Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Productive and skillful work place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 11, 2018
I’ve been employed for 18 years.I love this place it’s always room for advancement people friendly staff is great.I love taking care of patients especially the elderly.working for this company inspires you to do all you can and be all you can it doesn’t get any better than that
RN for med/surg
Med/surg, Telemetry nurse (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 9, 2018
As a floor nurse I was taking care of med/surg patients. A typical day includes dressing changes for surgical patients, medication administration and monitor different symptoms depending on patient's diagnosis.
Pros
Good environment to work
Cons
very low pay rate per hour
Patient care
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 5, 2018
Great Benefits
Retirement plan
Career advancement
Tuition reimbursement
Flexible schedule
Overtime and holiday pay
Nice and clean environment to work in
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Weekend and holiday hours
Outpatient
PFSR (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 2, 2018
Check patients in for their upcoming surgeries, labs, and procedures. The hardest part of the job is knowing what insurances are par and non-par and the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting all of the people that walk through our doors.
Good Place to work
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 2, 2018
Very nice place to work i have been working there for 3 years now and feel like a small family. The work environment is good and employees are nice and friendly
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 1, 2018
Na. Internship for 5 months. Great experience. Reccomend.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Basic salary and benefits
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 25, 2018
I was working at a branch of Memorial Hospital called Children Diagnostic and Treatment Center. Staff with poor management skills.Too much gossip and back stabbing. Good place to provide Case Management Services. You learn to deal with people with different cultures. Hardest part of the job was the wear and tear of your car, since you are constantly visiting patients all over the county I finally had to leave since my car kept braking down and was not able to perform the job properly.
.Enjoyed the satisfaction of helping someone in need of medical services who would not be able to get them unless this program provided them.
Pros
Cover Health benefits, vacations
Cons
Poor management, poor culture
Great place.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 23, 2018
Definitely loved the people the best thing about working as a caretaker is honestly helping the patients and getting to know them on a personal level to where they become family after a while. Sweet people who just need more assistance then usual. I would love to go back.
Fun work place
INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 23, 2018
I work in the kitchen and do multiple things. I learn new things daily. I currently assist kitchen staff with food preparation, set up trays for patients, and stock food items.
Best place I've worked
Memorial Physician Group (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 23, 2018
My team was incredible, my manager was fantastic. My experience with Memorial was the best. Opportunities for growth, interaction, advancement, education all at your fingertips. Truly, my favorite place to work. I was heartbroken when I relocated and had to leave.
Pros
Management, catered events, volunteer opportunities, benefits package, compensation
Cons
Very little opportunity for remote work, limited physician netowkr if you travel outside of the area
Productive and fast paced work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 21, 2018
I worked in a very fast paced position serving 100's of visitors, patients and medical personnel.I learned a lot and met some wonderful people in the 10 years employed there. I watched a lot of management come and go but for the most part the department ran in order. The culture was at times intense. I loved the diversity of the environment and the understanding of how we all think differently. We all brought something special to the table. The department had it's hiccups like all companies/departments but we made things work. I enjoyed the medical personnel and the patients the most. The medical personnel worked hard and you could see it in there face. The patients just wanted a smile or gesture to make them feel better to help push them through whatever was ailing them.
Pros
Benefits, meeting new people, always learning
Cons
Lack of Consistency/under-skilled, employees
ED Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 19, 2018
Memorial healthcare system is an amazing place to work. the leadership sets tangible goals and communicates very well. I've worked there many years and seen many different transformations/leaders. the organization remains competitive and patient and family focused. they are also my preferred healthcare provider for myself and my family.
Productive Workplace Very Fast Paced
Patient Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 18, 2018
It's very fast paced working there, but you are trained efficiently before you are sent to work on your own, Management is cooperative at times, sometimes doesn't take the needs of the employees seriously. Hardest part of the just is the consistency of work. Most enjoyable part is the ability to help others in need in any way that you can
Great place
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 13, 2018
Great place good people
They need retention bonuses to keep people from leaving
Many new nurses leave in 2-3 years after getting the masters degrees
Friendly
Member Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 11, 2018
Memorial Healthcare was my dream Job. Just by walking around with the Memorial ID says a lot to me it means power, strength, love and unity within the work place.
N/a
Sr. Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for MHHS and the individuals I worked with were excellent. MHHS provided all the tools and resources to be successful in your career.
Fast Paced, Fun enviorment
health coach (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 5, 2018
very high paced environment.
Co-workers are pleasant more like family. most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to make a difference in a patients life.
Positives of working at MHS.
Medial coder 11 (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 5, 2018
. Emphasis on Quality and continuing education.
. Coding with reviewing of Audits send per day.
. Culture of educated coder, supported by monthly meeting..
Pros
Great healtcare benefits and 401K.
Cons
No allowance for overtime.
Excellent company to work for
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 3, 2018
Excellent company to work for, the people are very nice at Memorial Health system. Memorial put a lot into their employees. Memorial help you further your education.
Productive and fun place to work and learn
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 2, 2018
Excitement, fun, family, togetherness. A relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, where I can perform at my best without being micromanaged.
Everyone is friendly and helpful. Patients are always satisfied. Receiving a thank you and a blessings from family and patients are the most rewarding thing for me.
Pros
Great cafeteria menu

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2