Medtronic Employee Reviews

Found 2,443 reviews matching the search See all 3,002 reviews
Team-drive and comfortable work environment
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTFebruary 21, 2019
Medtronic is an amazing place to work because co-workers are constantly in tune with project alignments as a team. The trainings provided are incredibly detailed and helpful.
Management are a piece of work
Lead (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 20, 2019
I didn't have any problems with the company. The biggest problem was the morale of the associates is very low because management is making associates work a lot of overtime, they take a lot of them for granted and they take forever to hire the temps.
Pros
PTO amount, 401k among other benefits
Cons
Supervisors are required to do too much.
A decent place for a "starter" job but not good for long term career advancement
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTFebruary 19, 2019
Management at the manufacturing floor level is poor. They are not really competent, intelligent, innovative people generally speaking.
Workplace culture is easy-going, yet there is a lot of uneducated,
petty, childish people that makes the place seem more like a high school than manufacturing plant sometimes. There are a lot of nice friendly people though.

Professionalism and hard-work is definitely not universal in that place and it comes down to the individual a lot of times.

Don't get me wrong, certain departments (e.g. mechanics, upper management, quality assurance) are very professional and dedicated.

However, there is a lot of incompetency, low morale, and professionalism which probably is due in part to machine operators not getting paid enough for the value of work they do.

Hardest part of the job is the constant physical labor of keeping the machine running, including minor trouble-shooting and maintanance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the shift is over... no kidding.
Pros
Easy-going work environment, a lot of friendly people, the place (including the machines) is well designed and maintained, decent break times
Cons
Too many immature, uneducated people who like to gossip, tease, fool around, Poor mid-level, and floor-level management
clinical specialist
Clinical Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 19, 2019
My most enjoyable part of my job was working with my fellow clinicians; fellow employees in achieving the best patient care and support with outstanding customer service and acumen.
I travelled often to many Hospitals across the country; and enjoyed extended communication with several aspects of my company and their facilities. I'm always learning and yearn to support; with quality and patient safety in mind; and maintain Integrity and respect with whomever I work with.
I engage with the salesforce and satisfy all credentialing.
I pursue new Medical devices; and engage with Medical Engineering and Market Development strategies.
Pros
Experienced Professional with Integrity and Clinical Acumen. Speak Spanish
Cons
My Ability to pursue Customer Service needs Ongoing
good place to work
Sr. Operation Lead/Lean Tech (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 19, 2019
I'm not in the position to rank or rate this establishment. My views will strictly be of mine and kept to myself. Moving forward i have no interest in ranking such establishment
Medtronic is a good place to work at if you are working with the right people and managers.
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNFebruary 17, 2019
I've worked with a great team but I've also heard of people who worked for teams that just didn't care about them and was fired because of it. I've also heard of people who's life change with working at medtronic.
Pros
Great team and attitude
Cons
Low pay for working for medical devices.
Na
Medical Device Sales (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2019
Medtronic is an incredible place to work and I would recommend that anyone who wants to help people and work with great people - Medtronic could be the place for you.
Medtronic work expirence summary
SENIOR FIELD INVENTORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 15, 2019
While the Job I had Medtronic was not the right fit for me the company is awesome. Great atmosphere and great people. If there one thing I would fix at Medtronic is to make sure they tell about the daily job requirements and have a mentor assigned to you.
Pros
great life work balance
Cons
lack of mentorship
Great compnay
Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 15, 2019
Great company with nice benefits. Very professional employees and strong management teams. Flexible hours when it comes to family issues or travels. Overall nice atmosphere.
Fantastic Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2019
Fantastic company with excellent benefits. Company invested in employees and products that improve health/living. Management very helpful in mentoring and developing new hires.
Great company, I just had a bad experience
Associate System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COFebruary 15, 2019
I was pre-hired to work on projects that were coming out of development and 2/3 of them didn't. My manager was located in another state and was just poor at his job and communicating effectively what was happening in our department. After my supervisor who was AMAZING transferred to another role I was alone and never knew what was happening, only that it was likely that my job was not going to last. Everyone else I know who works there has a great team environment and opportunity for advancement.
Great
Clerical Administration (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2019
I worked at Medtronic temporarily, while I was there it was wonderful. I worked for a small unit entering member information, I would gladly return if it was possible.
Ambiente Hostil y falta de liderazgo.
CNC Machinist Setup/Operator (Current Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRFebruary 14, 2019
Estas en un ambiente hostil y el trato al personal no es el mejor.
Aprendi a que no puedes confiar en la gerencia.
Los lideres que están en el mandato no le importa nada de sus empleado, ni su viene estar con su familia, ni promueven a nadie que cumpla con los estándar para ser promocionado, solamente entre la gerencia se reclasifican.
La cultura a cambiado mucho en los últimos 5 anos con mas trabajo y estrés laboral, la calidad muy burnerable en mano de empleado que no esta calificado para decidir por calidad cobrando el salario mínimo federal.
La parte difícil del trabajo, es cuando tienes que escuchar Supervisores, Gerente que solamente le importa la producción.
Lo que mas me gusto son los compañeros
Pros
Trabajamos con buena tecnología que podemos aprender cada día mas
Cons
La Gerencia que no saben ser Líder.
Take the good with the...challenges.
Senior Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 13, 2019
Medtronic is a patient-centered company that is driven by its mission to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. As with many biomed/biotech companies, employees are compensated decently as compared to the market and treated decently. As a field employee, at times it can feel like working on an island and creating a network for advancement can be challenging. This is important, because when looking to advance, it becomes immediately apparent that who you know and knowing about opportunities before they are posted is imperative. All in all, it is not a bad place to work, but can be challenging when trying to grow or shift in your career within the company.
Principal Customer Service Rep (PRS Agent) (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNFebruary 13, 2019
I worked with good people who I have remained in contact with since leaving. The overall culture is great, not a place for advancement if you do not have a BA degree at minimum.
Friendly people
Assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 12, 2019
People there are great/friendly. Some favoritism in the departments. An exercise room to use. Clean working facility. 30 min lunch, 2X 15 min breaks. Great benefits with annually bonus. Pay raise are not that great.
Pros
Company quarterly meetings(food), Annual bonus
Cons
Pay raise, Favoritism
Stay Away
StartRight Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2019
Company prefers to hire external candidates rather than promote from within. No advancement opportunity. Overtime is expected, low pay. Will be stuck in an entry level position.
Good
Contract Engineer (R&D) (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAFebruary 8, 2019
A typical day at work starts at 8 Am, learned TMV's , product development skills. Work place culture is supportive and collaborative. The hard part of the job is the online training and reading SOP's.
Upper Management Problems
Territory Sales Representative MITG (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 6, 2019
Absolutely love the products and the benefits, but upper management is out of touch with reality. Constant back orders make it very difficult to get work done.
Pros
Benefits and good work life balance
Cons
poor upper management and product supply issues
Its okay.
Medical Assembler II (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 4, 2019
Work suck sometimes, but work is work. With the good additutes thing would go well with the people around you. Most times its best to not take thing at heart and just be open-mined.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss