MedStar National Rehabilitation Network Employee Reviews

I've enjoyed my time here
Sports Medicine Fellow (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2019
It's not too stressful. Docs I work with are great and fairly laid back. Sometime ancillary staff can be a bit slow and are a bit too relaxed. Fun to work with the residency program and medical students. Pretty good compensation.
Great Compay
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2018
MedStar has been a God send company! I finally found a company worth sticking around for until retirement. Management is amazing and understanding. The team dynamic is felt and everyone pitches in to help through the work day. When I first started I was greeted with smiles and welcomes. Training was amazing (and smooth), everyone was knowledgeable and willing to assist at any given time. My transition was very easy. I would recommend this job (and company) to anyone.

A typical day is reviewing order entry and patient profiles. Stress free environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Great benefits, Wonderful vacation time off
Cons
Traffic, parking
Productive, fun, a lot of experience.
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olney, MDJune 6, 2018
You learn so much from working in a physical therapy office. Everyone is nice to one another most of the time and we all work together to make sure everyone is happy. This is the place you want to work in if you are interested in this field.
Pros
A lot of benefits
Cons
Poor management
Nice workplace, but not enough people to do the work!
SR. Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Calverton, MDJune 1, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed my time working at Med Star NRH out-patient network. The benefits are good, and the employee's are very nice and helpful.We all worked as a team, we helped each other. My most enjoyable time was having lunch with some of my co-workers, they made me laugh. The hardest part of the job, we were short staff.
Pros
Very good benefits, and the people are very friendly.
Cons
The pay isn't very good with Medstar.
lunch from manager -great staff, fun atmosphere
PBX Operator - Call Center (Former Employee) –  District of ColumbiaMay 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at this facility under an amazing Manager for the call center. She rewarded staff, provided lunch for us and kept an open line of communication with the operators at all times. Fixed any issues we had and held mandatory meetings each month. She was fair, professional, caring, and approachable for any matters that agents had. Great Job!... not enough hours or work.
Pros
lunches and incentives for call center agents
Cons
not enough benefits for on-call agents
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCApril 2, 2018
Nrh provides excellent benefits and discounts to their staff. The patients are wonderful as well. I provide clerical duties at work. I would recommend a person to work at nrh
Cut throat
OTS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 22, 2018
This work environment was competitive and not for everyone. It requires one to be very independent and not seek out a lot of team work. Must be okay with being under a lot of management control.
great place
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  oxon HillFebruary 21, 2018
great place to work. Good benefit, great staff, good management. Good continuing education benefits and support from management. Fair pay. Fast paced, highly competitive
Slow/Busy days
Unit Clerk/CNA (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2018
Work begins at 7am-730pm you only get one 30mins of break throughout your 12hr shift. Most of the time we are short staffed then staff gets overloaded with lots of work. The salary isnt as good for the work load that is given.
Pros
Activities every month
Cons
only 30 min breaks
Family environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDDecember 27, 2018
The best thing about working at MedStar NRH was the family environment the place provided. Every co-worker and supervisor are friendly and helpful. You are working in an essential position so you are required to be there in days of bad weather.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Essential employment meaning you are required to be there in bad weather situations.
Very nice place too work
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2017
I've always loved working with people I'm a people person I enjoy doing what I do giving back I come from a very large family we were raised to always help one another it's just in my blood to help people
Work Day
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 18, 2017
Performs a variety of assigned revenue cycle related and patient care duties essential to the daily operations of the Outpatient Center.
Primary responsibility is to patient registration, patient scheduling, coordinating the physicians orders re-certification process, insurance verification, authorization and coordination of services for patients.
Assisting with medical records operation
Greeting, registering and escorting patients.
As served as a float office assistant, required to travel to multiple locations to assist with the day operation of the site.
Case management, Pre-certification and benefits verification of insurance.
Pros
parking/near public transportaion
great clinical experience
Occupational Therapist Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2018
I learned how to monitor and take care of patients individual rehabilitation needs . Everyone from ot/pt/ and nursing works together in order to provide efficient patient care.
A great experience
Intern, Coach/Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2018
My internship at MedStar NRH was an extremely humbling and an overall wonderful experience. My supervisor was happy to help me and I learned a lot from her.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2018
very challenging I as the only senior accountant it was expected from me to prepare alone the monthly closing and submit the financial statements to my CFO every month prior to the board meeting.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
a lot of work
N/a
Rehabilitation Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 5, 2018
For the most part, working at National Rehabilitaion Hospital has been a great experience. Overall, teamwork and respect between management, nurses and techs can improve. Considering the high physica work requirement for techs, it would also be helpful if the pay rate was increased for techs.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Short breaks, lack of team work, poor communication, lack of respect, low pay
only good for new grad
Clinical pharmacist/ IT Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2018
management sucks, wouldn't let you take any pto beyong 3 months, and won't tell you if your pto is approved until the schedule out. But the policy stated if pto not approved, you cannot book your trip or anything. Management won't help you staff even you have emergency, and will email you don't exempt yourself from working doesn't matter anything. Also, will expect you do something not in job description without paying you more.
A great place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2018
Loved working with and for the people at National Rehab Center , from the nurses to the people we served , every day was a joy to goto work and know you helped to make some ones day better
Pros
Great Place to worl
Cons
No Problems
Fun place to, with flexible hours
Patient Account Representative/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 21, 2018
We had a variety of duties in one day. We learned 3 systems in 2 years. The managers were helpful, and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting it done.
Pros
Location was great!
Cons
It was enough people to do the work.
one of my best empolyeers
Rehab Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2018
I loved this job it was just time for me to move on in my career but I loved the atmosphere they helped me advance it was a good job and I would def go back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar National Rehabilitation Network. Our community is ready to answer.

MedStar National Rehabilitation Network Reviews by Location