Members 1st Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

It was a great experience
TELLER I (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 13, 2019
members 1st was great and everything it was a fun time to work and the culture their could not be beat, but when it came to compensation and benefits they were not bad at all i only gave it a 3 star because when i was there not knowing if they changed it you could only do a maximum of 6% on your 401k then the company match 3.5 which is great and gets you to 9.5% contribution but i would have preferred to have been able to add more to my contribution if i could have. But for the most part it was a great place to work at and if there was one in my area I would love to pursues them again if i could.
Horrible Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 30, 2019
If you don’t have friends in high places you won’t go anywhere. Management gets away with treating people like dirt and they really only care about their advancement. The new CEO is running it into the ground. My co workers were great and the benefits are okay but nothing to brag about. They pay higher then most places but it’s not worth it
Pros
Paid good
Cons
No breaks
It Was Okay I Guess
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 27, 2019
While I really don’t want to “bash” this company, I don’t think I’d ever voluntarily go back there for a 2 big reasons.
1: During orientation, they make a HUGE deal about how they’re a credit union, not a bank and since they are a credit union, it’s their job to educate members. Not offer them something that would t be beneficial to them. Yet if a customer tells you no, they don’t want a product and if you don’t fight for a yes until you get it, then you get “in trouble”.
2: The branch I worked at was never fully staffed, so we constantly had people coming in from other offices to come help out. Well at least 3 of them (2 were from the same office) basically tried to get me fired. They would talk to me and be all sweet and nice and then the second they heard one itty bitty kernel of something they could use against me, they went right over my boss’s head and went to her manager and told them this huge story (literally none of which I said, I swear I would’ve fessed up) and tried to get me fired. I didn’t get fired, but I got a write up for something I didn’t even do. Not only that, a few other people also tried to get my boss in trouble. So in a nutshell, people like to tattletale and kiss butts.

Listen, I loved my managers and coworkers, well most of my coworkers. I haven’t worked there in almost a year and I still go back to see them. I just really didn’t like how situations were dealt with my upper management. Anytime a “spy” fed them information, they jumped to conclusions without bothering to hear the whole story. They took one persons view of it and took that as
  more... truth and that was that. There was no discussion to solve the issue and I just don’t think that’s a good policy to follow.  less
Pros
Coworkers, office location
Cons
Upper Managements ability to handle situations
Great People
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 18, 2019
Just fantastic group of people working here. While its still a job and everyone would rather be having a picnic there is little to no complaining about the work day.
Okay place to work if you enjoy stress
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17601January 15, 2019
When you are hired on, you have to travel to their head quarters in mechanicsburge for two weeks. Depending on where you live the drive is awful. You are thrown on the line while expected to complete your new hire training, your teller one training and your yearly training. You are constantly pitted against other employees in little "Games" where you publicly keep score of how many accounts you open in a time frame. If you don't open up a lot of accounts, everyone will know and make you feel bad for it instead of helping to coach you. The managers I worked under are lovely people who actually care about their employees. Goals that you are given to reach each month are not feasible or realistic. Also, if you work in a Members 1st inside of a Giant, you will be forced to do aisle time where you stand out in the aisle of a store and try to hand people papers and talk them into opening up an account when their just trying to walk past you to buy their grocery's.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement
Cons
Public humiliation, unfriendly competition
Appears to be a great company to work for but it is not
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 25, 2018
No room for advancement and they will promote who they like, not who is qualified. Management and HR straight up lie to you and the compensation appears to look good but trust me, it also is not. You will be overworked and given little to no help. Higher management is out of touch and love to make changes without consulting anyone that actually does the work. Pathetic. I have been harassed and discriminated against for my political beliefs, ethnicity and orientation. My recommendation, stay away.
Pros
Good benefits, PTO and schedule
Cons
Poor management from top to bottom, overworked and underpaid
workplace
INSURANCE SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 17, 2018
A good company with 401K and pretty good benefits. Can move up with the correct guidance. Made some good friends. Be cautious. Lots of branches for locations to work at. Hours can vary as well depending on where you are working and what department.
Pros
good 401K
Management was poor
Teller (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 11, 2018
The members were good, but the management needed improvement. I think maybe it was the branch I was working at. There was favoritism at the branch.
Pros
Members
Cons
Good company to work for
Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 11, 2018
I have no complaints about this company. I liked my interactions with my fellow co-workers and my customers. The pay was fair and I had an excellent benefit plan.
Work Study
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 14, 2018
Average of 20 hours/school week and 32 hours/summer week.
Performed teller transactions such as deposit and cash checks, withdrawal money, cashier's checks, money orders, cash advances, VISA and Loan payments, balance cash drawer and provide customer service like re-issue capture cards, answer members question and direct them to the appropriate Service Representative,

An excellent place to work.
Great company to work for!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 28, 2017
Great member and associate oriented employer. Benefits are great-medical, dental, vision, 401k, pension, auto/home/renters insurance discount, local store discounts, annual associate rally, annual holiday gala, annual summer picnic at Knoebels. Promoting from within highly encouraged. Managers can be lacking in the branches. Schedules fair. Pay excellent for a financial institution.
Pros
Great benefits, higher than average pay
Cons
Cross selling, "banking" mentality
Fun Place to Work
Teller II (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 7, 2017
It was one of my first jobs! It was a great learning experience and a fun environment. They made sure that everyone felt like part of the company and the CEO was very hands on and a pleasure to deal with.
Great Credit Union
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PASeptember 30, 2017
This was the second largest credit union in Pennsylvania and I would not only recommend it as a place to work but as a great financial institution. Modern and always looking to improve.
Great company to grow with
Teller (Former Employee) –  New Cumberland, PASeptember 21, 2017
Must be prepared to deal with a lot of rejection and angry members. Very fast paced work environment. Must be prepared to ask lots of in-depth questions about the members personal life and financial status to better your chances at getting a sale. Need to be comfortable selling products to the members (VISAs, insurance, gift cards, loans, etc). Need to be competitive in order to meet monthly goals.

Great training programs, always offering classes to better their employees, offered PTO even as a part time teller, flexible hours for college students, long lunch breaks, great management. It's a company that you grow with and stay with for long term.
Pros
Pto, training, flexible hours, great management
Cons
selling products, highly competitive, monthly sales goals
Productive work enivorment
Loan Servicing Specialist & Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 21, 2017
A great company that really puts there members 1st. Management is good. Love the company parties and activities they have for their associates. Hard to work you way up though.
Great Company
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lancaster County, PAAugust 7, 2017
A good place to start and get a foot in the professorial world. They encourage you to seek out your goals. The company as a whole is ethical and desires to meet their members needs.
I have nothing negative to say about the company
Alder Health Services Temp Position June (Former Employee) –  Enola, PAJuly 31, 2017
Its an excellent corporation to work with. I was the one in a million that got the homophobic assistant manager that would flirt with the tellers and had a ladies on his branch, The manager that saw the value in having me there left for a higher position as soon as I started so I got stuck with the assistant manager and he made it very uncomfortable. so I had to leave. But I have excellent friends I made in the company and I love the Credit Union. There is nothing negative that I could ever say about the corporation itself.

- I learned that tellers have a much more difficult tasks than people think, there is a lot of accountability and there is so much responsibility, I loved it. I learned how to keep a balance and keep better track of things.

- Management like I explained before was not the best, But that was a one in a million case.

- Everyone was very happy and we kept a balance, had pizza Fridays and activities we would do on slow days to make things fun and spontaneous.

keeping it a hundred percent professional with management every day even though he was finding ways every to make me look bad. Had to pray everyday the serenity prayer.

I really enjoyed talking with my coworkers, they were just so bubbly and gay ! the colors would just shine all over the place. We had pizza together and we had snacks and donated every time there was new stuffed animals. It was hilarious. Great times.
Great work environment with easy going co workers
Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 25, 2017
I enjoy most tasks that is under my job description, some days are stressful given the amount of members we are opening products for. My co workers and I enjoy providing a relaxed and humorous atmosphere to ease the stress of the day to day duties.
Pros
Members 1st offers discounts with a number of businesses, we are provided with a very elaborate Holiday gala, and lunches throughout the year to fund our Associate Activity Committee to have these functions.
Cons
We are given many options to make our employment a positive one, cannot think of any cons.
Great Company that still truly cares about employee satisfaction
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, PAJuly 23, 2017
This is a great company to work for. Employees are treated equally and fairly! They have great upper management with lots of room to grow your career.
Pros
Career Growth, Great training programs, truly care about employee well being
Cons
None.
Great Company
TELLER II (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 25, 2017
This is a great company to work for! They really treat all employees well. They have great upper management with lots of room to grow your career. Great Company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Members 1st Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Members 1st Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location