Read 22 answers
I left because I was unable to transfer to a new store. Either my line leader didn’t communicate with the new store or they did not accept me.
Issues due to being grossly understaffed. Then management expecting the 3rd shift to work overtime and not properly utilize the fresh batch of bodies that come in on first shift. They end up doing other tasks instead of picking up where 3rd shift leaves off. It’s more, typical short sighted Meijer thinking. Why are we sticking around until 10:00 in the morning when our out-time is 7:30? This isn’t a $13.90 an hour job. It should be so, so much more.
The management claim to be open to your schedule yet threaten to fire you when you have to change your availability or they never review it no matter how much you persist. I’ve personally never seen so many people quit a job at once and it tells you to get out of there as well.
It would be due to the fact that this company does not care about the employees, always running under staffed and expected to work harder during the days we are understaffed. There is a major lack of respect from management and an alarming number of employees that do very little.
Management, and coworkers.
Bad pay, poor management and it’s really easy for them to screw you over and get away with it
Low pay, Management, Union, Fired if you work over your hours. Most co-workers do not know anything about retail especially the ones that have worked in Meijer for years.. No Training at all and cannot move up in company unless you are a favorite to the managers..
Moving out of state
IRREGULAR HOURS FOR PART-TIME. Air conditioning in 2016 and 2017 was awful in the back of the store and break room. I sweat from July to September.
If you don't know how to work a forklift and you want to be a stocker will they train you?
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Meijer a better place to work?54 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Meijer?38 people answered
- How much does cashiers make hourly30 people answered
- Does meijer drug test of any kind?25 people answered
- What is the best part of working at Meijer?24 people answered
- If you are part time can you work over time ?19 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Meijer? What are the steps along the way?18 people answered
- How flexible are your working hours at Meijer?16 people answered
- How long does a background check take ?16 people answered
- Are you paid weekly or bi-weekly?15 people answered