Melaleuca Employee Reviews

1 Star is too generous
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Idaho FallsJuly 17, 2018
My typical day of work was awful. The customers are rude and management will not care or stand up for you no matter what happens. It's always about the customer and never about the employee. The only way you get promoted is if you're related or in a relationship with a higher up.
The culture here is awful. Half of the people in my department want to quit because of how much management has screwed us over. You work 12 hours days at the end of the month with a 30 minute break.
They expect you to dress up but if you look at management they are always dressing down.
They have unrealistic expectations and will not care about you as an associate.
Pros
Free lunch on the last day of the month
Cons
Health care and benefits do not roll over. Everything else
easy relaxed environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 22, 2018
almost zero supervision. employees were all related so it was very exclusive. not proper training and no compensation. unable to track working hours accurately.
Absolutely pathetic
Professor 1 (Former Employee) –  Idaho falls IdahoMay 1, 2018
I worked in wieghout/formulation the company dosnt care about anything other then numbers and what you physically weighed out that day. The company installs a pointsystem in the department that is set up to fail. Most people there will throw you under the bus just to make themselves look good. Your also told during your interview that very rarely is there over time, but just about 2-3 weeks in the month your working over time. Your overtime is put on you right before management goes home on Friday. We all have bills to pay and need to make a living but I would truly stay away from this company. Half the equipment dosnt work or is falling apart. Management doesn’t care what your concerns are. Seriously save yourself the trouble and frustration and apply someplace else. During your interview you will be mislead and lied to only to find out a few weeks into your employment what exactly is expected of you and how things really work.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
The entire company
A Wonderful Company to Work With
Independent Contractor- United States (Current Employee) –  Lake Arrowhead, CAApril 2, 2018
I love this company! So great to partner with a company that actually cares about people. Will always be a part of this company - they have changed my life!
They lie... (Shipping)
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 23, 2018
When I first started here, I expected it to be one the of the best manufacturing companies in the area. Well, that was a lie. When I first started, I was told to expect to work "some" 10-hour shifts and very rarely on Saturdays. Since I have started, we have done anywhere between 4-7 days of 10-hour shifts and at least 1 Saturday a month. Which is not horrible... if they actually cared about their employees and did not push us to the max and beyond.

They are more concerned with getting their orders out and making their money than they are with their employees. We have had several people quit due to them overworking us. They treat us like robots. We get one break, a 30-minute lunch and that is all during an 8-hour shift. Most places give you at least 2 breaks during an 8-hour shift. Instead, the only time you get 2 breaks is during a 10-hour shift then your second break is cut extremely short.

Oh, yeah, let's not forget their horrible system. They offer NO sick time. You are allowed 3 unscheduled call outs before you get a write-up. They also count being late and leaving early as a call out. They also fail to mention that IF you call out, they take what vacation time you have available. Got a doctor's note? Oh well, they don't care and do not take them.

Their pay rate is one of the lowest in the area compared to other manufacturing companies. The only reason why I stay right now is that I need the benefits (which is okay - I think there is better out there, but their's is better than most), and money to pay for things, plus I sometimes enjoy the voucher we get each month
  more... for free items.

I can personally say that the people in Production are nicer and care more than anyone in Shipping, but due to Production having to help Shipping every month's end when 10-hour shifts and that Saturday happens, they get behind and have to work their own 10 hours and Saturday, and they even have a third shift going at the moment because they are so far behind.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays, some people are nice, benefits, voucher once a month for free stuff in store
Cons
1 break, 30 min lunch, certain supervisors, not caring about employees well-being or if they're in pain, won't work with you, pushes people, extremely stressful environment, constant 10 hour shifts and Saturdays
Mlm
MLM (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I liked working for this company at first bc it was all eco friendly. Shortly after i realized they are not who they claim to be. There use a lot of not so hot stuff in their products and they dont make their workers happy they run them down.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
takes up your life
Mediocre
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2018
No opportunity for advancement unless college educated, minimum bachelor's, and work in the office. Management unconcerned about employees. Company gives raises on performance but will never top out or receive more than 3% of pay. Will be required to work 10 hour shifts and at least one Saturday a month. The week after working ot, the company will send employees home early to cut employee's pay.
Pay is not at standard compared to nearby companies with same job performance. Company offers what they all longevity bonus every 5, 10, 15, and etc. This is to compensate for minimal raises. One will never top out in the pay scale. The job is steady, does not lay off, and provides 10 bours of vacation time every month.
Pros
$90 voucher to spend at company store, lunch bought on Saturday
Cons
Low pay, no advancement opportunities
Bad place to work. No training and always stressing you out
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2018
Very stressful job for someone that likes to grow with a company. Not a lot opportunities and a lot miscommunications in the work environment. Making a lot times the production floor stressful.
Very poor mechanic team and even worse management.
Worked over there for 2 years and was the worse job ever in my life.
Cons
Very bad training. Machines pretty bad.
Not a good source of solid income
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 29, 2017
All commission based if you work for them you have to be a customer of theirs too and if you lose a client you better get two more for the ones you lost. Customers must buy EVERY month for you to make a decent income.
Worked in Production in a Plant
Production Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 20, 2017
It was a good job with regular hours and benefits. The company was willing to negotiate what kind of pay I would receive. After 6 months I got a raise with a promise that I can qualify for another raise in a year. I even received product checks that allowed me to try some of the goods we sold without having to pay for it with my own money. The downside of working there was that since I worked on an assembly line, the attendance policy had to be strict. If too many people were out, they couldn't run the line everyone else was there to work. This made production get behind and sometimes required us to work mandatory overtime to catch up. The company likes to boast that there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, but it was clear that there were no such opportunities in Production. All of the positions that one could advance to were filled by people who were planning on staying in that job until they retired. I would have had to transfer to another department as an entry level employee and then work my way up to advance from there. It is a good place to work. You just have to be careful at where you want to work in the company if you want to advance very far.
Pros
Regular Hours with a lot of additional benefits
Cons
Strict attendance policy and no room for advancement in Production
Melaleuca Culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 14, 2017
The culture at Melaleuca is one of the best cultures I have been part of. Everyone is so positive and helps people be the best that they can be. If you are looking for a positive culture and a place that is competitive to help form you to be the best that you can be, then Melaleuca is the place for you.
Be your own boss
Independent Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 13, 2017
I've learned a valuable lesson working for a contract company. It was very stressful trying to maintain clients to stick with the product. It was fun in the beginning of signing up clients but to maintain the confidence level was very stressful.
Pros
Quick high bonuses
Cons
Pulling out of the company
Great Company! Management lacking
Chat Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 11, 2017
I really enjoy working for Melaleuca! There are a lot of great benefits, mostly for Full-time positions. It can get tedious and repetitive. Customer Service is probably the worst part and can be very stressful, depressing, not very appreciated, and "shoved under the bus" in many aspects. Positions of leadership are often not given to those who deserve it but to those who know people or have been working there for an extended time frame.
Pros
Competative pay, insurance, friendly associates.
Cons
Managment does not listen, degrading customer service
review of Melaleuca
Social Media Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 4, 2017
although I only have worked at Melaleuca for a few months so far I have really enjoyed working with this company. They have great benefits for full time employees.
Pros
product checks
Cons
fast pace
clickish
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 15, 2017
Always felt like an outsider. If you didn't have a college degree you weren't accepted. chances for advancement were limited especially without a college degree. Compensation did not compare to other type working environments.Some of the job expectations were nearly impossible to meet. Management were totally clueless as to what was happening at lower levels
Pros
Local company/good products
Cons
demands from management
Great place to start your career
Sr. Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 14, 2017
If you take your time and learn your job you could gain valuable knowledge and build the foundation for a great career that could set you up for movement up in Melaleuca or another business.
Pros
Paid time off, Benefits, 401K Matching
Cons
low salary
bad place to work
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 14, 2017
i would not recommend this place to any one. they work ten hour shifts at the first of each month. the managers and coordinators treat people badly there.
Pros
stabile work
Cons
stressful
Excellent products
DIRECTOR IV (Former Employee) –  Guayama Municipio, PRNovember 5, 2017
The best products that I ever used. Excellent opportunity to anyone who is looking for have a balanced and productive live. The company brings a lot of training and has so many incentives for all of the associates.
I liked the co-workers and environment was pretty serious at times, but overall was relaxed
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDNovember 1, 2017
Enjoyed working here, just seeking more pay and moving to further my education. I would recommend others to work here. It was nice to have a product check.
Amazing atmosphere
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 26, 2017
If you are able to work your way up in Melaleuca you can make a very good living. As a starter job they offer great benefits but with lower pay. One thing that is awesome they do is the tuition assistance so if you work for them for more than two years they will pay for your schooling. The work place is amazing, gym, cafe, and all the amenities you would want.