MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive work days
Patient Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2019
A typical day at work for me is scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements and organizing daily calendars for the Chief and Director on the Lombardi Cancer Center. Also, I manage 10 admin assistants.
Pros
Great Benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2019
I loved working as a lab runner and escorting patients to different places. The lunch hours were good and reasonable. I was offered more hours and also more responsibilities.
Pros
Reasonable lunch hours
benefits
Stressful
Central Scheduling Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2019
Management can care less about work life balance. No room to grow or advance in any other position unless you are shown favor. during winter season there is no regard of safety for employees or the option to complete a job that can be worked from home.
Excellent place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2019
I consider myself lucky that I always had the support of my managers to learn more. incentives to learn and do better. It's fun when one enjoys what one does..I sure did!!
Pros
excellent physicians
Cons
not a lot of parking spaces
Improvement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2019
Establishment needs to improve the onboarding process for new hires. Training process needs to improve. Over all Medstar Georgetown is a great establishment for patient care.
Pros
Room for Advancement
Cons
Revolving Door
Great work environment for one advancing his or her career.
Lead Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2019
Medstar Georgetown University Hospital is a great place to advance your career. It has very professional and commendable staff, and loving patients. I would recommend anyone to further their career at Medstar.
Productive and fun place to work.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2019
Medstar is a great place to work. Every staff is work friendly and easy to work with, making the job less stressful and managable. I'd recommend Medstar to everyone.
Good Pay, Poor management
Central Scheduling Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2018
No matter how good a company is, poor management will always run good employee's away. No room for advancement, and the amount of disrespect you receive from patients really makes you doubt everything. I can see if you are dying but not over something small should you be calling being disrespectful. You cant go to management because all they do is spread your business through the office. Management doesn't fight for you instead they throw you under the bus when they see fit or to make themselves look better in front of their bosses.
Pros
Good pay, good hours, pays the bills
Cons
hard time if you dont kiss the managements behind
Love
Lead Patient Registration Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 13, 2018
Medstar Geogetown University Hospital is an awesome company to work for. It's Just time for a change. The parking situation is too much to deal with.
Great Place to Work
Account Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2018
Wonder place to work. My overall experience has been positive even on the challenging days. Management has come a long way since I started over 5years ago. I have seen an 75% turn around in the positive. I am grateful to work here.
I may recommend
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2018
Dead end position they only promote clinical staff and positions i love the people there though the day to day work is basically the same everyday not too challenging.
great to employees
American Mobile Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2018
very good place to work, caring people, MD's and staff interested in teaching and educating staff in new procedures, I would recommend working at this hospital, it a RN wants to learn the most updated information in the health care industy
Laugh out loud
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2018
I really can’t say nothing good about Georgetown honestly, you have to work there and find out for yourself, Medstar Georgetown hospital not what you think it is.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, Hr
Good job with competitive benefits package
Locksmith1 (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 30, 2018
I advanced from maintenance mechanic to Locksmith1. Medstar is a very large corporation. Our department's management has been challenging. I've learned that healthcare can be a rewarding career. My favorite part of the job is having great comradery. Medstar offers a very diverse working culture.
Pros
Union position
No parking
Former patient care (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 30, 2018
Be aware employees are not allowed to park in the Hospital, then you have to take the metro and two buses to go to the Hospital or park in Virginia.
It's HORRIBLE.
Benefits
Cons
Manager and parking
Ob/gyn was a good department to work for
Department of OB GYN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2018
This was a good department to work for. The managers care about the employees well being and are very supportive. The work load was managable. I would highly reommed geoge town
This Hospital is very advanced and very good hospital.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2018
I admire the Management. I got more experience if instrument assembling and Decontamination. The hardest part of the job is Decontamination. The most enjoyable part of the job and my favorite is assembling.
Pros
i appreciate the Management
Cons
nothing
Medical Assistant /Receptionist
Medical Assistant /Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2018
Provided customer service, retrieved, sorted and distributed both inner-office and postal mail and FedEx packages, scheduled appointments, chart compilation, checked patients in/out, verified insurance, collected co-pay, and prepped IVs.
Cool workplace
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2018
It can get stressful sometimes at Georgetown but over all its a good place to work. It's more friendly people there than it is mean. It's a fast paced work environment at times but you kind of get used to it
Worked part time in radiology and mri was always chaotic because vip’s were catered to over regular insurance paying patients.
Radiologic Technologist/ Mri technologist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2018
Work schedule was always chaotic.
Manager was abusive verbally in the presence of patients.
I enjoyed learning new protocols from the teaching environment
Pros
People were friendly
Cons
Work schedule was chaotic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss