Meijer
Information from Meijer:

Meijer Employee Reviews

United States8,940 reviews
Found 8,940 reviews matching the search
The job was easy, the pay wasn't the best but it also wasn't the worst. The biggest issue was with management and coworkers, they're very messy and everyone talks about everyone behind their backs but smile in their face.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Schedule flexibility
Undermined constantly by bosses against minorities. I found the union reps to be much more concerned with the interests of management than those of the union members.
The job is great with the exception they will not accommodate disabled people or people who might require a reduced hour work shift. They want you available for 40+ hours.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Many holdovers, say goodbye to any after work life.
It was a good Job and I enjoyed the work environment. My bosses and coworkers were friendly it got challenging at times. But nothing I couldn’t handle or succeed with
Managers showed favoritism, and overall a lot of drama between them and Co-workers. overall work was was easy and straightforward, but the whole atmosphere was a little bit stressful for me
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I worked there for a year and a half as a cashier. At a year, I maxed out on raises. They tell you that you max out at $10.50/hour as a cashier. What's the motivation after that to do a good job if you're not going to get any more raises? There's also little room for advancement unless one of the managers quits. So you're stopped at $10.50/hour.

Management is lazy, they watch customers bag their own groceries when you're short on baggers. They are big on using terms like "team" and "team members" Well teams work together, they don't stand over by an office doing nothing.
Cons
lazy management, no room for advancement.
Starting out I was excited, as it was my first job. As the months have gone by and new management has been put in place it’s slowly started teetering downhill, as the new management isn’t very.. let’s say, fair. Other than that, the coworkers are great and easy to get along with, and the job itself isn’t that hard.
Great job for school kids, learn how to work! Not easy on your feet though. The people you work with is the best thing, meeting new people that you become friends forever with.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
On your feet entire time
Bad and horrible and they don't care about you .pay is horrible people are horrible store director is horrible .no leadership and I would never tell anyone to work there
This was a store that was the size of three football fields and it was nice getting around the store and beeing able to have a job coach who got me the job at meijer
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
If you enjoy doing your heavy work load and having more added and part of someone elses,while they get paid the same if not more than you,while being lied to by managers and told if you get any overtime at all you can be written up,what gets agreed upon verbally WILL NEVER HAPPEN,getting told reviews and raises,"are not necessary ". Having a manager smile to your face and literally go behind your back and give you excessive points,well then this is the place for you.You are insignificant, unless they are in a bind then you'll be promised things that will never happen.my advice..RUN do not walk away.
Pros
Great store director and RRA( human resources), a few other managers are great also, weekly pay
Cons
Union gets no results, heavy work load, lots of empty promises no raises horid work environment
Amazing work staff, but they tend to stetch you thin some days and it can get extremely stressful. I need more room to further my job and pay. They have good benefits and vacation day opportunity.
Management went down tubes, no communication. Also they will make you work weekends no matter what and change your schedule without telling you. I was 1st shift for a year and one day I was switched to second shift. That doesn't work for me I said but they don't care. Also I worked 36 hours a week and was told multiple times I would be switched to full time status so I can get benefits and health insurance I need. That never happened...on top of that they say its "family" there but not true at all. Everyone I was hired with a year ago either got fired over some questionable reasons or quit cuz they're fed up. Do yourself a favor and stay away from working at this terrible company!
I have been working at Meijer for almost 9 years. The company has changed a lot in this fine. I feel very supported and looked out for by my manager. He is a kind person who is helpful.
Pros
Rewards, manager
Cons
Low pay
Do not work for this company all who is hire up is lazy they push to many jobs on you that you cant get done on your shift then yell in your face that you didn't get them done it is a learn by your self job they teach you nothing and the pay is not what it should be all so if you join the union its not worth the money they will not help you and they take the side of the company before you
Pros
Cons
poor management
Other then being short handed, which had workers working longer hours. Benefits are good, actually get them for Part Time People, not just Full Time workers.
Pros
Benefits and Friendly Coworkers
Cons
For me, Working 1 Mandatory Overnight Shift
this is a basic retail type of employer looking for someone to complete tasks. Great for a student who needs a straightforward income and clearly defined hours while going through school.
Pros
Able to work part time
Cons
Little incemtive for full time or growth
Really like it a lot!, management is really great! Teams work together as a team ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Meijer is a second family and I would go ahead and reapply again and again even I suppose to retire. Can't really see anything wrong for me, I got paid when I suppose to, get paid vacation when I asked and I even work over time to make up or to just help out more.
Pros
Can take a longer lunch break, but mine was only 45 min. I don't go over, let u take overtime to finish, quality of teamwork, and can make friends easily.
Cons
Sometimes when u asked for a paid vacation, u don't get it.
I learned alot from power pallet jack to talking to vendors about new product. The overnight grocery stock team was fun. Worked hard and helped eachother out
Pros
Good job
Cons
Alot of work on holidays
Ok if you need a temporary part time job. Or if you need to get some job experience. Wouldn't recommend working here if you're trying to become a manager. Other stores starting pay is higher then their top out pay.
Pros
co worker are nice
Cons
Bad management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meijer. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9K
2.6K
2.6K
1K
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

36%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.