Melaleuca Employee Reviews

1 Star is too generous
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Idaho FallsJuly 17, 2018
My typical day of work was awful. The customers are rude and management will not care or stand up for you no matter what happens. It's always about the customer and never about the employee. The only way you get promoted is if you're related or in a relationship with a higher up.
The culture here is awful. Half of the people in my department want to quit because of how much management has screwed us over. You work 12 hours days at the end of the month with a 30 minute break.
They expect you to dress up but if you look at management they are always dressing down.
They have unrealistic expectations and will not care about you as an associate.
Pros
Free lunch on the last day of the month
Cons
Health care and benefits do not roll over. Everything else
Flexibility with the advantage of owning your own business and making as much money as you want
Marketing Executive Representative (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 27, 2018
A typical day at work would be planning out your work day with what potential clients you would contact based off of the list of people you are going to introduce the company to. Anyone who used health and wellness products is a potential customer. Also doing follow up calls to customers to see how they enjoyed the products and if they needed help placing orders or wanted to make income from the company. I learned form management that being consistent is key to a successful business. The work culture is great because you are free to set your schedule and the corporation was very positive and wanted to help people be healthy. The hardest part of the job was convincing people to use healthier products instead of ones filled with chemicals in the store, however once they tried the products they were convinced. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people, helping the to live healthier lifestyles and create residual income.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Melaleuca offers a great "side job" for wholesome people looking for self-employment.
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 28, 2018
Melaleuca is an online shopping club that compensates its members if they wish to become independent marketing executives. Pay is based solely on bonuses and residual income through sales from their online shopping club.
They offer a great community of support and wholesome, healthy products you can be proud of. You can work your independent business from anywhere since there is no designated office or clock-in obligations.
Pros
The business is flexible and offers great bonuses for outstanding achievements.
Cons
Pay is monthly and bonuses are based on overall team accomplishments.
Mediocre
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2018
No opportunity for advancement unless college educated, minimum bachelor's, and work in the office. Management unconcerned about employees. Company gives raises on performance but will never top out or receive more than 3% of pay. Will be required to work 10 hour shifts and at least one Saturday a month. The week after working ot, the company will send employees home early to cut employee's pay.
Pay is not at standard compared to nearby companies with same job performance. Company offers what they all longevity bonus every 5, 10, 15, and etc. This is to compensate for minimal raises. One will never top out in the pay scale. The job is steady, does not lay off, and provides 10 bours of vacation time every month.
Pros
$90 voucher to spend at company store, lunch bought on Saturday
Cons
Low pay, no advancement opportunities
High expectations, but great coaching and support.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 13, 2018
It's hard to get time off or find people to cover your shifts, so it is a bit restricting (especially as a student). Fun, team setting in the call center with a a culture of respect and world-class customer service. Supervisors and Managers all generally want to help you improve.
Pros
Free lunches and $90 product check once a month
Cons
Hard to get time off, strict attendance rules.
Melaleuca
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Global HeadquartersDecember 3, 2018
The work is challenging and keeps you motivated. The department culture is incredible and employees are all very helpful. The hardest part of my job is trying to understand how the time can fly by so fast. Culture is friendly but all business. products are amazing and rigorously tested to make sure they meet standards. I would highly recommend them!
Pros
on sight lunch area, work out rooms and gym
Cons
EXTREMLY competitive
Easy going and continued training
Service Sales Marketer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 15, 2018
I have nothing bad to say about Melaleuca! Amazing company with a great culture. Very family oriented and built around helping bring money into the community. I enjoyed my sales job and appreciated my managers more than they know. Every manager took interest in each employee and continued consistent training for each employee individually and as a whole team. I learned a lot about sales and especially overcoming objections. The job was basically just calling warm leads and pushing to sell the current Melaleuca services.
Amazing Work From Home Opportunity
Independent Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXDecember 15, 2018
Working for Melaleuca has been rewarding. They offer discounts, referal advancements, shopping dollars, monthly pay check. You make your own hours. Environmentally safe, green and non-toxic products.
Pros
Advancements, Work From Home, Monthy Pay Check
Cons
N/a
Excellent company
Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYAugust 15, 2018
I love this company and all its products. The sky is the limit i am becoming more and more health concious as i grow older , and i am at a point where i am going in a more organic and holistic direction with my diet and house hold cleaninh products and also become more indepently involved in my person career and finances . Melanuca is a comapany that provides every outlet that i am in need of.
Pros
All oppurtunity for advancement
Cons
Nonei
Absolutely pathetic
Professor 1 (Former Employee) –  Idaho falls IdahoMay 1, 2018
I worked in wieghout/formulation the company dosnt care about anything other then numbers and what you physically weighed out that day. The company installs a pointsystem in the department that is set up to fail. Most people there will throw you under the bus just to make themselves look good. Your also told during your interview that very rarely is there over time, but just about 2-3 weeks in the month your working over time. Your overtime is put on you right before management goes home on Friday. We all have bills to pay and need to make a living but I would truly stay away from this company. Half the equipment dosnt work or is falling apart. Management doesn’t care what your concerns are. Seriously save yourself the trouble and frustration and apply someplace else. During your interview you will be mislead and lied to only to find out a few weeks into your employment what exactly is expected of you and how things really work.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
The entire company

Want to know more about Melaleuca?

Ask a question
Great start up job to permanent everyday job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at Melaleuca thanks to my co-workers, constant new opportunities to grow and learn and the benefits of working there. If you work hard it is recognized and management encourages and backs you up to climb in position.
Pros
Incentives, discounts, connections
Cons
Many busy days, very competitive
Fabulous benefits, terrible management
Quality Production Line Associate - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 14, 2018
The benefits were awesome (awesome insurance, 401K matching and free products) but management was consistently terrible. Lots of fraternizing with other employees and not much caring for the rest of the employees.
Pros
Free products. Awesome benefits
Cons
Terrible management. Constant overtime.
clickish
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 15, 2017
Always felt like an outsider. If you didn't have a college degree you weren't accepted. chances for advancement were limited especially without a college degree. Compensation did not compare to other type working environments.Some of the job expectations were nearly impossible to meet. Management were totally clueless as to what was happening at lower levels
Pros
Local company/good products
Cons
demands from management
They trick you
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 4, 2019
During the interview process they don’t tell you you’ll be working 60hrs a week. They lead you on to believe you’ll be working 40-48. You have no life and they do not care at all if you are tired, sick, or otherwise. They lie to get another hand in the door.
Pros
$90 a month in free products
Cons
No life besides work
Great company
Human Resources Recruiter/Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 22, 2018
They truly care about their employees at Melaleuca. Management cared so much about my development and pushed me to be better each and every day. I will appreciate my time there for the rest of my life.
Productive and fun working environment
Network Marketing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2018
A good company to get experience in. Everyone is self driven for success and value each other. Communicating skills are improved and there are always incentives to look forward too.
Pros
Vacation opportunities
Really care about their customers
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Blythewood, SCAugust 28, 2018
Never been a part of a company that cares so much about their customers and not just making a buck until now. They are so driven and focused on living by their mission statement. For a company that has been in business for over 30 years, they know what they’re doing.
Nice
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 24, 2018
It is a decent job and the pay is pretty high. The paid time off comes on slowly. The customers are usually friendly. There are also very hard working people there..
Worked in Production in a Plant
Production Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 20, 2017
It was a good job with regular hours and benefits. The company was willing to negotiate what kind of pay I would receive. After 6 months I got a raise with a promise that I can qualify for another raise in a year. I even received product checks that allowed me to try some of the goods we sold without having to pay for it with my own money. The downside of working there was that since I worked on an assembly line, the attendance policy had to be strict. If too many people were out, they couldn't run the line everyone else was there to work. This made production get behind and sometimes required us to work mandatory overtime to catch up. The company likes to boast that there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, but it was clear that there were no such opportunities in Production. All of the positions that one could advance to were filled by people who were planning on staying in that job until they retired. I would have had to transfer to another department as an entry level employee and then work my way up to advance from there. It is a good place to work. You just have to be careful at where you want to work in the company if you want to advance very far.
Pros
Regular Hours with a lot of additional benefits
Cons
Strict attendance policy and no room for advancement in Production
Stressful work environment
Product Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 30, 2016
Melalueca as a company is a great company and care greatly on customer satisfaction. Working in the facility its self it extremely stressful and drains you of all energy. At month end when we get the most orders coming in, management is put under extreme presser by supervisors and not all of the coordinators handle it well. Some take there frustration out on each other and even associates creating a hostile work environment for all employees. Many ten hour shifts,Saturdays and double standards between each shift and between employees. Many associates that have been hired have no common sense, are lazy, and have to be babysat constantly putting more strain on the harder working employees. Lots of favoritism in all levels of management and unfairness.Be prepare to work your butt off while others stand around, have no life outside of melalueca and constantly be around people with bad attitudes.
Pros
90$ monthly voucher and decent products
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment, favoritism & small raises