Memorial Hermann Employee Reviews

Friendly Staff
ECG Technician Student (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 17, 2018
The people who work there are very friendly and nice, its a drama free environment. They also have good security and have good services. In all, its a nice working environment.
Fun place to work. Fast paced. They really care about their staff and patients
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 16, 2018
I enjoy working with the patients, medical staff and other employees. I would love to continue working there, but need full-time position. I am looking forward to learning more and working more hours.
Pros
Great place to learn and work
Cons
Really would enjoy a full time position and not have to work 60 hours a week and 2 jobs
volunteer
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 16, 2018
As a junior volunteer you get some insight about different fields of the medical field but its a great way to get your foot in the door. I would've continued as a college volunteer if i hadn't moved.
It was a great place to work
Team Lead Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Memorial Hermann, The staff was great as was management. Advancement opportunity, great benefits, everyone worked as a team. Management was available to assist but did not micromanage.
job changed so much it became stressful due to that
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
helping patients felt good but not the most positive work environment, management could have been more supportive and less negative, mirco managing was alot to deal with
Pros
helping patients
Cons
lack of positive atmosphere
Culturally deversified a company that welcomes all regardless of nationality
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Working here was pleasant and fast paced which helped make time go faster. Management was great and listened when employees spoke. I learned a lot from my job here.
If you know someone you, stay
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, txOctober 12, 2018
Memorial Hermann is all about who you know and if you fit their image. It is not the place for those individuals who want to continue enjoying their career choice.
Best Job I Have Ever Had
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
Memorial Hermann Orthopedic and Spine Hospital was the best working experience of my career. Excellent teamwork, great benefits, 401K matching up to 6%. Never denied a PTO request in 8 years.
its family, not staff.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
I worked for the hospital for almost 10 years. I was very comfortable with the environment and felt like my voice counted. my manager was very approachable and cared for my needs.
Good teemwork.
LVN II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
Pleasure working with great people. Truly was like a family with all persons contributing. Doctors were very much part of the team and strived to help all succeed.
reyherHFrh
aweful (Former Employee) –  efOctober 9, 2018
Sugarland PACU work is like slaves. Manager, Director and other director are not doing what they meant for. Their work is to give write ups for each meanial problem like sneezing, coughing and asking for lunch time so on. Be watchful this unit, until the manager gets out;;;;
Pros
aweful
Cons
aweful
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work. I enjoyed being apart of a team. The only thing I wish that they would do differently is give more opportunities for people who don't have their bachelor's degree yet.
Resource Education Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2018
Wonderful facility to work for. Very busy level One Trauma Center. Make a difference and save a lot of lives. The working environment and equipment is outstanding.
Pros
good place to work
great support
Medical Assistant - OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXOctober 6, 2018
had a great support team, very understanding and supportive, able to continue education, doctors love to teach, no matter what your title was, loved my work
Love the culture here
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 3, 2018
Everyone I worked with was kind and appreciative. The type of company to actually follow it's mission statement. Management really did their jobs. Patients however were difficult, work-life balance is hard.
Great teamwork
Travel RN Telemetry/Stepdown Unit (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
The staff worked together to meet the goals of providing excellent care to patients. Leadership was always available to staff. Plans in place to protect staff when unsafe patient situations occurred.
Pros
positive administrative support
Good workplace
Extern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I was an extern and learned so much. I had great Preceptor and coworkers. Mostly, I prepared the patients for the Ultrasound examination and performed portable examinations at the bedside in variety of departments, ER, L&D, ICU and CVICU.
Cons
Short breaks
It was ok
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Typical med/surg floor. They had trouble keeping a manager though. They care a lot about patient experience scores rather than the actual patient care
Great environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I loved working at Memorial Hermann because I was allowed to have ownership of my work. Which means that with any given project; I was given free reign on how to complete each activity. Management was extremely supportive.
Typical Hospital setting.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  TMCSeptember 26, 2018
Typical Hospital setting. Increasing patient loads and quick paced. Good culture for the most part and pay scales are OK. Odd mix of antiquated equipment.
Pros
Culture in individual units
Cons
Resources for job function

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hermann. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight