Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Productive and fast paced work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 21, 2018
I worked in a very fast paced position serving 100's of visitors, patients and medical personnel.I learned a lot and met some wonderful people in the 10 years employed there. I watched a lot of management come and go but for the most part the department ran in order. The culture was at times intense. I loved the diversity of the environment and the understanding of how we all think differently. We all brought something special to the table. The department had it's hiccups like all companies/departments but we made things work. I enjoyed the medical personnel and the patients the most. The medical personnel worked hard and you could see it in there face. The patients just wanted a smile or gesture to make them feel better to help push them through whatever was ailing them.
Pros
Benefits, meeting new people, always learning
Cons
Lack of Consistency/under-skilled, employees
Basic salary and benefits
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 25, 2018
I was working at a branch of Memorial Hospital called Children Diagnostic and Treatment Center. Staff with poor management skills.Too much gossip and back stabbing. Good place to provide Case Management Services. You learn to deal with people with different cultures. Hardest part of the job was the wear and tear of your car, since you are constantly visiting patients all over the county I finally had to leave since my car kept braking down and was not able to perform the job properly.
.Enjoyed the satisfaction of helping someone in need of medical services who would not be able to get them unless this program provided them.
Pros
Cover Health benefits, vacations
Cons
Poor management, poor culture
Best place I've worked
Memorial Physician Group (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 23, 2018
My team was incredible, my manager was fantastic. My experience with Memorial was the best. Opportunities for growth, interaction, advancement, education all at your fingertips. Truly, my favorite place to work. I was heartbroken when I relocated and had to leave.
Pros
Management, catered events, volunteer opportunities, benefits package, compensation
Cons
Very little opportunity for remote work, limited physician netowkr if you travel outside of the area
Experience depends on location
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 1, 2018
My experience working at Pembroke Imaging was not pleasant and working at Memorial South was horrible. These two facilities lacked management that could be fair and not much experience in the modality they were covering. But the main hospital and West were totally different. The culture has changed drastically in the whole system but its still a good place to work considering the options
Pros
too many to name
Cons
pay, management, benefits
Advanced Registration Representative
ADVANCED REGISTRATION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 1, 2018
Work day is hectic, non-stop. I've learned to multi-task and switch task. Management picks their favorites, the culture of the organization does not reflect the individual departments. The benefits are awesome.
Pros
Paid Leave
Cons
No work life balance
Don't do it
Cashier/ food server (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 25, 2018
Worked in the food/ cafeteria area and people do not stay in this area long at all. they have new employees in that area almost every week because people quit

the manager for that department is clueless and does not know what he is doing at all. he lets the employees run him instead of it being the other way around. he also loves to gossip and suck up to the head manager.

we were always over worked and expected to to 3 things at one time. just bad overall. they say after 6 months you can switch to a new department but dont believe them because thats at lie
Pros
free food, the benefits
Cons
pay, management
Memorial hospital is a caring environment and its focus on family centered care. a patient at memorial hospital will leave upon discharge understandin
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 18, 2018
My time at Memorial Regional Hospital is all memorable, I obtained great training in post open heart patients, in addition i went through a Echo class which thought me how to care for patients in Intensive care. Also Memorial paid for my education when i obtained My BSN in Science degree and also my Case management certification.
Pros
Family and patient oriented, great support for staff.
Cons
High stress, not so great salary
RRT (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 31, 2018
Working in the peds ED is very rewarding and fast paced. Management for the most part is very helpful. The culture is focused on family and patient care first.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
cost of living raise
Nice place to work
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 15, 2018
Memorial system has a great team of employees who are very passionate about caring for people. It was a pleasure working alongside nurses and other staff to ultimately attain the same goal; which is to provide patient and family centered care.
Pros
Great benefits and culture
Cons
Compensation, poor leadership
Best place to work in Broward County
Administrative Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Best place to work due to it's culture and it's dedication to provide the best services possible to the community. MHS has exceptional employee benefits and provides outstanding support to its employees.
Very stressful place to work. No regard for work life balance
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  MHWJuly 19, 2018
Once upon a time the system was a good place. Currently the working environment is very stressful. The facility is understaffed and
work life balance does not exist in the organizations culture. There is lots of work to do and not enough people to do it. The main goal is budget and patient satisfaction. No one cares about employee satisfaction.
Pros
Lots of work so you will get your hours
Cons
work environment, old equipment
A nice and productive place but need better managment
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 7, 2018
Memeorial Health System is a nice place to work, but in some departments management needs improvement. The pay is ok but not equivelant to the years of labor. Benefits are awesome.. I Loved what i did for the people , just wish management could have been better.
Pros
Benefits, meal discounts, paid time off
Cons
Shortage of workers, patient satisfactory
Patient care
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 5, 2018
Great Benefits
Retirement plan
Career advancement
Tuition reimbursement
Flexible schedule
Overtime and holiday pay
Nice and clean environment to work in
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Weekend and holiday hours
The place to work, great environment and excellent workplace culture
Intern Nuclear Medicine (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 6, 2018
Excellent place to work, great benefits and enjoyable environment to work. Management is available to help when help is needed and excellent team work.
Pros
Great benefits, meal discounts and fun activities for the family
Cons
N/a
Positives of working at MHS.
Medial coder 11 (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 5, 2018
. Emphasis on Quality and continuing education.
. Coding with reviewing of Audits send per day.
. Culture of educated coder, supported by monthly meeting..
Pros
Great healtcare benefits and 401K.
Cons
No allowance for overtime.
Memorial Healthcare Review
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 31, 2018
Memorial is probably the best company to work for. I love the staff and the management team. The benefits are great. You learn so much without having experience to start.
Benefits
Cons
Need more pay for the work we do
Fast paced environment
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Memorial Regional is a great place to work and gain experience.
The patients that you see have complicated problems and you must be good at problem solving and knowledgeable of the community resources. Customer service skills are valued and expected.
Many of the employees never leave this system and it is common for someone to be there going on 20 plus years. That says alot.
No place is perfect, but if you are willing to work hard everyday, then Memorial is the right place for you. The most difficult part of the job would be driving to work especially if you live far. Once you punch in, your day flys by.
Memorial Healthcare System
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 20, 2018
It is an amazing hospital to work for. The pay and benefits are amazing. The only thing I would change about Memorial is the management of certain departments.
Pros
Good pay, Benefits, Advancement.
Cons
Poor management (In some departments), attendance policy, unfriendly environment (In some departments)
Power struggle
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 27, 2018
Since the new CEO took over, many positions have changed and all for the good of the CEO. Many of his own people were promoted and those that were ready for promotion were disregarded. The culture became all about the people that he wanted to see move. Employee morale declined and many people were either asked to leave or suspiciously laid off.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everyone out for themselves
Very low paying
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 24, 2018
Over work loyal employees and pay very bad...they rather hire outside employees and even pay them more then to raise loyal employees salaries. Their yearly bonuses are a joke and it's ridiculous that they make you do a special project to receive a bonus ..most of the time they chose who they want to give the projects to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2