Play YouTube video button

Featured review
Melton Truck Lines selected this as a representative review
Very fast paced
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 19, 2018
Excellent team working company, excellent training program, will keep you running, and will insure you have all that you need to keep you running, and is like a very family friendly environment.
Pros
Family oriented company
Cons
Could use improvement in equipment repairs.
Melton Truck Lines IS Awesoe
OTR Flatbed driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 3, 2018
Melton truck lines was my first OTR Flatbed Position. From the moment i was hired they told me the truth about what was going to happen and how i would be treated...They were fair and honest.

I love the culture and openness at Metlon, they care about you as a person and its not an act. Every time I call they are happy t hear form me and remember who i am and maybe even where im at or have been.

I love Melton Truck lines and You will as well
Pros
easy to work with, great home time, no hassle
Cons
Trucks now lack APU
October 5, 2018

Thank you very much for the 5 stars! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience with us, thanks for being a member of the Melton family!

Amazing Trucking Company
OTR Flatbed Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Tuls, OKOctober 2, 2018
Been with the company for over 12 years, and I wish I had found them sooner. They take care of their drivers, and compensate them well. If it was not for the desire to stop driving OTR, I would not leave.
Pros
Very good benefits, they stress employee health
Cons
4-5 days home a month
October 3, 2018

Thank for the stars and for sharing your experience! We hope that if you ever decide to go back OTR you will let us know!

there is a lot of drama at this business
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 27, 2018
many people in the corporate offices are dating each other or have left their spouses to date each other. this makes for a very uncomfortable place of employment.
October 2, 2018

We regret to hear that you did not have the best experience with us. We hope that while with us you brought these concerns to our Employee Services Dept. because we do not want anyone to be working in an environment they are not comfortable with.

Good solid company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2018
This company takes care of its drivers and equipment better than anyone. only complaint is pay is too low and they don't offer any regional options. Pay could be better as it could in the industry as a whole.
Pros
Great management
Cons
low pay
September 13, 2018

Our base pay keeps Melton in the top industry pay scale according to the National Survey of Driver Wages. And we do actually have regional positions available. We are always looking for ways to improve though so thank you for your review!

Good place to start truckimg career as a flatbed driver
Flatbed Truck Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 12, 2018
My time with Melton was short. While there I recieved securement training that prepaired me to go out with a trainer. Their equipment is good all trucks have APUs and they maintain them pretty good.
Pros
Equipment, orientation staff in Birmingham
September 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We hope one day you may consider coming back to the Melton family!

Management lie to you. Trucks are stinky.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 14, 2018
Trainers are terrible. They trucks are stinky, dirty they also have people waiting for trainers
Melton has a high turn over rate i wouldnt recommend anyone to work here. It is racism going on in tulsa OK where the training is going on. I notice after orientation white drivers recieved new trucks with trainers. Black Drivers recieve old dirty trucks with dirty stinky trainers. they have cameras inside trucks they are watching you all day. They say they only come on after a critical event that is a lie. This company needs to be investigated.
Pros
free lunches in tulsa ok
Cons
Short breaks, Stinky trainers!
August 15, 2018

You just have to look around and see that diversity is a cornerstone of our success as Melton Truck Lines. We have won many ‘Top Companies to Work For’ awards, both locally and nationally. When we look at our trainees, top drivers, trainers, Ambassadors, Blue Knights, and top earners, we are proud to see people from different age groups, every background, and from all over the world. Pulling a flatbed trailer is a lot of responsibility – our drivers must be tough, smart, creative, and strong. With this responsibility comes higher compensation. Melton pays within the top 5% of all trucking companies according to the National Survey of Driver Wages. Load securement and tarping can be rigorous, but rewarding. Flatbed is not for everyone, and we are thoughtful in our trainer / trainee placement and factor in personality, smoking preference, and experience level. Unless special requirements or remedial training is needed, our placement time is fast. If your experience wasn’t what you expected, our Employee Services department is open to receiving all feedback at 918-270-9614.

good managers slow paced enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 6, 2018
good managers with really good equipment. paid you good per mile but limited the number of miles you could run every week. The average is between 1800 to 2400 miles per week.
Pros
great equipment.
Cons
limited miles you could run each week
August 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Miles can vary depending on many factors but during the summer months we do have higher averages of miles per week.

It was a fun, cool experience working there
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2018
My dad has worked there for 12 years about and I always worked with him growing up. I knew everyone there pretty much and use to go to work with my dad helping him. Then for about a year I worked for my dad detailing and washing company trucks and he would pay me cash. People there are very nice and fun to be around during work, and it was a good experience for me.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience!

Exellent
Flatbed Driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 24, 2018
I would really recommend any commercial driver to work for Melton Trucking lines. Their planners are very good at what they do. They give you plenty of time to complete your deliveries. Although you have to secure and talk to load yourself they will give you plenty of time to do that. The trip planning is on point. You will get a lot of miles out of this company
Pros
Relaxed. Plenty of miles
Cons
Pay
July 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are constantly looking for ways to improve and we appreciate the feedback!

Great Trucking Company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2018
This is a good company. If I had not been hired to work overseas at 3 times the pay rate - I would not have left. I would love to work for Melton again.
July 2, 2018

Thanks for your review! If you ever come back from overseas please let us know!

Fun workplace, always on the move
CDL FLAT BED (Former Employee) –  OaklahomaApril 5, 2018
Better than other companies i drove for by far. By that i mean starting pay was 43 or more cpm depending on experience. The driver manager is reachable to help with any concerns. you get compensated for breakdown past
Pros
Better Pay, Team Oriented Fleet
Cons
Tarps are heavy
April 9, 2018

Thank you very much for your 4 star review and feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Class A CDL Driver (Flatbed) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2018
Good place to work. Very nice facilities, Only problem was with Driver Manager! Seasoned drivers were real friendly and HAPPY to give assistance and advice.
Pros
Friendly people and atmospher
March 15, 2018

Thank you for the 5 stars! We are sorry if there were some problems with your Driver Manager. We hope while with us you would have expressed these concerns with your Senior Driver Manager or the Driver Relations Dept. so we could see if there was something we could do.

Just Another Trucking Company
OTR Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 2, 2018
Pretty typical for an irregular OTR company. Not particularly terrible, but definitely not great either.

Seems like dispatch doesn't want to communicate with you about anything. Had quite a few occasions appointments for delivery were not made, and I ended up having downtime because of it. I sat in a speedco for 3 hours to get a fuel filter changed because the outside repair dept. Wouldn't give the shop authorization to work on the truck.

Reimbursements have been short more than once, and upon trying to resolve the issue my call was not answered and call was not returned when I left a message.

On the other hand the upper management are nice as can be. Nice trucks, decent miles, realistic expectations.

Overall not the worst company out there but not any different than the rest of them.
Pros
Nice trucks, most of their other drivers are great people
Cons
Communication, communication, and communication
March 5, 2018

We regret to hear that you did not have a great experience with us. We do pride ourselves on communication though which is why we have so many avenues on which you can communicate with us. You can call us, use our TransFlo mobile app to send a message, Quallcomm, email, post on our internal Facebook Fleet Groups, message us on any of our social media platforms, etc. It has always been said that if you cannot get ahold of a certain person in the office that you call someone else. We never want a driver to feel ignored and we are always available. We wish that while you were with us you would have reached out to our Driver Relations Dept. which could have assisted you in the situations you mentioned. And we do appreciate you taking the time to review us!

On The Road Driver
On-The-Road Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 21, 2018
I was an Over-The-Road flatbed driver and enjoyed it very much. It was difficult at first learning to tarp on your own, but once you got it down, it helped me to do my job better. Training was instructional but also learning life skills.
Pros
Able to travel the states.
Cons
Being away from the family.
March 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Flatbed is a challenging yet rewarding job, but like you mentioned you not only learn how to do securement but pick up some great life skills as well!

Very good experience
Assistant Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 20, 2018
I took calls in the recruiting dept. for future over the road truck drivers. I would explain to them all what Melton Truck Lines had to offer and then arrange for their travel.
Pros
Working with the drivers
Cons
The pay
March 2, 2018

Thank you for the 5 stars! Our Recruiting Dept. is essential to finding great talented drivers and bringing them onto our team.

Descent place of employment
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2018
Melton stared out as a good place to work for, but as they grew in size we as drivers started getting to slow down with work which affected our paycheck.
March 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are a smaller company but we grow every year due to the growing demand for transportation. We hope while with us you reached out to our Driver Relations Dept. and they could have reviewed your paycheck with you and seen if there was something that could be done on our end for you.

fun place
Tractor Trailer Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2018
Melton truck lines is one of the best flat bed companies that I've worked for. They go the extra mile to ensure that you are treated like family. They really do make you feel like you are a professional truck driver
March 2, 2018

Thank you for the review! We consider all drivers to be a part of the Melton family!

good for first time otr drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 18, 2018
i wouldn't have left if I knew what other companies were like. This was my first otr job and i thought things would be better at my next company. I'm actually waiting for my time to come back and finish my career with melton.
January 19, 2018

Thank you for your review! We look forward to having you back at Melton!

All show
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TXJanuary 1, 2018
They make themselves sound great on paper. The environment is still trucking and the people in the office are like every other trucking company. They are good at business which allows them to pay more but drivers are probably more disposable compared to other trucking companies.
January 15, 2018

We strive to be great on paper and in reality. We do value drivers and they are not disposable to us. Without drivers we would not have jobs. We are sorry that you feel this was not reflected in your experience but we hope you shared your concerns while with us.

Loved it.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 4, 2017
I woul still be driving for them if my circumstances had been differant. I lost my wife in a car accident and had to raise my two young children on my own.
January 15, 2018

We appreciate the review and are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we are very sorry about the loss of your family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Melton Truck Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about