Medtronic Employee Reviews

Found 2,241 reviews matching the search See all 2,749 reviews
Great learning experience
Shipping / Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parker, CO 80134October 19, 2018
Medtronic is a world leader in the Medical industry . Fun and enjoyable , I learned a lot in the medical shipping and receiving , To carry with me in future opportunities in shipping and receiving .
Pros
Great company
Cons
no room for advancement
horrible place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 18, 2018
terrible place to work, dont waste your time, pay is low and so are the bonus payments. hardly get raises and if you do its 2%. treatment of employees is pretty bad, no voice within the company.
Pros
Cons
low pay, micromanagement, low bonus, mistreatment of employees
productive and collaborative workplace
Senior Associate assembler (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 18, 2018
Good compensation, comfortable work environment, flexible scheduling and optional remote working in some situations, excellent benefits and vacation packages. Overall, the best place I have ever worked.
Excellent company
Industrial Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PROctober 17, 2018
Great job opportunity to learn and apply my skills, using engineering and work under pressure. Is a great place to know about different medical devices
Metalurgy Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2018
It was a great experience working for Medtronic, I would recommended to anyone interested. they make a good product, and are a very reputable company.
Pros
work with minimum supervision
Cons
much pressure to meed production demands.
Medtronic
Medical Device Assembly (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 16, 2018
Working at medtronic I would recommend during the time I was working the pay was okay. You are working in a clean room environment so proper PPE is required, so practically your gowning up and entering a clean room.
Cooperative, organized, and fun place
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  18000 Devonshire St., Northridge, C.A. 91325October 15, 2018
Medtronic place is a medical device company. They make insulin gadgets for the people who have Diabetis. It was fun to work with some filipino's. We work hard with a smile because we like our environment and they are all friendly.
Very Social work place
Lab Technician/ Data Analyst /Pc Technician (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 15, 2018
Management is pretty good depending on the department you work for. Majority of the staff is very friendly and family oriented. Great medical research company would recommend.
Good over all
Sr. IT/Engineering/Quality (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTOctober 15, 2018
Good over company to work for. Lots of autonomy. Smart people. Flexible work place and summer hours. Very good benefits and depending on site location, they have gyms, credit union, massage room, meditation room ... Great place to work. Low turnover.
Pros
Automation, collaboration ... forward thinking
Cons
Minimal
good employer
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed working their, I did get a promotion but the ability to move up in company was difficult for most. The pay was average for Memphis Tn.
Building was always cold and the management was predomently White. Not many Black people promoted or encouraged to move up in management.
I also had some race issues while their. Glad I changed career paths.
Continuous budget constraints
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 15, 2018
Financial constraints always in place with corporate making most decisions on most purchases. Political environment and engineers seem to be leaving for other opportunities.
Pros
Large company with good insurance
Cons
Too much work to complete in a timely manner
The cafeteria was nice
Intern (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 14, 2018
I worked there a long time ago but I remember enjoying their cafeteria and campus. As an intern I wish the program was more built out to provide mentorship and greater training opportunities.
Very unpredictable job
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 14, 2018
At this company you are a slave. Management is very weak. Actually few employees are controlling the rigen and the manager. Cut throat situation. I will not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They treat you like a slave.
Data entry, accurately and in volume was my typical day.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 12, 2018
Good company. No further response. I worked through an agency and the salary was good. I don't know about Medtronics benefits.

The most enjoyable part of the job was keeping busy.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Friendships
Productive and good place to work in.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PROctober 12, 2018
Great company with excellent management. I performed new equipment validation activities, initial set-up, and troubleshooting, including enhancements to production equipment and processes currently in use. I revised equipment specifications compliance, reviewed equipment design changes with manufacturers, and determined machine acceptance for manufacturing operations. I led NCR’s investigations and timely implemented effective corrective and preventive actions. I promoted safety and environmental protection by supporting waste reduction and recycling projects, and development of robust Environmental Assessment and Job Safety Analysis.
Pros
Hurricane aid
Cons
No gym
Laser welder
Indrotec (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNOctober 12, 2018
I got to experience the quantity of products and learning and gaining on to keep things organize, making sure things was in a great place, making sure i was certified on each other stations .
Ill say it was a awesome experience for me.
Pros
People was very chill pay was awesome
Cons
N/a
Is not a bad company at all
Diabetes Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2018
Is very lay back, is definitely not a micro-managing place. Easy job, GREAT BENEFITS and they are always feeding us.
Supervisors and Management need more people skills experience.
Need to be more organized.
ok
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTOctober 11, 2018
Able to learn and work with a lot of different people growing and helping each other, not ok with the hours push into us. Very good place to work years ago.
The people are great
Diabetes Therapy Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
The environment is great. Can be clicky like a high school. Typical sales job. When you are doing good you can be doing better. Good is never good enough.
Diverse workplace - Great products
Principal Financial Analyst, Operations Finance (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COOctober 10, 2018
I enjoy working for a company that helps so many people with their health issues. It is good to have products that make a positive impact in the world.

I loved the people on my operations team that I supported. We were a small, but mighty and resilient group.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Medtronic.

Powered by Comparably