Memorial Hermann Employee Reviews

Poor management. Rude atmosphere
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Management not caring in our department. Poor communication. Staff exhausted and rude to each other. Management and director saw no need to help or improve. Not welcoming at all.
Pros
Competitive wages.
Cons
Management. Insurance restrictions
Lack of staffing
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Over the last few years, there has been a lack of staffing even though the hospital has expanded and the census has increased. As a PRN or supplemental employee, you are not guaranteed a yearly salary increase despite inflation.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
stressful
Ambulatory Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Been there for 10 years. Enjoyed my coworkers. Management was poor and unstable. Too many inexperienced managers, that didn't know the employees job duties.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no security
I enjoyed working for 11 years at Memorial Hermann System
Day Surgery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Katy, TX 77450January 17, 2018
It's an environment that team work is emphasized and has good benefits for the full time employees. The care at Memorial Hermann was always patient centered.
Great hospital to work and learn from the best!
o Supplemental Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Experience has no limit when working at TMC Hermann. Wonderful place to work and to learn. There are endless opportunities to truly perfect your skill in whatever field you work in!
Great Culture
Receptionist/Public Relations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoy working at Memorial Hermann. The workplace culture is wonderful, I meet so many different people here and I enjoy learning all I can. The most enjoyable part about my job is providing the best care and service I can while upholding the mission of the system.
Memorial Hermann
Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
The job title was a phlebotomist. Collection of specimens and drawing blood and all other laboratory needs required to perform.

I worked parttime and sometimes after depending on the census. The environment was pleasant and the staff was cooperative and professional.
Flexible schedules
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Great flexible schedules and great personnel to work with.
The hardest part of the job was working 12 hours straight for 3 days in a row and sometimes 4 days in a row.
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  houstn, txJanuary 15, 2018
A Very good place to work
very good compensation and benefits. Job security and very good upper management communication. The job culture at Memorial Hermann is very good. The overall rating is also very good
Learning experience
Secretary III, Ambulatory Care Administration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2018
I learned a lot while working at Memorial Hermann. The hardest part of the job was dealing with so many different management styles. I learned different software packages.
Pros
training classes
Cons
You still had to attend work during inclement weather.
stressful at times
Registered Nurse Emergency Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2018
lack of raises, start you out with a great salary but no raises in 2 yrs. management started out good but then new management was not good. Place is very clique like.
Great organization
Lead Senior Accountant, Ambulatory Division (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Memorial Hermann is a great organization. It is a place where an employee can come in and hit the ground running and learn a great deal. Unfortunately, it's a huge organization and career development and advancement is slim to none.
Pros
Great benefits, lots to learn about healthcare industry
Cons
No career development or advancement if you are not already a manager Short breaks, healthcare, etc.
Great company
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT AND UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 11, 2018
My part time position allowed me to pursue my education. This hospital really takes great care of its employees. My only regret was not securing a full-time position
Company
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 10, 2018
IMU has one of the best managers hands down. The problem lies with employees that feel they are better than those who work under them. The hours are not really family friendly either.
Productive and friendly place to work.
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030January 10, 2018
Memorial Hermann at TMC is a friendly place to work, Its fast paced and the campus is huge! But ask anyone working there for help and you will get it because everyone cares.
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2018
One of the most important things that I have learned is that change is inevitable and if you give it a little time things will turn around. Working with the different staff members.
Executive Leadership clueless about front line staff
nurs (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXJanuary 10, 2018
The executive nurse wanted to squeeze blood from a turnip. Constantly short staffed. Managers pulled into floor nursing on a regular basis at all hours of the day or night. Poor work life balance. The CNO had no life except the hospital. She would be there early and stay late everyday and expect others to do the same. I understand working late or early sometimes but not every day with no end in sight. I missed so many important family events because of this.
Pros
pay
Cons
Leadership
My Review
Medical Assistant- Southeast (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
This was only a temporary job. I learned alot in just one day. Great to work for. My manager was really nice. She taught me alot. The Doctor was really nice.
One of the best healthcare companies in Houston
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Different campuses of MH may offer a different work experience based on leaders, etc., but overall MH is a great healthcare system that you can be proud to work for.
Terrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2018
The culture there was a very cold, divided one. The managers there were very guarded and rude. There was not a good overall experience for patients either.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hermann. Our community is ready to answer.