Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers Employee Reviews

Okay
Server/Bartender/Key (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2019
I’ve worked for mellow mushroom for many MANY years and I hate to leave but they switched our tips to paychecks and are taxing them and I can no longer afford to eat or get gas, normal everyday things needed to live. I used to make plenty of money but now I don’t know. I love the company, but I like being able to afford to live.
Pros
Very good atmosphere
Cons
Not enough money
Good job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNFebruary 12, 2019
Mellow was fun to work for. I met lots of new people that I had plenty in common with. The pay wasnt bad and I got plenty of hours during the holidays
Very relaxed and fun place to work. Good atmosphere. Good people. Good food. Good money.
Server/Manager on Duty/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLFebruary 7, 2019
I have enjoyed working for Mellow Mushroom for 4 years. I’ve never had a job that I’ve loved as much as this one. They’re a good company that cares about their employees and the community they serve. If you work hard, you will move up in the company.
Pros
Good discounts, good food, good music
It's trash
Salad Cook (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJanuary 24, 2019
When I got hired, I was REALLY excited. But the first day on the job I was standing out in the cold for 30 minutes because the door was locked and no one told me where to come in at. So, I had to walk an hour back home in 20 degree weather. The second day I was on the job my trainer didn't even talk to me. Wouldn't explain anything to me. I just stood there by the stove looking like an idiot for two hours. The third day I worked they expected me to work the hoagie and salad station and I knew nothing! The fourth day I worked, a waitress kept telling me I was making a salad wrong. She made me make this salad three times just to find out she was reading the order wrong.
On day five I quit. I wasn't being taught properly and was being treated like trash. My pay check for working 12 hours was only 35.00 and that was also horrible.
Cons
Fun workplace with a lot of interesting people who come in
Cook (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJanuary 15, 2019
I really enjoy this job just don’t the amount of hours/days I work. The manager is outgoing and very chill but still wants everyone to work hard while having fun.
Good Company, Bad Franchise
Bartender/Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 9, 2019
Great company with a good product and a fun atmosphere, but the franchise owners and management were far below acceptable. Owners were detached and management sat around and did nothing.
Managment lacks nessicary skills
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2018
Could be awesome with right owners and managers. Its in a prime location and with the right know how and care could be a wonderful establishment. Owners and managers dont seem to care or appreciate quality employes
Unprofessional
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 28, 2018
They didn’t even let me go properly, just never put me on the schedule again . I was 19 never did anything wrong I’m now 21 and still don’t know very unprofessional and under paid staff
Fun Workplace, but busy during the day
Pizza Maker/Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2018
This restaurant has great people, manager, bar, servers. They are all good fun people to talk to passing the time. The restaurant has a lot of catering orders that need to go out in the morning but other than that a great place to work.
Pros
Great people, great atmosphere
Cons
a Lot of catering pizzas, but other than that no complaints
Mellow indeed
Server/Trainer/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 24, 2018
Championship teams 4 years in row
We performed everything a company owner could want....customer, you tube moments..... staff exiting emtional moments
Pros
Pizza pizza pizza
Cons
Food discount, job perks, descent quality of life
It’s a great place to learn in a hard working environment and also have the people around you care about your well being.
Cook, Server, and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2018
I love working at Mellow Mushroom, I have been there for 5+ years and with every year the store has improved. It’s a fun place to work and if you’re interested in pizza or cooking in general in general this would be a great job to start to pursue a career in culinary.
worst working experience I've ever had.
grill/pantry (Former Employee) –  chattanoga tnSeptember 15, 2018
I felt there may have been a little favortism going on an a racial difference.. I got hired doing more than what I got hired for (position) an was paid less than a person hired after me doing less than me.
Mellow Mushroom Happy Valley
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2018
It was a blast working there! Each day started with learning you section, setting up, taking all orders for customer and answering questions, cleaning up after and setting up customers to go home. I learned a lot about customer service, time management, and working as a team with the whole restaurant. Everyone is welcoming and so much fun, and always there to help. Making money and meeting people was the best part, and also learning the menus.
Enjoyable work, but hard.
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at mellow mushroom pizza bakers. A good company with good values. The company will take care of you. There are opportunities to receive discounted food.
Mellow mushroom
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYSeptember 7, 2018
It's a good calm place just like any other restaurant you'll work,everyone takes care of everyone for the most part and it's all pretty cool there ...
Pros
Related
Cons
Fast past
fun place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 24, 2018
I worked in back of the house, in the kitchen. we did prep, made food, washed dishes, etc. the job was easy. employees can be a little dramatic or emotional at times. so can management. equal opportunity workplace. management needs help desperately.
Pros
good food
Cons
fair management
Unpredictable on most days.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 27, 2018
The mellow mushroom I work at currently wouldn't be the best experience I've had in the food industry. The level of organization is very back & forth. The owner is not a pleasant fellow. Slightly disrespectful on some occasions. The pay is horrible. Raises can come, but only if they see fit after promotion. & its not a big teamwork factor involved in the setting.
Pros
Food & meet great people
Cons
Slow, unorganized, can be unproffesional
The best place to work
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2018
Daily/ weekly/ monthly competitions were so much fun. Mellow really is the best place to work. The owner and the managers are the best bosses I have ever had. The money you make there is ridiculous too.
Interesting
General Manager NSO (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 20, 2018
None of the Mellows structure is corporate. You get what you get when applying to and signing on with a franchise group. There is very little form to the training system.
Fun but also stressful at times
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2018
I really adored the people at mellow mushroom but the management was very laxed and wasn’t always available to help us like they should have been. The money was alright but we worked off of tips so we never had a Garunteed income. We also worked in a college town so kids are less likely to tip well.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management, money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers. Our community is ready to answer.