Memorial Health University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Level II RN (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 10, 2019
I have really enjoyed working at Memorial. The managers seem to really care about their employees. Working in the level 2 NICU, I have learned great time management and organizational skills that will greatly benefit me as a nurse practitioner.
Talked with many insurance companies, patient's and Families. Learned how to listen
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 31, 2019
I was employed for 25 years, Had great benefits. I loved my job and the people. There was no hard part. HCA took over Memorial and made changes that's why my job was eliminated.
Pros
401 K, Great Benefits, Wonderful Work environment
Cons
Short Lunches, insecurity for as job lay off
Very good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 25, 2019
If your trying to learn and move forward in your career with experience this is the place to be. I have learned and seen so much by working at Memorial. Working at Memorial gives you the opportunity.
Too many years in Security
Campus Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 19, 2019
Crime was getting worse. Time for different job title.Foot & mobile patrol of the campus was great.
The staff I miss. Memorial has a great staff that makes up their Level One Trauma Center.
Doctors & Nurses and EMTS work extremely hard in this AREA. They deserve a raise every 6 months.
Police need to be paid as much as New York City.
Savannah PD & Chatham do a wonderful job keeping the hospital safe.
Pros
Great Level One Trauma Center / Great people & Staff
Cons
Crime in Savannah
Great hospital to work for
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 18, 2019
Memorial Health University Medical Center is a great place to work! The work environment is amazing. They care about their patients! Great benefits!
memory
Medical Surgical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 18, 2019
I haven't worked here in years. When I did it was a great teaching hospital, but plagued by the normal things you will see in an underfunded state hospital
Dedicated Trauma I Medical Center
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2019
A great place to work in a great southern City in Georgia. I was always challenged by my work and learned so much about healthy hearts and the specialty of Cardiology.
I enjoyed my time with Memorial
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 28, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Memorial. I learned a lot during my time there, and was given many advancement opportunities and the opportunity to apply what I learned and was given the opportunity for autonomy. I would still be there if we had not pcs’d to Missouri.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Call offs, or having to float to other floors.
Prior to change in ownership Memorial Health was overall a pleasant working environment.
Medical Coder Orthopedic Surgery (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 26, 2019
As stated, Memorial Health was previously a pleasant place to work, our Dept worked very well together, and our Dept Manager was always available and helpful. End of Month and End of Year could be a little stressful, but everyone jumped in to help.Physicians were available if clarifications needed.
Unit Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 14, 2019
a typical work day in the area that I worked, was non stop!!, during a slow down minute (ha), which was only to wait on the next patient, we shared snacks and enjoyed a bit of conversation. The group of people that I worked with were always well matched, personalities sometimes clash, but we worked it out. Seldom did we have classes offered but if so management will post. However, management was untouchable for the most part. The workplace culture was terrible. The hardest part of the job was not the job, it was the times of disrespect, the performance was great! The most enjoyable part was doing what you like and working with people that felt the same way.
Pros
Allways meeting instresting people.
Cons
bad and exspensive food
Utilization Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 10, 2019
Great, flexible and a challenging place to work; however you are equipped with the necessary tools to productively and efficiently do your job. That sums that up.
Pros
Caring and compassionate company
Cons
Na
Great Place!
Coordinator Clerical (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 8, 2019
Great place to work! Worked here for over 8 years. Enjoy my co-workers and managers. Pay could be better. Would like to retire from here. Recommend to anyone.
Use to be a Great place to work
Physicians Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Memorial Health was one of my favorite place to work. However, after twenty years I threw in the towel. I gave my all here don't get me wrong Memorial sent me back to school with tuition reimbursement and gave me great benefits. But after I completed my College education I had a hard time moving up. I blame management for that glad to know many have been removed after I decided to start my on career.
I work for a contracted company. But the hospital administration care nothing about. Never made sure we was good.
Patient care service (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 29, 2018
The hospital admin. Didn't care about the contracted workers. They never came by an acknowledged us. However, always was there to reprimand someone. Never open door policy. Struggle to talk to anyone about the employee issues. They sat in office and point fingers with instructions. Admin needs to do better HCA
Pros
Environment and people are nice
Cons
Weak benefits, lack of care for employees (contracted). Not proactive
Overall I enjoyed my experience at Memorial, I love my work. Helping people help themselves.
Physician Practice Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 11, 2018
Typical Day- Coming in the office a few minutes early to get a start on my day. Viewing the schedule to check my workload for the day. Taking care of patients needs, getting them prepared for the physician.
Learning- I learn every day, by listening to my patients and the physicians I have worked with are great instructors.
Management- We have had at least 12 managers during the 8 years that I have worked for Memorial, I can not say a lot about that.
Culture- Is diverse, again another learning experience, very enjoyable.
Hardest Part of the Job- Notifying patients of not so good news about their health. Persuading non-compliant patients to adhere to the physicians instructions, very rewarding though.
Most enjoyable- At the end of the day, knowing that I have done something to help another person, even if it was as small as giving them a smile.
RN (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 8, 2018
Very stressful recently purchased
Poor compensation..……..Low morale...…………………

Would not recommend...Very stressfl
Very stressful

Do not recommend
among the best
Pediatric RN (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 7, 2018
I do recommend this employer. Although I am sure the culture has changed in the 10 years since I have worked there. The absolute best thing that happened to me there is meeting my wife.
Overall a decent workplace
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 6, 2018
Typical day is busy. At times short-staffed, so it gets hectic and stressful more often than not. Management does listen to suggestions and complaints, but are slow to implement solutions and resolve matters. The hardest part of the job is attempting to work positively when you are unhappy with the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the few moments of downtime when you are able to regroup and organize/prioritize your workload.
Everything has changed
Sterile Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 4, 2018
Since I worked there, the hospital was bought out by another company. Culture changed, pay changed, management changed, the only thing left original is the building.
Busy ad exciting place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 1, 2018
There is always something to do and learn
It's a busy place to work but co-workers are helpful
The hardest part of the job is nurse to patient ratio
Pros
Helpful co-workers
Cons
Pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Health University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Memorial Health University Medical Center Reviews by Location