Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews

No room for advancement
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 18, 2018
I have been here for 7 going on 8 years and a year ago I was able to finally make it to the next dollar with incentives for annual reviews. So much is expected of you and work load is dropped on you with expectations of getting it done even with no proper training and there are no incentives given when this is being applied.
Good health Insurance , dental , 403b benefits
Human Resources Representative II (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 17, 2018
Not everyone is treated equal. All departments run themselves. There is not a consistency in reprimand nor recognition. Some feel unappreciated and are often treated as though they are not heard. You have a better chance if you have a family member in Upper management Very political!!!
Pros
Onsite free covered parking., Gifts from Administratio during special events, to acknowledge all employees for their hard work, Bonuses based on fiscal years earnings
Cons
Very strict on time & attendance. Often written up no matter the reason. It’s a 3 strikes, you’re out. Also favoritism towards family members employed.
Judge mental
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 15, 2018
This company is do as I say not do as I do. They are not an equal opportunity employer. They judge others based off of managements beliefs not facts
Awesome company
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 11, 2018
Love working with Memorial. Great company that care about their employees. Benefits are great! Tuition reimbursement helped me along with school. Great place for advancement.
Great organization and culture
Professional Staff (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 6, 2018
Memorial has a strong sense of culture and family. It has a strong commitment to the community and its patients. Executive level is top notch. Middle management needs improvement
Pros
Work environement
Cons
Middle Management needs improvement
Great place to work with awesome benefits
Advanced Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 4, 2018
Great Job to gain experience in the medical field. The administrative work for the entry healthcare field is a great start and the company offers an abundance of opportunities to grow.
Well run healthcare system
Manager of Special Events (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 2, 2018
Excellent service provider and strong leadership
Well oiled machine however sometimes good employees are overlooked . Benefits are very good but have dwindled over the past 6 years or so.
Workplace culture is fairly balanced
Registered Nurse II, Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 1, 2018
Management take an active interest in their staff.
Offer very good benefits, wages, and flexible schedules..
Very supportive of staff,good place to work.
Great Patient Care
EKG Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Pines, FLJune 22, 2018
Memorial Hospital really focuses on patient care and customer service. They pay very close attention to detail and are very attentive when it comes to their patients. I do think the staff are underpaid though. For example both PCAs and EKG Monitor Techs have a base pay of $11.12 per hour. I have been working there for three years and so far my pay increase is minute at $11.53 per hour.
Productive, professional and fun,
Hospital Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 22, 2018
Productive, professional, fast paced, and fun. I really enjoyed my time working there in the medical ICU and trauma ICU. The doctors really care for their patients.
the best job to start off when wanting to work in health care
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2018
very good job to work at. very hands on and quick to catch on. your boss are laid back but can be a stick person. you can use these tools in everyday life are when you continue on with a successful job.
Stress relief room for cat naps
Certified Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 19, 2018
A typical work at work was having to do all assigned work at your own pace and doing extra if required
workshops were always available for you to learn new things
Provision of lectures to gain CEU,s for licencensure
Management was terrific and well organized
The hardest part of the job is to see sick dying kids
The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff, there was so much
love and unity, great to work with staff and supervisors
Pros
yes, all the time
Cons
there were short breaks and time to go for a bathroom break
Very laid back understanding company
Cook (Current Employee) –  Abilene, KSJune 15, 2018
Going to work is here is a joy to me. Our days can unexpected events, but are always handled with care. Management is awesome, family oriented and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job is, doing dishes. For the most part I enjoy my job at the hospital.
Pros
Good benefit, great PTO time
Cons
Health insurance to expensive.
Great place to do your internship
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 14, 2018
I did my internship and everyday that I went I learned something new. Every operating room was a different procedure going on which was fun. It was a hands on experience.
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Extern) (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed everything about my position as a extern student, and for everything I learned I will be a great asset to another company. every task as a pharmacy Technician is done and completed out of passion because that's just what I enjoy doing.
Pros
Flexiable Schedule
Cons
no cons
Reason for leaving
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at Memorial Healthcare System very much. The only reason the I took the early retirement option was because I had already purchased a home in Leesburg Florida. Had South Florida not become so overcrowded things would have worked out different.
Pros
recondition for work well done
Patient and family centered
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 5, 2018
Great place to work. Biggest complaint is the attendance policy, it isn't a fair policy nor is it a rational policy. I don't have much else to complain about.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Somewhat managed unfairly, e.g. attendance policy
very good
HOSPITAL VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 3, 2018
great hospital. helps you to gain experience career wise for the future. they helped me to get recommendation letters for school. they work with your scheduled
Rn
Registered Nurse/Surgical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 2, 2018
I was an RN at Memorial and I would go back to work there if offered a job. I am now an NP and would like to work in that capacity. I enjoyed working there.
Memorial Healthcare Systems
Environmental Care Lead Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 31, 2018
There is no typical day at work. The services we provide can change based on customer and staff needs throughout the hospital. the culture of the hospital holds you to high standards. Everyone is friendly. I recommend this job if your interested.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2