Melwood Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
ok job
CLSA COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 14, 2018
I wasn't here very long before they decided to close their group homes. Kinda though why hire me if you knew you was closing the group homes very soon. The job was easy and the client was good as well.
Corporate Culture needs to Improve
One of many (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 5, 2018
There is a culture of Us/Them. Which the senior/c suite staff don't seem to recognize. Corporate Culture initiatives seem to be limited to those in close proximity. Efforts have been made, but the average employee doesn't feel "welcome" to participate in many things.
flexible shifts
CSA/ Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed melwood and the residents who lied in the homes. My coworkers were helpful with bringing me on board. there are paid trainings and certifications.
Good place to work but to much gossiping
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2018
It’s a good place to work at but to much chaos almost everyday. It’s not that bad because I seen worse but it could be a little better. They don’t appreciate the employees work. Idk just my opinion
I really enjoy working for Melwood
Community Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dower house Rd. UpperMarlboro Md. 20772April 26, 2018
I really enjoy working for Melwood, I have the best Supervisor there is. she is excellent could not ask for a better supervisor. I really enjoy working with my clients and there families. I learn something everyday about my clients I work with. I take to heart with everything I do with them and it is all about showing and teaching them and they teaching me also about the every day things they want to do in there life.
Morale really low and a lot of underhanded
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 9, 2018
Melwood is a great place, when it comes to being around the clients. The staff really brings down the morale. There are cliques and work is not being done in a timely manner so that I can complete my work
Pros
the flexible hours/work offsite
Cons
the lack of accountability
nice place to learn
Mentor/driver (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDMarch 7, 2018
you can learn a lot about yourself and others working at Melwood. It takes patients and dedecation to work there and you also have to want to helps others.
Pros
good hours
Cons
lace of pay growth
On the facts nothing but.
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772February 25, 2018
I work at Mellwood doing torward the and of spring but my Interview
was that of knowing the fact about custioal work and presethures

becaue what ever you thought you knew you misewell begain to learn
a new way ,and this is how my interview went undestanding that mellwood was going to train you the right way the must productive way

The Interviewers were very open minded to your vews and gave
you the chance to give feed back . I felt like i was going into a bright

open minded career I was chose for the candedent however I became
sick and had to leave the job that was my mistake .

McDonald
Pros
Traing
Cons
Realy no place for parking
Peaceful, people with disabilities are a truly a pleasure. Better communication. Coworkers, communication, Joy that came from the consumers.
Community Support Placement Counselor P/T (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 30, 2017
Act as a liaison between consumer who are socially isolated, at risk for abuse, or suffer from depression or dementia, etc. with various agencies to ensure proper medical/emotional attention is provided. Ensure proper work and living placement is provided for the consumer. Set in place good life skill training plans, ensure medical assistance etc., are provided for each consumer. Complete all related paperwork and reports.
Poor workplaces
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2017
When I’m s tart d at Melwood the company was ok , however through the years I have seen the mistreat the staff and under pay them . Upper management has not and will not have the best interest of its workers at no point in time .
Pros
That I am employedd
Can stressfull
Developmental Coach (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 15, 2017
The job can be very stressful and requires patience. You must have the passion to work with people with disabilities otherwise you may end up not liking the job.
The clients
House Manager/Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 13, 2017
Taking the clients out into the community was the best thing about this job. Looking at how much they enjoyed being in the community made this job god
Pros
The clients
n/a
Development Coach (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 3, 2017
Working with participants was enjoyable. They made you laugh. It was a lovig and caring envrioment. I dont have anything bad to say about this corporation.
Not a bad place to work, they offer future skills
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2017
Melwood was a great place for me to start my career coming from high school with no real skills. But there is no place for advancement. Im ready to move on and up.
Pros
full time, benefits and security
Cons
no way to advance, no raises, we just got paid sick days
Nice environment
Floorer (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 21, 2017
Melwood great place to work!! Working environment was pleasant. Leave was given after a year. worked at least 40 hours a week. I was comfortable there. Staff and managers worked well together.
A good Workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MD 21409July 20, 2017
This was a amazing job. Everyone worked together. I learned new job skills. Hours vary but go by fast. Clean place to work. Like the work environment and management.
Melwood Community Support Assistant
Community Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 6, 2017
Made breakfast ,lunch snacks ,reading conversation chancing depends ,bed baths reaching food listen to music ,taking walks .Grooming showers ,singing change bedsheets different activities as cutting pictures out the magazines cooking and baking cake for Residents export to doctors, serving food as break feast ,lunch gave showers and hairstyle
Great company working to assist others
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 22, 2017
Great social services company, great co-workers. Good company to start out with. Opportunity to learn new skills, apply them in your career advancement.
Wonderful place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMay 24, 2017
Everyone at Melwood seems to be content with their employment. Very helpful as well as understanding employee relationships. Friendly and even pacedwork environment.
Great Services for People with Differing Abilites
ON-CALL SHUTTLE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772May 1, 2017
Good Residents sometimes challenging tasks ,however overall company has growth and potential. Management sometimes is pushy and Allegedly misconduct and lewd behavior with some employees.
Pros
Great Residents and Different Atmosphere
Cons
Split Shifts and Under Pay for Drivers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Melwood. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight