Medtronic Employee Reviews

Found 2,350 reviews matching the search See all 2,889 reviews
Great starter job for college grad with no experience.
Diabetes Therapy Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2018
If you are a college grad and you have no experience other than retail or food services, Medtronic Diabetes division is a good start. After 2 years and there is no movement, I would recommend looking at other medical device companies.

Be prepared for micro management, unrealistic goals, favoritisms, hard time scheduling time off, forced to work late on end of month and end of quarter. computer systems that are obsolete, upset customers.

Other than that the health benefits and 401k match is good.
Medtronic is a great place to work because the people are collaborative.
Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNDecember 14, 2018
As a contingent worker, the training is top notch - I received several certificates for SAP and BW (Business Warehouse), IHS, and Fixed Asset training. I would enjoy working at Medtronic on contract again.
summary.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 14, 2018
I learned quality over quantity and line clearance before and end of shift. The workers, supervisors, and upper management are always friendly. They also give us rewards for recording our daily activities.
Typical day at work
SURGERY TECHNICIAN III (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNDecember 13, 2018
Fast-paced but understaffed resulting in stressful environment.
Anatomy, technical attributes, surgical techniques and anesthesia.
Management is aware of lack of staff, mildly proactive.
Lack of staff provides stressful environment, all female and not everyone friendly or willing to help. Fend for yourself attitude with a few technicians.
Lack of training or training opportunities, lack of management's knowledge of position, lack of management's assistance. Always being asked to stay late-no work/life balance. If not volunteering will be told to work outside of normal work hours.
Learning new medical advancements, making a difference in the medical field.
Contractors treated badly, culture is cut-throat
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 12, 2018
Engineering management is self-serving and exploitative, they treat contractors as disposable waste. If you don't do what they want, which is rubber stamp bad work, they invent reasons to complain about you; but if you do rubber stamp, you're golden. My coworker who told me "corruption is smart" ended up getting hired full time.
Pros
Cons
corruption, Cya
See below
HR Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MADecember 12, 2018
Great company to work for. I love the time I have spent with Metronic. It has allowed me to grow.

Great Company
VICE-PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Boulder, ColoradoDecember 11, 2018
Great products, lead in most fields we compete, smart capable people, strong leadership, good product pipeline, invest for the future, changing healthcare landscape
Pros
compensation, opportunity
Cons
work/life balance, travel
Opportunity for advancment
Director, Strategic Marketing (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38132December 11, 2018
Lots of opportunities, but it has a giant company culture and was hard to get anything done. You have to have multiple levels of approval for anything. Managements only concern was keeping their job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much bureacracy
Buyer / Materials Planner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 10, 2018
The job is challenging but very rewarding. Very project based but the people are absolutely the best. I had an amazing manager who was very understanding of my situation and worked with me for my hours and was just a class act. My only downfall was the lack of on hands training.
Pros
People, Management, Salary
Cons
Lack of training
Great co-workers
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PADecember 7, 2018
I worked with a great group of people. Tuition reimbursement was a plus. Management was less than stellar. The Philadelphia office was disconnected from the rest of the company.
Pros
Co-workers easy to get along
Cons
No room for advancement
friendly environment ,
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTDecember 7, 2018
best place to work
best employee
best leaders
best management
flexible hour
best and clean gmp regulated MFG area
followed all process to manufacture .
Great opportunities for learning and professional growth
Quality Assurance / Inspector Trainer (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRDecember 6, 2018
Medtronic is a well known medical device company hence is very strict in procedures, documentation and training. It has a very high demand of the different products they manufacture, reason why there is a lot of work for every single position in the company. Workplace culture and management is amazing and definitely a great place to work and learn. The hardest part of the job is the workload since products has high marketing demand. The most enjoyable part of the job besides the work environment is the joy of creating a device that actually improves the quality of life for many patients that depends on this products.
Pros
Overtime, paid sick days and vacations, 401K, medical and dental insurance.
Productive and fun workplace
International Regulatory Affairs Intern (Current Employee) –  Mounds View, MNDecember 6, 2018
I have loved interning here at Medtronic. A typical day at work consists of checking your emails and going to meetings. I worked on a few projects here and there as needed and learned a lot.
Very good, knowing about all around a company and shearing with others is important
Test Technician II (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRDecember 6, 2018
If I could select a company to work with it could be Medtronic again, but the problem is I'll move to Delaware Ohio in few months and there's no Medtronic near.
Pros
Lunch time are very useful, cafeteria and a Credit Union inside facility, very good!
Cons
No cons really, just the usual you can find in a work area.
Great place to work - room for advancement
Principal Plant Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTDecember 5, 2018
Good company for learning the Medical Device Industry. Company follows all regulatory agency rules and guidances. Good management, provide opportunities for grownth.
What You Learn
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Villalba Municipio, PRDecember 4, 2018
The Cultural life at this workplace breathe quality. The expectation for completion and customer satisfaction is a priority for this company. They strive for excellence and completion goals.
Pros
Enjoy the quality of employees
Cons
Management stressed and lack of respect
Great people
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTDecember 4, 2018
Great opportunity for young, diverse engineers. Corporate has a mandate (quota) for hiring women and minorities for management positions, which significantly influences hiring decisions. Be aware of this. Upper legacy management has not been exposed to the competitive environment in other industries, and can resist change.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Quotas, resistance to change/listening to different ideas
Highly technical and exciting place to work
Supply Chain Quality (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 3, 2018
Great working environment with highly technical and innovative people and products. Very good to their people with great benefits. I miss the daily interactions with my friends and the nature of the work.
Pros
Many benifits
Cons
Stressful at times
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 28, 2018
It was a great company to work for. There was a great balance of work time and personal time. overtime was optional. the pay was great and great benefits as well.
good
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 28, 2018
Medtronic as a company was pretty fair in its treatment and well being of employees , management needed more work , the work environment was somewhat stressful ,but pleasant. seeing the quality product that I produce helping and making an impact in, customers lives even some of my co-workers lives.,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight