MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Environment at MGUH
Patient Registration Associate-Transplant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at MGUH, is fast paced.
I have learned patience, and to stay
calm under high stress. Work place
culture is diverese, the hardest part
of my job is the trip to get to work.
The most enjoyable part of my job
is make others smile.
Stressful
Patient Precertification Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2018
Work environment was stressful. Did not truly care about the employee and their needs. Expected you to do a 3 person job so that they didn't have to hire anyone else.
Management team needs sensitivity training and techniques in team building.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2018
If I had to do it all over again, I would not work with this particular department. I wouldn't refer anyone to the current department I work for. Management team has poor skill quality and upper level management consistently show a disregard for staff.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Short breaks, high turnovers, poor management skills and no room for growth.
Productive, fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
I generally loved working for Med Star! Very nice company. They treat their employees good, I only left due to a better paying opportunity. Which I wish I would have re thought at the end of the day.
Learning Environment and Untrained Management
Medical Assistant Temp (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2018
I learned a lot working there. Management was just untrained and cutthroat. The Dr's there are fantastic. The staff was really nice with helping you with whatever it is that you needed help with.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Low Pay
decent place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 28, 2018
there's still a lot to improve and too much waste. Instead use it to encourage their employee give them more training for their career to improve their life.
Productive work environment with room to grow
Patient Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2018
Register between 30-80 patients a day, I learn about the different parts of Medicare and Medicaid. Several different insurance companies and there regulations. I was able to be amongst many different culture backgrounds. I enjoyed making conversation with the patients and just making there day go by smooth. I enjoyed helping wherever needed.
Good place to be a student
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2018
Great place to be a student. You are surrounded by lots of knowledgable and friendly therapists. Get lots of opportunities to learn a lot and grow as a student.
Management needs to be more stern on the rules
Food Service Worker II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
GUH is a great place but management in my particular department lets my co-workers get away with alot of things. But other than that its a great place to work at.
Pros
Free Lunch, co-workers, benefits
horrible experience
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2018
The staff on C6 was horrible. I'm not a new nurse. I'm used to working as a team. It was like working with mean girls. The manager wasn't honest. The male day shift tech refused to help with my patients. Stood there and watched a sports game. I was glad when this assignment was over
Cons
hostile work environment

Want to know more about MedStar Georgetown University Hospital?

Ask a question
Very friendly work environment
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2018
The work environment is lovely. A typical day is spent calling many patients and getting them scheduled to come in for evaluations. I love my patients
Pros
Get to help people
Cons
Short staffed
Racist/Gender biased
Operation Room Suite Attendant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2018
This place is very gender biased. The men are allowed To get away with everything under the sun. While the females have to work there butts off to keep their jobs. I would not recommend this place.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
great place to work or to learn
Assist the invasive cardiologist/ peripheral (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2018
Gorgetown university hospital is a very great place for student to learn. The team cath are being good atittude toward the students. They work together and I think the team work is what I observe more among each others.
Excellent hospital
Physician (Former Employee) –  Washington DCApril 27, 2018
This is a hospital and I am unclear why this needs to be reviewed. The hospital employs many physicians. They are fair, knowledgable and experts in their
Good Pay, Bad upper level management
Patient Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2018
Depending on the department, management can appear to have many issues. They tend to try to please upper management instead of focusing on their employees until its too late. Promotion from within is only given when in deperate need of someone to fill the position. High turnover for nurses and clinical staff.
Pros
Pay and PTO
Cons
Management and Promotions
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2018
Enjoyed coming to work each day, parking off campus is a downfall of working at Medstar Georgetown. The employees are great to work with ( teamwork is highly encouraged) and I have a very good manager.
Clerical, Clinical cross over
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 22, 2018
I work with many different people from administrators, doctors to patient family members. It is never a dull day! Yet, overall I love my job and really enjoy working on my floor even though it can be tough. I have learned a lot professionally and have grown in many ways.
first job
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2018
I work at this hospital as a student and while passing my board exams. Very high pace facility! I learned a lot about my field which in return gave me the experience to work any where as a RRT.
Productive workplace
Patient Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 18, 2018
Good place to work at with good Benefits. Nice management. Kind employees. Comfortable environment. A very busy workplace. The only downside is that the department has no windows since is located on a ground floor. Overall It's a good place to work.
Workplace
Payment Posting Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 13, 2018
The opportunity for advancement is great at this company however, it's extremely difficult for African Americans to get the higher paying long term positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight