Meijer

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Easy enough job, great coworkers, but does not pay well or have great benefits

On going issues that were never dealt with from management, cap out pay is $15 and good luck ever getting enough time off earned to take an actual vacation.

Pros

They work with your availability

Cons

Pay caps out at $15, hardly ever earn vacation time. If you have an issue, it won't be dealt with.

If you're lazy it's for you

Worked third shift. No communication with management. Left to fend for yourself with customers. Anything that didn't get done during the day was left for third shift to do. So much food wasted on a daily basis. Never properly cleaned for covid or a normal business day. Will hire anyone. Favor the employees that have been there for years even if they are horrible employees.

Pros

Left alone, can wear earbuds

Cons

Lazy coworkers and management that pass off the blame and work to someone else

Fun place to work, but needs more staff and better starting pay.

The Deli was a great place to work in but you're often overworked and under paid. It's hard to get your break or lunch on time and more often then not You're stuck closing the deli by yourself. People come in when they want to and leave the shift when they want to. Way too much gossiping and not enough working going on. They play favorites and don't accommodate good employees. Wouldn't recommend for someone with a family or a busy family schedule. They expect way too much for pay that's not comparable to other retail deli's.

Pros

Points to get gift cards

Cons

Late breaks and lunches, low pay, gossip, overworked

Busy workplace with very little free time

Overall this is a decent place to work. The pay is often not enough for what you are expected to do but you get paid weekly so that somewhat makes up for it.

Pros

Busy workplace that keeps you distracted

Cons

Short breaks, bad management, not enough pay

Ehhh

Forced to work positions I was never hired for. Low pay with a lot of work duties. Management in front end liked to hide in their offices and not help out when store was busy.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, worked hard, rude management

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Nice place to work.

Coworkers and management are nice to work with. There is always something to do which makes the time go by fast. Customers can be nice. Always looking forward to going into work.

The culture is great, like family.

I absolutely love working at Meijer. They really care about their employees and the communities in which they serve. They are always paying back to the employees and thanking us for our hard work. Very inclusive and I love it.

Pros

Inclusive work environment

Cons

Very, very busy.

It's ok

It's ok. Management is horrible. There is a new manager every month literally. No incentives is a big bummer for me. When I first started we had them . Now nothing

Pros

Mostly friendly customers

Cons

Short break rude managers

Dont do it

Being a cashier wears on you it is exhausting. They don't let you sit down and don't count on getting out on tune they will make you stay over. This place is incompetent

It was good

typical day at work, Learned about things, The management and workplace culture with the ahrdest part about the job being, the most enjoyable part about the job being

Pros

asdf

Cons

asf

Grocery store work

Typical grocery store work and employees. Some people work very hard some do the minimum some way less. Very flexible with schedule and time off or switching shifts

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Rude customers

Don’t apply if you don’t like to run

The only good thing about this job is your coworkers. The pay is the 18.50. You will not make over 20/hour for a while after being there. Im talking like 5+ years. Management has some good guys but mostly are selfish and don’t care about the workers. They have awful union reps and don’t even have the amount required for the number of departments and/or shifts. Also I’m not joking when I say unless you can run about 4-5 miles a day do not expect to like this job. They require you to run up and down aisles to pick containers and stack them on pallets on your equipment. You get maybe 20-45 minutes per pick which are upward of 15+ pages long. Also your supervisors tend to catch a lot of attitude

Pros

People and pay isn’t too awful

Cons

Everything else

A good place to work if you're just starting

Meijer is a good starting job if you're a teen or returning to the workforce, decent pay, and a stress-free environment. My manager at the time was very helpful and always put everyone in a better mood.

Pros

-Friendly coworkers -Laidback

Cons

-Not the best career choice

Only recommend for kids out of high school

Not a job for an adult trying to make a living. They say you'll be "full time" and you will only get around 20 hours a week, if you're lucky. The people are great and the job isn't hard, but they could most definitely be more honest about the work

Pros

Nice people, easy job

Cons

No hours

Large company = flexibility

Like any large company, your manager (and their manager) have a large impact on your happiness at work. I've had good managers and avoided bad ones over the years. If you don't find a good fit, there are usually opportunities to move to another area.

Used to be nice, gone downhill

I started in August 2020, and it was a good place to work then. Management tends to get on your back for any little thing and then they accuse you of being picky when you ask for an accomodation. My fiance wasn't even allowed to use his cane on the floor without a letter of accomodation. Pay was nice though, and they gave out "points" equaling $500 over November and December to redeem for things in the achievers app.

Pros

pay raises are automatic, breaks are required by union, bonuses around the holidays

Cons

healthcare is too expensive for part timers, you still get penalties for being out sick even with doctors notes.

Severely underpaid for the type of work done.

Although this is common across all retail pharmacies, pharmacy technicians at Meijer are severely underpaid for the knowledge required to do the work that we do. This is especially true during the Covid outbreak and the corporate money grab that vaccinations are. No increased staffing and double the work load, equals patients extremely upset about delays we have no control of, and the people they unload on are the techs. Sadly, time to find a new job.

Pros

None at this time

Cons

Constantly getting abused by customers and reprimanded management!

Fast paced

Plenty to do and not a boring job. Good pay for the area, learn new things and so workers around are nice. Great place to move up and good benefits...

If i could rate them any lower, i would

Worst place I have ever worked in my life, management is lazy, pay is atrocious and they do not care about personal life at all, your time outside of work is expected to be spent watching your phone so they can call you

Pros

There are no pros

Cons

Poor management, long hours, low pay, short breaks and rude customers

Awsome job.

The manager turnover is pretty high there. I loved my job stocking in midnights and i started out with awsome managers but one retired and the other found a different job and the replacements were not as caring and were mean a lot for no reason.

Pros

Decent breaks and lunch

Cons

Poor management

Growth if willing to work multiple shifts and relocate. Will not do well without patience. Favoritism is noticeable.

As with most jobs. Higher level leadership roles are political to obtain. Need to be a yes person to a higher degree. Quickest growth is to relocate.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Not much autonomy compared to years in past.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meijer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

54%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

31%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss