MedStar Harbor Hospital Employee Reviews

productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2019
I really enjoy working at medstar harbor hospital. I get to advance to diffrent units and work well with other staff and learn new patients everyday. Each day is a new learning experience and influential tasks.
Fantastic place to work
Community Health Department Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2019
Just working as an intern at MHH for a few months I've learned so much and gained such a wide variety of experiences. As someone about to enter the community health field I believe interning here was the best opportunity I've taken.
Working experience for many years with pleasant friendly environment.
Night Shift Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2019
12HR night shift with many responsibilities as the only management representation for the hospital. Makes independent decisions in the absence of management and able to manage many emergent situations that arise such as floods, trauma/shooting, morgue issues, staffing issues, ability to decide on when ED/Red situations needing collaboration/contact administration. Handle many patient complaints and difficult staffing issues. Culture is warm and friendly.Most difficult part of the job is some staffing concerns and ratios. Best part of the job is the relationships with all the staff members.
Small
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 7, 2019
Small hospital in south Baltimore. The felling is a community based hospital with a lot of staff having worked there for most of their careers, Enjoyed working there
Medical field
Transcribe physician notes off the report recorder (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2018
The hardest part of the job was working alone at night in the basement of a hospital, M's Jo was a good training along with several other ladies. I learned to read medical charts, transcribe some notes and how to file certain procedures.
A good place to go to obtain experience for new MAs
Team Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2018
MedStar Harbor Hospital does not pay well at ALL! If you do work there, it'll be to build your experience up. So if you are a MA with little to no experience. This is a good place to start. Nine times out of 10, you'll end up working in a department that you weren't hired for originally. Which will add to your experience as well. I have been told that other MedStar facilities pay better. It depends on the location.
Cons
Disorganized Management/Doesn't pay well
Enjoyable place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 7, 2018
I no longer work for Medstar. However, when I was employed with them I enjoyed coming to work everyday to an inviting facility that allowed you to grow and learn in your career
team work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2018
we all work together to do the best job possible for our patients.w are always pleasant to ou patients and co-workers. we do classes on line to better ourselves and to better serve our patients.we try to have a potluck at lease once a month.by working together it makes everyone have a productive day.
Pros
willing to train in other fields
Cons
bonus free parking.
Focused organization
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 29, 2018
It was a great place to work. Good environment. Friendly people and they are exceptional with detailed cleaning. The culture is positive. Everyone works with each other as one team. We had daily leadership meetings to plan daily and future tasks and projects.
Great position until managment changed
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 14, 2018
Management more concerned with their bottom line and less about employees who assist in achieving great patient care. New expectation of working more hours for less or same salary, less vacation and benefits
great place to work
PRN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2018
I really love working at Medstar harbor hospital. The salary is less than desired and I know that other PRN echo jobs pay more. Since I am a seasoned employee (33 Years) that should be taken into consideration when deciding salary
Pros
good place to work
Cons
salary
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2018
I was a Sitter and my health started playing a major part of being a Sitter.For health reasons I had to resign.Had my issues of my health not played a part of resigning, I'd still be there.Great group to work for.
Pros
Staff is friendly
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes No breaks
Good place to work with.
OR Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 20, 2018
Working in OR in Harbor is like a family, we have some misunderstading or disagreement but at the end of the day we resolve or forget it. We helped and back up each other.
Productive and nice place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2018
It was a nice company to work. The staff was friendly, and very helpful. Great training. I didn't have a hard work place. The were willing to help knowing I had a disability.
Pros
noneb
To polictical
Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21225August 2, 2018
Work place is okay , to political. No real room for advancement in Operational Managers position. Director had his favorites, and if you were not that person then no room for advancement regardless of your skill set.
High paced and dynamic work environment.
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2018
Typical work day at Harbor Hospital Emergency Department:

High paced/dynamic work environment. Efficiently interviews approximately 42 patients daily to process ED registration and demographic information. Achieves 100% accuracy on patient registration and insurance data. Conveys pertinent patient information to ancillary departments as requested.

Knowledgeable, friendly, courteous and welcoming staff and coworkers. Management allows creativity and are open to suggestions.

Workplace culture closely tied to the company's SPIRIT values:
Service, Patient first, Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork

Hardest part of job: Trying to prioritize who gets treated first knowing that everyone in the ED are relying on you for help and comfort them.

Most enjoyable part of job: Delivering on the above. To watch the joy and appreciation on the faces of patients after you've helped them or showed compassion to their situation.
Pros
Staff/peer acknowledgement and rewards
Cons
High paced
My Experience
Registered Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2018
Overall, any Medstar Facility is good place to work at and learn new skills and experiences. Some departments lag communication as times. Always a new day each time you walk through the door with new experiences in store.
Professional Setting
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 27, 2018
great majority of staff is very lovely. Everyone establishes a greeting when seen during the day. I have learned many advanced compounding techniques as a pharmacy technician which I am grateful of.
Educational
Clinical Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2018
A stress free environment. The staff has its own workplace culture. That takes a little getting used to. But overall they exhibit a lot of team work and are team players.
Loved Working Here!
Imagine Services-Support Services PRN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2018
Medstar is an excellent place for employment! I am a PRN and work only on the weekends and it is very relaxed and no one bothers you! Everyone is so friendly and willing to help, my boss is awesome and lets me work how often I want/when I can.