Memorial Hospital of Martinsville and Henry County Employee Reviews

Company that provides incentives.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VADecember 2, 2017
This company provides many incentives in order for people to provide necessary staffing. They try to look out for the employees and customers best interests.
Flexible Schedule/Slow to adapt needed changes/No Communication
CPhT (Certified Pharmacy Technician) (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJuly 21, 2017
The position was enjoyable but the communication within the Pharmacy Department was off the page most of the time. While everyone worked as a team...it took awhile to get to that place.
My advice to the next pharmacy technician that is employed there is to make sure you are trained in every area and aspect of the position so that you can be the best that you can be!
If you are looking for a Pharmacy Technician position that credits being VA registered AND Nationally Certified (PTCB), it doesn't matter there because being Nationally Certified (PTCB) is not going to acquire you a higher pay rate.
Hopefully that will change in the future.
Pros
Flexible Schedule/Teamwork
Cons
Training/ Communication/Starting Pay/No Advancement
Loved the day to day experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAApril 5, 2017
Loved working with patients and the doctors. There were rough days,but the good outweighed the rough. I am a people person and I love to help people,so this job was perfect
Pros
helping people
Cons
none to mention
Staff that always worked together
RN Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJanuary 24, 2017
This was a great community hospital. The staff was caring and worked well together very much like a family. Patient care was their number one focus.
Different place than the reviews listed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Home CareJuly 19, 2016
A typical day in Home Care of Memorial Hospital is working with patient's who are mainly confined to their home, who need assistance of a skilled professional. The skill set learned while employed in Home Care is diverse and rewarding. Many clinicians have gone on to obtain various certifications. Management are supportive, encouraging, will see patients when the need arises and are part of this great team. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to the wonderful patients and then having to discharge them. At times, scheduling can become cumbersome as it is in all healthcare settings; however, the support of co-workers, office staff and management is what makes the difference. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have made a difference in someone's life! Healthcare is ever changing with rules and regulations from Medicare; however, the integrity of this agency is second to none and the goal daily is to provide excellent care. The reviews on this site are old and the management staff has changed in the last 18 months. I would encourage anyone who is interested in home health care to come to work here.
Pros
Supportive Work Environment, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
At times, Emr, scheduling
New management with Great employees and work environment
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  HomecareJuly 15, 2016
Home care is a challenging job in itself with its rules and regulations and Medicare guidelines. This job requires someone with a willingness to work. With that said, the employees currently at this company are the greatest to work with. You will not find better people to work for! The paperwork and charting requirements are tasking, but you have a more flexible schedule which works well for people with family's.
Pros
Good work environment, flexible scheduling
Cons
Paper work and charting, computer system
Positive Work Environment
Emergency Response Team Worker (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMarch 10, 2016
Part - time, hourly pay. Assessed patients for possible admission to inpatient mental health treatment. On-call work. Great co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers. Challenging work.
Cons
Long hours. Some nights and weekends.
Home Care
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMarch 17, 2015
This job took over my life. Office politics is horrible and supervisors twist your words to use against you. I was bullied by office staff and set up to fail. This job took over my life, It required 24/7 working and dedication. Alot of duplicate charting that they only look at on new staff while older staff does not document nearly as well as the new staff who is being watched.
Pros
Patient were wonderful
Cons
Paperwork overload, office staff is horrible.
Hospital Home Care management-no respect for employees, plays favorites
Clinical Admin. (Current Employee) –  Home CareJune 14, 2014
Job overload with unreasonable expectations; no resolve of employee concerns and conflicts-management doesn't want to hear it. Some Co-workers tattle-tale. Large turnover in employees.
Pros
Insurance benefits are fairly good if you use Memorial Hospital
Cons
No resolve of employee concerns about job overload, management states if your are unhappy you can resign
Enjoyed working for Martinsville Hospital
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 10, 2014
Great place to work and wonderful hours in the pharmacy. I learned lots about pharmacy and working as part of a team.
Memorial
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Customer ServiceFebruary 18, 2014
Working in Customer Service was very rewarding. I worked with a great team, and enjoyed the patient contact I had. It was very rewarding to be the first person the patient is greeted by, and I enjoyed being able to set a pleasurable tone for their visit.
Pros
Patient contact
Cons
rotating shifts
Exciting and informing place to work
ER/OP Registration Secretary/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJanuary 8, 2013
Loved my job. Enjoyed working with and helping patients and family. Staff was overall very pleasant to work with even in stressful situations.
Pros
the experience gained.
Cons
hours were sometimes hard trying to juggle with raising family.
Electical Maintenance
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAApril 22, 2012
Repairing and maintaining daily operations of hospital facilities. Boiler room, grounds keeping, housekeeping equipment, sterlization equipment for operating room. Wiring of Hyperbaric chamber and MRI machine.
Overloaded ed with management who is not defensive for workers
WORKED AS PEDS/MED SURG/OB/TELEMETRY/ED NURSE (Former Employee) –  MARTINSVILLE VIRGINIAJanuary 21, 2012
I stayed at memorial hospital of martinsville from 2004 to 2008, then left for a while to travel and make some extra money, when I returned, things has so drastically changed! I was always on the defensive defending myself and my coworkers that I attempted to approach upper management and noone would see me . So I gave them a notice.
Pros
good working camaradarie, good distance from home
Cons
pay was lowest here