MedStar Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wasn't even given a fair shake
Service Response Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2018
Worked there for a month and a half....a month and a half! I was told that I wasn't focused, didn't learn what I needed to learn, and it was a lie. I had learned and was doing well in my role. I feel I was wrongfully terminated due to discrimination! There is no security at Medstar, and they ensure that you can't fight back.
Pros
Decent pay, fast paced
Cons
Bad management
Productive and fun place with laughter
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2018
This job i had to say it was enjoyable and the employees was nice understanding and very helpful if you didnt know something all you have to do is ask i recommend this job to anyone who need help
Worst place I have ever been employed.
Laboratory (Current Employee) –  MDJune 19, 2018
Ever since MedStar Health swallowed up this hospital, patient care has gone down the tubes. It is not the family and community oriented workplace it used to be. Now, it is a medical factory concerned only with padding out its bottom line. Every week we see more and more employees laid off and others' hours cut. The few replacement staff that they bring in are corporate lackeys. The upper level management do not listen to our pleas and solutions. It has become an environment where we are constantly fearing for our jobs and looking over our shoulders daily.
Pros
None.
Cons
Read review below.
Nice pto
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJune 18, 2018
Nice PTO policy, but they have lost focus on those who work and work well. New leaders come in and delete employees that have been role models and loyal with long years of service. Culture is one of subdued and deadlines. Leaders do not respect those that report to them and they are not responsive to needs.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Poor HR leaders who are not truthful, do not promote or keep employees as changes occur
Good company to work for
SUPERVISOR OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Mitchellville, MDJune 12, 2018
opportunities for advancement. have a good program for onboarding new leaders. Able to make decisions that enable you to work autonomously for the most part.
Medstar Medical Group
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJune 7, 2018
Medstar Medical Group is far the worst place to work for, the people there are horrible. The Medical Assistants does nothing but horse play and never take their job serious. No Team Environment. When you call them out on their behavior they lie and are backed up by management. Don’t ever try to talk to the Director she will never talk to you, Her life is far too important to talk to any employee in the office, you are a non-factor when it comes to problems. You can lose your job when you do your job! Do not work at Medstar Medical Group. If you take pride in your appearance please don’t work there you will be picked on and talked about. Don’t ever voice your concerns or opinions unless you would like to be a target!
Benefits
Cons
No recognition, pay, favoritism, poor spirit values
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMay 25, 2018
MedStar is a great place to work. I have learned so much in my 29 years of being a MedStar Employee. We work hard and sometimes play hard. We have team building activities, management team building activities, we have lunch provided and special acitivities during Patient Accounting week.
Pros
jeans on fridays, leaving early on holidays.
Cons
pay, raises do not cover the cost of living.
Supportive Supervisor
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2018
The supervisor was helpful before, during, and after my employment. Towards the end of my employment, a lot was going on with the management. The supervisor remained calm and tried to meet all our needs.
Good place to work and learn
Application Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 21, 2018
Experienced working with more knowledgeable technicians and was able to grow from them. Started working on the help desk and was provided the opportunity to advance to application analyst.
good
Certified Medical Assistant (Gastroenterology) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2018
Medstar is a good company to work for. The opportunities they have are wonderful. I had the opportunity to work for the company for 5 years. The company had friendly and respectable personal.
Flexible, Great Job
Coding Specialist II - Remote (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMay 3, 2018
My job is quite stress-free, more flexible than any other job that I can think of, and management is quite good. I can't imagine better management. I just get bored easily.
Productive and Patient Focused Workplace
National Certified Med Asst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 3, 2018
Patient focused and innovative. I am free to create and see my ideas unfold here. Very pleased so far. The hardest part of the job is delivering a harsh diagnoses. The most enjoyable are our associate appreciation parties annually!
Wondeful friendly atmosphere
Senior Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 24, 2018
Great company. Knowledgeable management. Very collaborative environment. Great experience as far as learning opportunity. The company trusts employees to take responsibility and help to explore business opportunities.
Productive Workplace w/ Underlying Issues
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCApril 16, 2018
There are many areas that have a great working environment, but this is not the case for the entire organization. There are still managers that mistreat staff as it pertains to micro-managing, unprofessional conversation, and clique systems. From a peer standpoint, most teams work very well together, collaborating as needed to complete assigned tasks. However, in many cases, there are situations where a mutual respect is not displayed for team members as it regards communication, or lack thereof.
Pros
Health Benefits/Discounts
Cons
Management Culture
I loved my job there as an activity therapist!
Psychiatric / Adjunctive / Activity Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2018
I worked there for more than 10 years. I loved my job as an activity therapist/counselor. I enjoyed preparing for my groups and planning special activities for the patients. I then got another job, was asked to come back, making my same salary. Then we got a another manager, and she was a micro manager. I used the money that I made at UMH and put more than half if not more back into the activities for the patients that is served.

Prior to new management, I made employee of the month and received all kinds of rewards, etc., which gave me incentive to do even more, but, felt like it was not appreciated.
Pros
Was able to plan different kinds of activities to engage the patient.
Cons
Unjustly terminated
Sr. Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20010April 8, 2018
MedStar Health is a great place to work, conveniently located in Washington DC, access to public transportation, job advancement opportunities, good exposure to a diverse environment, tuition benefits,
Pros
great benefits
Cons
distant to my home
good place to work
Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 30, 2018
good place to work; multi-hospital and clinic healthcare system; good senior management team and physician involvement in the decision-making process.
Stressful times
Change & Training Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMarch 29, 2018
Overall, MedStar was an interesting place to work/contract. It was a stressful time for all, because the organization was implementing and new Financial ERP system.
Pros
The ability to work remote
It was an okay experience
Material Management (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 25, 2018
I say this job was an okay experience because It was a paid internship and It wasent really something i was interested in . The managers was okay even tho they were kind of mean but they aren’t here to be nice so i guess it’s an okay job
Fast Pace
Georgetown Hospital- Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2018
MedStar Health Enterprises has many hospital locations throughout the Washington/Maryland area as well as healthcare sites throughout and within the communities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight