MedScope
2.8

MedScope Employee Reviews

United States38 reviews
Two fold compensation
It is a great part time job if you are going to school or have other business going on.
The elderly have some amazing stories and for the most part appreciate a visit from good people.
Better than nothing
1099 Medical alert delivery/install. Low per job payouts - burn gas and drive a lot in own car. Lots of calling to reach customer to set appointment Find something else
What a waste
This company preys on you to work for free and it’s always your fault. The customers who need the devices never answer their phones and never want you to go, given that the situation right now with the COVID-19 I understand why they don’t want people in their home. I always provided an update but the company still kept pressing for me to go. This company is trash and stay away, they said they would pay me for going out to customers homes and they never paid me. Thanks for nothing and I will make my money somewhere else.
They don't make any sense!
They promise you a very competitive pay but in reality you are the one who is getting robbed because u put a lot of effort and time and travel but in the end you car get depreciated, your fuel burns as far as the mileage goes, tires and brakes and engine wares off pretty much your not earning enough to accommodate your vehicle needs because of the salary they give you! DDon't get carried away
Really Nice Place to Work
This is a nice place to work. It's a beautiful office with kind people who want to help others. I find my supervisor to be supportive and my team (and other teams) really helpful. There is no mandatory overtime, we work from home at the holidays and in bad weather, they throw parties for employees. Some of the other comments on here make it sound like a bad place to work but it isn't. They only ask that you pull your weight and do your job which isn't a lot to ask. It's a shame people want to make them look bad.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Don't Work Here Unless You Are Homeless
First off all there are rats (snitches) in every corner of this company and report every last detail to their superior none other than teen wolf herself in HR. They claim that people dont do enough and reward the people that do nothing. The install coordination team is over worked and only 1 person there really puts in work shes the goat but yet they praised some guy who eventually had an accident at work that i think was staged i dont know im just saying. The customer service team never has people because no one wants to work for the bald headed supervisor they hired. I question the company for hiring her because as soon as she got hired she went on leave talking about she didnt know she was pregnant. Last but not least you have the mean girls club upstairs thinking they are better than everyone with their food stealing selves. Only a few real ones in this company. Save yourself..
They act like nice people but are not
Easy job for low pay for industry. Keep eyes open when working for the snakes. No room for growth unless you want to kiss butt and work for free all the time
Interesting to meet different people on daily bases.
I have some flexibility in setting appointments which helps to be able to do other things when neeeded. The profit is not high but enjoy going new places and meeting new people. This is a part-time job and there is no chance of advancement, since I do not work at the company. I work out of an office in my house and enjoy that. I have to manage my data and appointments but no supervisory management. I get to see all types of people in different settings in their home. Interesting job but the assignments are not consistent; sometimes heavy and sometimes very slow.
Not worth the time
Work not consistent, They hold money back, your Responsible for setting client appointments,Clients are hard to get a hold of and sometimes not home when you show up you do not get paid for that
Not much to offer
There is not much room for advancement and morale is at an all-time low. Benefits are not so hot either. There is a 90 day waiting period for medical insurance, only 6 company holidays, no tuition reimbursement or career development, and no training. The owners mostly stay in their area where employees are not permitted to enter unless you are requested to see them.
Dead end job
Medscope will work you as hard as they can get away with. The have you working on a time table and they add stops to your route and not time and the staff at the stop will screw you around and make you run late and then the supervisor want to know why your always late. Its always your fault.
Good part-time work; not enough pay
Good part-time job' freedom to set appointments; support from management; pay could be better but it was a good fill in as a part time job. Good support from management; pay was too low.
Company full of surprises
As a contracted installer, the workload was a hit or miss every week. Lots of work one week and no work the next. Multiple times I had Many issues getting paid for work completed. I remember times where I have waited over months for payments of jobs completed totaling over hundreds dollars... Not once either. It is easy work though, *IF the units works. Yes, IF the unit works. Company has no idea about their own product(s). You are better off going to the manufacturer for the correct information on these devices. If you are looking for this type of work, do a search in your area before you apply here. I'm sure you can find an identical company available with better treatment.
Pros
side money
Cons
Working for this company
Poor Management/No Stability or Benefits
Your on your own. There's no stability in work flow. The communication is very bad. People leave constantly. The pay is very low for all the work that needs to be done.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Using your own transportation & gas
great side job
Great supplemental income. They pay you per delivery, and most stops only take 10-15 minutes. The home office folks are really nice and will work with you to get the amount of work you want. Not quite full-time tho. But can schedule stuff around your other jobs or if you just want some good pay for part time flexible work. People need the product so sure don't feel bad about helping people set them up and testing them and getting on my way!
Hardly No Work
What's the point of this job if I have to keep sending back devices that customers don't even order. The job doesn't even pay mileage, only per device and you will hardly get installs if you have to keep sending them back to the company.
Terrible
I really wish i could give 0 stars.These people are the worst. they prey on senior citizens that do not need what they sell but yet they somehow talk them into it. Most will not even know what you are talking about when you try to set your appointments.
Customer service is the worst most of your alarms will have to be sent back because they are junk and will not work. If you try to make a delivery

and the alarm won't connect you don't get paid until weeks later when they get the device back. They can say and do anything they want to hold your money . I had to wait 8 weeks before i got paid for a job. the coordinators don't even know what's going on. You are paid 1 rate,you use your gas,your car to go to god knows where. Most of the time they don't even have good addresses on the boxes. If you like working with idiots,and technicians who get aggravated easily this is the job for you.
Efforts did not match the reward.
Got little or bad information on customer to make a successful contact. When contact was made, 80% of the customers refused the equipment. You are only paid on a successful installation.
Pros
Work when you want.
Cons
Low rate of success
Lack of organization and common to experience miscommunication and mistakes from shipping department and management
Installers were paid $25 per unit installed up to a 25 mile radius of our homes. A payment of $40 was to be paid for locations beyond 25 miles away. One big problem was the lack of consistency with the amount of units that were being installed each week. Some weeks there were none and other weeks maybe up to 4. Installers could schedule appointments around their own schedule, but installers had to call customers to arrange a convenient time with customers so difficulties arose when units were expected to be installed quickly, but sometimes the units would not be received in the mail by the installer in time to actually install them when they were desired by the installer and customer. I began to wait until I had the actual unit in my possession before calling the customer. It became difficult to schedule appointments when units were delayed in shipping, but management expected them to be installed within a short timeframe. I thought that it would be an ideal part-time job at first, but I realized that it became too challenging to plan to complete only on one day off from my regular weekly job. More time was needed to call customers, complete paperwork, package equipment to return as well as actually deliver the units. It wasn't worth my time to do all of that to sometimes only make $25 or less in a week.
Great Contract Work
I recently just started as an independent contractor with MedScope and I must say that I enjoy it very much. The job itself isnt complicated and is a great source of supplemental income. Overall, it easy and you meet good people. I enjoy working with the elderly and thus far Medscope staff has been professional and supportive.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Defective devices
Lack of work
Worked a total of 7 job installations in 6 months. Then management expects you to drop what you are doing at other higher paying jobs and service their customers. They give you the impression when you start working for them it will pay at least 2 to 3 hundred dollars a month. Real joke of any minimum pay.
Pros
Cons
No work, not worth $25 a month standby