Memorial Hermann Employee Reviews

Found 2,008 reviews matching the search See all 2,013 reviews
Excellent Health System
ACS NSQIP Certified Clinical Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Memorial Hermann is an excellent Health System that provides high quality patient care, with Pros and Cons as with most facilities/businesses. Biggest factor in leaving was the centralization of the department creating an extremely long commute each day. Facility/Health System as a whole is Great.
Pros
Reputable organization with high standards of patient care.
Cons
Cliquish Department, basis of departmental decisions.
Just okay
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Not a bad place to work. Feel at times work life balance can be better. We get called to come in on our days off a lot. Pay is on the higher side, just need to weigh the pros and cons.
Fun job. Excellent patient interaction
Research Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Job allowed excellent patient interaction. It was an internship year for me. Allowed to shadow doctors if you wanted. Best place to work if you like to enter medical field and make it a long term career choice.
Productive and smooth work place.
Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Working for the EVS department can be tough because our director doesn't really care about his people. If you treat your people good than your people will treat you good moving forward. The pay is OKAY but could be better.
great place to learn
Medical Pre-Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
I did my clinical rotations at various Memorial Hermann Hospitals. The staff was always welcoming and willing to teach the medical students about how the hospital runs and their protocols.
i was a volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 14, 2019
As a volunteer I cannot give much input on employment, but I can say that I enjoyed everyone that worked there, and they had a great work culture there.
Don’t work for Orthopedic and Spine facility
Materials Attendant III (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXJanuary 14, 2019
I’m not putting down all of Memorial Hermann but Memorial Hermann Orthopedic and Spine Hospital was just the worst. The Manager over materials management has absolutely no experience and is threatened by anyone with experience. His number two which is the lead tech has no idea how to do her job but together they have the main say whether you stay or to get rid of you. Applier be ware if you are a yes person and doesn’t mind being put down then this job is perfect for you but if you have any kind of experience and have a mind of your own don’t apply for this location
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
Management and fellow colleagues
My first job as Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Hermann was my first job, I have learned a lot but since this is a community hospital and I was looking for more experience and learn more about respiratory career.
Very fast pace office.
Patient Account Representative (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Working at Memorial Hermann in the department I was working in was a very very fast pace office you had to work in. But it still was a good place to work and it made the day go by fast.
Fun place to work
Patient Care Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Very good and professional nurses and techs low on patient census which causes large cancellations with employees which in turn may need to have a second job
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Large turnover
Great Hosptial
Patient Access Representative II/ Scheduling & ER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Great Hospital to work for, management is awesome and there are a lot of opportunities to grow within the system. They also offer great benefits and time off.
Challenging work environment
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Employees are asked to do and take on a lot of task that may make work life and home life overwhelming and stressful. Can be difficult to balance it all.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Observer/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Memorial Hermann has to be the best place i've ever worked for. On a scale of 1-100 I would give them a 500. The only down fall about the job is dealing with some of the patients , some days you never know what you're going to get but other than that everything is fine.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
terrible patient to nurse ratios
Registered Nurse - NICU IV (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
bad management, no work life balance, didn't care about their employees, bad patient to nurse ratios, not great benefits, limited providers, they did not appreciate us
Pros
all the overtime you want
Cons
hated going to work, worried about my license
Difficult place to do a good job
Radiology Technologist and PAR (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Memorial Hermann, specifically the medical group, is disorganized at best. Employees are often forgotten or overlooked, employees are never consulted regarding big changes to their day-to-day. Memorial Hermann only looks out for their upper administrators and for their money. Patient care and staff satisfaction is allowed to suffer, so long as Memorial Hermann "looks good" on the outside. The entire chain of commend is reactive instead of proactive. They constantly implement ineffective or inhibiting changes to lower level staff that effect work flows and patient care.
Pros
many locations
Cons
everything.
Strong hospital system, great people
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2019
MH is a strong company. It was a stressful place to work- Speaking of outpatient side. Some leaders give a great deal of autonomy with not as much direction while others are really strong and engaged- depends on where you work.
Pros
great teams, training for managers, front line staff
Cons
consistency with communication and goal settings
The most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Office Assistant/Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 1, 2019
From the Director of our department to the cleaning lady, they were all a joy to work with. I'd say my fellow co workers were the enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short staffed at times
Partiality and Bias
Chair (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXDecember 31, 2018
There is major lack of impartiality. The ability to grow and excel is slim to none. It is not what you know; it is who you know. The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to work with the patients and have great outcomes.
Doesn't live up to expectation or reputation
Clinical Information Analyst- RN (Current Employee) –  memorial cityDecember 28, 2018
I've work at Memorial Hermann for 3 years now. In the begging I was very excited, felt very secure, and learned a lot; I also thought there would be opportunity for advancement.

From the begging the cultural issues were evident not only on my team but throughout information systems. To be fair and fully transparent, I think that people who work on the clinical side are much more satisfied.

After about a year the company started having financial struggles which created a lot of unease and decreased moral due to lay offs.

There is a significant blame culture, and when something doesn't go as planned people are more concerned with placing blame than trying to find solutions; in turn this creates an environment where people are fearful to do their jobs or try anything new and innovative.

Management is not competent and growth prospects are limited by corporate politics.

They do have decent benefits, not great, but average for medical field. The pay is fair.
Teamwork!!!! They are the best
ER TECHNICIAN CCC (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 28, 2018
Very outgoing, smart group of individuals. Great teamwork and wonderful team of doctors. The Supervisors and Management support and job right in to help their staff.
Pros
Doctors treat and all the time
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hermann. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Memorial Hermann.

Powered by Comparably