MEEMIC Insurance Employee Reviews

A great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 5, 2019
Very friendly place to work. The atmosphere is very clean and peaceful. Management team don't micro manage you but will always ask how are you doing
Pros
Promotion within
Cons
We are open until 7!
Over worked and underpaid
Casualty Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 8, 2018
The management here is always reactive instead of proactive. We have been behind for a long time and always playing catch up. We are overworked and are told to do what we can, but everyone is always on edge. We have so much stress that multiple people had to go on FMLA to get some time away. They are not hiring enough people for the workload and it is causing stress all around. There are not many chances for advancement and if Management holds a grudge they will do what they can to prevent someone the opportunity to advance.
Pros
Great Pay, Can work my own desk
Cons
Management, Stress, Workload
Small Company, Family Atmosphere and Culture
Territory Sales Manager--Wisconsin (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 20, 2017
Unique value proposition within the insurance industry, focusing solely on the Educator Market. Recently expanded into 2 new states (WI and IL), and expecting to expand into two more states in the next 12-24 months.
Great
Marketing/eCommerce intern (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 11, 2017
Everyone is so nice and kind. Great atmosphere. They care about your growth and your personal life. You won't ever have to worry about not being home for dinner.
Great place to work at for Insurance
Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 4, 2017
There is plenty of really friendly people that work here and know how to joke with each other while performing at their job with success. Management is also very supportive of you.
No chance of advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Morris, MIOctober 28, 2016
I learned a lot about the insurance industry. It was a small office of just 3 CSR and 1 clerical personnel. The people I worked with were helpful and everyone worked well together.
Good company overall
Injury / Casualty Claims Manager II (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 16, 2016
Overall, good company with opportunities for advancement. Good corporate culture, and emphasis on professional education and certifications.
Small but growing insurance company
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 29, 2016
What I've learned:

Their main focus is net promoter score. how to get that is provided by surveys. The survey system is not developed individually but is based off the initial person taking a claim, the claim representative, and the shop chosen if it is one of their educated choice repair facilities. one slip up can ruin your whole scoring, causing your individual net promoter score to lower incredibly. The only real way your job performance is calculated is by call quality audits and what kind of extra tasks you pick up/ask for, or applying for certifications. based on how well you interview and how well your manager likes you gets you in touch with this extra workload. You can of course ask for extra work but management, not just one specific person, tends to just brush you aside then hand the extra work to the person of their choice regardless. Which this also affects your raise of course.
For job advancement thy say they like to hire within. I've never seen such a blatant lie in my life. 4 job openings, 8 people within all in different departments able to lose 1 person apply, 6 within that have experience, 3 for outside with no experience get hired, 1 inside. 5 months to respond and let you know you didn't get the position.
After weeding out all the favorites and people leaving, I've finally advanced to where I would've like to be last year. Once you get the spot, you have the security. But you have to work work work and brown nose your way to the top.
There's more that goes on here, wish I could tell it all but only so many characters left to type.
Pros
leniency with work and life
Cons
favoritism is extremely & unfavorably high
Fast pace growing environment
Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 10, 2015
The customer are the best part of the job. Hardest part is being on the phone all day. They have a gym so that you can stay in shape.
Work hard and advance quickly
Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 17, 2013
Small insurance company in Michigan.
Good opportunities to advance if you work hard.
Friendly Co-workers.
Better than average customers.
Be ready to work long hours- especially during holliday times or large weather events.
Pros
walkway to lake in rear of property. fully equiped gym.
Cons
extra work/additional hours are expected

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MEEMIC Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

MEEMIC Insurance Reviews by Location