Melaleuca
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Melaleuca Employee Reviews

Production is very repetitive and boring, no communication half the time, but shipping isn't bad though. They do work you hard, lots of 10 hour days at the end of the month.
Pros
Free $90 voucher for products, cst, 10 hours of vacation a month
Cons
Management, old equipment
For a company that claims "great work life balance" they won't give you promotions unless you work unscheduled weekends, and overtime. They pay under the average for the area, tell you otherwise, and you get at most a 5% raise a year. You are overworked and underapreciated. All the recognition and praise goes to home office. They stage photos to make it look like they help and post it everywhere to give a sense of teamwork. Too much politics too.
Benefits
Cons
Small raises, long hours, work polotics
Basic customer service job. Gets hectic towards the end of the month and the first few days of the month. VERY hard to get time off if you're customer service, not as hard if you're an order taker. Pay is decent for the area.
I've overall enjoyed my time at Melaleuca but it can be difficult. Customers are often angry which can be hard mental health wise. Managers are nice and understanding
Human Resources staff is very shady. Most of the other employees there have been there numerous years, like 15+ and are still in the same position. There is no chance for promotion from within and no advancement potential. Fairly decent products made here but are very expensive with no real justification. A lot of drama there too.
Pros
10 hours of PTO accrued each month
Cons
Everything else
Leave a review. Help people like you.
There benefits are good and they give you a product check to get some of there products for free but management is not very hands on and its almost impossible to get ahold of human resources.
Pros
Product checks
Cons
Bad management, very little respect, little room to move up, the worst human resources i have ever seen in a company, and the machines are so old and run down its almost impossible to run good for a 8 hour shift
It's an easy job that pays more than most places around but expect long hours and no life outside of work. They hand out benefits like there's no tomorrow though so that was nice. They have shift differential pay- starting out at 12.90 I believe +$1 for Weekend shift or 2nd shiftThey have the cheapest insurance I have seen at a companyGet a $90 voucher each month to spend in store10hrs of vacation every month- again this is way more than most placesThis really is not a bad place to work but there are a lot of 10hour days and 60 hour weeks.
Pros
Lunch provided if you work a Saturday (Full time only)
Cons
No life outside of work
Job wasn’t bad, pretty fun place to work at times and very good pay. Sometimes you would be able to receive overtime depending if you were part or full time
RIDICULOUS ATTENDANCE POLICY, Even with a doctor's request for a medical emergency they still expect you to work... You don't get breaks, you have a half an hour lunch during a 9-12 hour shift, and it's back to back calls non stop of being screamed at by angry customers. When you ask a Supervisor for help, they don't and then you're stuck solving the problem on your own. Management watches you like a hawk so if you sneeze wrong you're in trouble.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Overall I enjoyed my time here. Hours are extended at least once a month and it’s not uncommon to work 95-100 hours in a pay period. (Around 2 weeks) So the pay is good only because the long hours and overtime add up. Very strict attendance system in place.
Pros
Bonus perks and rewards.
Cons
You feel micromanaged a lot.
Working at Melaleuca has its perks, but the day-to-day grind of being a customer service representative can be exhausting. It isn't the most glamourous job, but someone has to do it.
Pros
Free products, free lunch every month, benefits for part-time and full-time employees
Cons
Short breaks, unexpected changes to allotted lunch time, interesting business model
I worked in the call center. I found it difficult to arrange time for appointments, incredibly strict on time, will criticize use of personal time throughout the day. Bad communication between managers left me getting the cold shoulder. I saw a few people get promoted, but I was not considered for positions I more than qualified for even though I had good numbers within the call center. Poor pay. Really good benefits though.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, morale, communication, work-life
Management cares about your goals and ambitions even outside work. Unfortunately, pay is low compared to other jobs in the area. Great onsite cafeteria, free monthly products, fun Christmas and summer parties, and good insurance benefits.
Work-life balanceFirst job I’ve ever had that allows work/life balance while helping others and making a difference in the world. This company stands by their mission statement and takes care of their customers and marketing executives.
If you're willing to do the work it pays well. Takes awhile to build up your business but once you have a fairly high residual income your tasks are more training focused by nature. No cold calling so that's always a plus.
Poor management and if you're a hard worker and person next to you isn't, you're out of luck. And having good numbers and work ethic means nothing to them. They keep the lazy around. Only full time time gets good benefits and treatment.
The good stuff first:Managers are very kind and there were many supervisors I truly enjoyed working with. Those people are the reason I stuck with the company as long as I did.Efforts were rewarded with gift cards which was nice. But at some point I’d hoped that would translate to a promotion. Never happened. Benefits were good. The downside to working here:No opportunity for advancement despite their claims from day one.The pay never got any better even with all the tasks I was asked to do I felt I was never fairly compensated. Long hours are required at the end of every month. Bottom line:If you need a job and they offer you one take it because something is better than nothing. Don’t bank on this leading to a career.
Pros
Kind managers, product check
Cons
Low pay for your efforts, no way to advance, long hours, stats more important than helping customers
The benefits and pay are great for working in Rexburg. However it does feel like if you have an issue, the management seems to just put it to the side.
I couldn't believe this! They work you Mon-Fri 10 hr shifts and then Saturday is also a 8 hour. In all that's 58 hours. Not a lot but when you are working that straight then you are seriously working yourself to death. You don't just do it one week a month its always expected to work this much every week. In a month total you'd get about 5 days off which is crazy for the pay grade. There is no advancement. The managers are okay and the people are okay. The only thing I couldn't stand is the racism.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Working you to dealth, no advancement, no interview (could care less about you)
I absolutely love the flexibility with my job as well as the people I work with. The products are holistic, easy to stand behind. Nothing but good things so far!!!
Too much favoritism, no treated fairly, don't give raises, unless you're a favorite you can't get promoted. I would not recommend them for an employer.
  1. Employee Reviews