MedPro Group

MedPro Group Employee Reviews

MedPro Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

MedPro

I love my coworkers and have a sense of belonging in my department. Benefits are outstanding. My only complaint is the workload but they have a nice hybrid work from home schedule.

Pros

Benefits/Work Culture

Cons

Workload

Fairly flat organization dedicated to individual development, diversity & inclusion, work-life balance and collective growth

Company is dedicated to finding the best talent and open to telework employees for certain positions (not all). It has the greatest work-life culture (truly implemented) that I've seen in the corporate world. Good benefits and compensation packages (industry leading). Dedicated to local communities and charity efforts. Still fairly small organization and flat enough to listen to feedback of all levels of employees. Company recognizes need to diversify its workforce and is actively pursuing many strategies to improve this. As a woman in the corporate world, I feel like this company is a great place for long-term career growth and development.

Pros

Telework options, technology, diversity initiatives, benefits/compensation (including continuing ed), industry leading products for healthcare

Cons

Needs improved entry-level/training position opportunity, more diverse employee pool (though they know this and are working on it)

Productive Workplace

Great internship and learning opportunity for students who are looking for an internship in the business field. I was a market analyst intern and thoroughly enjoyed my position.

Boring

This was the most boring job I've ever had. I liked the department I worked in and most of the people however it seemed as if those lazy people got away with being lazy and that's not the type of person I am.

Cons

Great benefits

Benefits Are The Only Thing Positive

Any time you approach with negative feedback you are gaslit and reminded that the benefits are better than average. Any complaints are immediately shot down and turned around on you and how you are as an employee. No room for growth, no room for constructive feedback.

Pros

Benefits.

Cons

Room for growth, pay

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Short lived love

Phenomenal work/life balance; flex any time, company outings. Hard to get a permanent position with the company even after proving work ethic; decision is solely HR's decision and they do not listen to manager's recommendation. Sad.

Good Starting Job If You Last

Good work environment but not paid fairly for the amount of work and type of work. People are great but prideful. If you can make it past Associate Underwriter could be a better work place but as it stands Associate Underwriter role is not worth the pay.

Pros

Pto, PTO Roll Over, Good People

Cons

Pay, Shallow Promises

Great for a balanced life

While working at MedPro Group the company always went out of their way to make sure they felt every employee was compensated fairly and taken care of in today's ever changing healthcare landscape. It was obviously a focus of the company to continue to provide top tier coverage to all of their employees. Management was also very informative and upfront with all changes happening inside and outside of the company with informative quarterly updates. I greatly enjoyed my bosses flexibility and the amount of PTO I was given upon starting the new role, again great signs of the companies desire to take care of the employee. My work/life balance was never in question as I always worked my 40 hours and was able to bend my schedule however needed to take care of appointments and random events that occur during the week. The most difficult part of working at MedPro was the multiple tiers of leadership. It often felt like there were so many people to report to for any given project that it often slowed down the completion of said project because so many people had to be looped in "and be on board" before moving forward. In my specific role I also felt that opportunity for growth was very limited, which can be discouraging, but for some employees is comforting. Company picnics, fun events, awesome lunch program and overall care for the employee is something that I have missed in new jobs. Overall I enjoyed my time at MedPro and would recommend it as a fine place to work.

Pros

On site lunch, schedule flexibility, total compensation

Cons

Too many leaders, job advancement opportunities

Busy lots of calls

Busy with calls from customers, frequent travel, department culture not balanced - favorites, poor communication from boss, loved the customers best part of the job.

Ok place if you like Ft Wayne and stay here

In the IT department they are very back in technology. have no clear direction on how to go to new technologies and what suits the work there. have to please your boss even if you do your work.

Medical Protective

A good company to work at and they have very good security measures. They are good opportunities in which you are able to advance and even train for other positions.

Good or bad depending on department

It was a great position until management changed along with a negative change in culture. In my last year or so, there was no feedback as to my performance.

Pros

Benefits including reduced lunches and fitness center

Cons

Incompetent management

Good company with excellent benefits

Good company to work for, unfortunately if you want to change departments or lines of work these are lateral moves. For example, if you decide to take a lateral job move, there may be a pay cut.

Pros

Benefits, offers more than many other companies

Cons

Difficult for advancement, more lateral moves of positions

Fast Paced and successful Insurance Company

MedPro group is an extremely successful company not just in Fort Wayne, but in the entire country. It is the leading professional liability insurance company in the United States and is expanding internationally.

Pros

Great benefits, time off, and inexpensive lunch

Cons

Poor Management

Working at MedPro Group

MedPro Group is a wonderful company to work for. We work in a team of highly motivated, intelligent people who truly are dedicated to their jobs. MedPro has excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and 401K, PTO days and discount programs.

Pros

Great overall benefits, wonderful place to work.

Culture of nothing

The business pays well, great benefits. Very ethical, very disciplined, just not warm or exciting or fun. The culture is simply profit. VP's are given great latitude to simply decree things. Projects are often born and birthed in a vacuum which causes problems when other parts of the business are doing same/similar things.

Pros

Salary, benefits

Cons

Upper management tends to just do things or tell you exactly how to do things, not much free thinking encouraged or rewarded.

Good Company to work for

Underwriting department has built a culture that encourages learning and teamwork with room to advance. Management in underwriting is outstanding. As with any large company not all departments are as good.

Pros

On-site cafe and exercise room. Great 401K.

Cons

Besides UW, most departments are flat without room for advancement.

One of the worse places I worked

The job title seemed promising. I thought that working a few years as an associate underwriter would allow me to advance to an underwriting position. The job ended up being a glorified customer representative position and the advancement took FOREVER. The training is drawn out over a long period of time and if you do not enter into a training session on time, you have to wait until the next available training session. This scenario can easily set you back for at least a year. Without the completion of a training session, you are limited to the job duties assigned to you. They do not believe in training you outside the specialized training sessions which limits your advancement in the company. Going into the job with a bachelors and an associates degree along with some great previous job experience, my work duties were mundane and I was stuck answering the phone most of the day (customer service). The work environment is very cold and sterile.

Pros

Great gym!

Cons

Poor leadership, limited advancement and poor training.

IT Job Advancement Opportunities!

The wonderful thing about this company is that they love to hire from within! They will allow you to take any kind of training that you want and they will happily foot the bill! They love to see people happy with their jobs! The IT team at the Fort Wayne, Indiana office are AMAZING. They are the best kind of guys to work with!

Stay far , far ....Far away from medpro!!

The company has flashy talk - it's all bull! It's an endless cycle of planning after planning and NEVER any follow through. Like another reviewer said, there's a reason Medpro is CONSTANTLY hiring - the same positions over and over and over. High turnover that never seems to end. There's no clear career path. I'm on my way outta here - tired of spinning my wheels heading to nowhere. But...the pay is good...esp for doing next to nothing! Just shuffle stuff around all day.

Pros

you get paid to do nothing!

Cons

Too many to list

Productive and fun workplace environment

I learned how to develop management skills, and how to work on my toes independently. I enjoyed everyone I worked with, and they have helped me gain an enormous amount of knowledge to continue my career path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedPro Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.2Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight