Melaleuca Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working environment
Network Marketing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2018
A good company to get experience in. Everyone is self driven for success and value each other. Communicating skills are improved and there are always incentives to look forward too.
Pros
Vacation opportunities
Really care about their customers
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Blythewood, SCAugust 28, 2018
Never been a part of a company that cares so much about their customers and not just making a buck until now. They are so driven and focused on living by their mission statement. For a company that has been in business for over 30 years, they know what they’re doing.
Wonderful place to work!
Wellness and Enrollments Associate (Spanish) (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDAugust 16, 2018
Melaleuca focuses on their employees and retaining them through company wide competitions and valuable incentives for hard work. I would love to return to Melaleuca if I'm ever in the Rexburg or Idaho Falls area.
Excellent company
Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYAugust 15, 2018
I love this company and all its products. The sky is the limit i am becoming more and more health concious as i grow older , and i am at a point where i am going in a more organic and holistic direction with my diet and house hold cleaninh products and also become more indepently involved in my person career and finances . Melanuca is a comapany that provides every outlet that i am in need of.
Pros
All oppurtunity for advancement
Cons
Nonei
Mission Statement based company
Senior Director 5 (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 12, 2018
Since 1985 the company has made every decision based on their mission statement: "Enhancing the lives of those we touch by helping people reach their goals".
perfect for those wanting autonomy and unlimited advancement
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Channahon, ILJuly 24, 2018
for those wishing to build a network marketing organization, there is no better company in the world. The earning potential is unlimited and offers residual income that other companies cannot compete with.
great place to work
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 18, 2018
I loved working there I would probably still be working there if I didn't move to Washington I started there at 18 til 24 great co workers and managers
Pros
free products
Cons
month end !!
1 Star is too generous
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Idaho FallsJuly 17, 2018
My typical day of work was awful. The customers are rude and management will not care or stand up for you no matter what happens. It's always about the customer and never about the employee. The only way you get promoted is if you're related or in a relationship with a higher up.
The culture here is awful. Half of the people in my department want to quit because of how much management has screwed us over. You work 12 hours days at the end of the month with a 30 minute break.
They expect you to dress up but if you look at management they are always dressing down.
They have unrealistic expectations and will not care about you as an associate.
Pros
Free lunch on the last day of the month
Cons
Health care and benefits do not roll over. Everything else
Great company
Human Resources Recruiter/Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 22, 2018
They truly care about their employees at Melaleuca. Management cared so much about my development and pushed me to be better each and every day. I will appreciate my time there for the rest of my life.
Work from home and have as much success as you want
Shopping coach (Former Employee) –  Saugerties, NYJune 1, 2018
Melaleuca is a work from home business. You only do two things. You refer others to our online wellness store and if they want to do the same you teach them how.

Want to know more about Melaleuca?

Ask a question
easy relaxed environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 22, 2018
almost zero supervision. employees were all related so it was very exclusive. not proper training and no compensation. unable to track working hours accurately.
Absolutely pathetic
Professor 1 (Former Employee) –  Idaho falls IdahoMay 1, 2018
I worked in wieghout/formulation the company dosnt care about anything other then numbers and what you physically weighed out that day. The company installs a pointsystem in the department that is set up to fail. Most people there will throw you under the bus just to make themselves look good. Your also told during your interview that very rarely is there over time, but just about 2-3 weeks in the month your working over time. Your overtime is put on you right before management goes home on Friday. We all have bills to pay and need to make a living but I would truly stay away from this company. Half the equipment dosnt work or is falling apart. Management doesn’t care what your concerns are. Seriously save yourself the trouble and frustration and apply someplace else. During your interview you will be mislead and lied to only to find out a few weeks into your employment what exactly is expected of you and how things really work.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
The entire company
A Wonderful Company to Work With
Independent Contractor- United States (Current Employee) –  Lake Arrowhead, CAApril 2, 2018
I love this company! So great to partner with a company that actually cares about people. Will always be a part of this company - they have changed my life!
They lie... (Shipping)
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 23, 2018
When I first started here, I expected it to be one the of the best manufacturing companies in the area. Well, that was a lie. When I first started, I was told to expect to work "some" 10-hour shifts and very rarely on Saturdays. Since I have started, we have done anywhere between 4-7 days of 10-hour shifts and at least 1 Saturday a month. Which is not horrible... if they actually cared about their employees and did not push us to the max and beyond.

They are more concerned with getting their orders out and making their money than they are with their employees. We have had several people quit due to them overworking us. They treat us like robots. We get one break, a 30-minute lunch and that is all during an 8-hour shift. Most places give you at least 2 breaks during an 8-hour shift. Instead, the only time you get 2 breaks is during a 10-hour shift then your second break is cut extremely short.

Oh, yeah, let's not forget their horrible system. They offer NO sick time. You are allowed 3 unscheduled call outs before you get a write-up. They also count being late and leaving early as a call out. They also fail to mention that IF you call out, they take what vacation time you have available. Got a doctor's note? Oh well, they don't care and do not take them.

Their pay rate is one of the lowest in the area compared to other manufacturing companies. The only reason why I stay right now is that I need the benefits (which is okay - I think there is better out there, but their's is better than most), and money to pay for things, plus I sometimes enjoy the voucher we get each month
  more... for free items.

I can personally say that the people in Production are nicer and care more than anyone in Shipping, but due to Production having to help Shipping every month's end when 10-hour shifts and that Saturday happens, they get behind and have to work their own 10 hours and Saturday, and they even have a third shift going at the moment because they are so far behind.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays, some people are nice, benefits, voucher once a month for free stuff in store
Cons
1 break, 30 min lunch, certain supervisors, not caring about employees well-being or if they're in pain, won't work with you, pushes people, extremely stressful environment, constant 10 hour shifts and Saturdays
Fabulous benefits, terrible management
Quality Production Line Associate - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 14, 2018
The benefits were awesome (awesome insurance, 401K matching and free products) but management was consistently terrible. Lots of fraternizing with other employees and not much caring for the rest of the employees.
Pros
Free products. Awesome benefits
Cons
Terrible management. Constant overtime.
Mlm
MLM (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I liked working for this company at first bc it was all eco friendly. Shortly after i realized they are not who they claim to be. There use a lot of not so hot stuff in their products and they dont make their workers happy they run them down.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
takes up your life
Mediocre
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2018
No opportunity for advancement unless college educated, minimum bachelor's, and work in the office. Management unconcerned about employees. Company gives raises on performance but will never top out or receive more than 3% of pay. Will be required to work 10 hour shifts and at least one Saturday a month. The week after working ot, the company will send employees home early to cut employee's pay.
Pay is not at standard compared to nearby companies with same job performance. Company offers what they all longevity bonus every 5, 10, 15, and etc. This is to compensate for minimal raises. One will never top out in the pay scale. The job is steady, does not lay off, and provides 10 bours of vacation time every month.
Pros
$90 voucher to spend at company store, lunch bought on Saturday
Cons
Low pay, no advancement opportunities
Bad place to work. No training and always stressing you out
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2018
Very stressful job for someone that likes to grow with a company. Not a lot opportunities and a lot miscommunications in the work environment. Making a lot times the production floor stressful.
Very poor mechanic team and even worse management.
Worked over there for 2 years and was the worse job ever in my life.
Cons
Very bad training. Machines pretty bad.
Reward employees for work efforts
Buyer/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 31, 2018
Nice place to work. Health conscious company looking out for their employees. Rewarding good work ethics and successes.

Great benefits and compensation
great workplace
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 11, 2018
awesome benefits and career opportunities, they have tons to offer to grow individuals in their proffessions locally and internationally. Bonuses are great.