Memorial Healthcare System

Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews for Patient Care Technician

Patient Care Technician31 reviews
United States31 reviews
I enjoy working at Memorial health care but, at this time I'm wanting to change job careers. They give several in services so your successful at your job.
Pros
Friendly, caring atmosphere
Cons
The scare of Covid 19 right now
As a PCA this place is at it worst, I cant even lie I did not like working her at all. The pay is not worth it at all they over work you. Hey it was multiple time I had 15-20 patients while they nurses sit a watch you struggle....... I can not recommend this place for PCA at all
It's a excellent hospital to work at. The only thing is that the nurses and the top dogs feel superior over other people. Everyone is very friendly once.
Not a good place to work. Over worked and under paid. HIPPA violations daily with patients and employees. no room for growth and unhappy floor environments to work in with others
Family oriented and decent benefits. Not much room for advancement in non licensed positions. Education reimbursement. Patient care is excellent. Many positions available.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I learned alot working in the hospital setting.. I truly recommend trying to get your feet in the door. I never thought I would see myself in that setting but I dont regret it not one bit.. The nurses at absolutely amazing and are willing to help you advance
I have been working in this company for more than four years now. It is a very enjoyable and safe environment where patients' care is always a priority.
I work at memorial hospital for six months as a patient care technician, and I must say it was not a good experience.i resign my job because I was a victim of bullying by a particular registered nurse. I will not forget this experience,
Work in critical care setting, with pediatric and adolescent population. Helping with vitals, labs, EKG. Prepare room for incoming trauma pediatric patients as well as prepare rooms for procedures and surgery patients. Acquired experience in a very high paced environment.
A typical day at my job would be to take care of my patients in a mannerly fashion, Do my vitals on all my patients, assist my patients in any way possible, chart all of my actions and help the other PCTs who need help.
I have learned how to speak to patients properly, how important my job is in assisting the nurse. How to keep an open eye to observe symptoms of patients and how to determine if the patients are failing(autonomic dysreflexia, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, and sepsis)

Management is important to keep a unit running smoothly, the need for prioritization, and for keeping employee moral up.

Living in South Florida I have worked with many ethnicities, i have taken care of many people. The culture of the workplace is to respect one another, to respect all cultures, to have respect for others beliefs and religions.

The hardest part of my job sometimes is the acuity, working with spinal cord injuries and brain injuries can be very hectic, time consuming, and a heavy load.

The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of people and seeing the appreciation on their faces when you respect them and have empathy for them.I also like working with the people i have worked with, you become a close nit family because you can be with fellow employees as much as being with your own family.
I learned a lot working for this particular hospital they are alway there to lend a helping hand and have child care if your child is sick and you have to work.
very consistent and offers benefits for full time employees. great place to work and learn daily. feels good to help people who are in need. memorial is a great
Memorial system has a great team of employees who are very passionate about caring for people. It was a pleasure working alongside nurses and other staff to ultimately attain the same goal; which is to provide patient and family centered care.
Pros
Great benefits and culture
Cons
Compensation, poor leadership
I’ve been employed for 18 years.I love this place it’s always room for advancement people friendly staff is great.I love taking care of patients especially the elderly.working for this company inspires you to do all you can and be all you can it doesn’t get any better than that
Great Benefits
Retirement plan

Career advancement

Tuition reimbursement

Flexible schedule

Overtime and holiday pay

Nice and clean environment to work in
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Weekend and holiday hours
Excitement, fun, family, togetherness. A relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, where I can perform at my best without being micromanaged.
Everyone is friendly and helpful. Patients are always satisfied. Receiving a thank you and a blessings from family and patients are the most rewarding thing for me.
Pros
Great cafeteria menu
Memorial is a great environment to work especially as entry level. There is room for growth, and support from staff. Typical Work day the floor can be heavy and hectic, but with good support staff you can get through a 12 hour shift. The culture is very diverse and everyone is respectful. Most enjoyable part of the job, is helping someone in need and recognizing the care.
Pros
staff, tuition reimbursement, referral program
Cons
sometime understaffed
It is fun working at Memorial we work togather My boss is the best She is such a people person You can talk to her about anything personal and work business I gave a 15 out of a 15
Pros
when its work time it is work time
Cons
work has to been done but doing it with fun
I enjoy and like to work for MHW, they care about you and most importantly your patients health and safety first...
Growing at MHW is a big goal, they keep you updated and motivated to keep opening door for my future...
Take advantage of their tuition benefits and ability to do overtime at different hospitals. Patient family centered care is a great model and is very beneficial to the patient and staff as well.
I love this place, managers listen to staff, always room for growth, education paid for and 12 hour shifts, helpful staff, everyone had open door policy
benefits
Cons
pay compared to living cost
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Career recommendations for Patient Care Technician
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Patient Care Technician in US