MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Employee Reviews

Do it their way
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2018
Do it their way or no way.No room for suggestions or retribution will follow for insubordination. Tow the company line and do not make friends or pay for that too.
Plastic Surgery
Patient Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2018
The environment seems pleasurable and conducive until you settle in and being to learn the ends and outs of that department. There is no growth, there is no support from manage, and there is no teamwork. Everyone has to fend for themselves and the management is non existent. Personally, I would stay away from this department if you ar looking for career growth.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Work environment/management
Clinical Trials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2018
It is a very divers work environment and a good place to work if your under great management. Working for this company you will learn about life and the importance of working with other people.
Excellent Physicians and Engaged Hospital Leadership
Executive Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2018
The medical care provided at this hospital was fantastic. The highest levels of the executive leadership team were inclusive in their strategic visions and very helpful to assist as needed/asked. All levels of the hospital were very approachable. Some lower level employees were unprofessional.
Understanding
Lead, Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 31, 2018
Medstar is a company that is continuously growing. The upper management team is very accessible, you can talk to them about anything. The tuition reimbursement program has helped with my success in the healthcare industry.
Great culture of grand ideas, poor execution
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2018
Leadership seems strongly driven to improve patient experience and the hospital as a whole. They do, however, tend to tell people how to do the jobs they hired these folks to do. If your suggestion as the accountable/responsible associate does not fit their expectation, they will tell you how to do it, regardless of your initial plans or recommendations. Their motivations are pure, but execution tends to be dismal.

Truly a patient first environment, but also pretty competitive. I have had multiple leaders who don't allow their direct reports to shine and thrive, instead they take the credit and micro-manage that person to be in the know about exactly what they are doing.

Parking is also offsite in Roslyn for many associates (certainly all new associates) must park in a garage, walk to the shuttle bus stop, ride the bus to campus, and then either ride a golf cart or walk up a 1/4 mile hill to the hospital campus.

Overall rewarding work, but there's some frustration when your own leadership becomes an obstacle to success.
Pros
Good benefits, Great culture
Cons
Poor management techniques, offsite employee parking
Nice Place
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed working here and they take really good care of their patients and employees. The support we recieved as employees was great and as a result this is past on to their patients.
Pros
support
Cons
management
Working at MGUH...
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2018
Great place to work and has a lot of opportunities. If you plan on furthering your education and seeking growth within the facility. This is the perfect career choice.
Environment at MGUH
Patient Registration Associate-Transplant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at MGUH, is fast paced.
I have learned patience, and to stay
calm under high stress. Work place
culture is diverese, the hardest part
of my job is the trip to get to work.
The most enjoyable part of my job
is make others smile.
Stressful
Patient Precertification Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2018
Work environment was stressful. Did not truly care about the employee and their needs. Expected you to do a 3 person job so that they didn't have to hire anyone else.
Management team needs sensitivity training and techniques in team building.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2018
If I had to do it all over again, I would not work with this particular department. I wouldn't refer anyone to the current department I work for. Management team has poor skill quality and upper level management consistently show a disregard for staff.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Short breaks, high turnovers, poor management skills and no room for growth.
Productive, fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
I generally loved working for Med Star! Very nice company. They treat their employees good, I only left due to a better paying opportunity. Which I wish I would have re thought at the end of the day.
Learning Environment and Untrained Management
Medical Assistant Temp (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2018
I learned a lot working there. Management was just untrained and cutthroat. The Dr's there are fantastic. The staff was really nice with helping you with whatever it is that you needed help with.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Low Pay
decent place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 28, 2018
there's still a lot to improve and too much waste. Instead use it to encourage their employee give them more training for their career to improve their life.
Productive work environment with room to grow
Patient Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2018
Register between 30-80 patients a day, I learn about the different parts of Medicare and Medicaid. Several different insurance companies and there regulations. I was able to be amongst many different culture backgrounds. I enjoyed making conversation with the patients and just making there day go by smooth. I enjoyed helping wherever needed.
Good place to be a student
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2018
Great place to be a student. You are surrounded by lots of knowledgable and friendly therapists. Get lots of opportunities to learn a lot and grow as a student.
Management needs to be more stern on the rules
Food Service Worker II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
GUH is a great place but management in my particular department lets my co-workers get away with alot of things. But other than that its a great place to work at.
Pros
Free Lunch, co-workers, benefits
horrible experience
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2018
The staff on C6 was horrible. I'm not a new nurse. I'm used to working as a team. It was like working with mean girls. The manager wasn't honest. The male day shift tech refused to help with my patients. Stood there and watched a sports game. I was glad when this assignment was over
Cons
hostile work environment
Very friendly work environment
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2018
The work environment is lovely. A typical day is spent calling many patients and getting them scheduled to come in for evaluations. I love my patients
Pros
Get to help people
Cons
Short staffed
Racist/Gender biased
Operation Room Suite Attendant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2018
This place is very gender biased. The men are allowed To get away with everything under the sun. While the females have to work there butts off to keep their jobs. I would not recommend this place.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Reviews by Location