MedSpeed Employee Reviews

Just a job, and not a career.
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 18, 2019
With the changing culture at Medspeed things like Pay,health plan, and PTO have became worse. Morale at the Fairfax location is low, but the job itself it’s a hard job but just soul crushing after a long period. High turn over rate
Pros
Get off on time or a bit earlier
Cons
Pay, lack of breaks, just a number, lack of advancement
Child like micro-managment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 26, 2019
Start off with company orientation says team and family then have high school like drama. Culture suppose to be good, but turns into bad environment after you work awhile. Management cause tension between employees to create bad environment. Manager worries about vehicle cleanliness but does not provide materials to clean them. Then complains about hours if you take extra time to do it. I had to purchase a vacuum and cleaning stuff to keep it clean. Other employees are allowed to leave vehicles dirty and they expect you to clean up after them. There is a big favoritism problem within the company and it is created by the manager. People leave constantly because management is so poorly done. Management always complaining about loosing money. Vehicle maintenance is never do e on time. They automatically take a lunch from you weather there is a opportunity to take one or not. Management openly tells you that you must break speed limit to accomplish the job in proper time. Tells you if you won't then maybe they should find someone else to do the job. Hostel work environment. Have company lunches but gear them towards their favorite employees that won't even do extra stuff to get jobs complete.
Pros
Cons
No breaks automatically Lunch without opportunity to have one.
Medspeed
Logistics Service Operator (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNMarch 25, 2019
The location I work at everyone is positive and works as a team couldn’t ask for better coworkers than that...

Current management is great and brings positive vibes couldn’t ask for a better place to work...
Day at work is different every day.
LSR (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 24, 2019
aTYPICAL TAY AT WORK IS coming into a different set of guidelines and routes and timing. Don't get the same route very often, and have VERY LITTLE NOTICE of our schedule. Sometimes I have left work on Friday and did not yet have my schedule for next week posted. The schedule changes almost daily. Management feels that we are competitively payed, and are not open to more than the $ .20 per hour that all LSR's receive no matter how we do our routes, nor how available we are to help and fillin during last minute emergency's.
We must ALWAYS note onour report at the end of our day tha we did not take lunch, asother wise the company automatically deduct 1/2 hour for lunch, even tho there is NO TIME allotted in the route schedule to take that 1/2 hour lunch. Most of us do not get a chance for lunch.
Pros
It is a paycheck
Cons
No time for lunch, and no opportunity for advancement
Do not recommend
CSA (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMarch 22, 2019
Medspeed was by far the worst job that I've ever had. It's a very stressful workplace with an environment that is horrible. The people that work there act like they're in high school. The managers never answer their phones during critical times, and the drivers act like they don't want to do their jobs. Medspeed doesn't give you the proper training to know how to truly do your work and they take on new clients when they already have other issues. If you don't mind being in an environment that's unprofessional and stressful then go for it. If you like drama from time to time then go for it.
Pros
Benefits, lunch and break time
Cons
Everything, managers, work environment, training, etc.
It is a very good place to work
LSR (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHMarch 16, 2019
I love my job at Med Speed but the only problem is the low pay. I was working 50 plus hours and next month I will only be getting 35 hours a week and I will not be able to make it on the pay. This is a great job if you are retired and want to make extra money to supplement your income but as a person who only had this income its not good.
Pros
Managers are great, great job training, non-stressful job except driving in rush hour
Cons
Low pay
Poor management
LSR/courier (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 13, 2019
Some routes are pretty easy others are more difficult depending on your stops, volume of specimens and or supplies you pick up and drop off. Mod routes are the easiest they basically sit around til dispatch calls them for a job, but it's hard to get those routes. Most routes are afternoon shifts which is not appealing to most. Vision and dental benefits are great but medical is ridiculously expensive with high co pays. Management don't listen and there is a lot of favoritism. They don't care when you are sick or have personal things going on all they care if the job gets done they don't care about their employees at all. With out employees they'd have nothing, but treat them poorly and do not care about their health yet we are in the medical field and should not be in contact with people that have lowered immune systems if we are sick. They are making up random policies we are supposed to follow. No positive feed back ever. Co workers are mostly nice
Pros
I like that I get to drive all day, listen to my music and no boss breathing down my back
Cons
Low wages compared to competitors and poor management
Logistics Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDMarch 4, 2019
I would still be working for Medspeed if I had chosen to relocate.
I have no complaints, and if I ever have the opportunity to work for them again id take it.
Leadership does not listen to opinions of others
Director (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILFebruary 21, 2019
Big company still being run as small. Poor benefits for employees. Job security not great. Very cliquey environment - if you don't universally agree with leadership even if they ask for your opinion, don't tell them or you will have a black mark against you.
Pros
Nice people worrk here
Cons
Want yes MEN vs. people with actual opinions
Every day is the same, but different
Logistics Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNFebruary 19, 2019
You have your assigned route picking up specimens from area hospitals and clinics. After running the same route over and over it becomes second nature and it feels like you're getting paid to just drive around. From time to time you get an additional stop, or the weather is less than favorable which just goes to change up the daily routine of the job.
Dont Work Here
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 10, 2019
Managers don't care about your life outside work. If you tried to do something fun and ended up getting hurt (Like breaking your leg) you would get fired. Or say you were going to be out for a couple of weeks due to a surgery they would fire you.
Cons
Pay, management, benefits
Extremely poor Management
Logistic Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 28, 2019
Probably one of, if not the worst company I have ever worked for. No communication from Management, changes will be made without notifying the drivers. You may show up at work to your scheduled shift to find out that your route has changed or you no longer have a certain route.

