Medtronic

United States3,671 reviews

Found 3,671 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,646 reviews
devicemedicalproductmissiondiabetescovidienculturequality

Nice place to work

Job for a call center was easier than most, managers do not ride you to hit numbers, the motto is it takes as long as the call takes. The office space is very nice, located right next to the Rim

Pros

office space, great co-workers

Cons

low pay until you get into mgmt

Strong Leadership

Very helpful leadership team that looks our for you and wants you to succeed and will go out of their way to meet with you and discuss your plans and aspirations.

Medtronic insights

Based on 1,320 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good place to learn and grow if you're early in your career

If you are fresh out of college or early in your career this is a great place to learn. Lots of sites and projects, means there are lots of opportunities. On the flip side, it can easily get overwhelming as they do not back fill positions and expect you to do the work of 2-3 people.

Interesting Products and Disorganized Middle Management

Upper management was great with their vision for the future, but poorly executed the further down the chain that it got. Should have left earlier when I saw people leaving within the first 6 months, but grateful for a position during the pandemic. Not all sites and product groups are managed the same way.

Pros

Medtronic's Mission statement is highly motivating for everyone working there.

Cons

Disorganized, always re-inventing the wheel limits how quickly projects are executed. High site turnover.

Ambiente competitive y de crecimiento laboral

Aunque el salaries es bajo es una muy buena Empresa con los empleados.

Productive and pays well.

No company is perfect. But as for my experience, I am happy to work with a team with very good workers/team leads. The company’s culture has minimal drama. Not as toxic from my previous job. As long as you show up in time and do your work, you’re good. It is production, so keep in mind that bathroom usage is minimal and quotas must be met. You do get flex breaks and enough time to gown up. However, there’s mandatory overtime for weekends. So be ready to work or plan your days off. May the odds be ever in your favor. Good luck.

Brilliant people but bureaucracy

This company has so many truly brilliant people but has mired itself into so much process that it is impossible to get work done. The company needs to learn to get out of its own way.

Great engineers, super kind scientist, miserable HR and sales people

Working with engineering, scientists, patients was one of my coolest professional moments. But HR and sales staff are the most awful and slimiest people I’ve ever know.

Ambiente de trabajo donde hay mucho favoritismo y conflicto de interés, jamás es lo mismo de hace 15 años atrás!

Es una empresa en la cual puedes tener oportunidad de crecimiento pero tienes que caerle bien a tus supervisores dependiendo el área donde trabajes, no es muy fácil competir con el favoritismo!, lo que es lamentable para una empresa tan competitiva!

Great company to work for

Great company to work for. I really appreciate everyone making me feel welcome and willing to always help when I first started. From the management to the line leaders to the staff.

Good company

Good company to work for. Good company to work for. Good salary and benefits. Room for advancement. Advanced technology for Healthcare. Room for improvement with work- life balance.

Was great at first

No advancement opportunities Unless you have been in the military. A lot of favoritism goes on in there. The raises are hilarious. You’re lucky if you get .30 cents and yet I was their top technician they said. Management is absolutely horrible on the floor where technicians work. You are nothing but another number at this place and not valued at all. If you think you are going places at Medtronic, you are wrong. Don’t waste your time.

Amazing

It's a very good job pay very well they are more then enough fair.Will it's very different then any other job I been to know regrets. One of the easiest job ever to work at.

Fun place to work

Team work is good, great friendly environment during work. Lunch area is good. Supervisor are friendly and willing to teach and explain with details.Medtronic pays fairly and has good benefits, but frequently gets into its own head and begins a cycle of cutting every department to the bone, until their infrastructure falls apart and begins costing them more than they save by hiring the lowest bidder.Get hired at the right time and it can be a great job for 5-10 years, but at some point you'll likely have the same experience I did - overnight, they went from "Medtronic runs on IT" to "IT provides nothing of value to Medtronic.

Pros

Shift

Cons

Advancement

Sometimes a good place to work

Medtronic pays fairly and has good benefits, but frequently gets into its own head and begins a cycle of cutting every department to the bone, until their infrastructure falls apart and begins costing them more than they save by hiring the lowest bidder. Get hired at the right time and it can be a great job for 5-10 years, but at some point you'll likely have the same experience I did - overnight, they went from "Medtronic runs on IT" to "IT provides nothing of value to Medtronic."

Medtronic has it pros and cons

I can say, I came to work, attendance and work performance is beyond expectation. I work 5 to 6 days a week. I enjoy what I did. I put pride and dignity in my work. I was patient enough to learn my area. I enjoy the engineers I work with. But when a supervisor harassed a coworker. That where I draw a line. Everything was swept under the rug. That was not fair. In the end it was time for new opportunity.

Productive and fun

I enjoy learning new innovations and helping patients and doctors. The cons would be no work life balance. This is something that can become more manageable with

Easy and great benefits

Rewarding sales job and it feels good helping patients improve their overall health. If you are a competitive salesperson, after a while the job became too easy but it is a great place to work. Great benefits as well

More like a family than a job

Great co-workers. Everyone is nice. Managers are fair and understanding. Great job for someone in school that needs to work while studying for tuition.

Ambiente de trabajo div

Informal, pero muy precisa, directo al granos. Consta de las habilidades personales y lo que espera la Empresa de mi. Existe mucho favoritismo y no se ayuda al empleado a superarse.

Empowered to improve lives of others

I most enjoyed being valuable to physicians and clinicians as I contributed to improving surgical outcomes and hence improving patient’s lives. Compensation was excellent and I had a clear sense of purpose both daily and empirically.

Common questions about Medtronic

Answered by current and former employees at Medtronic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Medtronic.
Powered byComparably