MedStar Health Employee Reviews

Bad environment
Electronic Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 8, 2018
The working environment at MedStar was not the best. When I got the opportunity to get out of there I took it quickly. The management was very bad and unforgiving.
Was a Great Place to Work
CPHT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21237November 30, 2018
Some Clique's here & if you were Not in the correct one then you were on the Supervisor's List. Horrible Management (they are All gone Now so Hopefully better, But same staff. So Probably still like High School). Used to be a Great Work Place.
Pros
anytime I needed off i got it
Cons
Clique's, Management Horrible
Nice place to work
Business Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 21, 2018
I worked in Columbia MD at their corporate office. It was a great place to work. I was surrounded by the VP's and Presidents of different departments. Everyone was super friendly and welcoming. Not really much room for growth/promotion from the secretarial position I held.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no room for growth
Remote Postition
PRN (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21045November 9, 2018
Medstar is a supportive work environment. Although I worked remotely, if we had a coding question, the manager would answer the question or put us in touch with another senior coder to assist. We received coding feedback monthly in the form of audits. Medstar also provided updated Coding Clinics quarterly. Every 2 months, there are coding meetings regarding updates and changes.
Pros
Feedback
Unorganized and not caring.
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2018
MedStar Health is a company who does not care for employees. If you are sick you are penalized. Management is very rude and unprofessional. Busy company no help. They make you do most of the work on your own. A billion dollar company only cares about how much money they make a night. They are not on your side when it comes to matters they are out of your control.
Poor management
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 5, 2018
Management was poor, shift bids are ever on time. Basics don't run 911 in any other county than genesee county in flint, Michigan. Pay was better than most
Review
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDNovember 2, 2018
I like the benefits and most of the people, but sometimes the company politics can be annoying. Pretty flexible schedule is nice and close to White Marsh mall!
Pros
Great Benefits/Lots of PTO
Cons
Some of the management
Good Employer to work for
Dynamic Documentation Physician Track Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2018
They have a good CIS team and allow you the flexibility to do your job. They are accommodating to family and personal needs. The CIS team is a good blend of experienced and new learning professionals.
Pros
Flexibility and Freedom to work so long as you deliver
Cons
Can improve efficiency and communication
Remote Coding
Coder (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 29, 2018
This was my first ever coding job. It has been my pleasure to work with this company. Such any easy paced environment and well organized flow of work.
not much advancement where I was placed, no room to grow
Application Analyst III (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDOctober 26, 2018
I had been with this company for a long time and there are not much room to grow in IT world, since it is mostly outsourced. They do not like changes or innovations, so it is hard to offer new things to the company. It is difficult to move with new technology if you don't make changes. I can say that you do get more respect as a contractor from this company than as an employee.
High energy work environment with a friendly team
HEALTH INFORMATION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MD 20735October 22, 2018
you start your day with a cup of coffee then dive right into your work load. Management does a great job of checking on on their employees to see if they need any support without making the team feel micromanaged.
MedStar
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 21, 2018
I work for MedStar as a PRN vascular technologist. There is no much to say as I am not a full-time employee. Overall, the pay rate is decent for PRN. I have no idea about the pay rate for full-time employees.
My experience in the Central Business Office
Supervisor - Medicaid Department (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2018
MedStar Health is a great company to work for. Because it is a growing company there are many opportunities to grow with the company. I started with MedStar as a student 12 years ago and was hired on at the end of my school assignment. I have been able to grow with the company and improve my understanding of the healthcare field, billing, coding, AR, and customer service. MedStar's hours are very flexible. They also offer education reimbursement which has allowed me to further my education.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not applicable
Need alott of help.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2018
Opportunities to advance are based on who you know not what you know, experience and/or What you can bring to the organization/department. Management base your annual reviews on what your co workers tell them and not on your actual work. Management is clueless to their roles as well as your role so evaluations are based on their personal feelings towards you which results in poor increases and opportunities to advance. If you are not a "likable" employee but have good ideas to better your department, credit will be giving to your co workers. Some people in management main focus is on where you received your college degree and/or if you have when he/she doesn't have a degree or any certifications.
Like most places there is a huge discrimination issue within the organization.
Pros
The company is growing.
Cons
If you're not the right color you will not advance nor will your yearly increases, and you'll see people with less experience and/or education advance first.
Productive and informative work environment
Patient Billing Representative II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2018
Overall a good experience with my teammates, As a result of my teammates I have learned to be a good collaborative team player. I have enjoyed my time spent but am ready for the next phase of my career growth
Pros
Good teammates
Cons
Management could be more responsive to employees
Loved my job but things changed
vending director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD regionSeptember 28, 2018
I loved working for Medstar Health but over the past five years the culture has changed. The bottom line took over which put patient care on the back burner. They preach patient satisfaction and train for it regularly but do not provide the means or culture to ensure that happens. My ultimate goal is to provide excellent patient/customer service and my career changed to a job over the past five years. I love the associates, the customers and the patients and will miss the team that has been so dedicated to the same.
Pros
benefits and my team and coworkers
Cons
culture of making the bottom line the priority over anything else
Good atmosphere to work in.
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 27, 2018
Checked work from previous day.
Had daily deadlines to meet which was stressful with all the meetings you had to attend.
Fun working atmosphere.
Medstar had flexible work hours.
Leadership disaster
Simulation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2018
The co-workers are the only reason to stay at MedStar Health; the pay is on the low end for DC, the management changes direction just about every month, and they promote based on social circles rather than merit. During the hiring phase they will say all of the right things to get you in the door, and follow through on zero action items.
great place ro work
Flight Line/Supply Supervisor/Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 22, 2018
i loved my time there and would love to go back if i ever have the opportunity
great team work and made alot of friends for life
couldnt ask for a better place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Medstar is a great company. They offer other things that some may love and benefit from. It may be a tad bit hard to get to a point to reap the grand benefits offer but there is growth.
Pros
in the medical field helping others
Cons
no leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss