Memorial Healthcare System
73Above average

Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews for Volunteer

Volunteer16 reviews
United States16 reviews
Its a great place to volunteer. This program will teach you a lot about compassion. Great place to work in the future. I strongly recommend to do your volunteering here
From the time i worked there i enjoyed being there and helping. i would definitely consider working there again when i get the chance. the work i did there was only volunteer.
Pros
free food voucher
Cons
Short breaks
A typical day included interacting with patients and catering to patients needs. I learned a lot about medicine while working there. Management was great and very flexible with us. Hardest part was seeing parents with sick kids anxious to see whether or not their kid would improve or digress. Most enjoyable part was working with the kids hand on and interacting with them.
Providing information to visitors giving direction. Talk to people approach them the best way possible, also I had to guide many other people at the workplace/volunteers telling them what to do in the best way possible for the job to be completed at their best.
Great place to work. Super friendly and caring staff. They are a loving team that truly cares about patients. Beautiful work happens in those buildings.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
great hospital. helps you to gain experience career wise for the future. they helped me to get recommendation letters for school. they work with your scheduled
It's nice to see the faces of the patients when they attend the events you helped create. You get to see the fun they have away from their hospital room.
I did over 200 community service hours here and recieved a silver chord upon graduating because of it. Doing my community service hours there made me wanna be an actual employee there.
Pros
Work experience obtained
Cons
No Cons
Assisted nursing staff and doctors in pediatric emergency care by providing basic patient care, such as taking vital signs and providing optimal patient service
Interacted with patients and assisted them with any request they might have and created a comfortable environment
great experience and supportive staff.
a good place to work great location.

Night shift is hard work but there is plenty of staff. Security is important, especially in the mother baby areas.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Memorial Healthcare System?
Each days varies from a frenzy of people scrambling to fill out their orders to a simple quiet day. There are 3 kinds of people: those who go about their business, those who are friendly, and those who will take advantage of your services.

I worked in the Volunteer section of the hospital and as such most of the jobs you can do are effortless. However, I did work in the In-Patient Pharmacy and that was hard work. It took a few months until I memorized where all the injections, pills, IVs, and others where located. If you want a simple job to fill out community hours I'd recommend the front desk or the gift store. Of course, there are many other jobs that you can do that will give you a sense of helping others.

The only problem I have is the head of the volunteer department. If you can tolerate them, then you'll be fine.
Pros
Free/discounted lunches
Cons
If you are too good at your job others may take advantage of you.
Receive all incoming calls for organization. Coordinate and fill prescription for existing and new patient. Implement electronic tracking system for each patient.
Pros
Great hours, Nice boss
Every day was a new experience, interacting with different guests and patients was not only enjoyable but eventful. There would be guests coming in all at the same time or slowly on weekends and when our supervisor was out for lunch I would have to take over. I would handle the Spanish speaking guests via phone or the ones that came up to the counter and would send out other volunteers to do discharges or deliveries. The volunteers that I worked with were very amicable and did what they needed to. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help guests or patients as much as I would like (since I was after all a volunteer). I enjoyed helping with whatever I could whether it was a discharge, delivery (gifts), or with helping guests find their way around the hospital.
Pros
One free meal ticket (per four hours)
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Great hospital with a lot of friendly staff which cares truly about its patients.I have always enjoyed volunteering there which has gave me great hands on experience in hospitals and creating good communicating skills
Pros
free lunches for employees and staff
Cons
short breaks for employees though
Even though I was only volunteering I was treated like an employee. I was respected, and I learned a great deal from all the employees there.
At this hospital is where I initially found my love for medicine. Volunteering here allowed me to work alongside physicians and gave me a hands on experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Career recommendations for Volunteer
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more