ignorant and intrusive management, asinine dress code, rampant jealousy and sabotage, colorism
Complicated hiring process for VERY part time work
HEARING SCREENER (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 7, 2018
First off, getting hired for this job took way too long. There were so many hoops that I had to jump through just to be able to train onsite. It took me 3 months from getting hired to being able to train. Second, there are no set hours. If you go in and there aren't any babies to screen then you get paid for 2 hours of work. You go and screen however many babies there are and then you are done for the day. It's an alright job if you need the hospital experience but this is not a job that will pay the bills. No benefits either.
Pros
hospital experience
Cons
no benefits, no hours, disorganized
Clueless Leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
Mednax is top heavy. Too many in leadership roles have been around too long. Culture is horrific and is not going to change. It's a look the other way organization. Physicians do as they please. High ranking staff run things how they want. A lot of talk but no action. Complete waste of time with this company. Get out before you become stuck, miserable and complacent to the point you offend your own ethics which will destroy your confidence and ambition to go elsewhere.
One big dysfunctional organization!
Pros
If you are lazy and willing to settle its great
Cons
Everything about the company
Loved it!
Audiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 1, 2018
I worked weekends part time work. Loved that they looked at my experience and were willing to train me. Loved working with the babies. Hoping to go back in the new area I live in.
Pros
The babies, relaxed environment, the pay, meeting the families, learning somthing new.
Cons
Finding it hard to get on with them in the new state I live in.
good place to work
HEARING SCREEN ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2018
Very busy daily work load. How to stay organized and plan out my work day, Management could use some people skills. They company is pretty laid back. Keeping on top of reporting can be a little stressful sometimes. Working indiviually
Pros
good pay good insurance
Cons
no where to move to
Poor management
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 25, 2018
Uneducated, untrained management who are threatened by educated subordinates. Will do much to ruin your reputation and impede any chance to advance.
Culture is oppressive and militant.
Pros
Good for uneducated
Cons
Poor for educated wishing to advance
Management needs an overhaul
Team Lead Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
I worked for Mednax for over 8 years and the last 2 were my worst job ever. They have become too big and have forgotten about their employees. Management is HORRIBLE!! Mednax needs to evaluate their employees opinion about the managers there. We had made several complaints to the corporate office with even a visit from corporate HR but nothing was done. the same horrible, managers are still there.
Toxic work environment
SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 18, 2018
Difficult to work there. Very toxic culture. Executives have mostly been with company for decades and know things need to change but not positioned to actually do so. Middle management very toxic and very little opportunity for advancement.
Work in progress
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed my tenor at Pediatrix Medical Group. Just like any other company there is office drama but management was full aware of what was going on. They prefer to advance from within before hiring an outsider which is always a pro. During my time there upper management started weeding out the weak managers and toxic coworkers. As long as you provided quality work and maintain a level of professionalism you were on the good list !
Pros
Advancement, bonuses, healthcare insurance, and opportunity to expand knowledge.
Cons
Had to work OT to pick up the slack of nonproductive coworkers during end of month deadlines.
Please don't
Rcm Registrar (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 9, 2018
Management horrible. Favoritism thrives
No training as new hire. Expect a lot but give little.
No growth. If u can better do so & don't go there. Honestly
Pros
Pay was decent. Bonuses lousy.
Cons
No continuing education. No growth. Management doesn't listen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mednax. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight