Meijer Employee Reviews

Found 7,001 reviews matching the search See all 7,020 reviews
Not a Bad Place
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 15, 2019
Meijer was good to me, other than a change in policy which shifted my teams shift from 10 pm to 6 am to 4 am till noon. Management at the time would not listen to us about how this was going to affect our ability to finish our tasks. They have since changed it back.
Pros
Hour lunches
Was very pleasurable
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MIJanuary 14, 2019
The job was honestly great even though it had its ups and downs with others showing up to there shift to work but for the most part, it was a great learning experience with plenty of promotion opportunities.
Pros
breaks
Cons
someone might not show up for there shift
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIJanuary 14, 2019
was not terrible, was very quick passed, some of the managers are great, others should loose their jobs, was able to get discounts on certain sections of the store
Great Job!
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJanuary 14, 2019
I feel like Meijer is a great "job" not really for a career however. Advancement is pretty limited but it is a great company overall. They are super strict with overtime and will get mad sometimes when a regular employee works overtime even if needed.
A great starter job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MIJanuary 13, 2019
Not really a career place. But, a great place for retired to work part time as an added income and young college students or higher schoolers to start out in life.
Pros
Paid weekly and discount
Cons
They force you to stay over if need be
Service coordinator, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 13, 2019
Good place to work, good benefits good management, worked through college and only left because of receiving a job closer to my degree as I have received back. Interior design
Pros
Cons
Pay
productive
3rd Shift Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 12, 2019
good place to work very busy and productive. i was a 3rd shift worker it was still busy but not as busy its a great place and time to work on your customer service skills
It’s a job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 11, 2019
Working for Meijer was mostly terrible, both because of the customers and the management. Breaks were often an hour late. Scheduling was consistent as far as hours go, but you never knew if you’d be working night or morning - and if you requested a specific time, you usually wouldn’t get it. Time off was easy to request & often granted, so long as it wasn’t during a holiday week. The only real upside to working here is the 10% discount on general merchandise. If you really need money, they’re always hiring here - but the fact that they’re always hiring should say a lot about the quality of the job.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Late breaks, Bad management, Customers, Inconsistent scheduling
Fast pace but fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Alma, MIJanuary 11, 2019
My boss was a really cool guy. Talked to us personally about his hobbies and life and made the stressful days as less stressful as he could.My co-workers were very nice too. I was the youngest so they were my mentors and work moms. Our department was very close like family and I enjoyed working for them.
Pros
Good vibes within my team, fast pace so the days flew by
Cons
Almost to fast pace and a good amount of people that were lazy which made my job harder
Fun loving community
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Love the environment and everyone who has joined the team . Nobody ever feels left out.Everyone has a fair chance of growth within the company. :)))))
Fast paced helping customers
I guess I would say Jack of all trades (Former Employee) –  Jenison, MIJanuary 10, 2019
Went I started to work there. I worked in the warehouse and had to unload trucks with all kinds of things from food to other merchandise for the store. After about a month there I took a class on forklifts so I could get my forklift license. After receiving that I started to unload trailers with the forklift and putting sorted pallets on shelves. I did that for about 5 months then they asked me if I would consider a job shift to running the bottle return area and load the empties into trucks and when I finished I would help stock shelves. The people I worked with were mostly college kids and they would call me old man or Gramps. I didn't mind. I guess the hardest part of the job was the pay. I was paid minimum wage and didn't see anyway of bettering it at the time. The most enjoyable part of working there was the people that worked with me.
Pros
Good Personel to work with.
Cons
Not being paid for the job that you do.
Meijer deli worker (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, MIJanuary 10, 2019
I worked for the petoskey location. Management is very poor.. You never have the supplies required to do your job. Management doesn't care what you have to say or any of your complaints, they just don't care. They will fire you without hesitation for little to no reason whatsoever. You are expected to pickup the slack of others, who have been there for years and years and they just simply don't want to do their job. But because they've been there for so long, nothing is done. NONE of my coworkers enjoyed working there, but obviously need a paycheck so they put up with it.

You're expected to get out at a certain time during the winter, but it is IMPOSSIBLE with the few workers on your shift... You end up staying over DAILY because of the lack of help. Management will walk by and avoid all eye contact when seeing that there is a counter full of people, because they don't care. They don't want to help. When you first get employed at meijer, they say that everyone is a family and that everybody helps eachother.. well that's not the case. Nobody cares about you or anything you have to do.. they just want results. Worst management I've EVER had the displeasure of working for. I would NEVER recommend working at the petoskey location with the current management. Most of them are utterly worthless.
Pros
Good pay, two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch
Cons
Long hours, poor management, never have required work supplies
good stater job
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJanuary 10, 2019
managment doesnt know what they are doing. there is to much work placed on one person. good benefits and paid days off there is also a union to help with job security.
Pros
10% discount, hours, flexible hours
Cons
stressful, flexible hours
It’s a busy environment
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 10, 2019
It’s an okay company to work for until a better job comes along. Most people only will stay anywhere from 1-5 years. If you like a temporary position, this company will be fine.
Work alot of hours in November and December and January you have no work
General Packer (Current Employee) –  Tipp City, OHJanuary 10, 2019
You have to work 9 months as part time and you don't have any paid time off or any holiday pay. You work overtime that is posted a hour and half before your normal day work is over.
Pros
Last min. over time
Cons
Managment is good
Customer Focus
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILJanuary 9, 2019
My job was make sure each customer experience was positive and they left happy. I was happy to help them with any questions or direct them accordingly. Assist them any way possible
Pros
Interaction with customers daily
Cons
Weed pulling and snow shoveling
not the best, but it's something
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MI 48183January 9, 2019
I worked at Meijer for 3 years, but never felt appreciated as an employee. My department was near consantly understaffed and it didn't help that corporate was cutting the part timer hours to around 17 a week. I was called in quite a bit to cover or told to stay well past my end shift to help someone left alone, but when I was left alone we suddenly didn't have the hours available to get someone to come help me out. The managers and coworkers weren't horrible as people, but working with them got on my nerves quite a bit.
Pros
made some friends through coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 9, 2019
They have poor management, will tell you that you can have a certain day off but still schedule you for that day. I did not enjoy working here the only good thing was the 11.50 an hour pay and the 10% discount.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Poor management
just a starting job for a lot of people unless you move up
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MIJanuary 9, 2019
A great starting job! For anyone who is interested in starting their working careers. The management was always nice and always thinking about what is best for you whether that is Meijer or a different job.
Nice people and good teamwork
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIJanuary 9, 2019
I liked wirking there they were nice and they apreciated that i was bilingual. I worked hard but they were very strict and didn't give much hours no matter how much I asked and didn't understand that I was a single.mother I didn't have a reliable babysitter most days and none to help me they wanted to fire me because I had to call off work once becsaur I had no baby sitter and my daughter was sick and because I came in late twice because I had to take my daughter towns away to a family members house.they wouldn't understand or try to understand the struggle or work with my emergencies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meijer. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
42.2K
32.1K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Meijer.

Powered by Comparably