Memorial Healthcare System
73Above average

Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews

United States695 reviews
None other than is a great place to work for great coworkers great administration
Great overall.

I do recommend this work place.

Im very happy working for Memorial
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Management is brutal. Corporate America to the max.
No matter how well you care for the patients that's not what they care about.

It's all about their ability to get grants, to look good from the community point of view that is broadcast.

They do not listen nor care about any of their employees.
business minded management; no recognition for the little guy, upper management bonuses and salaries don't get reduced but employees did not get quarterly bonus or match on 403B retirement plan this year due to COVID.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
micro management; turnover, etc
I love that memorial is semi willing to work with there employees, work days can be hectic and chaotic, being able to consistently adapt is a must, things can change by the hour, a day consists of collecting supplies, going to the floor or cart you’re assigned too and cleaning rooms or floors which can consist of areas in the hospital that are a set number of rooms, others are floats and they move through out the hospital
Pros
The benefits, Pto, Sick bank, Set Schedule
Cons
Overtime hour cuts
Memorial regional hospital prepared me for everyday life experiences in the nursing field. They showed me how to work as a team player, while being efficient.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Memorial is a wonderful place to work because of the people that work for this system. The therapists there genuinely want to make a difference in patient's lives in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. Suggestions are frequently requested to determine how to make the company even better.
Organized
Opportunities for Professional Growth.

Good Teamwork

A typical day of work-management encouraging for professional growth

Workplace culture-Friendly, inviting

The hardest part of the job-12 hour shifts pays more on the lesser side.
I love the Memorial healthcare system. They strive in excellent patient-family center care as well as devote their attention to their employees, making sure everyone is healthy and safe. Though now I am ready for two jobs and I am excited to work for a secondary healthcare system.
Perfect balance of patient care and minimum patient contact if you do not like bedside patient care. It is a great way to start off a career in healthcare
I liked working there. My immediate supervisors were totally supportive and I learned a lot from them. There wasn't a lot of opportunity for growth but it was a good place to work.
Memorial is a fantastic organization to work for. The culture is simply amazing, not to mention great health care! The only drawback is that opportunity for growth is somewhat limited.
This is a fast paced place. You need to have the right stamina to continue working for a long period of time.
Short-staffed causes animosity among the team.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Need to hire the right candidates
Great not so good management but good starter kit. Like all jobs has it bad but the kitchen is horrible it’s meant for strong people but still shouldn’t be hostile environment but pay is good work load is easy but not really distributed fair but great pay and foot in door opportunities to advance
A typical day at work is structured and allow a few breaks. The parking was off-site or under security will did not allow for flexibility to run errands during lunch breaks however, the have the best lunch room that catered to every taste and with a discount. The workplace culture closed "Hispanics."
The hardest part of the work was the volume per person so they had a difficult time keeping quality staff plus constantly changing software. The most enjoyable part of work was exercising your skills in accounting at the highest level.
More than a hospital, MHM feels like a five star hotel. They aim for excellence. Patients, staff, visitors, and volunteers are treated with respect and care. Great environment!
Memorial always working towards safety of the community and our patients, also they help employees growing in the field. And offer great benefits to all.
This place does NOT care about their employees. They are constantly asking you for money, or to collect money for their own organizations, to come in on your days off for free, no respect for personal time, they pay at the lowest level possible. And for their "anonymous employee surveys", guess what.. Those surveys are NOT ANONYMOUS. They always track who answered.
Pros
All those snakes who work there need to be replaced ASAP.
Cons
Dont waste your time and efforts here.. Dont don't it.
I love memorial this is the best hospital I have ever worked for only down side is pay rate .Great culture ❤️❤️ Nurse work with PCA management treat you with respect
As a PCA this place is at it worst, I cant even lie I did not like working her at all. The pay is not worth it at all they over work you. Hey it was multiple time I had 15-20 patients while they nurses sit a watch you struggle....... I can not recommend this place for PCA at all
MHS is composed of clean hospitals, good leadership, and lots of opportunity for growth and development. Main focus is on top notch quality and patient care. Overall, it is a great place to work.
Very racist environment starting in the HR department. The company does not provide inclusion or praise diversity. The leaders in HR thrive on degrading other races, delegated unusual and unfair work loads to one race. The department also practices bullying and racial targeting. I would never reccomend . the c....
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight