Memorial Healthcare System
73Above average

Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews for Unit Secretary

Unit Secretary21 reviews
United States21 reviews
I really enjoyed my work as an unit coordinator. It was challenging and satisfying to me as a person. Working with people at their time of need came naturally to me. I would leave work with a feeling of accomplishment and would look forward to going to work.
Eight to twelve hour work shifts. fast paced, provides family center care, diverse culture. Great work environment, lots of opportunities for advancement from within
Competitive to get a job . Fast paced, benefits are good. Tuition reimbursement
Paid leave hours. People stays for a long time. Safe and clean. Just culture philosophy
I went to classes to get an education to be a unit secretary and did my clinicals here at Memorial. As I was doing my clinicals they offered me a job in ICU due to my good work ethics and knowledge. After I finished my classes and got my certificate I immediately stated working there. Management was great and fellow employees were also great. Job was very fast paced at times and I enjoyed it. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a part of the team with fellow employees.
Good working there But I had been in the same job and building for 40 years
. I did unit supplies. Staffing, coordination of floor operations, scheduled patients for testing lab's operations xray and prep for ordered procedures. Take and route phone calls, and messages. I handle visitors for and family members , delivery, and communicate between departments, security and room assignments and also did one to one observation for special needs and Baker act individuals .
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Memorial health care looks good on paper but not the best place to work. No type of structure, no type of advancement growth, administration treats staff poorly.
Productive and fun working atmosphere. Delivering patient-and family-centered care in a way that far exceeds any expectations of quality, service and safety.
Only reason I left was due to the 12 hours night shift. It became unhealthy for me to work 12 hours night shift.......................................
This was quite a different experience, due to the fact that I was in different setting and a different town. I learned quite a bit because there work environment was quite different. So I liked it quite a lot.
Pros
lovely
Cons
Everyday is a great day. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and courteous. An exceptional place to learn, and gain much experience from the work itself and the staff.
working at memorial regional hospital as a unit secretary reminds me everyday of why I like the healthcare field. I love helping others in need, I love being that extra push to others and showing others that I can support you in whatever the situation may be.
Pros
everyone is friendly and shows great customer service
I love this system great please to work ...great benefit and room for growth and opportunity. Everyone is so nice and helpful
Verify insurance authorization and call all panelist for admission. Medical terminology Bilingual. CD10,Epic Systems
Break down charts discharge patients from system.

Excellence Customer Service

Trauma 2 ER with Cardiac Cath, On DECON team
Pros
great learning
Cons
no place to grow
Working at Joe DiMaggio has been a great experience. Everyone I've encountered has been very pleasant and a joy to be around daily. This is a company that only hire team players. I enjoy coming to work each and every day to be a part of this team.
Pros
You can tell your opinions matter, friendly and helpful co-workers
Cons
Its always sad to witness a long term patient expire.
Excellent hospital to work for.Great benefits. Very professional place to work for and great place to grow professionally.
Staff are fabulous. Endless opportunities to excel within the system professionally. Strong support of education in staff and their families. Benefits are great.
Pros
Tremendous teamwork
Cons
Open year round
Strong team work atmosphere. Caring managers. Promotes continuing education. Hardest part of my job is watching family members having to say good bye to their dying love ones. The best part of my job is to see a patient whom everyone thought they would not survive make a complete recovery
A typical day at this job would include sucking up to the favorites in the workplace and lots of pretending. This is a place where you are not entitled to have an opinion and your told often to be happy that you have a job. Management consists of a close knit friends and family unit, with a strong hispanic base. The hardest part of working here was trying to deal with unfair management practices and the politics. The most enjoyable part was helping the patients to the best of my ability and providing comfort to visiting family and friends.
Pros
The ability to work overtime at any of its facilities.
Cons
If you smoke you can take as much breaks as you like especially if you are a nurse.
Worked in system for 3 years. Enjoyed working for Joe Di' Maggio. Staff is excellent, willing to teach things for advancement. Management was not so great but staff is excellent to work with. Made the position little easier though the patients conditions was saddening.
Pros
Great staff, great pay rate, advancement opportunities, will pay for education
Cons
Management could be more understanding, when it comes to employees medical conditions. Through 3 experiences with myself, fam and co worker, manager show no care for employee health conditions, though it is a hospital system, Ironic.
Joe DiMaggio Children Hospital is wonderful company to work for.
Overall it is a good company to work for. They triage patients in a timely manner, treat them, discharge and admit if need be, so the patient and families don't wait for long periods of time.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Career recommendations for Unit Secretary
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more