Medpace Employee Reviews

I love my entire Team
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work, They provide training, they are great when issues arise with management, All team is very resourceful, I believe Senior pay can be hire.
Pros
Great Company to work for
Cons
Most Senior CRA job pay can be more competitve
Official response from Medpace
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Medpace strives to create a company culture that values our employees, and we are very happy to hear that you have had a positive experience. Should you have any thoughts, suggestions, or concerns that come to mind, please always feel free to contact us.

Stay away from this place
RSA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2018
This is the worst company to work for! If you don't kiss butt, then this is not the place for you. This is a dead-end company with entirely too much negativity floating around.
Pros
a lot of down time
Cons
Paid every 30 days
Official response from Medpace
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you feel there is negativity within the organization; however, we work hard to ensure we are place that attracts employees not just for the short term, but are a place that our associates can grow in their career. With a complimentary fitness center, complimentary cafeteria, and casual work environment, we strive to provide an environment that allows our employees to feel valued and appreciated for their hard work. We apologize that this was not the best fit for you, but we appreciate your review.

HR Does Not Provide Follow-Up After Contact for Job Posting
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2018
I was contacted and had a phone interview with HR. I was told I would be contacted within a week as to whether I would receive an interview with hiring manager. I was not contacted. I waited another week and I emailed HR contact and I did not receive a reply. I waited another week again and called HR contact and left a message and I did not receive any kind of response. Career website was never updated to indicate I was not selected.
It would be a nice place to work if they changed management
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2018
working at Medpace was like riding a roller coaster, it was always ups and downs. If you were not in a certain click then you were treated unfairly by certain co-workers as well as the supervisor. I really enjoyed working with the different diverse groups of subjects, getting to know them on a personal level. Raises and bonuses were not given fairly, getting paid once a month was bad.
Pros
free lunch, gym
Cons
healthcare cost, down time
Not Bad - Room for Improvement
Regulatory Submissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2018
Medpace is definitely not a bad place to work or even to start your career. The management are great people and often times are overloaded with work. This translates down to everyone. You will be busy here and they will push you to keep growing. Things are changing and you must change with them. If your looking for somewhere to stay and move up - now would be a good time to work for Medpace. The only major down fall is that the pay for many positions is on the lower end of the spectrum. This is probably due to the fact that they are located in Cincinnati. This is nothing like the RTP in North Carolina. Therefore, there is much less competition for good employees.
Pros
People are great
Cons
Pay isn't the best
Awful. If you are looking for growth within a company- stay away!
Sr. Strategic Proposals and Feasibility (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 27, 2018
No solid training plan except for CRAs. No work-life balance. No room for growth. I was told on several occasions that I was taking the necessary steps to become a manager and was never promoted. Too many Director and executives and not enough "indians" and "chiefs".
Pros
Cons
too much favoritism and policies don't apply to all
Solid First Job
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2018
As a recent graduate, working at Medpace has been the best experience for me. I have enjoyed learning at a fast pace and having free lunch and casual dress code have been such a plus!
Pros
Free lunch, casual dress, Flexible schedule
Cons
Not much opportunity for career advancement
Not worth working for this company.
CRA II/ CTM Mentee & Training (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
This is a terrible company to work for. There is a large degree of nepotism, and work place ethical violations. The company does not pay well, the benefits are terrible and Managment is probably the worst. The company culture is horrible.
productive and transparent work environment
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 26, 2018
productive
everyday is different and you learn something new
transparent with expectations
great culture
keeping up with the workload
the travel
So Bad, It's Horrible CRA Experience
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2018
Medpace has a good CRA training program to train entry level CRAs. It has nice buildings but it is not a CRA friendly company.
Its managers know only Medpace's way.
There are no many clinical trial projects available in Medpace.
Medpace is completely company interest centered. The company micromanages every CRA and monitors or keeps eyes on CRAs’ performance so closely that your line manager will access your email account and constantly reviews your emails. On one hand, CRAs are not valued and may be laid off frequently and even significant number of CRAs were laid off right before bonus distribution. On the other hand, if you want to leave the company you are required to inform the company one month in advance otherwise you will lose your unused vacation time etc. When hiring, a CRA is required to sign a non-competition agreement to not take any CRA position from a competitor---which means you may be not allowed to leave there and then work as a CRA for another CRO or sponsor.
Pros
Cons
No many projects available, low pay, employees are not valued, unfair non-competition agreement, no job security
HORRIBLE place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 4, 2018
ZERO job security. Poor pay, no PTO for Part time, management was non existent in our department, training was by "word of mouth". STAY AWAY and chose a company that will appreciate all your hard work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
zero job security
Stay Away!
Project Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2018
Medpace promoted the Clinical Research Project Coordinator position at an information session on their main campus. A couple weeks later, since I did not apply for the position, their HR tracked me down on LinkedIn and offered me enough money for me to apply for the position. Within a week of starting I was placed on a very large study and was expected to complete tasks in which I was not trained nor given training on how to complete. They expected everything to be done ASAP and would not give me a laptop to work at home or to type up minutes during meetings. Even though I put 60+ hours in every weeks on salary for 40 they expected at least 80 hours of work. If you show any ability at all, or even if you don't, they will pile on the studies until the work consumes you, Work/life balance was awful! Within 6 months they brought me in a room where my direct manager and two HR people read a memo stating my last day of employment walked me out the building. Unless you want to work 80 hours a week for half pay, stay away!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Extremely overworked, little training, awful work/life balance
Clean,and safe enviroment.
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2018
Clean, well diversed setting, and safe working enviroment. Allowed to work at own pace and and overtime is always a option.I have learned that work performance requires a team approach.
Pros
Free beverages.
Cons
The trash taken out daily can be extremely heavy, nevertheless that is part of the job responsibility.
Intern's Perspective
Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2018
From the bottom of the company looking up, I would recommend Medpace. My review is meager because of my small role at the company. Spoke with the CEO in the hallway briefly and he was very polite and intelligent.
Awesome place to work
Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 1, 2018
I had the freedom to work at my own pace.we were only a few CRA's working out of the country office and my line manager was awesome, line of communication was very informal which was great for me.
Mixed work environment
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 23, 2018
Everything started out great at Medpace with all of the cool perks (Salad bar, gym, flex time). It is a very friendly environment. After working there for a while your pay starts to make you feel undervalued. The company doesn't care if you stay or not so they pay you very little, and your work starts to build up.
Pros
Free lunch, Gym, Flex Time
Cons
Pay is terrible
Sad
Strategic Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2018
Great place to work but horrible benefits! I love my job and the people I work with . I will miss them, but it's time to move on. Plus, we are overworked and underpaid
Great place to learn and grow
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Medpace was a great place to work. My co-workers were always willing to help and my manager was fantastic. I didn’t feel like I was micro-managed in anyway. My manager made it clear that his goal was to help develop me as an HR Generalist and set aside time biweekly to achieve this. If I didn’t have to unexpectedly relocate, I believe I would have been with this company for a very long time.
Pros
Free lunches, onsite gym, laid back environment
Deceitful from the start
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2017
They hired a ton of CRAs, telling us that we would be done with training in 6 months and then would be regularly traveling and assigned to studies. I've worked there over a year and none of that was true. Training lasted almost 9 months and I still have not been assigned a study. They use CRAs as interns, giving us small boring tasks that were meant for interns to do. It doesn't help that they fire the CRAs like crazy and for little to no reason.
Pros
free lunches, drinks, gym
Cons
Bad upper management, deceitful, fear-stricken work place
The manger was very nasty and rude in Texas
CRA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Few in from the east cost to Texas for an interview. The interviewing manger was nasty and rude. She was not very welcoming and even if I was offered and position I would not stay with that company. Very cut throat company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medpace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight