MedStar Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Need alott of help.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2018
Opportunities to advance are based on who you know not what you know, experience and/or What you can bring to the organization/department. Management base your annual reviews on what your co workers tell them and not on your actual work. Management is clueless to their roles as well as your role so evaluations are based on their personal feelings towards you which results in poor increases and opportunities to advance. If you are not a "likable" employee but have good ideas to better your department, credit will be giving to your co workers. Some people in management main focus is on where you received your college degree and/or if you have when he/she doesn't have a degree or any certifications.
Like most places there is a huge discrimination issue within the organization.
Pros
The company is growing.
Cons
If you're not the right color you will not advance nor will your yearly increases, and you'll see people with less experience and/or education advance first.
Productive and informative work environment
Patient Billing Representative II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2018
Overall a good experience with my teammates, As a result of my teammates I have learned to be a good collaborative team player. I have enjoyed my time spent but am ready for the next phase of my career growth
Pros
Good teammates
Cons
Management could be more responsive to employees
Loved my job but things changed
vending director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD regionSeptember 28, 2018
I loved working for Medstar Health but over the past five years the culture has changed. The bottom line took over which put patient care on the back burner. They preach patient satisfaction and train for it regularly but do not provide the means or culture to ensure that happens. My ultimate goal is to provide excellent patient/customer service and my career changed to a job over the past five years. I love the associates, the customers and the patients and will miss the team that has been so dedicated to the same.
Pros
benefits and my team and coworkers
Cons
culture of making the bottom line the priority over anything else
Good atmosphere to work in.
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 27, 2018
Checked work from previous day.
Had daily deadlines to meet which was stressful with all the meetings you had to attend.
Fun working atmosphere.
Medstar had flexible work hours.
Leadership disaster
Simulation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2018
The co-workers are the only reason to stay at MedStar Health; the pay is on the low end for DC, the management changes direction just about every month, and they promote based on social circles rather than merit. During the hiring phase they will say all of the right things to get you in the door, and follow through on zero action items.
great place ro work
Flight Line/Supply Supervisor/Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 22, 2018
i loved my time there and would love to go back if i ever have the opportunity
great team work and made alot of friends for life
couldnt ask for a better place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Medstar is a great company. They offer other things that some may love and benefit from. It may be a tad bit hard to get to a point to reap the grand benefits offer but there is growth.
Pros
in the medical field helping others
Cons
no leave
Wonderful business overrun by office politics
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
Relaxed and comfortable environment; system really promotes within. This however can be overshadowed by poor, unprepared leaders, who lack direction for supporting staff and work with no vision or mission in mind
Pros
Outstanding benefits
Cons
Lack of managerial/leadership diversity
MedStar Health is a great company to work for.
Billing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2018
MedStar Health is a great company to work for. They have excellent benefits and there is lots of room for advancement within the company. The training I experienced was excellent.
Low Morale - Youre just a number
Central Financial Clearance (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDSeptember 11, 2018
Working for MedStar can be a positive experience if you are on the inner circle and are friends with management. If you are lucky enough to be hired on due to experience only then you must either become part of the inner circle by brown nosing or you will be weeded out quickly. Advancement only occurs if you are on that inner circle. To them you are not a person, but a list of occurences if something goes wrong in your life such as a death in the family etc. I watched many people be fired due to death in the family if they didn't have available time to use to take off work. No compassion
Excellent company to work for, great benefits.
insurance specialist 11 (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDSeptember 6, 2018
Great benefits. Company incorporates a lot of fun throughout the year! Had some management issues way to long before resolving the problem. High expectations with productivity.
benefits
Cons
high expectations with productivity, causing alot of stress.
Director/ Interim Director, HRIS (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Flexible work available to some employees, remote and telecommute are good perks. Lots of opportunities to get trained, take classes and grow personally and professionally.
Great patient care
Environmental Services Associate/ Floor technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 1, 2018
My experience working at Med Star Health. Typical work day, you never knew what to expect. I would best describe it as a rolling coaster, today your up tomorrow your down. You just had to roll wit the punches
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
staffing negativity
Very friendly environment
Hospitalist Physician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2018
Working at medstar has been great. It feels like a family. Everyone is very friendly and approachable.
I would love to continue working there but unfortunately it has been a very long commute for my husband and I.
Great work environment
Coding Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2018
Currently employed and happy. Looking for remote part time work for supplemental pay. Great management and work environment. Efficient workflow and opportunities for growth.
It's work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2018
non competitive wages, benefit plans are way to expensive, still trying to figure out what I'm paying the Union to do. You have to make your environment pleasant to work in no one else will do it
Pay
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 10, 2018
The pay compensation should be very equal to what they earn at other medstar location. Nrh makes the worst. The same position pays more at whc, but really bad at nrh.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Pay
Great organization to work for
Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2018
This organization cares about their employees. The have several opportunities available to their employees. The benefits they offer are a great benefit.
Summary
act as team leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
I value my experience with MedStar but was glad to leave due to lack of leadership and lack of employee welfare. The supervisors were mostly yes men for upper management.
nice place to work
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2018
Medstar is a great place to work, but, depending on your role, there is not much room for growth. I like the location and the benefits are good. Overall, it's a nice place to work.
Pros
location, benefits
Cons
not room for professional growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight