MedSave USA Employee Reviews

Not much to say
Medical Field Scanner (Former Employee) –  Butler, PASeptember 4, 2018
It is what it is, last minute jobs going far distances sometimes. I mean being called in the AM to be told you are needed to go somewhere. Very unorganized, would get to a location and they would not be ready for me and were not told I was coming so would not have files ready so it would be a wasted trip out there so would not get paid for my efforts.
The Good and Bad
Upper management (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 4, 2017
They love to have food parties and very welcoming when it has to do with employees children. On the flip side the pay isn't that great and they expect a lot from the callers and over work the managers. There are some great leaders in the company but there are a lot of cut throat, and favoritism that goes on.
Pros
Food parties for every occation
Cons
Pay
Great learning expreince
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 20, 2017
Scheduled appointments for techs to go to doctors offices to retrieve medical records. Work place culture was positive the atmosphere was relaxed not tense.
Pros
Cons
Expensive Medical Benefits
Great employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  HauppaugeJune 3, 2017
how to retrieve medical data through portal through remote access. Work place culture is good positive. The hardest part was to set up scan tech appointments with the doctors offices.
Pros
Paid lunches at the end of the month
Cons
Lay offs
Temporary
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 13, 2017
This job was amazing, however their was long hours of sitting. The work environment was a great one to work in. I would love to work at med save again. Just the pay needs to be increased.
Not Professional staffs
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2017
They have a very terrible management staff and their supervisors can never do anything wrong. they change policies by the hour and review you base on the latest policy/guidelines with job done before changes! terrible place to work
Pros
None for me
Cons
Bad Management
High school environment, lack of real management or professionalism
Mrr3 (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 26, 2016
I worked for medsave retrieving medical records. I was never told there was a timetable on each list they handed out. There were fist fights on the customer service floor and people drinking alcohol while on the clock. People got up to get breakfast in the café after clocking in or ran to 7/11 or the liquor store with out permission while on the clock. I was fired the afternoon I complained because I was taking their calls and mine.
Pros
Healthcare, some bonuses, Christmas gifts
Cons
immature, sneaky people, poor management
Freedom to work when you want
Remote Certified HCC/Risk Adjustment Coder (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 15, 2016
The freedom to make my own schedule is the best part! I also love being able to be flexible about my schedule. It's definitely a job for someone who has a real life!
Great place to work when you have a great supervisor
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 6, 2016
i learned a lot about call centers.
my supervisor was outstanding.
my co-workers were friendly.
the hardest part of the job was sitting in my seat for long periods of time. which i can handle doing.
most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how diverse everyone was and how upbeat the environment got on a daily basis.
Pros
incentives
Cons
some favoritism, young company that's still learning and needs growing
Fast paced and great place to work, co workers and management work very well together.
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 4, 2016
Its a great company to work for, the IT support is great and always there for you when you need them. A day in the life would consist of calling the automated check in system to clock you in when arriving at site then setting up your workstation and getting to work.
Certified Professional Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY 11788March 5, 2016
Great management. They always listened and responded quickly to any ideas or concerns. Very transparent always knew how much work was available, hours worked and charts completed.
management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 16, 2015
- Need to be very proficient and good with spreadsheets, consist with your overall work
-Handle priorities in timely manner
Lack of direction and retention
Onsite Scanning Specialist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 8, 2015
Medsave is a business that has no leaders to help retention and employee moral. Work assignments are given out 7 hours before the appointment actually starts.
Medical Records Specialist
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2015
Good company to work for. The only issue is that Management changed in an monthly basis. Low salary. Easy work to be done in a daily basis. Good experience in Medical records.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
Low salary, Management change in a daily basis
good
Medical Records Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 12, 2015
Traveling to various medical facilities. Pulling medical information from numerous EMR that you're not familiar with but yet you adapt and adjust accordingly
Fast Paced environment
Director of Coding (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 23, 2015
Fast Paced Environment with a lot of work. Coding department is completely remote and not a bad place to work.
Hardest part of job is meeting deadlines for multiple departments simultaneously.
Very flexible
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company part time. They have flexible hours and they train you very well for your assignments.
Pros
flexible hours, bonuses, training
Cons
pay is not that great
Not bad in a pinch.
Medical Scanner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2015
The job is fairly simple and decent wage offered for the job. Training is quick and simple (2 days in class) if you follow instructions and are half competent. Management could use some work there is a major lack of communication from the Field Ops Manager to the PM's to the Techs in the field. The project Managers are good people but with the lack of a person on the ground outside of the home office state they are pretty hamstrung. No knowledge of travel time location or anything that isn't listed on their computer screen they put a lot of of what should be their responsibility off on the help desk. A few co-workers are decent and grasp the job quickly but the majority are hired through staffing agencies and are just a warm body to fill a space and not much more, lacking training and basic computer knowledge.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
need to have a manager within the territory to help with conflicts between provider, Techs and PM's in real time.
Amazing
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Happauge, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Honestly the best job i ever had unfortunately things got really slow towards the end but other then that it was awesome working for them .
Productive and fun workplace
Medical Records Auditor/ Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Working at medsave was fun, fast paced, and very productive. I was able to move up and gain more responsibility in my department due to my knowledge of the job and my leadership qualities. I went from an auditor to then helping and assisting project managers with daily functions to maintain a productive work environment. Which was my reason for promotion and pay increase.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
short lunch break