Medtronic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,855 reviews matching the search See all 2,281 reviews
my opinion on Medtronic
Catheters Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 23, 2018
It is a relax environment; however, it is too much of work that you have to do in a day. The managers are great and very helpful. They always try to help you and provide hints and ideas to perform a certain process. The team work makes you enjoy working there.
Reorganization destroyed the product culture and killed leadership
Mid level employee (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2018
Three years ago this was a great place to work. Good pay, great leadership, culture focused on producing great products at a good pace. Two years ago the home office reorganized the business sector and fired the leaders who built a $100M company into a $1.9M sector in 15 years. We went from quick thinking, fast acting local leadership to multiple scattered VPs and Directors who don't understand the business or products. The workplace has become fearful and hostile (externally). Very discouraging.
Pros
Good pay, good location, polite peers
Cons
Change to a decentralized and non-knowledgeable Sr. Leadership
Work life balance
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 23, 2018
Good learning environment
Good work life balance
Good engineering culture
Good six sigma culture
Employee compensation needs improvement
Engineer career growth opportunities needs improvement
er
SENIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  MNApril 23, 2018
Medtronic offers no job security, it has roughly 30% of the work force is contract labor. The company is to top heavy, lack of vision. The company relies on old product.
It is a good place to work
Senior Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 23, 2018
Love the job! It offers lots of flexibility and management is good. It is an awesome company to work. The mission says it all and we have a group that lives our mission daily.
Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 21, 2018
If you are willing to help save lives, then this will the place where you can contribute for the greater good. Engineers worked hand in hand to assess situations for improvements
Cons
temporary/contractual
Productive and fun place to work.
Manufacturing Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 20, 2018
I worked at Medtronic as contractor. It is not fair for me to evaluate the company because I worked there only 5 months. I didn't very much about the company. I was keeping myself busy with the project I assigned to do.
Pros
I like the flexible hour there.
Cons
Busy and stressfull but challenging atmosphere
Contractor Infotree Services, MI (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 20, 2018
Daily activities included review of final shipping documents and corrections.
Worked on legacy tracking of issues that were not completely reviewed for resolutions. Discussions with Manufacturing Engineers to meet their obligations on issues resolutions that were past due for about 2 years and potentially allow for transfer to the new tracking system.
Fast-paced and Stressful
Assembler II (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 19, 2018
One of the things that made it hard for me to keep working there, was the lazy/problematic coworkers and bad management.

Lazy coworkers:
They are inexperienced in a lot of things (computers, tweezers, etc.) Which isn't terrible, because there are trainers there to help, but the problem is they don't show interest in learning more when you try to teach them. They just want to sit around and get paid. And then when you point out that they should be helping, they make a bigger problem out of it so that it looks like we were targeting them because of their race/culture/ethnicity. These coworkers can somehow get away with sneaky extended lunch breaks, 30 min-1 hr long bathroom breaks, chatting in other lines for 10+ mins, and sitting around/napping when clearly, work needs to be done.
This is where bad management comes in...

Bad management:
Whenever there is any problem that should be reported to management, we are told to voice our concerns in good faith. And we do. We have told our leads, our supervisors and if needed, our managers. But nothing has changed. They may have talked to whomever, but not stern enough. People aren't afraid because they know management can't do anything but talk to them with 500 warnings. So they know, "I can still get away with this and not get fired". Leniency is good, but management here is WAY too lenient.

Other than that, if you're lucky, you get to work with actual hard working and respectful coworkers. But chances are slim. There's also great benefits for full-time employees and that's about it.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, lazy/problematic coworkers, bad management, lack of sincere recognition, no fun events besides a late summer picnic and a few potlucks with plain food
Productive a little
Assembler III (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTApril 19, 2018
As important as the Company is for the medical devices that we make everyday, is sad to say that employees and line leaders are treated badnot worthy.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks and favoritism
No Opportunity
Help Desk Tier 2, (Desktop Support) (Former Employee) –  Humacao, PRApril 19, 2018
A lot of work for little payment and no opportunity to grew up.
A typical day will be stressful at the beginning but slow paced in later hours.
I learned everything I know about Help Desk
It was a good workplace culture.
Assembly
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2018
i was an ok experience when I works at Medtronic in arden Hills. I ,liked it allot and they taught me many things. It helped me in getting a community job.
Hard working employee you can depend on
Warehouse Associate, Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 16, 2018
I came in and did my job and went home. Decent management team that is for the most part fair. The best part of the job is managers aren't breathing down your back.
Leadership Challenges
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 16, 2018
Top leadership driving changes to meet financial committments with not enough competent middle leadership to support and enable it to happen. The company continues to push forward the agenda but only a few truly follow. Outcomes of this gap include inconsistent practices, policies and experiences for the general employee population and questionable behaviors by many. It is a completely different culture and place to work today than it was 5 years ago.
Pros
Flexibility and competitive wages.
Cons
Workloads are ridiculous.
Productive, excellent place to build a career
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
Medtronic is an excellent organization bringing superior technology to patients and physicians to treat patients. Excellent place to build a career, opportunity for advancement.
Politics is the culture. Management will take a ton of vacation while analysts are overworked with no work life balance.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 15, 2018
Everytime an analyst leaves, a manager is hired so instead of alleviating the additional workload there is another layer of reporting to compile. The politics is horrendous, it's like the presidential election. It's always someone else's issue to solve instead of collaborating as a whole to resolve the problem. Senior management are constantly traveling to have leadership meetings coincidentally at dream vacation international locations while regular employees are told there is no buget to replace slow running computers/laptops.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Former Giant
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  SouthApril 12, 2018
In sales, it isn't what it use to be. You get hit for the smallest of things financially speaking and it impacts your take-home dollars. Medical Devices is about the vertical you are in. Be wary of former verticals with high income. It is a changing world.
Pros
You can get a guarantee
Cons
they can change plans regularly and without notice
Overall great and friendly atmosphere
Diabetes Therapy Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Medtronic, I was place in a specialty role so I was afraid of no career advancement, given the opportunity I would go back to Medtronic.
Leadership out of touch
TERRITORY MANAGER, DIABETES (Current Employee) –  GAApril 12, 2018
Division is in transition-to what it's hard to say. Company culture-lots of words, little action to fix problems, or treat salespeople well. Immediate manager is supportive however senior management has little understanding of competition,marketplace realities. Patient interaction is both the best and worst part of this job. You can see the positive results patients achieve with products you sold but you also get called everyday by patients with issues but have little support to fix.
Pros
Making a real difference in patients' lives
Cons
poor support from management
Organized place
Manufacturing Engineer C (Former Employee) –  Tijuana El lagoApril 11, 2018
Everything is well documented, all the procedures and institutional manuals are clear, it’s full of young people willing to give an extra for an excellent job.
Pros
Organized, clean
Cons
No cafeteria

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

46%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

46%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss