Melaleuca

Melaleuca Employee Reviews

United States194 reviews
Benefits were nice
Management plays favorites to their friends, not a bad place to work if you get in with management but coordinator is an untrustworthy blowhard. Was good until it became toxic.
Great Job
I loved working with Melaleuca. It allowed me to make some extra income and still have plenty of time for my college classes! I also like that I loved the products they sold so I fully supported them and their mission.
If you quit working for Melalueca don’t expect them to hire you back. This job motivates you to try your best and majority of the time people are positive. The job is really flexible with school schedules.
Pros
Product check and accolade bonuses for employees.
Cons
Can’t quit and come back.
Business Owner
This is a independent consultant position and commission based, I received lots of support from my team members. It is totally work from home. I received lots of training to be successful.
Do not recommend
Working in the call center is grueling, soul sucking work. Very HIGH stress. You will have to pretend to have empathy for people who call in and complain about stupid things, and if you don’t show the highest level of “empathy” you will be marked down, even if you solve the problem and the customer is happy at the end. It’s a high stress, thankless job. You could be doing an amazing job overall, but if the few phone calls that are listened to that month don’t have all the corporate checkmarks, then you will be treated like you are doing a horrible job. In addition, they call themselves a “wellness” company, but if you are in the call center you are a throwaway. They recently sent out a company wide email about coronavirus, telling us that if we get sick, stay home so that you don’t pass it on, and you will be sent home if you come in sick. The call center must be the exception, because this does not apply to us. If we call in sick 4 times in a 3 month period, we will be given absences for each time, and be fired, even if we have a doctor’s note. They don’t care about your wellbeing or health in the call center. It’s a breeding ground for illness and a great place for customers to abuse you as they like. Don’t work in the call center!
Pros
Insurance is ok, free product check
Cons
Everything else, HIGH stress
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Compensation plan
I enjoy Melaleuca because there is plenty of opportunity to work with people and trouble shoot at meetings , online and in person. There are ways to make an income by helping other people and yourself. I love the products of te company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Commission based
Na
This is strictly helping others. It is a self driven opportunity and that is what drew me to this opportunity long back. The products are like none other.
management
the company is a good company as long as you follow all thier politics and are on the same side as them. if not they will tell you, you are amazing at your job but you and melaleuca are not a good fit anymore.
I liked the environment, the hours were good work not to bad, biggest complaint was the pay way underpayed in production. Benefits we're good fun people to work with
There is no work-life balance
If you like to do work yourself into the ground with TONS of OT where u have no time to yourself but to eat and sleep and work then this is the place for you!!!
Not a horrible place to work if you don't have a life.
This place has many interesting (ok)people. Supervisors & managers are dismal, it's almost impossible to advance, work/life balance is nonexistent and you'll go crazy trying to avoid childish drama
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Too many to list
Another direct marketing company
Been with the company for over eighteen years. Used to make a great deal of money until the compensation plan changed. Still make some money with the company, products are good.
Muy buena!
Es muy buena empresa, donde uno se siente tranquilo y con más oportunidades
Pretty easy inbound call center work
I was part-time at a call center back in 2015. The training was good, they took care of you and made sure you had all the right tools to succeed. The work itself was mind numbing to me but if you follow the call scripts and up sell the products on every call then you'll be fine. They have an entirely separate depart that monitors the customer service reps, and they can be pretty annoying to deal with. Each week or so they pull a random call from your previous shift and "score" you on it. If you get below an 80% or maybe 90% they can write you up it. Three strikes and your out, which is a little scary. My manager wasn't very nice or helpful and I felt like he had it out for me, for that reason I gave it 1 star but that was just my own experience. overall I think it's about a 3.5. Good place for a college kid to work or for a first time job.
Excellent workplace
Excellent for place. management takes care of employees. the products are amazing. the atmosphere is friendly and motivating to come to work every day
Excellent place to work and too help so many people.
Melaleuca is an amazing online based company that has hundreds of products to offer that are all of top quality. The company has great intentions and offers their members unbelievable ways to grow their company. They really give you so many incentives to work hard and help meet the company goals and recognize their good employees. You will make so many friends and meet some wonderful people. Overall a fantastic company that will treat you well.
I love Melaleuca
One of the very best places to work. Very positive place. Very clean and fun place to be. They give great benefits, product incentives, and gifts. I really love Melaleuca!
Productive work place with low priority value of Job Work/Life Balance
Good benefit package and good company to work for if one is capable and willing to work six day sixty plus hr work week. Not a good place for someone who has young children or other responsibilities not in line with the companys ten hour shifts and six day mandatory work weeks.
Fun! I love helping others
I work from home and set my hours. Melaleuca is an Idaho based wellness company.
I have learned that there are more toxic chemicals in our homes than outdoors.

Great work culture

The most enjoyable part of sharing Melaleuca is educating others about wellness on a budget.
Senior Sales Specialist in Marketing Services
Awesome place to work, great benefits, great people. Very close and friendly department. Only problems personally are the pay/commission and the hours. I work 9-6 so it’s pretty late to be able to make it to the bank or anywhere else you have to go during the week.
Blah
Self employed 1099 job. My whole team above me disbanded and I was given bad leads. People were tires of being harassed by the time I got to call them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Melaleuca. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Melaleuca.