Meijer Employee Reviews

Found 6,830 reviews matching the search See all 6,848 reviews
Stressful, unfriendly atmosphere
Inventory coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marysville, MINovember 13, 2018
This is not a good place to work, the management staff doesn't care about their teams and refuses to work around their employees home lives. Single mothers have to spend their paychecks on babysitters because their managers will not work them during a school day schedule even having the necessary seniority.
Great.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 12, 2018
I would recommend working there. I will definitely be going back to work with them. They are fair they actually listen if you have any complaints. They are excellent.
They promote from within.
Food Stocking Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INNovember 12, 2018
Good place fo work. If you want hours, you can get them. Advancement opportunity is there and pay is fair at all levels. Can be extreamely stressful during the holidays, and you will likely end up doing someone else's job on a daily basis.
Pros
Paid breaks, flexable scheduling, easy to miss a day if you need to
Cons
Poor communication between all levels of team members and management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MINovember 12, 2018
I love love loved working at the pharmacy, I loved my coworkers, my patients and the atmosphere. There was never a slow day at the pharmacy and I like a fast paced environment.
Little did I know I have a low immune system and I ended up getting a bad virus that made me sick for 4 months. If you get sick easily the pharmacy or any health job isn't for you.
Pros
flexible hours, cute smocks, great clips discount
Cons
30 minute breaks, saturday's are 10 hour shifts
Meijer was a great place to work!
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 12, 2018
Meijer was a great place to work because there was a fair balance of work and family. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and I was always so happy to help customers in any way that I could. I met some wonderful people a long the way and I highly recommend working for Meijer because the managers really do an excellent job of training you and working around your work schedule as much as they can if you have a family.
It's not bad but not good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MINovember 11, 2018
In the interview they tell you that you will be given "notice" OCCASIONALLY. I got notice almost everyday of the first year a I worked there. It is ridiculous, you can't make plans for after work because you never know when you are getting off of work.

Notice is a system Meijer uses to keep you at work past your scheduled out time. If you are only scheduled to work a 4 or 5 hour shift, and it gets busier than the service coordinator likes, they give you Notice and they can and will keep you up to 8.5 hours. And if you cannot stay or don't want to and just leave, they give you an early departure and it counts against your attendance.
Horrible School like environment
Service Desk Associate/Cashier/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Muskegon, MINovember 11, 2018
Feels like a high school. They treat you like children. Management is unstable. Management takes breaks with their favorites without clocking out for breaks, they just go out to picnic table or cars and smoke without clocking out. They gossip about each other. Very unstable...and a lot of stuff going on behind closed doors. They put food back on shelves that are bad. Just dont work their if u don t have too. Also if u shop their...grab the product behind the one in front just incase.
Good if your not going anywhere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 11, 2018
Can be great depending on management. Some managers will make work great and others will make it stressful. The same for advancement. It all depends on who is in charge.
Typical day
Inventory quality control specialist (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MINovember 11, 2018
A typical day was stocking products to the floor or checking hole count and paperwork. People are pleasant. Store director, you know to never trust him or what comes out of his mouth.
Pros
2 breaks, 1 lunch and kind staff
Cons
Back room is too dark to be productive
Productive, but not alot of happy people
Grocery receiving (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILNovember 11, 2018
I enjoyed myself working there overall didnt enjoy the low amount a pay for the amount of responsibilities required for the position as well as poor training methods
Grocery
Grocery (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 10, 2018
It is a good place to find a job. I had a great time being there. You have to deal with people and questions on everything but it is worth it. You get to learn skills you might not think you have when dealing with situations you come across.
Hard and easy job
Deil clerk (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MINovember 10, 2018
It was a good first job. People we great and they help you long the way. Some days were harder then other. We had slow days and fast days. The people always work together to make sure everyone was happy
Pros
Healthcare 401k
Cons
never had enough people working
The coworkers are great people are very friendly
Produce Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 10, 2018
Customers are really nice people the crew I work with are really customer driven and we really like it when we are able to give the customers what they need , on a personal note I have received accolades for helping customers on more than occasion
Pros
Hours are flexible
Cons
Table changes weekly and customers can't fimd products
Not the worst but not the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 10, 2018
This would be a job that you only get if you NEED a job. Not good managers, they don’t listen, always mandating people. Not flexible at all.............
Pros
Cons
A lot
Poor place to work bad training
Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WINovember 9, 2018
We were not trained properly but expected to do our jobs fast and accurate. When asked to do tasks no one was ever on same page and noone ever knew how to do their jobs propertly but we were always held accountable for errors or mistakes up to write ups and terminations pasted off poor management and training procedures.
Manager
Beer stock (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHNovember 9, 2018
Talks bout employees behind their backs. Expect unrealistic goals. It doesnt matter if you are hurt or not they expect job done. I couldnt lift anything due to tennis elbow but they expected me to lift 50 lb cases of water over and over again
Fair
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 9, 2018
Working for this company was good for a period of time. The customers were a headache but tolerable. The environment overall was okay nothing too special.
Pros
discount on product
Cons
Customers can be rude
meijer job experience
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 9, 2018
a typical day at work. what i learned. management. workplace culture. the hardest part of the job. do not include confidental compant information or personal
Busy work environment
Grocery Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MINovember 9, 2018
This is a great place to work if you like people and like to be busy. It is difficult to have work life balance because of the high rate of turnover and the fact that it is a 24hr business.
Pros
Fun, team oriented atmosphere
Cons
In flexible scheduling and low wages for hourly employees
Good pay Leadership is lacking
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 8, 2018
Many good people at meijer stores, all over. Good people In Every state. Many of the management in corporate are old school, politically motivated, stab in back, climb to the top types.
Pros
Checks didn’t bounce
Cons
High stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meijer. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
42.1K
32K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight