Meijer Employee Reviews

31.7K
Found 5,788 reviews matching the search See all 5,804 reviews
Not good
Pricing, cashier (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, MIMay 18, 2018
There is never enough help, the freezer space is too small, management badgers, is unpleasant, and doesn't do a good job managing when selves are empty of product thru out the store.
manegment is horrible
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, MIMay 17, 2018
manegment will sit and talk to other employees about fellow employees, very unprofessional, hours vary they are never the same from week to week, the training is long.
A Great Place, for Retail
Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Alma, MIMay 17, 2018
I worked as a cashier and general member of the service team. My management was very coordinated and strong, and every employee was guaranteed at least 4 hours every shift and 20 hours a week every week.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Customer Service
Pharmacy isn't the job for me
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 17, 2018
Retail pharmacy has all the stress of retail with the addition of having to follow State and Federal law. No sense of accomplishment, heartless insurance companies restricting patients from sometimes life saving drugs, and generally angry customers. I ended up with stress induced muscle spasm.
Okay
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHMay 17, 2018
Loved my job. A lot of drama. Pay is terrible especially isn’t your doing 5 jobs in one. Some people got away with things while others didn’t. Not enough employees.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Drama, pay
Productive and a fun place to work.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 17, 2018
There's really not too much bad things to say about Meyers, I did enjoy working for Meyers the only reason why I did not continue to stay at Meijer was because of relocation and my transportation.
Decent workplace with major flaws
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIMay 16, 2018
Overall, it is a decent place to work. The work-life balance is pretty good and usually has a pretty flexible schedule. There are definitely some things that should be changed though. Most technicians spend way too much time on their phones and play inappropriate music while customers can see and hear everything they do. There are a select few individuals who think they are "above" the schedule and feel they can do what they want. Management definitely needs work here. No real consequences are ever given out when someone does something wrong. Also the pharmacy was severely understaffed at least 2-3 days per week. But most of the people were pretty friendly and a joy to work with.
Pros
Flexibility, work-life balance, friendly.
Cons
Highly stressfull, understaffed, weak management.
Clean work environment with good co-operations.
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIMay 16, 2018
Meijer is a unionized business, which is fantastic. Some of the managers can be a little power hunger, or even vindictive to family members of other workers, so having a fantastic union that has their employees backs to fight against unfair practices ensures no improper punishments are given.

The store managers typically are extremely helpful, curious, and knowledgeable. The entire open-door policy that Meijer employs is handled beautifully, especially at the higher echelon of management.
Pros
Great union reps, works with many schedule, overall clean business.
Cons
Some terrible lower-level managers that bully employees
Managers are not trained well
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fraser, MI 48026May 16, 2018
The raises are regularly given. Managers need to be trained on soft skills.
Always kept my total hours where they needed to be.
They never want workers to believe they did a nice job.
Plenty of departments to choose.
Pros
10% Discount on general merchabdise
Cons
Bouncing schedules. Known for grossly under staffing.
Pretty Self Explained
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHMay 16, 2018
It was just a temporary job that I had during high school. The management wasn't fair at times because they had their favorites. The best thing about it was having good co-workers who you could get along with
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIMay 16, 2018
This was a run of the mill summer employment opportunity before returning to college in the fall. The hours were as many as I needed per week, and days off were easy to request and usually granted.
great place to work
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Angola, INMay 16, 2018
great atmosphere, great place to work. Excellent managers with communication skills, a team environment, I loved working there, and wish I could have stayed.
Typical retail work with a friendly staff
General Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 16, 2018
I've heard many people complain about Meijer before and in my experience, a lot of the complaints were generally unfounded. There we a few people in managerial positions who didn't quite work well with the people beneath them; however most managers were friendly and more than willing to help regarding any issues or questions you had while on the job.

The atmosphere was fairly fast paced while also being highly friendly. A general summation would be that as long as you did your job in a timely manner, there were hardly ever issues between employees and management.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Little room for advancement
work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 16, 2018
they are a good place to work for the issue they have is some of the management are micromanagers. and everyone has a group who they talk to and some people jut don't do anything there
Good if you dont mind retail hours.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMay 16, 2018
Pro: They reimburse the cost of my pharmacy tech license, cover my classes to keep my license and the benefits are great.

Con: If you are full time expect to be scheduled all over the place and many weekends. You will be under staffed. Corporate has some good ideas but are not always realistic in the working environment. To move up to corporate you have to play a political butt kissing game.
Great people to work with
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MIMay 15, 2018
Love having the flexibility to work hours that give me more time with family. Management has always been fair and respectful. Work with a lot of really great people who care about customers.
Customer Service Coordinator/Pricing Coordnator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 15, 2018
Nice place to work... employer enjoys the customers
Enjoy working at Meijer just need a different pace and venue everyone is friendly to each other love the customers
Pros
Surprise lunchrond
Cons
Health in
Very Busy Department Store
Electronics Photo Lab Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 15, 2018
I did learn some more computer skills and repair skills needed to fix Cash Registers, Coupon Printers, Internet connections, etc.

The culture of Meijer had change so much since I worked there around High School. The Time Clock and missed days even if called in were counted against you.

With the changes in employment in Retail it is now normal for fewer Employees to do more work.

The one Positive was that Co-Workers were usually Good People trying to help each other.
Pros
Co-Workers, Insurance
Cons
The Demerit System on Sick Days
not a fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 14, 2018
I did not have a positive experience while working at Meijer and i feel it would be too painful to relive my time working there , i don't think it would be productive to e- account my time there
Pros
some management
Cons
upper management
Its was a laid back environment for the most part.
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 14, 2018
At meijer's its like a big machine and each department is a part of it. Also they really do put the customer first and is nice family friendly environment to work in.
Pros
short but spread out breaks
Cons
due to being a retail store it for the most part requires to work weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meijer. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.2Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss