MedSpring Urgent Care Employee Reviews

The Meat Grinder
X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2018
This place will works you like a slave. You’re seeing 30-40 patients a day with only one person to help you and if that person helps. You’re on call three times a month and plan on being called in due to employees calling out daily. Patient care and assigned duties are just the tip of the ice berg. You will answer calls, answer unnecessary emails, and after a 13 plus hour shift you will have to throw all the trash in the center. This company promises growth but they are opening and closing centers every six months. Management at Medspring is a complete joke. If you’re straight out of school this might be for you. Anyone else with two years experience in the medical field don’t even bother. Oh and if you decide to eat make sure you can eat on the run, your only breaks are if there is any downtime which is hardly never.
Pros
Cons
Poor management lazy burnt out employees
Bottom line numbers company
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Company needs to pay more attention to quality rather than quantity. If you focus too much on profit and being in the black versus patient care and the quality of personal driving outstanding quality patient care you will have a hard time achieving your overall mission goals to include company profits
Management is horrible especially there lady rhat just took over the "care coordination at the corporate office!!!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2018

THROW THERE SOME COMPANY AWAY!!

I bust my butt at that job, they have there pics and chooses.
x ray tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2018
Great management and great co workers. Provides good benefits and employee discounts for many hotels and entertainment. I have a very flexible schedule and I can also swap with co workers and pick up over time.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
On call shifts
Attentive to employees work needs
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 20, 2018
Great place to work, one team philosophy, great pay and benefits, attentive to scheduling needs, keeps employees up to date with company policies and changes
Poor management
RT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
Honestly I would not recommend anyone work here unless you are just starting out. They are opening and closing centers because they can not figure out how to be profitable. Constant changing in direction for one manager to another with no stability. One day you are told to do something one way the next day you get in trouble for doing it that way. There is NO balance between work and home life at all. Short staffed so expect to be called in on you on call day no matter what, and expect a phone call when you arent schedule oncall. If you dont answer or refuse on your off day you are put in the dog house and your schedule screwed up the next month. Schedules are a nightmare and if you bring it up you get told "well at least you have hours so deal with it" you can put pto requests in on time but dont expect to get them no matter what you do. only good thing was the people to work with half the time are great, other half they are so burned out they dont help at all.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
long shifts low pay poor management
use to be fun
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Was a great place too work when I first started has just gone downhill from there many changes not keeping the employee's informed about changes changing things at last minute pertaining to our bonusus
Cons
no breaks
Aaghhh
Contracting Analyst/Sr Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2018
i do not want to do this-I just want to load my resume and look or a job. This new thing is annoying and makes me not want to use this site. OMG this is ridiculous.
Worst Place EVER!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I worked in customer service thinking i would be able to become a medical assistant. They wanted customer service to handle insurance issues, schedule appointments, and patients would call in asking for test results. Customer service reps are supposed to tell patients sorry your insurance didnt cover that, patients would get angry and we cant transfer them to the people who actualy handle insurance claims. The people who handle insurance claims left little to no notes on why patients insurances had issues and it made us look stupid. Scheduling patients was fine, easy peasy but when you are sending me 50 notes to do and all your notes are open and you should be doing them while handling calls and call this patient and let them know their insurance wont pay. Patients also called us to get test results from us, strep tests, xrays, etc. We are customer service and not medical staff so we can not tell them their results. We have to transfer them to the doctor they saw and the doctor would get angry with us every time i transferred patients to them because they are busy seeing other patients, patient looking for results are now because we cant tell them. Medical assistants cant tell them either because they dont have the proper medical training. Medical assistants are also supposed to give patients IV's. They have too many jobs for one person. They need to hand out their jobs more so its quicker and easier for their workers. They need a RN at each location who can give patients IV's and test results. When it came time for me to do that job that i wanted and initially agreed on, they  more... said sorry, cant do that.  less
Good place if your a hard worker
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Good place to work, good pay and room to grow. Only thing is your over work, not alot of help and no real lunch brake. You see 20 to 40 patients a day, some locations it could be more.
burnt out quick
Certified Medical Assistant (CCMA) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2018
medspring was a great company to work for when I started, now management seems to not care about their employees. the expect you to see 40-50 patients a day with no extra help and no time to have a little bit of a break.
Pros
dicsounted service
Toxic Environment to Work
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2018
The management at Medspring is very toxic and stressful. Management does not understand the concept of growing their team and can be very cut throat at some times.
Great place
Medical Assistant - Front Desk and Back Office (Current Employee) –  DFWDecember 28, 2017
Absolutely love working for Medspring. It has it's good and bad but for the most part I loved this job and they work with you the best that they can. I would highly recommend to everyone.
Pros
Great hours, will work with you.
Cons
Some coworkers have bad attitudes and can be difficult to work with but most are great.
Needs improvement
Physician Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 24, 2017
Used to be a great work environment until we "merged" with another urgent care company, then things went south. There is no communication within the company and it feels like any day now my position could get eliminated as others have.
Learning experince
X ray technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2017
I loved working at Med spring. Ally of people had bad things to say but I truly enjoyed since it was my first job out of school. I learned a lot from there it was very much hands on. The only bad thing for me was the hours and working weekends . The hours didn't work with my life
Providers
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 21, 2017
Medspring is a nice place to work, however their salaries, bonus structure and lack of PTO are not up to par. The management is pretty good, staff needs more training.
good
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2017
No PTO and have to work 2 weekends a month, that is the worst part. They are very customer service oriented which is fine but they put the customers first before their own.
Urgent Care Physician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2017
Great and hard working employees, team mentality. Patient satisfaction is a priority and sets it apart from competitors. Competitive compensation, benefits are good.
Balance of work and home life
Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2017
The company is great. Management works well with you to take any time that is needed for yourself or others in your family. Time requested off doesn't have to include PTO time. The schedule can always be rearrange to accommodated anyone needs.
Pros
Cons
three day work week
the bad outweighs the good
provider (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 18, 2017
job is straight forward. see patients, get them in and out. The company is all about the numbers and "patient satisfaction" scores. they will put satisfaction above over practicing good medicine. Pay is good. However you are working at least 2 full weekends a month. There is no PTO/vacation. No CME days. Most of the offices are open 365 days a year, where you will work most major holidays including thanksgiving and xmas.
Pros
coworkers are mostly great to work with