Memorial Hermann

United States2,512 reviews
Found 2,512 reviews matching the search
Great Experience
Great Experience
I learned how to file documents and front dest work

The management was excellent

workplace culture was excellent

The job wasn't difficult

I enjoyed interacting with the workers
Good company
Sometimes the work is overbearing, and there is not enough time in the day. However, taking care of the patients makes the experience worthwhile. I've enjoyed the experience.
good skill and well paid
Good worker's and well team leader
Great supervisors well care nurse and best working environment. Benefits are best compared to other companies don't wait.
Avoid Memorial Hermann
Terrible company, they will suck your blood out, horrible pay, no recognition for your efforts, lazy managers, high nurse:patients ratio, just a nightmare
You can’t keep good staff if they feel over worked and underpaid!
My worst job experience ever! Staff is grossly underpaid and seriously overworked! On most shifts we would be under staffed and when so so things would fall thru the cracks because there is not enough hands to go around. I worked in radiology and I was miserable most nights.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great
Awesome place to work with you sooo handsome and I know you’re busy today and you sooo handsome I wanna was a really nice night and you were so much fun I wanna
Awesome job
The work schedule is what they say. They are involved in the employees. Very caring company. Good pay. Management helps out when needed. Very culture enviroment.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Great organization
Overall a great work environment and a culture of teamwork and respect. Very competitive pay and benefits except for spotty prescription coverage. The vacation policy for my department is very limiting and strict. Getting two weeks off to travel can be difficult. There are so many great opportunities for transfer across the healthcare organization as well as employee sharing amongst facilities.
Family Friendly
I am a single parent and flexibility is a must. I have managers who are communicative and supportive when needed. If I need to take a few hours off to attend a school function or a doctors appointment I never feel as if my job is in jeopardy. I feel valued as an employee, and parent.
Good benefits
Memorial Hermann is a good company to work for. The company has provided Good training, good teamwork, good location, good environment, rewarding career
Fair working condition but often biased management
This was the Rapid Response lab and was work was very brisk. I found my coworkers to be helpful and pleasant except for the lead Chemistry tech, Emily, who has since left.(circa 2015). She was instrumental in having people fired if they did not "line up with her agenda". The lab manager at the time, Sonia Cuevas, was also very hostile toward me. I feel for personal reasons. She has since left, (circa 2013) I reported several incidents to HR ,who tend to be biased toward the organization and not helpful. Do not consider them advocates for employees.
The pay and benefits were on par. Overall, I found that employees in general were not happy there and people worked under fear.
Poor communication and direction
Expect a lot of work, the pay isn't there, poor communication and direction. Favorable to certain employees. The rewards are the appropriations of the staff members.
I work as a contract security officer with Memorial Herman security xepartment.
Terrible place to work as a contract security officer with theirs. Rude,disrespectful, unorganized Security Managers and Officers there. No workmanship with GuardaWorld security officers
Sr. Office Assistant
My experience at Memorial Hermann Southeast is a positive one. My department worked great together uplfiting one another. The best is that we always worked as an team.
Overal rating is just 2 out of 5
Memorial Hermann don't care about staff welfare, they only care about profit and acquiring more properties for hospital building that is eventually empty and under-utilized.
Good company to work for
You're always learning something here and there is always room to grow. I only did clinical rotations but with in that time I felt like my skill was growing
Productive working environment
The staff was really friendly. However, it was also a very stressful environment to be in all the time. Often times things would be disorganized, and sometimes staff would be to busy to help.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
N/a
Very productive and fun working place to work at.
Memorial Hermann systems is a nice place to go there and get what you need, both mentally and educationally. I think the do a great job as a system...
New grad Burn nurse
First job and only last about 5 months. Turnover rate super high for good reason. It was a nurse eat their young culture, fear culture , and constant every man for themselves. I was anxious going into work every day. My preceptor was barely experienced only a year. It showed and was super unsafe practices. The pay was great for a new grad. Everything else was horrible. Great residency program though. Was suppose to be ICU but it was ICU, Med surg, and IMU . High nurse to patient ratios super unsafe.
Difficult for advancements
I would recommend MH if you are a nurse. If not, seek employment elsewhere for advancements. Very difficult to move up in the organization unless you are in a clinical position.
Love my job
Love working with great people and company. Hours are good. Management is supportive and available most of the time. Pay is good. Fellow coworkers are great!
Pros
Great support
Cons
Work weekends
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hermann. Our community is ready to answer.
1K
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.