Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

lab tech
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 17, 2018
I was PRN staff my learning experience was good but no room for advancement. I enjoy patient contact with staying busy although team work wasn't the best in lab department I still maintained my ratings
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
poor management
Awesome place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Awesome place.
Memorial Hospital is a vital force in establishing and maintaining the well-being of residents in western Illinois and eastern Iowa. A beautiful history of quality, compassionate care which springs from hometown pride and a commitment to excellence.
not enough hours
CPHT (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 7, 2018
was told I would be full time lots of overtime only work two days a week 8 hours a day and it doesn't appear that they are going to give me the promised hours.
company review
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 7, 2018
nice people, central location, horrible food in the cafeteria. recently affiliated with BJC. notsure if that will be good or bad. hopefully it will not take away from memorial's core values.
pretty good place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2018
Give many many ways to further your career. They will teach you on the job, they offer classes and courses at the hospital and online to advance, and they help you get recertified cheaply. good benefits and incentives but not alot of room to grow unless you switch to a different job/career altogether. they did not promote from within often, many managers or supervisors were hired from outside.
Enjoyed my working there until it closed
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 28, 2018
This was a great hospital with great care given to the patients. It was a good place to start my nursing career on the medical unit there. It had many learning opportunities and helped me become the nurse I am today.
Positive experience
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLAugust 23, 2018
Given a great opportunity to learn in the hospital setting. Great exposure to different cases. Great team to work with. Excellent learning environment.
help increase my skills
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 22, 2018
working at the hospital helped me increase my phlebotomy skills. i was having a lot of medical problems and they worked with me. at the end i had no choice but to resign my position. i have since resolved my medical problems and would work there again if given the chance
Job Security
Business Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 21, 2018
They offer great training and fixed hours. You work with a large staff and encounter a wide variety of people. You learn alot about the medical field.
Its a good place to work great people a proactive environment .
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMAugust 20, 2018
I like my job but i feel like i could get be better i know there is more jobs out there for me. Memorial Hospital is a good job the hardest thing about my job is cleaning blood.
student/shadowing
Intern (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 20, 2018
i shadowed and did some candy stripper work here mostly while i was in college. this was volunteer position. did not learn much here. mostly helped out nursing staff.
Chester Memorial Hospital review
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chester, ILAugust 16, 2018
This is a very small hospital in Southern Illinois. The employees are very nice to work with. The doctors at this hospital are very friendly and easy to work with. The nurse manager is a night mare.She shows favoritism to certain staff. Everyone is not treated the same in this hospital.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
poor management, poor pay scale
N/a
Unit Assistant-Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 13, 2018
under staffed, requested for work responsibilities on days off, unsafe work environments due to lack of staff, emotionally and mentally taxing, lots of excess turnover.
Cons
NO lunches, or breaks
A fun place to work and gain knowledge
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAAugust 8, 2018
My job consisted of preparing meals, three times a day for patients and clients there. I had to help the cooks and keep kitchen clean. We all got along fairly well.I left because a found a higher paying job closer to home.
great place to start
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 6, 2018
Always willing to give new grads a chance. Decent training program. I felt it was a great place to start out fresh out of nursing school. You won't see many high acuity patients/traumas.
Nice place to work.
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 2, 2018
I met some very nice Nurses, Pc's, Doctors, Dietitians, Coworkers. Nice place to work. A very busy place to work at but try and be focus. Benefits are good and administration staff is great when you need their help. ER waiting time for me personally have been Good . Even though it gets busy at time they all work together to get Patients waiting time minimized as soon as possible. Dietary food is good, Cafeteria has offered so many different varieties of foods healthy food is the key. The Said bars, Fruit section snacks , the grill. You are away from home at Memorial Hospital.
Pros
No free lunches. Only Discounted
Cons
Breakis too short
Positive Culture
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 31, 2018
Team work was strong within the group. supported all departments & helped to direct clinical staff with problems or needs that arose on a daily basis. Senior leadership trusted & sought our feedback on issues, problems or changes.
Fun place to work at
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 30, 2018
Loved this job , had a good crew to work with . Delivered medical supplies all over the hospital where needed ! Husbands job transferred to another town , went to work at another hospital closer to my new home
A great expericne
Patient Cook, Late Night Cook (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 30, 2018
I've learn a lot working for Memorial hospital. When I worked in the kitcken and in sterile processing team work was the key to be successful preping for the next shift was very important because we have the patience well being in our hands. the most enjoyable part about working there is it's never retine, like you'll never do the same veryday
Pros
pot lucks, and secret santa
i enjoy my work place
Unit Secretary, patient care tech (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 26, 2018
I would like to continue working for memorial and the surrounding community. memorial is a very compassionate hospital and works hard to care for their patients health and safety.