Medtronic Employee Reviews

Found 2,109 reviews matching the search See all 2,587 reviews
Stressful and Micro Managed
Credit Collections (Former Employee) –  San AntonioAugust 12, 2018
Work here if you like being treated like a robot. Production company. Once again if you’re happy just punching in numbers and staring at a screen all day than this Job is for you.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, Work/ life balance
Poor management, culture-separate environment, very less HR support, no training
Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 12, 2018
The culture that has been developed through out years, has created very un-friendly environment and working aura. No to minimum trainings. No or minimum possibility to grow within. Management is very poor on, not really interested to make any changes. Very low quality oriented people, which is hard to believe that this is a company that suppose to be in medical devices industry! However, the company itself has great history and that is what still keeps the most of new people applying for the job within.
Pros
Nothing excited
Cons
short breaks, no proper sick leave, no proper vacation, long working hours, low pay, poor management, bad culture.
Competitive Company
Associate Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRAugust 10, 2018
Great place to gain experience. A competitive company with a lot of growth and expansion.They treat the employee well and have good benefits for their employees.
Pros
Job secure.
Cons
Good
Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 8, 2018
Good work
environment benefits and pay location and work family.
Provides stability and family oriented. Great for moving up into better position
Fast paced but good work
Good
good place to work
Medical device assembler (Former Employee) –  Villalba Municipio, PRAugust 8, 2018
Upon starting my employment at Medtronic, it was very difficult as I had never used a microscope before. It took awhile to get used to focusing but once I did, I enjoyed the work.
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNAugust 8, 2018
Company provides a great environment to work, providing all the tools necessary to complete tasks and regular training sessions. There are great benefits like life insurance, company contributions to 401k, holiday pay and many others
Education workplace
Project Coordinator IV (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2018
I found the environment to be well organized if not a bit stuffy due to necessity of meeting FDA regulations. This also promotes strict, rigorous a numerous training regiments. The personnel are professional but not encouraged to be friendly. Diversity at Medtronic is unmatched in my professional career.
Pros
company issued laps, autonomy, diversity
Cons
training requirements
Great company to work for !!!
Credit Collector (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 7, 2018
It is a great company to work for. Building is huge. Benefits are good, Management is good. Room for growth. I worked at patient financial records, great department
Productive work place
Hardware and Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 7, 2018
Good working environment, salary and hourly rate for contractors. It was unclear how long my contract was supposed to last, and that made it difficult to have confidence in the job security, or at least knowing when to expect to have to start looking again.
Pretty good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 7, 2018
Decent place to work. Hours wasn't bad. Advancement doesn't happen to quickly unless you're on a buddy system with upper management. You get to bid for jobs but there is definitely no guarantee even if you're the more qualified candidate.
Going downhill
Assembler II (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNAugust 7, 2018
When I started at Medtronic I was very proud to work there. I thought it was a great place.

Over the years they have really slashed the employee benefits. They halved what they were matching on the 401K. They got rid of pension. They changed the PTO and holidays system around which ended up shorting our available hours.

They focus on lean running operations. Which is good for business, but bad for employees. If there's a sudden surge for certain parts you'll be stuck working mandatory 10 hours a day for 7 days a week because the line was already at max output and the only way to make more is to work more hours.

Getting converted from a contractor to an employee comes with a small raise. Going from assembler I to assembler II comes with a nice raise. After that I hope you enjoy getting next to nothing as a raise. 2% raises across the board doesn't even cover the cost of living increase
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Everything else
good company small site
Sr. Buyer Planner (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 7, 2018
need a lot of improvement the systems but the people it's nice and all get along not that much growth options in that facility you need to have a lot of inside contacts to make it happen
Pros
no systems at all small site
Cons
a lot of flexibility
Co-op Strategic Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAAugust 5, 2018
Fun Place to work. Not a lot of diversity but the hierarchy is strong. Somehow a political work environment. Remote working is a plus. Overall it was fun to be intern there.
Ambiente de trabajo dinámico y diversidad de oportunidadesaunque
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRAugust 3, 2018
Aunque trabaje poco tuve oportunidades de aprender en otras áreas de trabajo crecimiento profesional
Pros
Buenos beneficios a los empleados
Very diverse and great place of employment overall. Easy environment.
Regulatory Affairs Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 2, 2018
I would love to work here again because of the challenge to make a difference is rewarding and the feel of importance is contagious.The only thing I despised was that the company decided to outsource and hire an out of country agency with less experience to save money.
Pros
Great atmosphere, skills, and benefits.
Cons
Contractor, potential outsourcing
The compensation and benefits ironically doesn't compensate the headache
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cataño, PRAugust 1, 2018
The working life at Medtronic is really hard, a part from the salary, compensation and benefits became a toxic environment to work without a real leadership from the administration. That's why after 10 years I left.
fun place to work
ORDER PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 31, 2018
I like working here because you get to meet so many people and you know that you are changing and helping someones life . the hardest part working here is that you never catch a break its a fast past job .
Pros
the hours are great
Cons
n/a
Lots of great people to work with
Policy Deployment Board Owner (Current Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNJuly 31, 2018
This is a great starting point in your IT career. There are many experienced technicians here and provide great support. It will also teach you about corporate environment and how process works.
warehouse closing
Domestic Shipping Lead (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 31, 2018
Our facility in Joliet, was productive and Medtronic decided to save money and close it and open one in Olive Branch and one in Pedricktown which I don't know why.
Fast pace and a bit stressful but rewarding
Global Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 30, 2018
Fast pace and a bit stressful but rewarding.

Medtronic is a huge company, so they offer lot of growth opportunities. The mission speaks for itself. Colleagues are generally helpful as we all have one common goal: alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. Overall, Medtronic makes a difference in this world and I highly recommend it as a place to work.
Pros
Summer Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight