Medpace
2.6

Medpace Employee Reviews

United States93 reviews
Featured review
Medpace selected this as a representative review
Medpace
Medpace is great company and growing everyday. The management team is supportive and encouraging. CRO sales is very competitive and the most difficult part of the job.
Medpace offers nice employee perks such as free lunch everyday, 24 fitness center etc.
December 3, 2019
Thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear you’re enjoying your time with Medpace and have had a positive experience with the organization. We are glad you enjoy the perks of working in our Cincinnati office! We are very proud of the growth we’ve experienced over the last few years, and only strive for that to continue. We appreciate your feedback!
Fun Enviorment
Co-Workers made the job. Good balance of work and having a personal life. Free salad's and drinks were a nice benefit. After work basketball league was the highlight of every week.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Advancement
Good Place to work right out of college
When you just finish you Undergraduate degree and you are looking for your first after college this is a great place to work. The other employees are young, there is a free lunch and gym and the people there are used to training green straight out of school employees.
April 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are very glad to hear you are enjoying your career at Medpace and have a positive experience with the organization. We are happy to hear you’ve enjoyed our on-site perks, endless advancement opportunity, and the training programs we have in place. We work hard to ensure we provide all of our employees with the tools and resources to constantly advance and grow their careers. We are very proud of the growth we’ve experienced over the last few years, and only strive for that to continue. Thank you for your review!
Easy Going
Typical day at Medpace is sitting at your computer and responding to emails/phone calls and review documents. I learned what it takes to get a drug approved. Management was very good. The culture was a bit negative, but I saw improvement. The hardest part of the job is managing all the different tasks and prioritizing properly. Most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to come and go as needed.
March 30, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with Medpace. While some work is independent by nature, Medpace takes pride in creating an environment that helps teams thrive and do their best work while working in a collaborative environment. We are very aware that we’re going through a major growth period. Growing pains are present, and we are aware of the need for more individuals to lighten the workload. We ask all current employees to hang tight! We’re adding new great employees to assist with the workload and bring success to the company. Thank you for your feedback.
Not the best communication
Management is not that great. Everyone is doing their own thing so it seems bothersome to ask for help. Even when you let management know you are dealing with stressful personal matters at home their advice is to ‘bury yourself in work’. Training is video based for the most part and it is difficult to retain training information of a particular work task when you are not exposed to doing the work consistently
March 23, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We are disappointed to hear you had a negative experience with the organization. While some work is independent by nature, Medpace takes pride in creating an environment that helps teams thrive and do their best work while working in a collaborative environment. While it’s an exciting time for the company, we recognize growing pains are present and are working hard to bring great new employees to the company to provide a doable workload for all employees. In addition, all departments have training in place to ensure employees have a clear understanding on the role responsibilities and expectation. Thank you for your feedback regarding the training. We are always working to improve and appreciate this insight.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Low pay, high turnover, undervalued employees
The company has a high rate of turnover. Employees are given too many assignments to keep up with, and morale is low. Pay is not competitive given the amount of work you are expected to put in. Employees don't feel valued or appreciated and are viewed as replaceable. It's a shame because there are a lot of really good people who work there, and they deserve so much more.
March 23, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. One of the drawbacks of a high rate of success is that we sometimes ask a lot of our associates. We are very aware that we’re going through a major growth period at this time. While it’s an exciting time for the company, we recognize growing pains are present and are working hard to bring great new employees to the company. Our intention is to add new employees to the organization that can assist in the success of the company, and take on work to free up some of our other associates – giving everyone a doable workload. We recognize that this might take longer than we would like at times, but please hang in there! We are working to bring the right people on board, train them accordingly, and ensure that our organization is successful while also providing our employees great perks and a good work/life balance. We also consistently work with our Compensation and Benefits team to review salary and benchmarks to assure we are aligned with the market while also being competitive in the industry. Thank you!
Flexibility and Progression
They allow flexibility in work schedule. Progression in a department is encouraged and help is given to make sure that you succeed in your job. Great work environment.
February 17, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear you have enjoyed your time with Medpace and have taken advantage of our flexible work environment. We strive to promote individual growth for all of our employees and are glad to hear you feel supported. If there are any specifics you feel we can improve upon, we always welcome suggestions and encourage you to speak directly to your HR Representative. Thank you!
Long, but productive days
Be prepared to spend long hours at your desk.Experienced coworkers will be your best asset and it helps tremendously to receive their opinions on issues you may face during day-to-day operations.
January 29, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We are definitely aware that we’re going through a major growth period. Growing pains are present, and we are aware of the need for more individuals. Hang tight! We’re adding new great employees to assist with the workload and bring success to the company. We are happy to hear you enjoy working with your team and find your time to be productive. Please feel free to reach out to your HR Representative if you have any specific concerns. Thank you!
Good work place
I enjoy my job. I wish management was more honest with the employees. There is a lot of room for growth. I hope to retire from Medpace. My manager is very accommodating when it comes to work and family
December 3, 2019
Thank you for leaving a review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoy working with Medpace and specifically your department. If you have any specific concerns regarding management, we always encourage you to speak to your HR Representative directly. We are always looking to address concerns and hear new ideas. We appreciate your feedback!
Be careful not to identify yourself when reviewing this company
They will fire you if they can identify your review if it is negative or even if it is constructive but has few stars they underpay women and women who take maternity leave do not get considered for promotions - even if you are due for a raise they will be scrupulous and count the days since you’ve been back. Women rarely occupy senior level management and they are paid 80 cents on the dollar from the date they are hired
December 4, 2019
Yikes! While we hate to hear about negative experiences within Medpace, we certainly welcome the feedback and opportunity to improve. If we terminated the employees who have left a negative review, we would be a much smaller organization. :) We are disappointed to learn about the misconception you seem to have about women within the Medpace organization. Women are highly valued at Medpace, making up 68.15% of our entire organization. Regarding senior level positions, nearly half, 48.17%, of our director level positions and above are held by women. We could not do what we do here at Medpace without the hard work of both the women and men who dedicate their time to making the organization successful. We apologize for any miscommunication and wish you the best of luck in your future career.
Micromanagement
Somewhat inflexible. Does not allow employees to work from home and offers little opportunity to "flex" hours. Culture of micromanagement starting from the top.
Good training for those new to industry.

Free salads for lunch.

Strong and dedicated front-line workforce.
November 13, 2019
Thank you for the insight you have provided. We’re very happy to hear you enjoy some of our onsite perks, including the free lunch and training. Although we don’t typically offer remote-based positions, we believe our office-based model promotes a collaborative environment to ensure our employees and sponsors feel heard and valued. The flex time benefit should offer a way for employees to have a strong work/life balance. Any recommendations you have on improving our environment or policies can be sent to your HR representative. We are always looking to address concerns and hear new ideas. We appreciate your feedback!
Low moral
Overall moral is low at this company. Many associates are overworked and stressed. Only benefit is free meals and gym. Health benefits aren't great at all especially if you have a family.
November 13, 2019
One of the drawbacks of a high rate of success is that we sometimes ask a lot of our associates. We are very aware that we’re going through a major growth period at this time. While it’s an exciting time for the company, we recognize growing pains are present and are working hard to bring great new employees to the company. The perks we provide such as fantastic workout facilities, free salad bar and employee appreciation events are there to help ease some of this stress! We apologize Medpace wasn’t the best fit for you. We appreciate your feedback.
Poor Culture
The culture does not empower staff or promote a growth mindset. The hourly pay is not competitive and varies greatly between departments even when job functions are similar.

The hardest part of the job was not having a clear understanding of job role and expectations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the great group of people with whom I worked.
November 13, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed the individuals you worked with at Medpace. We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative culture and are happy you enjoyed your team. There are several factors that go into determining compensation. Pay rates vary throughout the company due to market analysis, individual experience, and job responsibilities. We regularly review this as well as our benefits and hiring practices to ensure we are being competitive within our industry. All departments have training in place to ensure employees have a clear understanding on the role responsibilities and expectation. Should there ever be confusion on this, we encourage all employees to talk to their direct supervisor for clarification. We are sorry to learn that Medpace wasn’t the best fit for you, but appreciate your review! We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor!
Cra
I had issues with management. Lack of communication and respect. Overwhelming amount of work that needed to be done. I would not recommend Medpace to anyone. Stay away!
November 11, 2019
Thanks for your input! We are very aware that we’re going through a major growth period at this time. While it’s an exciting time for the company, we recognize growing pains are present and are working hard to bring great new employees to the company. We have training in place for all managers (both new and experienced) to ensure they are leading their teams in the best way. We encourage all employees to express concerns to their supervisor directly, or contact their HR representative to discuss in more detail. We apologize Medpace wasn’t the best fit for you.
What I learned
The company allows for a lot of growth, but does not make up for the amount of work given by compensation. Benefits are great and vacation time is acceptable.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
compensation
October 22, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We are aware we are going through a period of high growth within the organization, and our leadership has made a great effort to thank current employees for their efforts during a busy season. We regularly review our compensation and benefits to ensure we are being competitive within our industry. We also are proud of the collaborative culture we promote and the value we strive to bring to Medpace associates through promotional opportunities and career development. Should you have any specific concerns, we encourage you to please reach out to your HR representative to discuss. Thank you for your insight.
Innovative Place to Work
Medpace was a really interesting place to work and be a part of all of the things that a contract research organization is involved with. I enjoyed my time working here.
October 9, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are very glad to hear you have enjoyed your time with Medpace and have a positive experience with the organization. We are very proud of the growth we’ve experienced over the last few years, and only strive for that to continue. We appreciate your feedback and review!
Watch your back
Most abusive employer I ever worked for. Don't feel safe working here anymore. They lie to you constantly and then use you to overwork you because they don't keep employees. Their pay increases and bonuses are minuscule.
Cons
Got sick at free lunches that aren't regulated - mostly salads, Inexperience processes and inadequate computer systems
October 9, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you feel there is negativity within the organization. We are proud of the collaborative culture we promote. We have training available to all new employees, and multiple levels structured within each position in order to provide a way for our associates to have continual opportunities for advancement. We understand we are going through a period of high growth and encourage all employees to review workload issues/standards with their manager. Should they have specific concerns, we also encourage the employees to reach out to their HR Rep. We regularly review our compensation and benefits to ensure we are being competitive within our industry. It is apparent Medpace was not the right fit for you, but we appreciate your review.
Growing Company
Company is growing rapidly - exciting environment / industry to work within. Can sometimes feel the pain of growing so quickly, but has been worth it!
September 26, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your insight. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your time with Medpace. We work hard to ensure we are place that attracts employees not just for the short term, but are a place that our associates can grow in their career. We do understand we’re going through a busy period due to high growth and appreciate the feedback you have given in regards to this. Flex time is given to all individuals in the hopes of allowing a more flexible schedule and strong work/life balance. Thank you for your input!
Experienced phlebotomists, entry level research assistants.
This is not the place to gain phlebotomy experience, though it is the place to bring that experience to this entry level research position.

A typical day is to read and keep updated on the study protocols and their amendments. I learned a great deal in first phase pharmaceutical research. You may train a new employee daily.

There was a high turn over in management. The culture was "clicky" and many friends and family members were hired.

The hardest part of the job was down time and most enjoyable time is when the team worked together as one and not in clicks.
Pros
Free Lunch, coke products
Cons
clicks and gossips
September 26, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with Medpace and learned extensively about clinical trials during your time here. We work hard to ensure we are a place that attracts employees not just for the short term, but provides an environment where our associates can grow in their career. Medpace does not promote or tolerate a culture of cliques or negativity. We strive for Medpace to be a collaborative and inclusive environment, and we encourage all employees to reflect this daily. We apologize that Medpace was not the best fit for you, but appreciate your review.
n/a
just a regular day at work, cleaning and wiping and mopping floors and windows. they was just unorganized and kept telling me to rewash the windows because they were smudged and i was using the things they told me to use. i also was going through postpartum depression too andf wasnt really ready to work yet.
September 10, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Medpace outsources all cleaning services and unfortunately has no ability to address these concerns. We apologize for any confusion, and will gladly pass this review along to the organization we contract for these services. Thank you!
Nope.
If you like turnover and constantly being belittled then this is the place for you! Your training is minimal and management is a total joke, but hey... FREE SALAD!
August 19, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. At Medpace we are proud of the team culture we promote and the value we strive to bring to Medpace associates. Our clients appreciate our collaborative environment, and we strive to be a team that constantly encourages individual growth. The quarterly staff meetings we hold allow our employees to hear direct communication from our President, and we have training for all managers regarding cross-departmental communication, and communication with their teams. It is apparent that Medpace was not the best fit for you, but we appreciate your review.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medpace. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
2.9
2.4
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight