Memorial Hermann Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,801 reviews matching the search See all 1,806 reviews
Nope
Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 18, 2018
Hired for one job and they cross train you to do several jobs with no more pay. If you ask for a raise they will never even consider it. Always calling you at home because no one else does the job correctly. They say they care about their employees that is not true you are just a number to them. Benefits are no good and super expensive. They make you work through breaks, some days you don't even get a chance to go to the bathroom or have a drink of water. This system is all about the money. Management gives you all their work and they never leave the office to assist in ANYTHING. Workers calling in all the time or coming in late and no management seems to care. Just a horrible place to work for such low pay. They treat all the employees awful.
Pros
free parking
Cons
low pay, bad management, over worked, no breaks, cafe food expensive, and Employees are just a number
had several dept gatherings, just enjoying each others company.
Supply Chain Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77074July 18, 2018
you start early, interact with your team, check you emails, check you mail box, get started on your work. breaking down pallets, separating your work, loading supplies up to take to your assigned areas. doing the best possible job so that you can feel good leaving for the day, knowing you have supplied everything the nurses might need in order to take care of the patients.
Pros
seeing the staff everyday, i made them happy. they thought i was magical.
Cons
work loads got pretty heavy if someone called in.
Productive Place to work at.
Cardiology Dept- Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work at.
Typical day at work, morning started off very slow and picked up pace as the day went by.
Some of the coworkers were not team players.
Some coworkers did not have their job done on time, before patients came in.
Pros
Free Lunches. Time off when needed.
Cons
Not everyone was a great team player.
Memorial Hermann
Registered Nurse II Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Memorial Hermann. I have had the opportunity to work at multiple locations and I have found that the all encompass the general ideas of Hermann.
Great place to learn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2018
Working in ICU at MHTMC helped to develop my skills as an ICU and helped develop my critical thinking skill. I would recommend working here, especially if you are a new grad.
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Very hard work
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
The hospital system as a whole is a great place to work, however it's the department heads that make working for MHHS a miserable place. Other than that, they offer great benefits, PTO, 401K matches up for 6%.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No morale in departments
fast paced, friendly atmosphere
Release of Information Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Employees were always friendly and it was a faced paced work environment. When I started I was at the TMC location and was able to move to SE because it was closer to home. Management there was great because it was a smaller office.
Cons
Too far from home
Lead Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
I loved working here. I enjoyed talking to patients and helping them with their bills. I felt I had a bright future there but it did not last very long.
Sr. Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
This was a great place to work I learned a lot and I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of nice people to work with and for. There is a lot of room of advancement there.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
I had to relocate
Great place to start off as a new nurse!
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
I was blessed to have a manager that allowed me to continue learning and was willing to let me explore any area that I was interested in. I wanted to build on my skills and get comfortable in them which I was able to do.
Productive and great shadowing experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Interning at Memorial Hermann provided me with great experience that I can carry on forward to building my own career in the medical field. Would definitely recommend anyone who would like to experience a day in the life of a physician to definitely shadow at this hospital.
Productive. Good working environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 9, 2018
They follow their mission, and value. They have great culture. This company holds patient safety and patient satisfaction at high esteem. We work as a team.
IV Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2018
A little disappointing going to work in a hospital expecting your coworkers and management to be professional only to learn they thrive on petty drama
Pros
Cafeteria Lunch
Cons
Boss
Great culture
SURGICAL SERVICES OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR II (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 7, 2018
I love working for MH. It is a place that welcomes changes and makes you feel like you are family. It is refreshing to see the upper management involved in employee appreciation.
Money
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
A person should not have to work 2 jobs to make a living to me that is not fair or right. Cost of living is high and how can people enjoy coming to work knowing the money is not right. memorial was built on family needs and serves not greed from the top. If you didn't have the people to keep it clean and Materials management to deliver the supplies nurses could not take care of the people that comes in so when the next time bonuses come out start from the bottom up or hire man to be your right hand man..lol
Horrible
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
There is absolutely no room for advancement. They only promote those whom they like personally. They allow workers to violate other workers without consequence.
Average Medical Environment
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
Worked for Memorial Hermann TMC for 5 years. Loved the people there. Though the job had its stressful periods, it was indeed a great place to work. Lots of politics when it comes to upper management. Management became very poor and made the culture of the work place shift. The turnover became very high, which was a direct reflection of the poor management skills.
Pros
Health care benefits, 401k, PTO and paid sick leave
Cons
Depending on the department, management is very poor
Hard working employees
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
Steady work flow for pharmacist but some techs ran from simple assignments which interfered with the work flow. Management harassed hard workers with petty situations. The hardest part of my job was night shift, the reason I resigned
Pros
Loved the results of healing the ill
Cons
Management selection
The Best Part of the job
Hospitalist Coder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2018
I really enjoyed meeting new people, and having the flexible work hours. We also had a percentage off of our lunches in the cafeteria, and some days our lunches were 100% paid for by the company. The only thing I really disliked was having to park my car 2 miles down the street and catching the Metrorail or a shuttle bus to work. But that was okay, because Memorial Hermann paid for our parking and our transportation to work.
Sadly it ended June 2017 when our department was laid off and we had to find new jobs somewhere else.
Pros
Flexible schedule, competitive pay
Cons
Lay offs
The hospital celebrated Thursday and Christmas by serving their employees free meals.
Material Management Attendant I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
I liked the people I worked with. My manager was a fair person. Memorial Herman was an interesting hospital to work for. I got to experience some operative scenes of the patients. I was always concerned about the patients' well being.
Pros
In our meetings we were served lunch.
Cons
My shift ended kind of late.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hermann. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight