MedStar Health Employee Reviews

terrible
Clincal Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDFebruary 16, 2019
I have nothing positive to say about a healthcare system that supports a culture of bullying and scapegoating. Avoid this company at all costs, even if it looks like the perfect opportunity.
Would be a better place if they had the right management in place
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2019
Medstar is a great place to work but it all depends on your management and HR rep. If you complain to HR, it will not be in confidence and you will get fired. They will find a way to fire you so no one question them even then they all stick together.
Pros
Decent hours and ok psi
Cons
Horrible management and certain unprofessional HR
Needs changes
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2019
Management was not trying to help progress employees , they made employees defensive and scared to make decisions on their own. Open door policy would help employees gain trust in their bosses.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2019
I had the opportunity to work at three of the facilities and each of them were positive experiences. One is able to move from one facility to another and the opportunity for advancement abounds. There is a tremendous amount of support from management and executives.
They believe in the mission, vision and values and live it every day; from the lowest level to the executive level.
Great coworkers
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 2, 2019
The coworkers are great. But the management is lacking. They don’t ask the workers about how to make things better for you to do your job. They just move stuff wherever they want it even though it’s not convenient for you to do your job.
Pros
Near by
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed, management lacking
fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2019
Great company to work for. Need improvement with management and HR process. Great learning environment. You will be able to more around to various department. I like the tuition reimbursement. Overall great place to work.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
not getting a break at times
okay
Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2019
working at medstar was a learning place because the people who I work with was nice and the people I had to go pick up was nice as well because I love take care of people
Pros
lunch
Cons
healthcare
great place to work
OR Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 21, 2019
I enjoyed my time working there. I would recommend anyone to apply there also. I hope to find another position where I had to relocate to. The people were caring and we did things as a team.
Nice Enviroment
Corporate Marketing, Director, Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 15, 2019
The office was fun yet business friendly. I enjoyed my time there and I would go back if the right opportunity arose within the corporate team. I think it's a solid company that is fair to it's employees.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Moved my office to White Marsh increasing my commute by 30 minutes
Hospital based collaborative environment.
Physician Assistant-C, PT position Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21218January 13, 2019
I arrive to work early and meet with the head honcho in charge of Hospitalists that day, obtain my list of patients, review patient sign out, evaluate, treat, consult, admit if necessary and document, dictate discharge note if warranted, review patient sign out.
Pros
Professional staff
Cons
Covering the hospital was labor intensive
Cool at first
Non-Emergency Transport driver (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 9, 2019
It was great at first good training, nice management. But be sure to keep track of all miles and hours. I only quit because they shorted me over 1000 dollars on my check and acted like they didnt. When I filed an l&I claim they paid up because k had proof I did.
Pros
Lots of hours always busy
Cons
They cheat you
It's extrem streetful to work with no break for the shift. no relief at the end of the day. The Management only care for the profit that they made.
Registed Nurse Operating (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2019
It was a great place to work 15 years ago. over the pass 10 yeas there were too much turned over staffing due to the unprofessional, poor the management. There was constant no break during the 12hrs shift. No relief at the end of the work day. Too many mandatory on calls for all of the staff. Utilizing on calls staffing to fill in staff shortage scheduling for the shift... The O.R. working condition getting from bad to worse and to become unbearable...
Unless you have to i would stay away
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 25, 2018
Favoritism is the way of life if one person doesn't like you then that is basically it for you. People care more about the title next to the name of someone then the actual person. They say everyone will be treated as equals but once you do that in return it'll be portrayed as being rude. If you don't like to watch others sit and not work while your doing everything you can then i would go and work some place else.
Medstar Sitel
Simulation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2018
Great company. Supportive management. Live by core values. Passionate about patient safety. One of the leaders in healthcare. This specific position was somewhat labor intensive, lifting mannequins.
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDDecember 15, 2018
This is a great company to work for. I’ve been here for almost 6 years. I love my coworkers and the patients are great! I get instant gratification each and every day!
Great Company
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working for the company. It was rewarding and challenged me daily and i consider that to be a major plus. I appreciate a challenge especially if it enhances my mental and professional growth.
Bad environment
Electronic Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 8, 2018
The working environment at MedStar was not the best. When I got the opportunity to get out of there I took it quickly. The management was very bad and unforgiving.
Was a Great Place to Work
CPHT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21237November 30, 2018
Some Clique's here & if you were Not in the correct one then you were on the Supervisor's List. Horrible Management (they are All gone Now so Hopefully better, But same staff. So Probably still like High School). Used to be a Great Work Place.
Pros
anytime I needed off i got it
Cons
Clique's, Management Horrible
Nice place to work
Business Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 21, 2018
I worked in Columbia MD at their corporate office. It was a great place to work. I was surrounded by the VP's and Presidents of different departments. Everyone was super friendly and welcoming. Not really much room for growth/promotion from the secretarial position I held.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no room for growth
Remote Postition
PRN (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21045November 9, 2018
Medstar is a supportive work environment. Although I worked remotely, if we had a coding question, the manager would answer the question or put us in touch with another senior coder to assist. We received coding feedback monthly in the form of audits. Medstar also provided updated Coding Clinics quarterly. Every 2 months, there are coding meetings regarding updates and changes.
Pros
Feedback

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MedStar Health.

Powered by Comparably