Mellow Mushroom Employee Reviews

Too mellow
A little bit of everything (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2019
Lack of organization. If you work togos- online tips will never be allocated to you. Possibility of loosing minimal discount (20 or 30% off if you work that day) if stores survey scores decline. You must pay for your own shirt and apron. There is so much side work! Other hourly coworkers are cool, but it's basically every man for themselves. Something is ALWAYS broke (TVs, sinks, AC units, leaks, outlets, doors)
Pros
Good food
Cons
Lack of organization, hard to do your job when something is always broke
This job suited my needs at the time
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 14, 2019
Working for this company was a pleasure because I'd recently just left another establishment and was searching for something quick. The company welcomed me with ease and it was a pleasure working there
Great environment
Server/Prep/Cook (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 13, 2019
great place to learn and gain knowledge and experience
everyone really works together
laid back
dress code is just a mellow shirt or something fun like tie dye
Pros
na
Cons
na
Experience at Mellow mushroom
Server (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLSeptember 12, 2019
It has been a pleasure working for Mellow Mushroom. I’ve grown within that company proudly taking many communication and sales skills with me. Healthy environment with active and supportive management.
Mellow Mushroom experience
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 11, 2019
I really enjoyed this job. Fun atmosphere, met good people, and was appreciated and promoted. However, I was overworked and the fact that I was getting sick was ignored. I was fired for missing work, after a couple months of working doubles. I was tired and sick and the management didn't care.
Productive and fast paste.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 11, 2019
It was my first waitressing job and I loved it. It taught me how to talk to customers and how to become more open with meeting new people. I learned a lot with becoming a waitress through this company.
Fast paced
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GASeptember 11, 2019
It was a fun place to work, fast paced, friendly staff, and had fun events. Most of the managers are good. The employees got a good discount. It is an easy place to work.
Pros
Discounts for employees
Cons
Pay is too low, at minimum
Fun environment; terrible pay
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 9, 2019
I really liked a lot of the people that I worked with including some of the management. Others though were clearly not fit to be in leading positions and got the job because of the relationship to those in charge. Being a server isn't really viable long-term here
The restaurant was under terrible management at the time.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 9, 2019
Management was constantly changing which means the procedures were as well. Employees stole alcohol and food. Management downgraded the quality of food and also was negligent in cleaning anything.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
free pizza
Good experience
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 8, 2019
I really enjoy working there. The staff is reaaly nice and so is management. It is always busy and it is nicely located for tourists and locals. You would enjoy this place.
Fun times
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 8, 2019
Great place to work, left one job walked over and got hired on immediately.
Dress in normal clothes to work.
The biggest kitchen i'v been in.
Laid back.
Would not recomend
Server (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 8, 2019
Business was always so slow the servers never made any money, management is very unorganized, bias and do drugs in the office all day. Employees are disrespected by management and under valued. There are no employing discounts of any kind except of course to management, which they boast around and take advantage of.
Pros
Party scene
Cons
No money/unprofetional
Cook (former employee)
prep, cook (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 5, 2019
I worked in two different locations in South Carolina. First being in Charleston and the second was Anderson the overall company Is a fun, outgoing, and energetic work environment.
A fun place to work for cooks and socialites
Prep/ Cook/Server/Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE 68508September 4, 2019
If you work more than 35 hours awork you get a sweet compensation package. In terms of pacing, its either ungodly slow to break-neck busy. It has some of the most fascinating coworkers. Lots of menu memorization necessary, but gets easier with time.
Amazing job
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 3, 2019
I love everything about this job I see myself working here for a long time. Best of af all managers are the nicest I meet and worked with they all care about there employs along with the business
Good
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALSeptember 2, 2019
I love interacting with customers and making sure they have a wonderful experience from the time they enter until they leave. I normally work 8-10 hours a day especially through our rush time and volume
Weak management/leadership from owner.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 26, 2019
Owner is bad news. Do as i say...not as i do as a manager. Duties not clear during interview. Alot of making fun instead of actual training as it should have been.
It was amazing to work there, and also they treat others like family, easy to learn, and easy pace.
Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 26, 2019
I've never worked at a place like that, but I learned easily, picked up quick, and came great with communication skills, the managers and co-workers amazing at training. Also I gave a great work with multitasking.
Great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  CharlotteAugust 25, 2019
Great place.. Owners are a little crazy but so am I.. loved everything about Mellow... very easy to get along with, training could have been a tab bit better but overall it’s a great place to work at Except for the Rock hill SC store.. I was located at the uptown Charlotte store... if I could I’ll do it again.. The uptown store was a little stressful but it’s worth it due to the fact that the stadium is a block over
my experience
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 25, 2019
i enjoy working here but it can be difficult at times. my coworkers are nice but are also rude when they are stressed. i wasn’t scheduled many days due to an increase of hostess/cashiers. i did talk to my manger and was able to get more hours. the managers can be difficult to talk to sometimes but overall are nice people. the work place can also give off a negative energy to other coworkers.