Management is also non existent unlesss they have something negative to address. No encouragement, no positive feedback.

The job itself is ok at best. You do the same thing every day, good about it are the people you work with and the customers. Pay is ok, but could be better.
Pros
Steady work, good coworkers (for the most part)
Cons
Management, pay, benefits
Don't apply
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 3, 2019
Very bad management, was treated unfairly, they would never help me when I would ask,they favor employees, they are just a bad company to work for the clients are rude to you, they will make up stories and complain about you if you don't suck up to them, and the company will believe them no matter what the employee's word means nothing to management. You don't wanna work for this company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Awful management, favortism of certain employees, treatment of couriers by clients
Don't bother
Logistics Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 29, 2018
The job itself is simple, but the people that LSRs deal with make it difficult. Medical staff are often rude, condescending, sarcastic, and talk down to couriers. Co-workers are also rude and unhelpful. Communication between management and LSRs is unclear and unprofessional. Often they have to be reminded to do the things they say they are going to do.

The pay is nowhere near a living wage for the DC area, and benefit plans were recently scrapped in favor of cheaper plans with much higher deductibles. The company's main interest is saving money, and it shows.
Pros
Easy job routines.
Cons
People, bad pay.
Do not work here
MEDICAL COURIER (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 22, 2018
Never had a more stressful job in my life. I did everything they wanted me to do and then they lay me off when they are always hiring. seems very odd to me.
Pros
bonus
Cons
getting calls every 2 minutes
Poor Management
LSR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
The job is stressful, members of management are hard to work with. They tell you to call if you need help but when you do call they don't answer. And if they do answer for you they have major attitude and they more than likely don't have the answer you need. They don't properly train their employees and the pay is very low compared to other companies doing the same thing.
The only good thing is that you get a bonus every 3 months (if they don't find a reason to shorten the amount you get.) But in January 2019 the bonus they give every 3 months will be taken away. And the new starting pay will be $11.37 per hour if they started you at $10.50 per hour.
Pros
Bonus every 3 months.
Cons
Low Pay, Unprofessional Management, Lack of Communication.
rewarding place to work and good coworkers
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCNovember 28, 2018
I was responsible for delivering pharmaceuticals between various hospitals as well as a few mail items. Sometimes there was a lot of cases and a long wait for them to be released into my custody which made it more stressful for me to quickly load and unload in order to stay on schedule. Management didn't show much appreciation for your hard work and effort but coworkers are really good. most enjoyable part of job was the interaction with people you are working with and the satisfaction of a job well done.
Pros
good people to work with, a chance to out and about instead of being stuck in the same place day after day.
Cons
pay, appreciation from management, benefits
Fair place to work
Lsr (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 14, 2018
Good place to work, I just don't want to drive in the winter after having done it for 6 years. Job was fairly enjoyable. Management was fair and still learning themselves.
Pros
Being un supervised
Cons
Winter driving
Fast paced job with long hours.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 6, 2018
You will always be busy and never bored, for me that was great. We often had lunches that were paid for by the company. Your manager will make or break your happiness at this job. It's very rewarding and not too hard, but expect to work long hours and be on call 24/7 in a leadership/operations role. Averaged 50-80 hours per week.
Pros
Never boring, some room for advancement quickly if you are able to relocate
Cons
Management will make or break you, expect to work more than 40 hours every week, 24/7 on call.
Intern
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 11, 2018
I was at MedSpeed as an intern for a couple summers in college. They are a very cool company with a great model of success. I would recommend this company to anyone.