Play YouTube video button

Melton Truck Lines Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Could have better staff at terminal in Masury, OH
Former driver (Former Employee) –  Masury, OHMay 5, 2018
I would go back to melton if they got rid of them driver facing cameras and went back to duals instead of super single tires. Also if they had a north east regional position. Basically this will never happen so good luck to you new guys.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Driving facing cameras
May 8, 2018

Hi, we regret to hear that you will not consider returning to Melton. As far as the drive cams go, we implemented them in our trucks to encourage safe driving and reduce risky driving behaviors. It also serves to eliminate fraud and exonerate drivers by showing exactly what did happen in the event of a traffic collision. It does not record 24/7 but rather continuously records 10 seconds of video. Every second it adds one second to be saved and deletes a previously saved second. Once an event (i.e. an accident) is triggered the unit saves an additional 10 seconds for a total of 20 seconds. We encourage drivers that do not feel comfortable to cover it up at night when they are off duty/sleeping. And we are an OTR carrier but any other positions we have will be posted on our website. We hope that if we ever do have a North East regional position open up that you will consider it!

Fun workplace, always on the move
CDL FLAT BED (Former Employee) –  OaklahomaApril 5, 2018
Better than other companies i drove for by far. By that i mean starting pay was 43 or more cpm depending on experience. The driver manager is reachable to help with any concerns. you get compensated for breakdown past
Pros
Better Pay, Team Oriented Fleet
Cons
Tarps are heavy
April 9, 2018

Thank you very much for your 4 star review and feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

working for melton truck lines
Driver (Current Employee) –  usaMarch 28, 2018
I have been working for melton for a long time they are a good company to work for yes there are things that need work but NO COMPANY IS PERFECT it is a fast paced business flatbed is not for everyone it takes everyone from the driver that just came into the company to the ceo to make it work the most important thing is communication if they don't know then they can't help you
April 2, 2018

Thank you for the 5 stars! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying it and we completely agree with you about communication!

Class A CDL Driver (Flatbed) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2018
Good place to work. Very nice facilities, Only problem was with Driver Manager! Seasoned drivers were real friendly and HAPPY to give assistance and advice.
Pros
Friendly people and atmospher
March 15, 2018

Thank you for the 5 stars! We are sorry if there were some problems with your Driver Manager. We hope while with us you would have expressed these concerns with your Senior Driver Manager or the Driver Relations Dept. so we could see if there was something we could do.

Just Another Trucking Company
OTR Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 2, 2018
Pretty typical for an irregular OTR company. Not particularly terrible, but definitely not great either.

Seems like dispatch doesn't want to communicate with you about anything. Had quite a few occasions appointments for delivery were not made, and I ended up having downtime because of it. I sat in a speedco for 3 hours to get a fuel filter changed because the outside repair dept. Wouldn't give the shop authorization to work on the truck.

Reimbursements have been short more than once, and upon trying to resolve the issue my call was not answered and call was not returned when I left a message.

On the other hand the upper management are nice as can be. Nice trucks, decent miles, realistic expectations.

Overall not the worst company out there but not any different than the rest of them.
Pros
Nice trucks, most of their other drivers are great people
Cons
Communication, communication, and communication
March 5, 2018

We regret to hear that you did not have a great experience with us. We do pride ourselves on communication though which is why we have so many avenues on which you can communicate with us. You can call us, use our TransFlo mobile app to send a message, Quallcomm, email, post on our internal Facebook Fleet Groups, message us on any of our social media platforms, etc. It has always been said that if you cannot get ahold of a certain person in the office that you call someone else. We never want a driver to feel ignored and we are always available. We wish that while you were with us you would have reached out to our Driver Relations Dept. which could have assisted you in the situations you mentioned. And we do appreciate you taking the time to review us!

On The Road Driver
On-The-Road Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 21, 2018
I was an Over-The-Road flatbed driver and enjoyed it very much. It was difficult at first learning to tarp on your own, but once you got it down, it helped me to do my job better. Training was instructional but also learning life skills.
Pros
Able to travel the states.
Cons
Being away from the family.
March 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Flatbed is a challenging yet rewarding job, but like you mentioned you not only learn how to do securement but pick up some great life skills as well!

Very good experience
Assistant Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 20, 2018
I took calls in the recruiting dept. for future over the road truck drivers. I would explain to them all what Melton Truck Lines had to offer and then arrange for their travel.
Pros
Working with the drivers
Cons
The pay
March 2, 2018

Thank you for the 5 stars! Our Recruiting Dept. is essential to finding great talented drivers and bringing them onto our team.

Descent place of employment
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2018
Melton stared out as a good place to work for, but as they grew in size we as drivers started getting to slow down with work which affected our paycheck.
March 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are a smaller company but we grow every year due to the growing demand for transportation. We hope while with us you reached out to our Driver Relations Dept. and they could have reviewed your paycheck with you and seen if there was something that could be done on our end for you.

fun place
Tractor Trailer Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2018
Melton truck lines is one of the best flat bed companies that I've worked for. They go the extra mile to ensure that you are treated like family. They really do make you feel like you are a professional truck driver
March 2, 2018

Thank you for the review! We consider all drivers to be a part of the Melton family!

good for first time otr drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 18, 2018
i wouldn't have left if I knew what other companies were like. This was my first otr job and i thought things would be better at my next company. I'm actually waiting for my time to come back and finish my career with melton.
January 19, 2018

Thank you for your review! We look forward to having you back at Melton!

All show
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TXJanuary 1, 2018
They make themselves sound great on paper. The environment is still trucking and the people in the office are like every other trucking company. They are good at business which allows them to pay more but drivers are probably more disposable compared to other trucking companies.
January 15, 2018

We strive to be great on paper and in reality. We do value drivers and they are not disposable to us. Without drivers we would not have jobs. We are sorry that you feel this was not reflected in your experience but we hope you shared your concerns while with us.

Loved it.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 4, 2017
I woul still be driving for them if my circumstances had been differant. I lost my wife in a car accident and had to raise my two young children on my own.
January 15, 2018

We appreciate the review and are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we are very sorry about the loss of your family.

Fun like a ping pong
Trainee (Former Employee) –  808 n 161st e ave tuksa okla 74116November 27, 2017
I was a trainee driver pulling a flat bed trailer going to all 48 states i drove with a trainer for awhilei like it i really wanted to continue but my family called me home
Pros
No free lubches
Cons
Had healthcare
January 15, 2018

We are glad to hear you had a great training experience with us. Sometime down the road if you would like to go back out OTR please let us know!

Great work culture
Int'l Credit Analyst/AP (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 10, 2017
This company has great leaders. Great leaders that are willing to help and teach the successful path of the business. They offer great benefits. The company has on site gym and a healthy food cafeteria. There’s no reason to leave the building for lunch nor an excuse to not stay healthy.
January 15, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our work and wellness culture!

Melton Truck line was a bit above average
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 9, 2017
Had great equipment to drive. Dispatcher kept you running basically depending on which state you were in. Melton had nice driver that had attendant's to kept the facilities clean.
Pros
Showers and vending machines and tv room
Cons
Would have to keep on the dispatcher to get you home on time.
January 15, 2018

Thank you for your review! While driver managers do their best to get everyone home when requested we do encourage open and consistent communication so that you can make sure everyone is on the same page.

great work out facilities on the main terminal
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 6, 2017
first otr trucking job enjoyed it pretty much learned a lot and melton drivers are pretty much friendly. hometime is bad to long out on the road but they always get you home on time and take care of your home needs. after two weeks out on the road I like to come home and see the family and recharge.
Pros
good pay great benefits
Cons
too long before they route you home
January 15, 2018

Thank you for your review, since we are strictly an irregular route OTR carrier we do require that drivers are out for at least 2 weeks at a time but like you mentioned we do our best to get drivers home when requested.

Fun company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 29, 2017
Enjoyed working for them,no problems they left me alone,all they expect from you is to pick up your loads on time and deliver them on time,very friendly company to work for
January 15, 2018

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear you had fun while working with us!

Very stressful, loading, flatbed trucks, very high expectations
Truck Driver (18-Wheeler) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at work loading the flatbed and tying down the load, what I learned that this is very demanding job, stressful, fast paced
management was very demanding
My work environment meeting the customers was priceless
taking the loads from one destination to another in a timely manner
driving with a load and coming out the mountains on a downgrade and going through the weigh stations and moving the weight to be even on the truck
I enjoyed traveling through the beautiful mountains and meeting new people from all over the United States.
Pros
Meeting new people, traveling to places I never been, delievering a load timely, having fun
Cons
No paid time off, sitting on a load, truck breaks down
January 15, 2018

We do strive for excellence and we are glad that you had such a rewarding experience with us. Trucking is a demanding job and flatbed is even more demanding. We do our best to avoid drivers having to sit on loads but sometimes sitting and your truck breaking down are just part of the job. We do have breakdown, layover and detention pay to help drivers when these situations arise and our trucks are on average about 1.5 years old and we have a great maintenance team that will take care of any issues.

dispatcher
southbound dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 29, 2017
I love to work with melton its a good company to work with and the people are friendly. the company its a new management this is the reason why they let me go . they let go the senority.
January 15, 2018

Thank you for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. While we cannot discuss personnel files publicly please feel free to give us a call if you would like to discuss your employment with us.

Great company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 26, 2017
Melton truck lines is a great company to work for. Your always guaranteed 2500 plus miles per week, including tarp pay. I'd recommend this company to anyone who's looking for a great flatbed company; with great benefits.
Pros
Great benefits
January 15, 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you recommending us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Melton Truck Lines. Our community is ready to answer.