Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor management
Former RN (Former Employee) –  MARYSVILLE, OHIONovember 5, 2018
The worst management group ever. All managers are very "clicky" rarely leave their offices, out of touch with current issues on the floor, hire close friends/family. Main characteristic of managers is to lie and sweep issues under the rug! If you can deal with stressful environment, poor work load and politics in the workplace Memoial is for you!
fast pace
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 28, 2018
would prefer health insurance and more time for patient care and documentation. Usually flexible with vacation time requests. Most enjoyable time is my time spent with my patients.
Pros
free CEU classes, usually flexible with request for vacation
Cons
not enough time allowed for patient care and documentation
Typical Perfusion duties for a busy open heart program
Senior Perfusionist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 28, 2018
A wonderful hospital dedicated to patient care . A career well spent, growth is promoted, The administration was very dedicated to progress and growth.
Pros
Great staff with challenging atmosphere
Cons
Time to move on to the next stage of life.
Fast Paced
Registrar/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 17, 2018
My first position in the hospital was one that I truly enjoyed. I enjoyed the coworkers and the flexibility that I had in the department, but when I got laid off at the other hospital, where I held the same position and also had benefits, I was forced to take another position where I could get my benefits back. That new position not only paid 50% less, but was also super stressful and if you didn't fit in the other coworkers could be very hostile.
Enjoyed my working there until it closed
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 28, 2018
This was a great hospital with great care given to the patients. It was a good place to start my nursing career on the medical unit there. It had many learning opportunities and helped me become the nurse I am today.
Positive experience
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLAugust 23, 2018
Given a great opportunity to learn in the hospital setting. Great exposure to different cases. Great team to work with. Excellent learning environment.
Its a good place to work great people a proactive environment .
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMAugust 20, 2018
I like my job but i feel like i could get be better i know there is more jobs out there for me. Memorial Hospital is a good job the hardest thing about my job is cleaning blood.
Chester Memorial Hospital review
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chester, ILAugust 16, 2018
This is a very small hospital in Southern Illinois. The employees are very nice to work with. The doctors at this hospital are very friendly and easy to work with. The nurse manager is a night mare.She shows favoritism to certain staff. Everyone is not treated the same in this hospital.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
poor management, poor pay scale
Line Cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJuly 5, 2018
This was a slow paced job but the staff was very friendly. Duties here were prep, stock, and cook. I was only here for a short time so I don't feel this is the best representation, but overall a good experience.
Good company
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 6, 2018
Enjoyed working for the company. Great staff and management! Co-workers were easy to work with. Good customer service and resources for the public when needed.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
pay could be better
Pharmacy Technician Internship to Employee (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 25, 2018
I worked in the Pharmacy so I didn't interact with other personnel. Management was great! The only reason I left was because they didn't work me enough hours.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
not enough hours
could be a great place to work
Anesthesia Technologist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 21, 2018
if you don't mind cliques and politics,you might be good to go. If you don't fit in and are a threat,it really won't matter how hard you work,how nice you are and how much you want to just do the job you came to do or if you focus on the patient care. They will get rid of you one way or another. No trust.
Pros
interesting cases
Cons
cliques, no loyalty
excellent place to work
Medical Imaging Transporter (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 12, 2018
I have enjoyed working at this facility for almost 12 years now. The managers work well with the employees . Many perks for working with this company; many discounts you receive in the community.
Enjoying meeting and working with staff
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 9, 2018
I worked the Graveyard Shift at night. at Memorial Hospital. My work time was from 7 at night to 7 in the morning. I was an ER Receptionist who checked people in by taking limited information until called to be Triaged. Set in the front dest of the ER taking the minutes of calculating the hours and minutes of doctors on shift. I would file important information and make copies and keep in separate folders. After triaging everyone in, I ran off copies for different documents and sorted them out alphabetically. The hardest part of this job was seeing different patience coming in sick or hurt. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the people with a relief smile on their faces after being relieved
Pros
Meeting new doctors and staff
Cons
Short Breaks
Excellent
Externship at CAMC (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WV 25304April 9, 2018
CAMC Memorial is an excellent place to establish yourself and become knowledgeably of how a hospital works. CAMC memorial taught me a lot about the medical field as a young student.
cut throat
dietetic tech (Current Employee) –  Hixson, TNApril 7, 2018
The hospital was poorly run. Some individuals truly care about the patients but the overall atmosphere is one of a business without the compassion that is necessary in a healthcare setting.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
cut throat
Memorial
CMA/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNMarch 14, 2018
Memorial is a very fast paced job that required a lot of multitasking. Required a lot of balance. Most enjoyable part of the job was the patients. Hardest part of the job was trying to satisfy everyone.
Pros
reps brought lunches frequently
Cons
I don't know
Save to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 3, 2018
Good benefits and they take care of they employees I work their for 4 months and I like it but is no something that I want to do I’m the kind of person that look for challenge all the time and I’m responsible for my job and I’m not better that nobody I just do my best all the time
Buen ambiente de trabajo, comida gratis
ASISTENTE MEDICO (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph County, INMarch 2, 2018
Muy correctos , amables y todos sabian lo que debian de hacer , no habia problemas de relaciones de trabajo y habia el equipo necesario para trabajar .
Pros
No dejaban dar el tratamiento sin supervision de un especialista
Cons
No habia suficientes interpretes, Por lo tanto mas carga de trabajo
Productive work place
Medical-Surgical Nurse (Full time) (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAMarch 2, 2018
I love this hospital because it's small that we can attend fully to the needs of our patients. People are helpful, pay and benefits are good. The hard part though at times is you get to be on-call when census is down.