Mel Rapton Honda Employee Reviews

Job
SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  SacramJuly 5, 2018
Mel Rapton was a good company. Family owned with a great reputation in the community. I still work for them part time and enjoy the flexibility that I have.
if you can sell water to a well, then this job is perfect
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 30, 2018
good place to sell cars if you have the proper training and know-how. Potential to earn a great income. Not so great for business and management. Improper training and very cut throat.
Pros
opportunity to make good income
Cons
unreasonable expectations with lack of proper training.
Its a decent Job
Car Salesman (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 17, 2018
When I come in everyday we have a meeting then we head downstairs to the Point to try to grab a customer. We must make all of our phone calls before we go out. Ive learned how to effect someones thinking by different word tracks.
Pros
free lunches on weekends, drive fun cars.
Cons
short breaks, long days, not much free time
Mistake
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 27, 2018
More salesman then necessary on any given day to obviously provide an easy turnover rate. Team structure insists on customer sharing even though that contradicts the obvious each-person-for-themself expectations for every salesman. They enforce this on the pang of unemployment. The biggest problem is that theres a minimum sales expectation and if you get ANY help, you can get only half the credit for the sale. MRH is in the middle of nowhere, which might sound nice the way they like to paint the picture, but that is why 60% of the time is spent standing around. Share every sale like they force you to do and you'll need 22 sales a month just to keep your job, and thats still no certainty. They say its not for everyone and that would be alright if they didnt swear that it takes 3-6 months to learn and master sales, but they're ready to can you in less than 3 while dangling false hope. Honesty and integrity stop at the customer and an otherwise wonderful product, not within its Management.
Pros
Top salesmen make serious money
Cons
Its a fight to get clients and other salesmen including management, will screw you over any chance they get.
Nice
Contract Clerk/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Everyone is friendly and helpful. I have done this kind of work for many years. Hardest part I’d lack of communication with Sales department managers. Office Manager is extremely nice and helpful
Turn Over / Unstable environment for sales teams
Sacramento- Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CANovember 11, 2017
Over all, most employees were great to work with. A few, really were disrespectful to most of the other team mates and management seemed to not "step up" and take care of the culture that was declining.
Pros
Enjoyed selling Honda's- enjoyed customers
Cons
Management was not effective and turn over was high
The crew gets along great
Car Detailer/ buffer and sander (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 29, 2017
Since i have been at mel rapton honda no one has been injured we have a good day everyday. IIf you nred somthing there is always someone to help it could be you need tools or dolly its always a helping hand
Pros
Free lunch every weekend
Cons
Sometimes slow
Mistake!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 2, 2017
It was a mistake the sales is flooded the up system is broken its a good learning store for people that never sold cars however you really can't make money 10-14 people standing outside on a slow day people cutting to take up's they look like the automall with 20 salespeople standing outside in the hot sun you would think that its a family owned dealership of 56 years that it would be different
Change the management before the dealership goes down in flames
Pros
Free lunch weekends off great spiffs nice building
Cons
Management!
productive, fast paced work environment
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 17, 2016
Diagnosing and repairing multiple systems on a vehicle as well as doing preventative maintenance. I do online and hands on training on a daily basis. My co workers and managers are great when it comes to assisting me and any other employee who needs a helping hand.
Pros
room to grow
Needs improvement
Porter (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2015
typical day here is walking over 10 miles plus doing the job of 4 others. there is a lot of wasted talent here. needs improvement on management skills and dealing with people doing work and what the company guidelines are. co- workers are lazy and unproductive. management is nice but unfair and not stern enough. hardest part of the job is doing everyone else job and not being recognized for it. most enjoyable part of my day is that i am a hard worker and doing work that makes everyone else happy.
Pros
free dental
Cons
bad management, co-workers not working or show up late on a daily bases, and the list goes on.
Very friendly and quality oreinted.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento,caAugust 8, 2013
Very friendly enviroment. Quality oreinted. Management/employee relations very good.
Pros
Exciting place to work
Great employees
Parts and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 22, 2013
I worked from the ground up to Management of Fixed Operations
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Nothing negative
Mistake
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 3, 2012
Toxic environment preventing success. Selling cars with poor management and poor loan department. Income low.