Medstar Visiting Nurse Association Employee Reviews

excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2019
Busy but team work and quality services.Patient first,life saving.
Skill/career blinding.Quality customer service.
Wonderful preceptors and resources
.Tuition reimbursement.
A place to acquire quality skills.
Everyone knows their expectation and role during crises/emergency
Medstar VNA
Certified Nursing Assistant Home Patient Care (Current Employee) –  Calverton, MDMay 20, 2019
Medstar Visiting Nurse Association is one of the best places I have ever been employed great place to work & grow to expand to higher positions.

Medstar VNA offers training to help in achieving your goals.

Medstar VNA staff goes above and beyond to assist employees with any obstacle or promblem you may need help with.
Interesting opportunity for a Local Care Coordinator
Local Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Middle River MDDecember 14, 2018
The PCMH program was a great program to assist patients in home and at the doctors office. I gained knowledge in case management with 50 patients ever month. Typically, I would begin my day, calling my patients to confirm doctors appts and the time for us to meet face to face, I will check emails, respond, attend meetings online and go to the office for supplies, fax reports and or send out mail for doctors offices and mailings. I would then spend the majority of my day traveling to doctors, meeting with patients, obtaining consents. Then, I would have to make phone encounters throughout the evening and diligently write care plans for the doctors. Into late hours of the evening, I then would go through the list of potential patients so that I can plan my phone calls, office visits and to have an inservice with the doctors, I worked with 30-40 doctors. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting with patients, assisting them with better controlling the diseases, preventing them from readmissions to hospitals, obtaining home referrals for nursing, best doctors, magellan, physical, occupational, speech therapy, social work consult and pharmacy assistance for my patients. The hardest part of my job was that there was no turn off in hours, I had to meet with patients, or call patients whenever they were available and convince them to take care of their health over the phone.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Worked all hours of the day night weekend and holiday
Typical work day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2018
As a start of care nurse. I ensure that that patient are notify of visit time. Arrive on time and conduct a detailed assessment, following doctors orders.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
limited Pay time over.
Vna
Home Health Aide and Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDOctober 26, 2018
Working for MedStar VNA was a wonderful experience. I learned new skills, that I still use today. The benefits at the time of employment were excellent. I was a great company to work for.
Medstar VNA
Homecare Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 30, 2018
is a great work environment that encourages developing relationships, showing respect for others, being compassionate and understanding to patients...
Very Poor
Visiting Home Nurse Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Middle River, MDApril 7, 2018
Too much turn over and nepotism. This was the worst job I ever had. A complete waste of my time and mental energy. I would never go back or recommend to a friend
Pros
healthcare
Cons
too many to list
professional environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 24, 2018
Team collaboration, busy but steady, workplace culture included matured nurses functioning as a team. I enjoyed the staff and atmosphere which was conducive to effectiveness.
Busy, fast paced environment
Employee Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, MDMarch 17, 2018
Daily changes in job functions
Little management interaction
Staff supported each other and enjoyed working together
Must be able to work independently
Fun and learner a lot
Office Assistant/Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calvert County, MDMarch 13, 2018
I had fun when i worked for Medstar Visiting Nurse Association because Medstar taught me lot because i was coming in as a CNA and learned to be a Medical Record Specialist, Data Entry, Scheduler.
Great company
Per Diem Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 28, 2018
Great company to work for. I worked per diem, however it is easy to set a flexible schedule and see patients around your schedule. Great work / life balance.
Medstar cares!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2018
Great workplace to learn and grow, productive company, opportunity for advancement is available, there are a variety of leadership classes offered, excellent discounts for school is available, competent leaders exist within the company. Overall, Medstar genuinely cares for their employees.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement is offerred.
Overworked on an 8 hour salary
R.N. II, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Calverton, MDJanuary 16, 2018
Expected to drive ridiculous amounts when hired for local area. Payroll messes up constantly. Management makes job very stressful. Enjoyed my patients but bullied by the office daily. Salaried position for 8 hours and worked for free many days. Expected to pick up slack for nurses who didn't know how to do the job in far away areas. Some patients an hour away and more.
Nice place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 27, 2017
A wonderful place to work with a supportive environment and administration. The staff here really care about employees and their career. Great place!
Poor upper management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 4, 2017
Working there is like working with a bunch of middle and high schoolers.

Upper management is terrible and hr is even worse.

Zero support for employees in the workplace.

Instead of building employees up, they break them down.

I would never ever recommend this company to work for unless you have super thick skin and can turn a blind eye to unfair employee and patient treatment.
Pros
Pto; medical benefits
Cons
Micromanagement; stressful; workplace harrassment
Productive, I learned a lot working with MedStar VNA
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 4, 2017
I was field staff, so I my job is to see patient in home setting environment. I called patients and scheduled the visit time. I learned many skills and the use of some medical devices such wound VAC, drainage tubes. I enjoyed the feeling of helping and educating patients and seeing smile on their face.
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 19, 2017
Very supportive, team orientated work environment. Provides opportunity for growth with the Medstar Health Organization. Offers tuition reimbursement and CCUs.
Great Place to Work
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDApril 24, 2017
I appreciate the people who work at MedStar VNA. I have work/life balance, I enjoy my job, and my boss is great. MedStar offers great benefits, especially the paid time off. I have been able to advance my career inside of the MedStar Health company, which is great.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
lack of professionalism
Great addition to the MedStarr Health System.
Clinical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calvert County, MDApril 22, 2017
Learned lots about skilled home health care and home infusion. Company seemed to be well intergrated within the the overall system.

Decent business model.
poor management and administration
Clinical Home Healthcare (Former Employee) –  marylandApril 17, 2017
this company needs a complete overhaul and more appreciation for their professional workers.. needs more experienced managers who are efficient in dividing up workloads among the staff
Cons
poor administration ..high work loads