Memorial Hospital of South Bend Employee Reviews

ancient history
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 10, 2018
I really liked working there but we moved. I was honored there and it was a great working there. They went out of their way to have an employee working at ease.
Excellent place to work
ECC Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Emergency RoomAugust 25, 2018
Memorial Hospital is a a very inspiring place, with patient focused and compassionate staff who impact the lives of many people who work there or just come as patients and guests.
Memorial Hospital is a synonym life and health. Everyone that works at MHSB does the best in providing the best attention, service and care experience to all people that comes for service or works there. There are only positive thoughts in my mind when it comes to speak about Memorial Hospital of South Bend.
Pros
Excellent professional and learning environment
Cons
no cons I can think of at this moment
Review Summary
Coordinator III in UM (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 23, 2018
Great place to work at if you are an RN or above. Hard to advance with out that title or above. Great hospital and the people are wonderful to work with.
Great place to work.
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE/FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for this company. The pay was great and benefits were great. You are given PTO to use for what you need. My manager was attentive and helped me when I needed it.
Very friendly and collaborative work environment
generalist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 2, 2018
The memorial hospital of South Bend Lab team is very reliable and responsible. They are very invested in making sure that the test results are accurate and that the turnaround time for each sample is met.
Great place to work with lots of teamwork! Would defiantly recommend it to a fellow nurse!
Registered Nurse Labor And Delivery (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 19, 2018
I loved working at memorial hospital. I let because I was on nights and could only work days PRN and I needed to be on days I had small children! Lots of teamwork and very well staffed
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Low pay at that time
a typical day is fast paced with many patient issues to be addressed
Oncology Social Worker (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 31, 2018
This is a good hospital that does want their employees to WANT to work there. But, it is a hospital and the pace is very hectic and stress filled for employees.

Management at times looks like they advance more for their time served than their skills but there are some good management people here. I always felt I could talk to any of them at any time.

The hardest part of the job is the pace and the energy you spend by the time you leave. Overall the culture of the place is positive.
Pros
a good medical system
Cons
busy, fast paced, poor work life balance
Really nice work environment
Director, Emergency Trauma Center (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 30, 2017
Loved working in the trauma center. Staff and Doctors nice and innovative, lots of educational opportunities. Was able to participate on committees and project teams. Really liked it there.
Pros
Work family and environment.
Cons
lack of religious freedom
great health care services
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 18, 2017
top 100 hospitals in the nation. Great health care provider with great benefits for employees. Doctors are very experienced and they take their work very seriously.
great benefits
Nutritional Services Representative (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 26, 2017
I love my job in general, however work environment is sometimes hostile and or can be unfair. I work 12 Hour days and that can be hard with a family at home.
Don't trust management
Administrative Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 12, 2017
Management will turn their backs on you in heartbeat if they feel their jobs are in jeopardy. I was there 14 years. After being asked to do some things against policy by new management and doing it because I felt they would have my back, when corporate found out, I was terminated, they threatened me and tried to take my unemployment benefits. Not worth the aggravation. So glad I am gone now.
Great
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 22, 2017
Good place to work at but sometimes work load is to much. Healthcare is hard and the balance can be tough. But if you love helping people this is the place to go
Laboratory - DON'T DO IT!
MLT Generalist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 14, 2017
The Laboratory is a mess. Huge turnover. Very toxic environment. The pay is insulting. A few people get away with everything....very unfair. Management is a joke. Terrible place to work. Benefits stink. Attendance policy ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
my job here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 6, 2017
Love my job here at Memorial my work family is the best. The employer treats us very fair I look forward to always work here
Pros
great job
Cons
parking no overtime low pay
Very professional
Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 24, 2016
Memorial Sleep Disorder Center is a great place to work. The technologist's that work there are all very experienced and all carry the BRPT certificate.
Used to be a great place to work
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Inpatient careJuly 18, 2016
When I first started at Memorial it was wonderful. I received a job advancement within my first year. Shortly thereafter Administration let my Director go, they merged management to two inpatient units and cut jobs. My coworkers were tightly knit and for the most part great to work with. Management was constantly changing. Benefits were not what you would expect working in healthcare. Management was not fair when it came to personal matters and the need for time off. If you weren't one of the fortunate few, your job could be in jeopardy. My advise, do you job and don't get too chummy with leadership or voice your opinions on policies or lack thereof.
Memorial went from a great place to work to a place where job security is a worry everyday.
Pros
Coworkers were like family
Cons
Benefits not good for working in healthcare, management plays favorites
Unfriendly to employees, that aren't directly needed, by them.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 24, 2016
I have been working at Memorial Hospital of South Bend, about 1 year now. The nurses, UA's, and doctors, only talk to each other. They will either look right past you, or down at the ground. Instead of saying hello to you. The younger female nurses, are way too friendly, with the male doctors. The older nurses, try to fit in with the younger nurses, instead of teaching them to be better people. The male nurses sit around, and talk very badly about patients. And make very racist comments, with the doctors. It's very disgusting behavior! I have never heard of a place, where employees are so cold toward other employees, based on job title. If I ever need a hospital, it won't be this one. I will gladly pay more, and go to St. Joe Hospital in Mishawaka.
Pros
Helping people, benefits
Cons
Not good people
How to make a difference in someones life.
Certified PCA-Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 28, 2015
I learned how to manage my time, work as part of team. I cared for patients and their families. I provided a safe and compassionate environment.
Took care of patients and checked their vital signs.
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 10, 2013
I gave bed baths, checked vital signs, gave accu-checks, as well as fed patients.
Pros
Working in a good and happy environment.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
a place where I could grow personally and professionally
Outpatient Clinician- Float for Surgical Svs (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 7, 2013
Nursing Manager was weak and did not support staff and empower them , no mutual respect