Memorial Hospital of Tampa Employee Reviews

productive environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Pleasant working environment that provided the opportunity for growth and self advance. They promote culture diversity which impacted patient care in a positive way
Small and fun workplace
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2018
The Hospital was bought by HCA at the time I was in the hospital for cancer. There was a diverse group of cultures, there was opportunities for continued education with reimbursement, and mornings are the hardest part of the day due to it being very fast paced.
Student
Radiology Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2017
They are learning how to teach students but most have very little experience themselves so teaching students isn't something they really know how to do themselves
Small hospital
Radiology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Great staff, some of the best I have ever worked with, they care about the patients and each other. However upper management was not responsive to concerns related to patient safety.
Pros
Salary, compensation
Cons
Poor management
memorial hosptial
Registered Nurse, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2017
very conveniently situated near downtown tampa, FL; they are very organized and pay pretty fair for nurses, and they try to balance nurse patients ratio.
Improving every day
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 15, 2017
Lots of changes going on when I was there, but getting better every day. Upper management has a ton of positive energy and is always willing to share it.
Nice place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2017
I started my nursing career at this facility in 1999 and ended up working for them a second time years later. I enjoyed working with the geriatric population. I was responsible for my own unit and i came to know my patients like the back of my hand. I worked with a great team of nurses and an awesome administrator.
A good little hospital until HCA took it over...
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2017
Patient care or more in the jargon of today "customer care" is lacking in too many ways to list. Break your leg in a car crash right in front of Memorial? We'll stabilize you and get you to Tampa General ASAP.

Have a stroke? We'll CT your head to make sure you're not having a a massive cerebral hemorrhage but that all important MRI will have to wait until tomorrow...or the next day, it depends as we're short on techs in all of diagnostic imaging right now and for the foreseeable future.
It just cuts too much into HCA profits to keep Memorial fully staffed.

Need a possibly life saving procedure at 6pm on a Sunday? Or on a weekday after 5:30pm? Sorry, we'll stabilize you and send you to Tampa General...our operating rooms are closed and the O.R. staff has gone home for the day and they don't take call.

Sadly, this is par for the course in non-profit but especially in for profit hospitals like HCA.

I wouldn't bring my own family here for treatment.

Doctors have to raise Cain to get simple everyday procedures done that get done 24/7 at other facilities because HCA simply won't fully staff 1st shift, let alone a 2nd or 3rd shift or create an on-call team to come in and do things.

Negotiate the best salary you can if you do decide to work here, they WILL low ball you and raises, needless to say, are few and far between.

Shift and weekend differential is sub-par. Management, like in most hospitals, is weak, inadequate and dishonest.

I will be leaving as soon as a good opportunity presents itself.

I would say great co-workers but many have left or been
  more... terminated because of HCA.

A good first job for a student, get your experience, then move on is my advice.
Pros
It's a smaller hospital, so the work pace is comfortable
Cons
No money reinvested in company, second rate equpment
Director Patient Experience (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2016
I like the team atmosphere and small hospital culture. The management team is supportive and there is a culture of putting patient care first and foremost
Memorial Hospital in Tampa is a great place to work.
nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaDecember 14, 2015
Memorial Hospital provides patient centered care with emphasis on employee engagement. I have been made welcome from the first interview, through orientation and every day at work.
Everyone is very helpful, kind and attentive to my needs. The hardest part is getting used to the systems but I feel confident asking for help.
Pros
The hospital provides great educational opportunities.
safety
Assist charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 21, 2015
Day to day activity of helping the charge nurse with medication pass and providing the patients with their needs.We acted mostly as the eyes for the doctors and nurses and made sure the patients were safe.
Ok place to work.
Charge/Staff Nurse, Adult Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2015
It has been a while since I worked there. While I was there the hospital had just been bought out and there were a lot of changes happening. Hopefully a lot has changed.
Shortage of employees
Patient Care Tech/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2015
Loved working at the hospital and helping the patients. Wish there was a better ratio of patient to nursing staff. They offered excellent training and work opportunity. Management had open door policy when it came to staff concerns.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
salary starts very low/ shortage of staff
Very good place to work, but I had conflicting schedules.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2015
I learned HIPPA Standards and how to use a color scanner. Retrieving, prepping, scanning and indexing electronic medical records. Answering mulit-line phones, insurance verification, release of information. I enjoyed all of my co-workers as well as management. The hardest part of my job was reviewing graphic color photos of injuries.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
I had a 45 minute drive to and from work.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
I was an Office coordinator at Memorial Hospital in Tampa Florida. I ran the front desk greeted patients and got them signed in for their procedures. Gave them and helped with filling out forms. The hardest part of the job when a patient came in for a procedure from their doctor and did not have a script to have the procedure done. The hospital policy was no script no procedure. Sometimes it was a challenge to get a script when called a doctors office to find out that are closed. I would always try to give the patient some comfort with an explication, and would try to reschedule their appointment and I would make sure that was I was able to get a script for the patient before returning. The best part of the job is making people happy. I always put myself in their shoes.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Memorial Hospital
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2015
Follow up to ensure authorizations are obtained timely
Referrals to SNF, ALF or HHC
Follow up with patients, family to ensure needs are met prior to discharge
Pros
Cons
Commute
Great Management
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2015
• Performed administrative and clerical tasks of compiling information and organizing files of correspondences for accuracy and efficiency.
• Standardized department electronic and paper filing system to increase efficiency.
• Managed reception area including, greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person request for information.
• Managed daily office operations and maintenance of equipment with recorded documentation.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Not enough hours for shift duration
Professional Invornment
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Small intimate hospital where staff are very diversed and friendly. Understaffing was a problem where long hours and no increase in pay were expected.
Great work environment
CSA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2014
Walking on the floor at Memorial Hospital was friendly and warm. Everyone had a smile and very pleasant.
working at memorial hospital
Psychiatry technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2014
i help patients/clients with ADLs.and make sure the patients are safe
Pros
positive working environment
Cons
low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hospital of Tampa. Our community is ready to answer.

Memorial Hospital of Tampa Reviews by Location