MedOptions Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
stay away
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  texasJune 22, 2018
management is UNHINGED themselves...advise STAY AWAY -they have no idea what a contract is, what paying their employees as agreed means, extreme dishonesty and psychopathy in management. Working in nursing homes is difficult enough due to systemic problems and the devolution of healthcare to HELLth care in America-but given that the home base of this company is Connecticut--that should be your first clue-RUN AWAY-fast.
Poor management
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 13, 2018
Disconnect between management and employees. Poor management and not supportive of providers. Management does not listen to concerns regarding referrals and issues within facilities. Providers are not respected or valued.
Great staff
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 13, 2018
Flexible schedules, great benefits,awesome support staff to work with. Great work life balance for employees. Would recommend to experienced providers.
No cost of living increase in at least 5 years
Clinical Psychologist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 1, 2018
I've been with Medoptions Inc since summer 2010. My experience has been richly (though not monetarily) varied and personally valuable. The clinical psych job offers daily access to an interesting array of people; a virtual panoply of human beings struggling to cope. Psychiatric/ behavioral syndromes, rare medical conditions, sequelae S/P stroke, s/p bone breaks, and all flavors of dementia.
So, alot to be said for the position. But compensation is flat and bareboned.

NO COST OF LIVING INCREASE IN AT LEAST 5 Years!

Interesting job with strings attached to not very deep pockets. Bottom line, Medoptions is cheap and greedy.
Pros
see above
Poor Management
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Old Lyme, CTFebruary 3, 2018
Very unhappy about the Management. No communication. Good flexibility. Poor pay. Management keeps changing.Requires alot of travel and often the facility assigned to are promised more than the Company could deliver.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor communication
Extreme favoritism by management
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Old Lyme, CTJanuary 31, 2018
Extremely high employee turnover. Management will not promote within. Request for time off is always denied by management. No raises are ever given.
Say no
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MADecember 12, 2017
Inadequate communication between management and employees. Unattainable goals, very stressful, unrealistic expectations. Build you up momentarily to break you down. Be very weary.
Pros
a check
Cons
too many to list, do NOT care about employees
be weary of the bait and switch
CSS (Former Employee) –  Old Lyme, CTNovember 5, 2017
I am a former employee of MedOptions. While the atmosphere was nice as most of the coworkers were friendly and talkative. Your work ethic is due to be compromised with the constant stress and badgering from management regarding meeting a quota; which was ridiculously unattainable. Communication is poor between management, staff, and clinicians within the field. You are allowed 2 breaks but people are scared to leave their cubicles and will sit for lengthy stretches of time damaging their eyes. Even if it is delivered as an option, you are expected to work from home. If you do not; you very well could be ostracized and possibly placed on the chopping block. Turn over rate is high and they expect 1 person to do the tasks of 3 people within an 8 hr period. Not worth the stress. Once you see these issues, do yourself a favor and RUN!
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything within the paragraph
Poor Management
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 22, 2017
The environment is not conducive to any individual looking to make a difference within the medical community. Management has a persistent and intense focus on bureaucracy rather than patient centered care. As a Nurse practitioner, I enjoy the autonomy of being a NP; however, at Medoptions, this is rarely the case. There is a fundamental lack of communication between corporate and staff that affects the overall effectiveness of anyone's ability to practice medicine. I would not recommend this company.
Flexible and challenging
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTSeptember 13, 2017
This job provides flexible hours and a chance to work with challenging populations. It offers autonomy in practice with a chance to collaborate with other disciplines in your facilities, if you initiate that collaboration. There is a lack of communication between clinicians and management. Clinicians in the field are unaware of staff changes at facilities until the last minute. Management seems overwhelmed with the growth of the company as we take on new facilities and cannot keep up relations with current facilities. This job is for someone who can practice in the field independently and are confident in their skills as a clinical/medical provider.
Pros
Flexible hours, autonomy in practice, challenging and rewarding population to work with
Cons
Poor communication from management, management seems overwhelmed, 4 regional manager changes in 3 yrs.
good job with good benefits
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Old Lyme, CTSeptember 7, 2017
Pro: Good hours, good benefits, flexible schedule, good pay
Con: not enough employee support and guidance, can be a lot of commuting
Overall a great company
Overwhelming workplace
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Old Lyme, CTSeptember 6, 2017
Workplace atmosphere was overwhelming and stressful. In my department of scheduling they assumed we could take on more than we could do because upper management thought our department was expendable. I would work off the clock from home just to get the work done and then they added more on my plate. It cause problems at home and in my personal life away from the job
Great flexibility
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTAugust 27, 2017
The job provides good flexibility and good experiences on consulting liason psychiatry. ............
....
Overall good job....
......

.....

....

...
previously reviewed
Clincal Director (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Previously reviewed, Regional manager made the difference. I heard that the CEO said those lazy nurse practitioners need to work harder and stop complaining
Be wary
LCSW (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 2, 2017
I worked for this company for over a decade. Throughout that time I experienced ongoing negative changes which impacted the care of vulnerable clients.
Sadly, facilities who contract with medoptions are unaware of how clinicians are paid creating conflict. As a result, this sets up clinicians to be unable to meet facility expectations. Importantly, Med options continually decreases unit pay/ salary while increasing the amount of units required. As a result,
it is impossible to do what's required and make a signifigant standard of living. Due to the culture I have personally witnessed Med options management use of a divide and conquer method to manage / manipulate clinicians. Due to the minimal communication between clinicians, and staff this style of management is calculated.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Everything else
Growing Company
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 2, 2016
I have worked for MedOptions for several years and have watched the company grow, admittedly that can be difficult at times, it has been a move in the right direction. Striving to become a world class company is not easy. This has and will cause growing pains. Overall, the growth the company is experiencing is exciting.
Pros
I find my work professionally satisfying and rewarding.
Cons
Inconsistent communication to staff outside the support center.
Flexibility and opportunity
Psychologist, Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Mid-AtlanticOctober 14, 2016
I have been with MedOptions for over five years, and have been impressed with increased commitment to clinical consistency across the company. As a parent, I have enjoyed the flexibility of not having set appointments at my facilities. I have enjoyed growth with the company and look forward to more opportunities as we continue to service nursing homes and assisted living facilities across the country. As a manager, I have been impressed with our mentorship and training programs, which is flexible enough to allow for varying degrees of training required across clinicians.

This is not work for someone who requires a great deal of "hand holding," however, clinical and administrative support is there whenever I need it.
Pros
flexibility, independence
Exciting compay to work for
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 12, 2016
Proud to work for a company that is making a difference in the lives of the elderly. We have an amazing group of clinicians who are passionate about the work they do. The company is growing within our current states and to new states which is creating a lot of new opportunities.
Pros
co-workers, clinicians, growth, stability
Cons
communication could be improved
Good Place to Work
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTSeptember 28, 2016
Posting Insurance, Facility and Patient Payments
Team Meeting once a week
Great Co-workers - hardworking
Using two computer screens for electronic posting
Having a Job
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Working to make a difference
Manager (Current Employee) –  Old Lyme, CTSeptember 23, 2016
MedOptions is a rapidly growing organization with great potential. The company is striving for clinical excellence and realizes we will not be successful without the day to day contributions of our clinicians and support staff. The company is prioritizing recruitment, retention, and technology. During any company growth spurt challenges arise and we are certainly not short on things to accomplish. Overall the company creates the opportunity to be part of a team with the goal of improving the quality of life for residents of skilled nursing facilities and to be the national leader in behavioral health services.
Pros
Willing to change and focused on clinician effectiveness
Cons
Have to improve technology