Meijer Employee Reviews

Need to do better
Fashion inventory coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 15, 2018
This company under pays. The work ethnic is more then what you receive. Management doesn't pay you what your worth. All though I have learned many things. I am in need for more pay and mangers that to over and beyond as us employees do.
Pros
Nice work shift
Cons
Wages, Day's off, lack of help, doesn't meet concerns, isn't safe
Worst place to work..team leaders are bullys
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 14, 2018
If you want to work with friendly people ..avoide meijer like plagues. The higher ups are awful people ..the team leaders especially are awful ...they tell you to take break every two hour but if you do the team leaders gets a attitude and yells at you .
Pros
Cons
Awful team leaders, short breaks, extra work without getting paid overtime.
Don’t ever work at the Southport road store in Indianapolis
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2018
I was nothing but discriminated against. Treated unfairly, and terminated for no valid reason. You bring issues to your team leader and above and are treated like scum afterwords. They have a “open door policy” to try and get disputes handled fairy witch doesn’t work and if you do go to your store director or anyone else my team leader cut my hours and purposely treated me horrible. Wrote me up for everything while
Not enforcing rules for other team members.
Pros
Decent starting pay.
Cons
Very poor management. Strict Stupid rules.
Too many hours during high school
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Acme, MIJuly 14, 2018
Scheduled too many hours while during my Senior year at high school. Also I unfortunately had to have emergency surgery, they would not respect my weight restrictions.
bakery/deli
Specialty Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHJuly 14, 2018
i loved my job but i left to work at eyemed for money and then stop there to be a stay at home mom. i worked in the bakery half my time there and the peers where nice to be around and one day they as short in the deli and moved me there for the rest of my time there
Good co-workers, friendly management (even though they were stressed out most of the time)
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, MIJuly 13, 2018
Overall, a decent place to work. Pay was lower than comparable jobs, but the co workers were great. It was a union job, which wasn't necessarily a good thing, but eh...you can't win them all. Clean environment, fairly relaxed, even when busy. The jobs were fairly easy, if repetitive and taxing on the body.
Pros
Clean, friendly
Cons
Low pay, no mororized cart collector.
fun work place
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2018
I really enjoy working for Meijer the company the employees we where like family everyone enjoy coming to work, we look out for one other and we work good together I will go back if I could.
Pros
working with good people
Horrible Management
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 13, 2018
My immediate manager and the number two in the store both would tell people behind my back that they didn't like me. The second in command at my store blocked my full time benefits for a YEAR when I was hired as full-time, and then smiled at me and said I didn't have enough paid vacation time to take my vacation I'd planned and put in for months ago. That's when I decided to quit - and that's after a year of hoping they'd transfer or fire the cancer that was in that store.

Corporate is actually pretty great but they don't seem to be very good at controlling their in store management team - I will never work for the managers I worked for again, but if the opportunity arises to work for a new crew the compensation was very fair and the benefits package (if I actually get it) was pretty good.
Pros
Good benefits, compensation
Cons
Bad management, good ol boy system well in place
I enjoyed working at Meijer for the most part
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 12, 2018
Meijer was a nice place to work for the most part. There were a few inexperienced Head Cashiers, but management was very knowledgeable. Information was not always conveyed to cashiers that was important for us to know.
Was a good job.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILJuly 12, 2018
I worked outside so it wasn't always the best. Customers weren't always nice either. It was a good place to work though all things considered. Another downside was back pains from pushing carts.
Love my co-workers, the job is strenuous
Grocery Backroom Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 12, 2018
The company does have a family vibe at store level even though it is large. One of the things that kept me longest was the friends I made. Pay and benefits are better than you think, but not the best for management. Very physical which is both an advantage and weakness. Very few weekends off and if you are new be aware that you are likely to begin with part-time hours. As a team leader, you are almost constantly running. At the time I'm writing this, there is a low staffing issue which seems to come and go every 6 months. I was able to grow with this company and receive promotions almost annually, but I know my experience does not relate to most in the company. I have experienced highs and lows working there, but something kept me going for 4 years.
Pros
friends, high activity, easy work
Cons
understaffing, dealing closely to the public, no weekends off/not always a set schedule
Stressful
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJuly 12, 2018
It was stressful most times. Mangers were rotated nearly every two months. There was little room for improvement. No additional aid was given when needed.
Pros
Any time after 8 hours in a single shift counted as overtime, great team members
Cons
Impossible to form meaningful relationships with mangers, little room for improvement
Fast Paced
Selector (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHJuly 12, 2018
Really enjoyed working here for the time I did. It is physically demanding and fast. Plenty of room to move up if you make it past you 90 days. Great benefits and hourly wages.
Pros
Good pay and flexible
Cons
really didnt have a con
Meijer
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 12, 2018
Neither was a great place to work for. Working at the gas station was one of the best jobs I have ever had. I do miss it sometimes. But since I have moved on to better job in a call center setting that is full time. I do not have the risk of getting my hours cut.
Meijer review
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 11, 2018
I really enjoyed the job I had at meijer. My big issue was that it had very poor management. Id love to work at a different one if the opportunity presented itself. I worked the graveyard shift unloading the truck with the forklift and taking the produce to my end the meat to the middle and the dairy to the far end. The dairy guy put away all the dairy as I would unload. Afterwards I was responsible for putting away the meat and all the produce. I was doing 3 peoples jobs by the end of my time there.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Poor management
Productive and busy.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 11, 2018
It was a productive environment. Things were at a fair pace, co-workers were very helpful, encouraging and honest. There was room to grow if desired, management did their job up to par and so did the co-workers in their efforts to help customers to the best of their abilities.
Pros
Meijer Points, coupons, employee discounts
Cons
write-ups.
Really good place to work
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 11, 2018
The managers are super friendly depending on where your working in the store and the employees are even more friendly while still being tired from keeping up with the customers demands. The managers won't ask you to do something they wouldn't do, and everyone is respected
Good place
GM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed working here in the fashion department my co workers were friendly and helped each other out. I didn't like having to cashier at times it would be so crazy. It is a good place to work nice benefits for full time.
Pros
Breaks, benefits
Cons
Stressful at times, busy
ok
Inventory Assistant/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 11, 2018
● Developed excellent customer service by serving at least one hundred customers everyday to fulfill their dietary need
● Ensure a properly organized display by keeping shelves clean and fully stocked with merchandise, through the process of front-facing, rotating, replacing out-of-date products, checking codes, and maintaining correct pricing and signage.
● Maintained an orderly work environment by sanitizing counters, keeping detailed logs on food temperature, and keeping logs of cook times as well as spoilage
cashiering like anywhere else
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 10, 2018
this was one of my first cashiering jobs and was pretty basic. I had no chance of advancement at any given point, even though I tried. They just like you to keep your head down and do your job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meijer. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
42K
31.9K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

53out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Meijer.