MedStar Medical Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
MedStar - Great Place
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDJune 20, 2018
The best benefits ever. A lot of room for growth. Great networking. Depending on where you are placed in MedStar, all entities and cultures are different. Learn all that you can learn.
Master Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 23, 2018
I actually open this med star office as a Master Medical Assistant, which allowed me to create my own clinical workflow. I trained all the medical assistant for my office which also allowed me to enhance my clinical skills.
Pros
Created clinincal flow
Cons
no career advancment
don't do it
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDApril 9, 2018
not team players, only worried about own self, never help other co workers management does not know how to work the front desk and does not offer assistance when not fully staffed
benefits
Cons
not patient oriented
satisfied
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2018
register patient in a timely manner with out error.
registration and admitting have more responsibility then I thought
management is fair
workplace high and low
patients
making sure patients and baby's are taken care of
Some leaders should not be.
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2018
Medstar will train and provide classes for your job. Far as leave it is what you earn every pay. After 360 hours, you have use or loose. No fun, the company is a very serious place, the fun was after work and on your own time.
Pros
Training
Cons
Mangers held responsible for doctors not following rules.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDDecember 29, 2017
Medstar has it's up and down but it have been a pleasure to work for the company. The people are very caring and look out for one another. Management is excellent
ER management needs improvement
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 21, 2017
ER management was horrible. Was forced out after workers comp injury and they tried to ruin my career, but it didn’t work. ER manager became director simply because she knew people. Stay away from the ER at Good Sam!!
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Gotta watch your back at all times.
Somewhat unstable work environment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 21, 2017
MedStar Medical Group provides me with many opportunities to learn new skills. The leadership is unstable as in 5 years I have been through 3 leadership transitions. The providers are not invested in loyal patient care and sometimes leave within a year of employment. This proves to be very difficult for patients looking to establish care with a primary care provider as patients are frequently asked to switch providers when someone leaves the organization.
Pros
Challenging work environment with growth potential
Cons
Leadership unstable
Challenging, rewarding job
Permanent Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Medstar medical Center at Franklin SquareOctober 6, 2017
Franklin Square offered tuition reimbursement and opportunities for growth in the nursing career. Great teamwork and management on the present unit I work on
Leadership lacking
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDOctober 2, 2017
I really enjoyed the providers I worked with. Management was another story. Did not know how to manage the staff. Director of operation was in our building and she didn't even get involved with working issues out. Was too busy being friends than directing and dealing with the staff. Did not address the drama and issues with the staff. Teamwork was lacking. No one willing to step in and help out and always short staffed. Patient care was not put first.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Drama, patient care lacking, bad management

Want to know more about MedStar Medical Group?

Ask a question
emotional
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDSeptember 21, 2017
be prepared to see the same patients over and over every day, the relationships you build with patients are that of a life time. huge emotional attachments definetley form very easily and quickly
Worst Work Organization Ever
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDAugust 25, 2017
Very cut-throat work environment! Do not care for their staff or patients only care about volume & $. Do not stand by their mission and SPIRIT Values.
Pros
Paid Vacation earned
Cons
Leadership
Fair place to work
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2017
I am a member in the float pool which allows me to meet many people in the organization. Lovely people. I have been offered full time opportunities but was unable to accept because I am a full time student. Benefits are great.
Meet new and interesting people
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDJuly 25, 2017
Overall, my experience with MedStar Healthcare has been a positive one. Their commitment to patient care is outstanding. The teamwork in the office where I work is awesome.
Medstar Shah Medical Group
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDJuly 1, 2017
My typical day is providing care for all patients that come in. I take care of CT/ MRI Schedules and patients. I provide the schedules for the next day and make sure I have physicians orders and patients blood work and prior report pertaining the study for each patient. I have learned a lot about medical since I have been in this position. The hardest part of my job is the management. They criticize my work when I help every position in my office. I try my hardest to help my receptionist and other techs but it never seems to be enough for my supervisor. The most enjoyable part is working and helping ill patients everyday. I love to take care of those in need. and also my coworkers are amazing.
Pros
Taking care of patients
Cons
Managment
Great job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2017
I like working for this company. My co workers are great and the benefits packet is wonderful. I love the team work that we have and I couldn't ask for anything better.
Stressful, busy, work place at Medstar
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 2, 2017
This job is rewarding in different ways but very stressful as far as the patients and the demographics. There is also extra annoying issues as far as the system always shutting down and having to call the help desk for assistance.

I register patients, collect the copay, handle insurance information, monitor the phones and patient flow.
Management is awesome, the company works with your schedule for children if you have them and school.
Pros
Hours, coworkers
Cons
Busy and stressful, phones ringing constantly
stressful
PSC/Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2017
Want you to be professional and hold you to the SPIRIT values, but they don't practice what the preach. Employees are warn against even thinking about a union.
Have to work for what you want
Office Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDOctober 31, 2016
I started out at the bottom and worked my way up, however; each time I moved up I learned a lot from on the job experience. There is not much training that occurs for you to get a clear understanding of what it is that you need to do.
Benefits
Cons
No training when advancing
Huge company, no morals.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDSeptember 13, 2015
Management is horrible. The only enjoyable part of the job is the few friends made. Healthcare should be about quality, not quantity. Everyone is just a number and repeatedly informed we are replaceable. Any changes are last minute and thrown together with improper directions and many errors. Benefits are mediocre and there is no such thing as a pay raise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.