Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center Employee Reviews

Stay away
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Huntingburg, INJuly 22, 2019
Food service lies to you. They say you work every third weekend but that's only for people who are liked. You'll work seven straight days and every other weekend. They care if you're disabled (they perfer 100% abled bodied individuals) and look down on individuals with disabilities.
Ran ragged, management very poor.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INApril 2, 2019
Expected to forget your family life and dedicate yourself to MHHCC. Management was absolutely awful and had been caught talking about staff negatively if you weren't part of the "click." Consistently lied to by management about advancement.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
No lunches, horrible management
I love the mission of this hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INMarch 13, 2019
The hospital does great things! It’s absolutely wonderful for its patients. We strive to do the very best for our patients! It’s faith based and you are allowed to pray with your patients( which I love)!!!
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJanuary 2, 2019
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center is a wonderful place to work. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and hard working. I would highly recommend working at Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center!
Too much demand with little reward or compensation
Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Jasper, IN 47546July 23, 2018
I have a lot of responsibilities as the QA/LIS coordinator with very little time off the bench to accomplish these tasks. For the amount of responsibility and ability that I have, I do not feel like I am compensated financially or getting the opportunity to be promoted. I do feel like I am being taking advantage of and feel like I could use my skill set somewhere else and enjoy more job satisfaction and be rewarded financially as well. I do enjoy my co-workers and my immediate supervisor and director, they have given me as much opportunities as they can within their power.
Has its pros and cons
Memorial Hospital Employee (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJune 14, 2018
I enjoy my work and the people who work here. The buildings are nice, clean, and comfortable, and the people are generally friendly. Healthcare overall is under financial restraints, which is starting to affect people's hours, jobs, and benefits here.
Pros
you accrue vacation time, and my schedule has some flexibility.
Cons
I don't feel jobs are secure with financial cuts being made
ok place
Other (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INApril 26, 2018
Management is decent, decent raises, some coworkers are hard to work with, some people are snobbish. Terrible hours. Some shifts are understaffed. Pay wasn't great.
Lab assistant
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jasper, IN 47546February 18, 2018
Fast pace, stressful at times. Drawing blood and getting it to back to lab to be tested for doctors, so they can treat the patients. Enjoyed meeting a lot of people. The hardest part is needing to be in 2 places at the same time.
Overall is a very good place to work.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INDecember 24, 2017
Overall is a good place to work. There is collaboration for project work and preparation for regulatory visits. Patient safety is an important priority.
Pros
Some flexibility with work hours.
Cons
No negative information to share.
Job Review
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INNovember 15, 2017
Memorial Hospital is a great place to work. I work two 12 hour shifts per week due to school schedule and love my coworkers. I'm a rehabilitation nurse and learn new things everyday about the patients I take care of. The workplace culture is one of transparency, which I love. The hardest part of my job is to see patients who don't care to better their health situation. The most enjoyable part is to get patients back to status-quo so that they can go home independently again.
Pros
Excellent and knowledgeable staff
No support, very stressful
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJune 20, 2017
The mission is fantastic, and for the most part everyone lives it. However, once you are off the main campus, life is not good. To many chiefs, not enough workers.
Pros
Rewarding atmosphere
Cons
No lunches, no time to get work done. To many meetings.
Productive atmosphere
RECEPTIONIST/CLINICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INMay 17, 2017
Job security and you meet some nice people. You have the option to apply for several jobs on the website, but you are only allowed to apply for one job at a time which limits you on opportunities
Pros
You can meet some exciting people and make good friends
Cons
Poor management in departments, not flexible with schedules, penalized for needing off
Good Working Experience
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 24, 2017
This was a good working experience and I was able to learn a lot of valuable tools for future employment. Overall I would recommend place of employment to future people seeking a job opportunity.
Productive place of employment
Radiologic Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INNovember 19, 2015
I was able to cross train in another modality and also perform radiology as well. Most hospitals do not have that type of atmosphere.
High turnover, inexperienced management, must be faith based and money (not patient care) driven.
clinical (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INNovember 9, 2015
As above. Rigid and difficult personalities in management. Poor experience in management. High clinical staff turnover due to overall dissatisfaction. Mostly new, inexperienced employees. Very little time spent with patients.
Pros
Fair hours
Cons
Not a team effort
Great Place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 22, 2015
MHHCC is a great faith-based organization. MHHCC has strong community support, and is well situated for growth. Jasper has great school system, backed by the large German heritage.
Pros
Faith based hospital
Cons
No room for advancement
top-notch behavioral health unit that truly makes a difference in the community it serves
Charge nurse, geriatric psych nurse (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INSeptember 15, 2014
Very dedicated and compassionate staff and physicians. The knowledge I have obtained is invaluable. Management was very intuned to needs of nurses and patients.
typical day on the units varied due to different case loads. Very fast paced and organized. Good teamwork mentality. Hardest part of my job was being very patient with Alzheimer's patients, who have very repetitive questions/behaviors that could be detrimental to others. Safety of staff and other patients was a top priority, and our security team are unbeatable. The compassion shown was unbelievable. Loved this hospital. I hate to leave, but we are relocating.
Pros
great potential for new knowledge on daily basis; staff was incredible
Cons
could be scary and occasional physical assaults have occurred.
time employed up until discharge from position was enjoyed and planned on working until retirement
Registration Representative/ (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INApril 30, 2014
I worked the mid shift from 1300 to 2100 five days weekly until I requested a 32 hour work week. I believe I have great telephone skills and one on one personal communications. My supervisors were fair and concise in their evaluations. I hated asking patients for money but I loved working with patients and their families. I felt like a made a difference in peoples lives. I was discharged from my position because I refused to get a flu vaccination. I do not believe anyone should make me inject something into my body that I do not want.
very detail oriented and great work environment
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INMarch 10, 2014
I learn that everyone worked as a team, no complains, if I could, I sure would go back to work with this team.
It was continue communication with team players trying to follow one goal, patient's well being.
The hardest part of my job was leaving my job to come back to California.
The most enjoyable was having a place to pray, I enjoy going to the chapel before and after work.
Pros
a cafeteria where we could buy our lunches and also our own pharmacy; also they pay for my gym.
Cons
higher pay rate
Was just an ok place to work
CHAA-Certified Healthcare Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJuly 31, 2013
Department registered over 300 patients daily in the main registration and the ER
Always document for back up.
Co workers were not very helpful
Pros
Cafeteria was located in the basement
Cons
No breaks sometimes no lunch