Medtronic
Information from Medtronic:

Medtronic Employee Reviews

United States3,304 reviews
Found 3,304 reviews matching the search
It's the best job I ever had. Great place and good people. I never felt so professional in my life before. I had the opportunity to work with international doctors. My experience working at Medtronic was awesome.
Pros
They offered the opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
Cons
Temp employees are excluded from the company events. Only Medtronic employees are invited to attend.
Good place to work. I enjoyed the amenities they provided. The management was great, really helpful. Each day I was presented with new challenges. With the right support such as the management team at Medtronic, I was able to work through them.
My time here was definitely the worse place I've worked. People that were working with me didn't treat me like I even existed. I was expected to do things that I had no idea about and was hired to do a completely different job only to find out the manager had no idea that they didn't even have the platform that I was supposed to work on.
Pros
Free coffee, cappuccino and good pay
Cons
Culture was awful
Deberían tomar en consideración al personal temporero en todo ámbito y que sea tratado de igual manera que al empleado regular mediante evaluaciones ya que su pago salarial es muy bajo lo que conlleva a la desmotivación de los empleados en general.
Benefits are amazing. They stood by us after hurricane Maria and during the covid 19 pandemic. I turned down other jobs that paid more for this job just because of the fact that they really care for the employees.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I worked in the Quality department at my site. The manager and the team provided excellent support for my transition onsite. Training was always made available. Typical day consisted of reviewing software requirements and creating test protocols to test device features.
Workplace culture was supportive and I never encountered any disagreeable colleagues while I was there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing my job made a difference in patient care.

What I learned is that I can adapt to testing newly created features and test them thoroughly.
Pros
Flexible hours, training, free exchange of ideas among teammates
Cons
Commute (30+ miles)
Overall great company to work for. The money is great if you can get the business. Great benefits with mostly good and trusting people. I left for another opportunity and it was very difficult decision. There a lot of pros about working for the market leader.
Working with a true team that is proud of their company and goes the extra mile to make sure they are as successful as possible. They are a big corporation and as such it is a bit of a bureaucracy.
Pros
dedication and competency at all levels
Cons
outdated manufacturing operating system
As a contract worker I felt very excluded and not of value. I worked and developed relationships with internal customers resulting in various product owners/engineers specifically requesting me to provide input on their product line development. The overall culture did not foster beneficial relationships among members of a team but was counterproductive with much gossiping and backbiting. For an extremely important area of a medical device company I expected the area of Quality Control/Sterilization to much more professional.
The company seems to be falling behind in healthcare needs. Constant restructuring instead of investing in studies and innovation. Some divisions are taken care of better than others - spine, neurosurgery, diabetes. Others are lacking in attention and thus fall quickly behind competitors. Expect surgeon support rather than coming with economic data.
Pros
Ethics, promotion
Cons
Innovation, corporate accounts struggles
Ambiente altamente retante y dinamico al cual debe exponerse uno diariamente segun las necesidad del negocio dia a dia.
I worked at Medtronic for about 4.5 years and it was one of the most critical experience of my career. I had the opportunity to manage two global, multi-center, prospective randomized clinical trials from start to finish. One of the studies was published in the New England Journal of Medicine, which completely changed the landscape of stroke treatments in 2015. I also participated in several regulatory inspections with no significant findings.
The job itself is rather simple and easy. Not very physical in terms of having to lift heavy things or being on your feet all day.

As an entry level job, it has a reasonable wage, but if you want to make any kind of advancements here, forget about it unless you love kissing a** with management. There is no work culture here when you have supervisors playing favorites and promoting the ones they like and socialize/chat with. You can be working here for 5 to 10+ years and your chance at a higher position will be overlooked, and opened up to literally everybody there that barely started from 6-12 months.

New employees are constantly pressured with having to keep up with the rest of the employees, which usually results in them getting frustrated and quitting.

They do not evaluate you as an individual during performance reviews, which is a joke. You can have the best performance, yet it would be benefiting the rest of your employees during their annual review.

Worst of all, they do not value any of its employees and treat them as if they are expendable, which is expected being at a company this large. Their motto is basically "You don't like it? Then leave." They won't hesitate to get rid of you whether you've been here for 3 months, or 20 years.

The only good out of this company is it's job security and stability. If you plan to stay here until retirement, and OK with being the silent, passive worker, then this company is great! Otherwise, move along to another company that actually values your work, knowledge, and abilities.
Pros
Job security, stability, benefits
Cons
Management, work culture, advancement opportunities
Absolutely loved working at Medtronic. My manager and team were great to work for and with. Patient interaction allowed for me to continue to use nursing care and compassion. Level of job complexity made the experience exciting and fulfilling. If it weren't for extensive Monday- Thursday travel I would still be there.
Pros
Team, Experience, Account setting, job function
Cons
travel, long OR schedules
Aprendes mucho cuando entras en el área laborar, todos te ayudan a que te superes cada día más.
Pros
Te abre muchas puertas en diferente industria.
Cons
Considero que no tiene contras.
Excelentes personas, comprometidos con el trabajo. Buenos seres humanos. Aprendi mucho. Responden rapido ante las situaciones que se han vivido en estos meses. La cultura en general es buenisima.
My time at Medtronic, albeit brief, was a great experience. I had a great manager, and the IT team I worked with was really nice. COVID and management changes halted my time as a contractor there and it was sad to go before my contract was up. I would recommend this employer to anyone that wants to apply; I will be applying for full time employment once COVID ends (or there is a treatment).
Great place to work that offers good job security because not many extrusion operators in the west coast. Co-workers are friendly and the environment is fun and engaging. Can sometimes be stressful.
Pros
Good compensation, lots of training
Cons
Moving up the latter can take years.
I got employed at Medtronic since November 28, 2015. Medtronic is a friendly work environment area. Stress free, clean work environment, with quality jobs done there at.
The managers and the staff are friendly, nice and always speak to you when they see you. The people you work with are nice, if you need help with something they will stop what they are doing and come and help.
Cómo primer trabajo fue buena experiencia adquirida.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.
1.6K
1.3K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Medtronic.