Melwood Employee Reviews

Smoke and mirrors
Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDApril 6, 2019
Selfish, uncaring leaders who just are too busy with their personal agendas to care about the people. Everything associated with their services is poor, medoicre at best. Everything. It is so sad that they just really don't care about quality or the poor disabled people.
Pros
The disabled prople are so lovable
Cons
Starting with the CEO, going right down the line, it is a dishonest and ugly workplace. Horrible place to be stuck at.
productive
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 13, 2019
Working for Melwood is great and it is mostly a custodial company. However Melwood does hire landacapers. I learned that you have to be very serious about working and show your supervisor that you are dependable.
Cons
Breaks
It is a good the company to work with and I referred a lot of people to work with you guys
Custodial Worker Melwood (Former Employee) –  FbiJanuary 26, 2019
It is a good job a and a good company to work with I recommend a whole lot of people to work with you guys I would love to come back to work for you guys cuz it is a good job
Fun place to work co-workers very respectful
ON CALL ROUTE VAN DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 15, 2019
Pick up and drop off scheduled clients. Vehicle inspection daily. Everyone is very polite and caring. Management ensures staff is safe and knowledgeable about their routes. At times individuals will display behaviors and disrupt route, however staff is trained to maintain these behaviors. I enjoy the individuals we service and I love driving.
Pros
Spare Time during routes
Cons
Commute at times when there is heavy traffic in evenings.
Counter productive work environment which became chaotic.
Development Coaches (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDNovember 29, 2018
Initially starting this job I was optimistic and appreciative for the opportunity. I had enjoyed my job for the first couple months but as time went on I found myself losing the joy and light to work like before. The management would constantly change our duties as development coaches and it has become very confusing ad chaotic in this work environment.
Pros
Company Vehicles
Cons
Working Lunch Break, Constant change of job duties
Nice Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 27, 2018
I appreciate the work experience I received but I'm not interested in working at this agency any time in the future. Maybe some time in the future, once things at home are different my decision will change.
stressfull
MATERIAL EXPEDITOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 24, 2018
everyone never wanted to work together it was always making sure one was ahead of the other even though they are both on the same team, management is very bias
when i started working here it was a great place to work.
Senior Retention Counselor (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 5, 2018
When I first started working for the company it felt like family even when 4 o'clock hit most people didn't go home. A few years pass a couple managerial changes and that family feeling went away annual pay raises stopped and it seemed like they had very little interest in the employees.
Pros
co-wokers were a blast to work with
Cons
no interest in taking care of the employee's needs from upper management
ok job
CLSA COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 14, 2018
I wasn't here very long before they decided to close their group homes. Kinda though why hire me if you knew you was closing the group homes very soon. The job was easy and the client was good as well.
Corporate Culture needs to Improve
One of many (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 5, 2018
There is a culture of Us/Them. Which the senior/c suite staff don't seem to recognize. Corporate Culture initiatives seem to be limited to those in close proximity. Efforts have been made, but the average employee doesn't feel "welcome" to participate in many things.
flexible shifts
CSA/ Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed melwood and the residents who lied in the homes. My coworkers were helpful with bringing me on board. there are paid trainings and certifications.
Great starting opportunity
CUSTODIAL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2018
I have grown with this company. The staff is very helpful if you know what to ask for. The hardest part about working here is not having the opportunity to move up and receive higher pay. They do acknowledge that you are a good worker.
Pros
Benefits, counselors
Good place to work but to much gossiping
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2018
It’s a good place to work at but to much chaos almost everyday. It’s not that bad because I seen worse but it could be a little better. They don’t appreciate the employees work. Idk just my opinion
I really enjoy working for Melwood
Community Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dower house Rd. UpperMarlboro Md. 20772April 26, 2018
I really enjoy working for Melwood, I have the best Supervisor there is. she is excellent could not ask for a better supervisor. I really enjoy working with my clients and there families. I learn something everyday about my clients I work with. I take to heart with everything I do with them and it is all about showing and teaching them and they teaching me also about the every day things they want to do in there life.
Morale really low and a lot of underhanded
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 9, 2018
Melwood is a great place, when it comes to being around the clients. The staff really brings down the morale. There are cliques and work is not being done in a timely manner so that I can complete my work
Pros
the flexible hours/work offsite
Cons
the lack of accountability
nice place to learn
Mentor/driver (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDMarch 7, 2018
you can learn a lot about yourself and others working at Melwood. It takes patients and dedecation to work there and you also have to want to helps others.
Pros
good hours
Cons
lace of pay growth
On the facts nothing but.
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772February 25, 2018
I work at Mellwood doing torward the and of spring but my Interview
was that of knowing the fact about custioal work and presethures

becaue what ever you thought you knew you misewell begain to learn
a new way ,and this is how my interview went undestanding that mellwood was going to train you the right way the must productive way

The Interviewers were very open minded to your vews and gave
you the chance to give feed back . I felt like i was going into a bright

open minded career I was chose for the candedent however I became
sick and had to leave the job that was my mistake .

McDonald
Pros
Traing
Cons
Realy no place for parking
Peaceful, people with disabilities are a truly a pleasure. Better communication. Coworkers, communication, Joy that came from the consumers.
Community Support Placement Counselor P/T (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 30, 2017
Act as a liaison between consumer who are socially isolated, at risk for abuse, or suffer from depression or dementia, etc. with various agencies to ensure proper medical/emotional attention is provided. Ensure proper work and living placement is provided for the consumer. Set in place good life skill training plans, ensure medical assistance etc., are provided for each consumer. Complete all related paperwork and reports.
Poor workplaces
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2017
When I’m s tart d at Melwood the company was ok , however through the years I have seen the mistreat the staff and under pay them . Upper management has not and will not have the best interest of its workers at no point in time .
Pros
That I am employedd
Can stressfull
Developmental Coach (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 15, 2017
The job can be very stressful and requires patience. You must have the passion to work with people with disabilities otherwise you may end up not liking the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Melwood. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight