MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
70Average

MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA21 reviews
Off-site out-patient office
Working at GUH Medstar was a great experience I was in a position to meet interesting people and be able to assist them to the best of my ability and beyond. Cosmetic Dermatology was introduced. I learned how to administer Laser treatment. The staff from management to co-workers for the better part were a delight to work with and under. Like a family member you don't always agree. The hardest part of the job was being talked down to by those over you. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients.
Pros
holidays
Cons
micro-managing
Rewarding Environment
I have learned a lot and been allowed to think outside of the box trying new ideas. I have had great leadership who has listened to our departments needs and worked diligently to assist when needed.
My experience at MGUH
I am a nurse in an administrative postion at Georgetown. Typical day starts with assessing my priorities and reviewing my email. I write appeal letters in response to insurance denials. Since the information is available electronically I am able to work from home 3 days which is wonderful because I have 2 teenagers who can not yet drive and they are very involved in sports. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the work so that I can recover the maximum amount of funds for the hospital. Recovering funds for the hospital is very satisfying I feel like I am contributing to the mission of the hospital. I am thankful for the people I work with everyone cares about each other and works as a team.
great place
Most days are very productive. Everyone works together well. This is a very professional environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and seeing so many friendly faces everyday.
Workplace
The opportunity for advancement is great at this company however, it's extremely difficult for African Americans to get the higher paying long term positions.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Free ongoing training and development offered
A very fast-paced environment answering phones and providing customer service to MedStar staff and applicants.

I learned how to multitask while providing an excellent level of customer service.

MedStar's culture promoted staff team bonding and building.

The hardest part of the job was becoming accustomed to ending the workday at the exact same time each day, with at time resulted in a lack of job satisfaction in being able to provide the highest level of customer service.

The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving feedback regarding the degree of assistance and level of customer service that was provided.
Pros
Excellent training and development offered by the orginazation.
Cons
Inability to work beyond an 8 hour each day.
There's no growth with Medstar Georgetown University Hospital and they over work you and don't want to compensate you for the work that y you
This company is a ok to work for but there's no room for growth with Medstar Georgetown University Hospital and they tend to over work you and don't want to compensate you for the work that you do.
Very flexible work schedule
When given the opportunity to work at the agency, one can create their own schedule and communicate this with the staffing coordinator. The staffing agency becomes very helpful and convenient when one does not have a full time/permanent job.
One of the best places to work at
Love working here and will recommend it for anyone who wants an opportunity to learn and grow. Good coworkers and friendly environment. I'm just looking for other opportunities to grow more and learn new things.
Medstar
working with the people around me is enjoyable but the management needs improvement, more structure, and organization. Benefits are awesome. Work schedule is great.
Awesome Work Enviroment!
Working for this company is nothing short of amazing. working here has gave me plenty of knowledge and plenty of opportunities for growth. This company is all for proper knowledge of your job description and the training is phenomenal.
Good Salary..
I can say that I make a good salary here, and it's in a good location. Co-workers are great, and most people have been working here for a long time.
alright
very crowdwed andunorganized, management does not appreciate employees. but on the other hand this hospital have good benefits to employees but have not seen any future plan for employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no appreciation to employees by mangmt
Great Place
Greatly enjoyed working at Georgetown. The pharmacy staff was extremely friendly, and easy to work with. It was a great team, with a great management staff.
My job is a fun and good place to work.
It is a nice place to work.
I love my job because learn something knew everyday.

My management is a nice if I need his help he is there.

My co-worker great people to work with. We help each other.

The hardest part is meeting the deadline.

When I complete my job.
Arlington location should be reported for unfair labor laws
The Hospital and the Billing Offices are at two different locations and the atmospheres are two different worlds. The billing offices are all about quotas. The quality of your work does not matter only the quantity. I can't count how many employees have left the billing offices to either join the hospital staff or find a new career all together. Management does not take the time to properly train you but you are still expected to perform accurately. They don't take into consideration that some processes take longer than others to complete; all they want to see is that their numbers were completed. They want you to make up any time that you take off from work even if you have accumulated the leave hours. I was marked as unscheduled leave when metro closed due to the snowy weather and so many hours of unscheduled leave gets you a write up. Metro was my only way to work so I should not have been punished for that. They all around abuse their power. Apply to the hospital in DC not the billing offices in Arlington VA.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, great health benefits, generous compensation
Cons
poor management, unrealistic quotas, more work than employees can process
awesome
love the company great place to work. management is really friendly and understanding.
Nice place to work
Nice place to work, good benefits and 40 hours a week or more. Location close to metro stop
Pros
Job security
Cons
Overall Medstar is a good company to work for. They are great with customer service.
A typical day at work included posting all of the current EFT Payments that came in on a daily basis. Also had to stay of Unidentified payments and clarifying who the payments belong to. Setting up refunds if needed and speaking to various insurance companies regarding critical billing issues. Also had various billing reports that needed to be completed daily. Assisting co-works with any billing issues or concerns before going to the supervisor.
Pros
Teamwork was a major part of meeting deadlines
Cons
Needed more help
Family Oriented
Room for growth; lots of learning and knowledge to be obtained
Interesting and fun work place
I had some nice experience and we exposed to other resources to become better in my positions held