Memorial Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great community hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIMarch 22, 2018
Great community hospital with friendly staff and patients. They're always finding ways to improve for their staff and patients. I would love to return someday if the right opportunity arises.
Good place for a pharmacy technician
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIDecember 17, 2017
Good pay and benefits.
I liked my coworkers but was going to school for a new career. Would recommend to a friend looking for a job for a inpatient hospital setting.
I've never been so miserable
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIDecember 2, 2017
Employee of five years. Cutbacks and bad management have created the worst work environment. Turnover rate is remarkably high. This company doesn't care about its employees.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
Overworked, management is a good ole boys club
Memorial Healthcare
Communications / Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIOctober 29, 2017
I loved working at our local community hospital. Friendly, inviting and striving to be the best! I enjoyed my time here and getting to know the members of the community better.
After a coma, I am ready to work again!
Emergency Medical Technician-I (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 13, 2017
Memorial was an excellent place to work, as I worked 80 to 120 hours a week, because I loved my job! Unfortunately, my job required me to take a flu vaccination, and it happened to put me in a coma, on life support, and now disabled in a wheelchair. I have recovered tremendously well compared to what doctors anticipated. I am ready to get back in the working field!
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Mandatory vaccines
Super slow and boring!!
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIAugust 25, 2017
For one this Hospital is super slow and uses horribly old equipment. Some PCTs thought they knew everything medical and reality they didn't know much. They have a reputation of being a joke of a hospital in the medical community and they will even tell you that in your orientation! Some of the ER docs are horrible and have horrible bedside manners! This place i would recommend starting here if your a new nurse or a new pct.
Pros
Free pop
Cons
You see the same people as patients
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIAugust 21, 2017
Too many supervisors assigned to one Department, and they constantly contradicted what the previous one told employees. Served hospital patients their meals so staff had the opportunity to interact with all different ages. Employees were expected to complete more in one shift than time would allow. Supervisors were very quick to give out write ups for not having our expected work completed.
Pros
Free Food and Drinks
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIAugust 1, 2017
3 12 hours shifts are perfect. Did not like 3rd shift. Hard to move up or to other places in the Hospital until you have a year in. Good management team
Multy tasking
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 30, 2017
My job consist of dealing with project and calling several insurances and patient as well in put patient information in to the system and at times doing appeals letters, and speaking to the physician offices.
Intimidation and fear are the norm.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIMay 27, 2017
It used to be a decent place to work 15yrs ago. Now back stabbing, intimidation and fear of reprisal are the working tools of management. Open door policy? Non existent. Unexplained elimination of positions and re-assignment without care or discussion of your options is the Memorial way. Age and experience is not valued only seen as a liability. HR support is a joke. In fact you are told to "just shut up, do the job in front of you or get out". Just don't waste your time and energy.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Attentive, and extremely friendly staff
Internship (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIMay 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference. The staff makes this even more enjoyable and easy, day by day. The hardest part of working is understanding that there is sadly a business behind all hospitals and some people tend to forget that the most important aspect of the job, is and always will be the patient.
striving to achieve big hospital services and small-town familiarity
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIApril 8, 2017
Over the past 12+ years of working there, I've seen positive changes in morale and employee pride, as well as quality of care. This is an independent community hospital that wants the best of both worlds--big hospital quality and services, and small-town familiarity--and is achieving it in greater and greater measure.
Employees are friendly to each other and to consumers, and take pride in relationships with patients and families. Management is friendly and approachable.
The hardest part of the job is that it's healthcare--and of course comes with all the struggles common to every healthcare facility: staffing, budget, insurance issues, etc.
The best part of the job is the people. Most everyone really cares about their job, their patients, and the hospital in general.
Like any place, it's not perfect. But it's pretty darn good!
Pros
Friendly work environment, approachable management
Cons
Continuing to fight ancient negative community perceptions--gets discouraging at times
Horrible Administration with even worse management
hospital (Former Employee) –  Owosso, Mi.February 22, 2017
Stay away from this place. It is run by administration and management through fear and intimidation. the only reason management works here is because they couldn't hold a job at a large professional hospital. Corruption by administration and management run rampant. It's like being run by the KGB or the Gestapo! Run through fear of losing your job through termination.
Pros
Cons
Corrupt and abusive management and administration.
Ccu
Travel Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Friendly welcoming staff. Cafeteria has decent food. Hospital is community owned. Very small city so you run into people from the community which is sort of nice.
Pros
Quaint community owned hospital in historic Owosso MI
Cons
CCU management former tele nurses
Hard worker, Independable, Punctual, Professional
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 12, 2016
At work I am responsible for coding surgeries, critical care & EM's. I have learned a lot about coding, medical terminology and CMS guidelines. My direct manager is very reliable and has taught me how to meet deadlines that I would never though they were possible to complete. My co-workers are great and we get along as a team working together to complete assigned tasks. Overall, it's a great company to work for & a pleasant environment.
Pros
1 hour lunch, activities
Cons
micro management
Review
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NEJanuary 27, 2016
I loved this job and all that it entailed I loved my residents. My management staff was awesome. We had a good team. It was fast paced,detailed and important to people! I enjoyed it all!
management is very poor at this hospital
Registered Nurse/Surgery (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIDecember 29, 2015
This hospital was once a great place to work, but recent administration and board changes has had a negative affect on this hospital. The administration and board members are not listening to the staff or working with them for a positive output. The president and vice-president of the future progress of the hospital have no medical experience either does the CEO. So they are not moving the hospital forward.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
poor benefits and poor management
A great place to work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 6, 2015
I always like to improve my job by using the tools I have, and love to share with others, all my work experience, to achieve companies goals.
Pros
My job gets down effeciently.
Cons
Not having physical movement.
Great hometown hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIAugust 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction between my co-workers and my patients.
The hardest part of my job was the difficulties between multiple layers of management.
Pros
The challenges I faced each day.
Cons
Difficulties resulting from layers of management
Good Employer
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIJuly 23, 2015
Memorial Healthcare has great people and can be a great place to work. I enjoy all my coworkers. They pay well and the benefits are adequate. The patient care is excellent and the clinical staff is very good. I would recommend to everyone I know.