Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Favorite job ever
EMERGENCY ROOM REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Memorial Hospital is a great place to work! Especially in the Emergency room! You work with all types o people and meet all walks of life. Unfortunately at the time they had no full time oportunities. I was PRN ( as needed )
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2019
Hospital fast paced liked my coworkers and my environment . Everyone worked together as a team. When one nurse couldn't start the IV the other Nurse started it for her I loved my job at the hospital .but then thy started phasing LPN's out and LPN stands for Low paid Nurse we can do basically every thing the RN can except hang blood or TPN and IV drug push everything else we can do
Pros
Peoductive
Great learning experience
PACU staff (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Great co-workers, always glad to assist in any way I could to help them. Management / Supervisor were complacent in their duties to be fair and balanced regarding Department Staff. Some had to do more than others, while the others lack of interest and laziness in the job were over looked. Management would look the other way and over extend themselves toward the slacker's in fear of being labeled or reported for unfair work ethics.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
unfair work ethics
Worked for this company for about 25 years -high standards here
Telemetry RN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 9, 2019
typical day - hard work with great reward
What you learned- strong nursing skills - an abundance of challenges in all areas, cultural diversity, patient centered care, management expectations,
workplace culture- standards were high but performance of employees did not always meet criteria
Hardest part of the job- dealing with lack of diversity, unwritten rules and traditions
Most enjoyable-saving lives.
This company hired me as a new graduate in 1988 and I left after a year and came back to work there at Ingalls as and agency nurse for a year and was again rehired
Pros
great pay and medical benefits
Cons
401K did not meet expectationsinthe area of match program
Memorial was a wonderful place to work
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 9, 2019
If not having to relocate for my husbands job many years ago, I would still be there. Management was great, pay package was excellent. The Call was split up into specialties. The cafeteria food was awesome.
no positive enviroment
Patient Access Lead (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 5, 2019
Not a positive environment and no positive reinforcement.
Management not willing to work for employee advancement. No access to training for different positions
Pros
health nsurance
Cons
no incentives
great learning experience
Volunteer Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2019
It showed me what I would like to do for a job in the future and taught me so much about what goes on in the helping professions that people do not realize.
Memorial is an excellent place to work.
Registered Nurse, Cardiac Thoracic Unit (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 3, 2019
Memorial provides excellent learning opportunities for staff and excepts exceptional patient care from its employees. It is a fast paced work environment but the work is rewarding. The pay for RNs and the benefits are excellent.
Pros
It has excellent benefits
Cons
Management turnover
Job provided needed experience
Home Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 2, 2019
This job involved traveling across York County to provided nursing assistance in home to patients. Good patient / nursing assistant bonds are important. Patient Trust is very necessary to maintain as you are in their home. Duties involve providing assistance with patient meals, dressing,bathing, wound care, obtaining vital signs,light housekeeping,documentation of visit and documenting car mileage on your vehicle.This job provided a pleasant working environment because of strong bond between patient and caregiver.
Traveling great distance can be tiring.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment
Cons
Tiring
Excellent Facility
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, ILJanuary 1, 2019
Memorial is an excellent hospital to work for. So far there is a lot of team work dynamic and the culture of the institution lines up with my moral compass. A typical day on the job will include scrubbing, checking off both operating rooms, stocking, checking off rooms and nursery warmers within those rooms to ensure the patients both mom and baby are well cared far.
nursing
Assumed the role of Charge Nurse periodically (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2018
understaffed most of the time. management was not supportive or approachable. new nurses were usually thrown under the bus. plus side- smaller, more intimate hospital with good chances for advancement.
Rn
Nursing Supervisor, RN (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Memorial Hospital many years ago. It is a small community hospital and it had a family feel to it. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful. It was my first job as a Nursing Supervisor and this was a big change for me. I developed leadership skills in this role and this has helped me to gain more confidence in my nursing career. I did enjoy working weekends at the time but now it is difficult for me with my family.
Over whelming
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 17, 2018
This facility does not pay very well. The Nurse to patient ratio is not good nor safe. You do not have to support staff needed to complete your task safely and efficiently.
Nice place to work
General Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 13, 2018
Working at Memorial has it's pros and cons just like any other job. It mainly depends on the manager you have as to what general rules there are on your time off and things like that.
To know people of all backgrounds
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part was working just to help people that is sick.

The hardest part the commute, and the lack of any aid for gas,even that is a volunteer job to graduate it is hard to do it1
Pros
volunteer job just to help people
Cons
The commute and the Hospital did not help at least for the gas!
Maintenance tech summary
Maintenance Technician, Dates (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque NMDecember 3, 2018
A typical day I would receive a job list such as meeting with business personnel and directing them as to what needs to be done concerning repairs.I learned how to collaborate with other employees and get jobs done.(fixing leaks,painting,repairing structures,replacing fixtures,etc.)The workplace culture was concerned with getting things done with not much levity.The hardest part was not allowing the special needs kids from interfering with work.The most enjoyable part was completing the job list on schedule.
Pros
Good management, favorable work hours and employee camaraderie
Cons
Low pay scale, no benefits
Needs improvement
Physician (Current Employee) –  GulfDecember 2, 2018
Needs some shake up regarding admin
Very geared to who you are in the community; Favoritism is big here ; If you’re a ‘ big’ figure in the community you’re favored.
LPN/AMBULATORY SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 26, 2018
none noted while I worked there.just wanted you to show up for work.employees not recognized on abilities,more or less its whom you know or are kin too that gets the better jobs.
Pros
Cons
breaks only when you had time
Pharmacy technician
Senior pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 23, 2018
My Very first time, I started Volunteering here then ended training other Technicians later on ,I’ve learned a lot for this job and it help inspire me to wanna Pursuit to becoming a pharmacist one day
Great place
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 20, 2018
Great, pay, management, locations, options for advancement. Hr is helpful, you get to know the people and company. If you can't make it at Memorial you can't make it anywhere.