Meineke Car Care Employee Reviews

Sucks
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2018
Bad job experience. Would never send anyone to the shop. Poor management and worse ownership. Never got paid what i was worth. Would never go back no matter what.
Pros
non
Cons
Some days I would come in and be told I couldn't work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 23, 2018
A typical day at Meineke would start with cleaning, then involve a few oil changes, and end with a major fix or two. I would recommend this job to anyone entering the car industry.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Hours were irregular
A good life experience
Owner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 15, 2018
We owned the Meineke franchise for 30 years. Over the past 10 years it was difficult to find good employees, thus making it hard to run a well tuned shop. It was time to renew our franchise and we had to decide whether or not to continue owning the business.
We decided to sell. It took a few years, but we did find a couple who wanted to buy our business. I have taken a few months and now it's time to find a job that fills my needs.
Pros
Very challenging, very diverse.
Cons
Employees not showing up.
Good place for people for live at home with no bills
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXNovember 13, 2018
The master mechanic I learned from was great, very smart about everything and would teach you as long as you wanted to learn. that was the only good thing about working at this specific Meineke Car Care Center.
Pros
Learned alot about cars
Cons
everything else
Usually a fair paced atmosphere
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LANovember 8, 2018
I generally enjoyed my time at Meineke there were bad days but for the most part they were good, I was however allowed time off for doctors visits and other minor surgery that I had to have during my stay there. As a general rule the manager did look up whatever parts were needed as well as having the parts delivered to the shop. As for training the company paid for whatever training we needed and they also paid for our ASE testing, I however was already certified ASE Master Tech prior to being hired there but they have expired since then.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
No health insurance
great place for a young tech to start
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 1, 2018
Meineke is a great franchise to work for. The hours an be long and tough if you have a family but, they do give you the opportunity to move up in the store.
Pros
experience
Cons
no benefits
Workplace with no advancement or pay raises
B Tech (Current Employee) –  Wylie, TXOctober 24, 2018
For the 3+ years that i was employed there, i was promoted 3 times gotten my ASE certification and have never received a pay raise. There was a lack of communication between the front end and the bays, which lead to numerous problems, the owner has always had the shop understaffed, and shown no interest in hiring new technicians. The hardest part of the job, is the lack of job advancement, and pay increase. On the plus side, the most enjoyable part of the job was the other techs that i worked with that stayed more than 6 months.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, pay increase, hiring more techs, or job advancement
Just OK
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCOctober 23, 2018
This a place where you learn consistently and expand your knowledge base. Must be able to multi-task and be able to work under a lot pressure when its busy.
Nice
Tech Installer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2018
Nice open work place good tech nice boss real people great place to work or get your car worked on nice wating room clean restrooms nice waiting rooms wirh all you might need on your stay there
Manager
Shop manager (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 19, 2018
Location closed, owner was a drig dealer, tbankfully they have closed. Owner eas a hard guy to deal with zero care wS given with customer or vehicles.
it WAS a good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 10, 2018
usually had cars to work on,busy. the owner was great sold franchise
I enjoyed it overall! I liked the hours
Productive and fun place to work as first job out of college
Customer Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 2, 2018
Productive and fun place to work as first job out of college.

I was able to work and learn new skills.

Enjoyed working on and with a team.

Relaxed place to work
Not worth wasting your time
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCSeptember 30, 2018
Never have I worked somewhere that belittled me on my skills that made me quit working on cars for a living. Management took cars out from under me all the time and shorted my checks. Lies about the “1000 sign on bonus he listed on the add and said it was 500” made me pay to tow my box when they said it was paired by them.
Horrible pay
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 24, 2018
My job at Mieneke was brief, I worked for flag hours and put in 55 hours a week, however when I received my checks my pay was very small. I made about $295.00 every two weeks for 110 hours. i was not able to support my family with this job.
Pros
Cons
could not survive
Good place to start working for automotive
Technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 21, 2018
Okay place to work. friendly people. Fairly steady work could be busier. Management was okay, CEO is a good guy. really isn't a hard place to work for just be on time to work and do your job.
Pros
okay pay
Cons
no health insurance
Challenging environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 20, 2018
This job is for the hard worker who likes a challenge it is very rewarding for those who achieve. This job is a demanding day in and day out requiring an all in effort.
Great Working Environment
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Meineke car care service is a great company where I was able to expand my knowledge on labor as well as learn the trade of becoming a mechanic. This company also helped me gain insight on what it is like dealing with customers, as well as helped me to expand my customer care service.
I went through 2 owners with this shop
Lead, Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 13, 2018
The shop was very stressful regardless of the owner. The quality of the work was poor as we were forced to rush repairs and diagnostics with improper, missing or damaged equipment. We were required, through the District manager (to avoid overtime) to clock out at noon, and much of the time we wouldn't get our brakes.
Very relaxed job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 10, 2018
I loved working here. The job was pretty laid back and the people you work with are great. But I wasn’t getting enough hours every week for me. Everyone does their jobs right and there isn’t ever any butting heads.
good atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 5, 2018
The company was a customer driven business led by good customer service that put the customers needs first. We treated our customers like family and made maintenance schedules that fit their car needs and their budget.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, low stress
Cons
no health care and long shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meineke Car Care. Our community is ready to answer.