Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Memorial hospital is a caring environment and its focus on family centered care. a patient at memorial hospital will leave upon discharge understandin
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 18, 2018
My time at Memorial Regional Hospital is all memorable, I obtained great training in post open heart patients, in addition i went through a Echo class which thought me how to care for patients in Intensive care. Also Memorial paid for my education when i obtained My BSN in Science degree and also my Case management certification.
Pros
Family and patient oriented, great support for staff.
Cons
High stress, not so great salary
Great mission and vision
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Love the mission and vision of MHS. Non-profit HCO successfully navigating healthcare challenges and providing quality and efficient patient care. Leadership believes in the mission.
Pros
Easy to follow the vision, good focus on quality
Cons
Pay is at 75th percentile, so not always competitive
job review
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  LaFayette, GASeptember 12, 2018
The job was wonderful and loved working with everyone there but I had to leave due to being with my daughter. I loved working with patients and helping them. I worked in collections/billing and coded and filled in other places when needed.
Pros
loved my job
Cons
not as flexible
Wonderful place to work
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  3501 JOHNSON St. HOLLYWOOD FlSeptember 7, 2018
Is a very nice environment.Hhey give you the opportunity to improve in the medical field and in management.. The Memorial System is a place where you can help a lot of people we do have I think the best customer service.
Work Environment
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Memorial is a great environment to work especially as entry level. There is room for growth, and support from staff. Typical Work day the floor can be heavy and hectic, but with good support staff you can get through a 12 hour shift. The culture is very diverse and everyone is respectful. Most enjoyable part of the job, is helping someone in need and recognizing the care.
Pros
staff, tuition reimbursement, referral program
Cons
sometime understaffed
beautiful and strict
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 4, 2018
It is fun working at Memorial we work togather My boss is the best She is such a people person You can talk to her about anything personal and work business I gave a 15 out of a 15
Pros
when its work time it is work time
Cons
work has to been done but doing it with fun
Memorial Healthcare Review
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 31, 2018
Memorial is probably the best company to work for. I love the staff and the management team. The benefits are great. You learn so much without having experience to start.
Benefits
Cons
Need more pay for the work we do
RRT (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 31, 2018
Working in the peds ED is very rewarding and fast paced. Management for the most part is very helpful. The culture is focused on family and patient care first.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
cost of living raise
patient access secretary
Patient Access Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 28, 2018
Memorial is great except for management. We NEED leaders who are going to be positive and motivating for employees, NOT people who put their team against each other. Managers also have a say in whether or not you can apply for other jobs which is frustrating. Employees are a direct reflection of their managers and when you have a miserable, bitter manager who is the literal meaning of "misery loves company" makes it difficult to show up to work everyday happily. Management loves drama and to put everyone against each other. Memorial needs to do better when hiring these so called "leaders."
Working as a Hostess there isn't worth it.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 27, 2018
I am currently working here as a Hostess, the job description is completely different than what you're actually doing. I would not recommend anyone to do this. You're working for 10 hours with a pay between 10.35-10.75. You dont have a life, you're killing your back, and they don't care about you
Pros
Free lunch
good working conditoon
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 25, 2018
I learned a lot at memorial, anora athey was one of the best bosses i ever worked with. I learned skills there,such as telemetry,and ekg. I wish I still worked there, was very rewarding working there.
Great place to work in Broward County
RN (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 21, 2018
The only downside is the hierarchical culture that prevents younger and newer employees from advancement or even consideration that can be stifling for career growth and innovation. You will be put to work, but the benefits are good.
Amazing company to grow with
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 14, 2018
I must say keep up the great work. I enjoy working for MHS. I had to leave the system for two years, but came right back when the opportunity was offered. The system takes care of their employees and wants to see everyone grow. The benefits are amazing and staff are all excellent leaders.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Parking
great place to work
Telecommunications Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 10, 2018
the director at the dept i worked at hired me and I had no experience, she taught me so much and couched me.

because of her I was able to grow in my field and go to school to enhance my career.

it was so enjoyable working with everyone at Memorial.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 10, 2018
Working for Memorial Healthcare as a supervisor an the food and nutrition department at Joe DiMaggio Children Hospital was very challenging. Love working with the kids and providing with good food according to their diet plan.
Great Company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 9, 2018
Great company to work for. #1 in patient care. Always prepared employees for success and always given all the tools necessary to succeed. Overall very pleasant.
A nice and productive place but need better managment
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 7, 2018
Memeorial Health System is a nice place to work, but in some departments management needs improvement. The pay is ok but not equivelant to the years of labor. Benefits are awesome.. I Loved what i did for the people , just wish management could have been better.
Pros
Benefits, meal discounts, paid time off
Cons
Shortage of workers, patient satisfactory
The place to work, great environment and excellent workplace culture
Intern Nuclear Medicine (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 6, 2018
Excellent place to work, great benefits and enjoyable environment to work. Management is available to help when help is needed and excellent team work.
Pros
Great benefits, meal discounts and fun activities for the family
Cons
N/a
great place to work
Certified Oncology Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2018
I learned true meaning of team work
great opportunity
great supervisor
great work culture
My supervisors allowed me to be incredible and think outside the bus.
Hermann was loyal to me every day.
Review balance of work
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 4, 2018
Memorial Healthcare System is a great Organization however South BROWARD Community leadership is different. The volume of patients they try to see per day is almost impossible to handle which makes the providers leave the organization due to the high level of stress; not only for them but also for the rest of the staff. I has a lot of room for improvement from my point of view.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Amount of work vs hours per day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2