Memorial Sloan Kettering Employee Reviews

inspiring place to work, unprofessional management
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  1275 York Avenue, NY, NYMay 18, 2018
MSKCC as an Institution is a very inspiring workplace
No matter what is your speciality , you can really make a change in a life of highly challenged patients , and this is what makes you feel rewarded every day , and motivated to go for that day after day.
However , specifically EKG Lab is an exclusion from this picture.
With some reason a manager creates a very stressful and negative environment in their Department . Eventually it comes to the point that working there turns into everyday survival for their employees , instead of providing a high level of patient care .
Pros
healthy food provision
Cons
unlimited authority of manager
No nonsense
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10065May 18, 2018
Very dedicated employees, everyone love their job. The staff had all work there 15 years or more. They work well together everyone takes their job seriously.
Pros
Great Benenfits
Cons
Extremely long hours
great staff and appreciation recognation.
Logistic Associate- Josie Robertson (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
work force is demanding.. great team on board to handle work load. management is very helpful and encouragement to there staff for a smooth shift. weekly meeting for constant update of daily duties.
Pros
flexible with there staff
Cons
city traffic
Patient Care Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
MSK is the best place to work. Opportunities for advancement exist in every department. Co-workers genuinely care which creates a pleasurable working environment.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
losing patients to their illness.
A wonderful opportunity for new/recent graduates.
Clinical Session Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
Memorial Sloan Kettering is a great place to work as a recent/new grad. The Session Assistant program opens the door to careers in healthcare administration and management. It allows young professionals to develop their skills and decide if administration is the career path they want to continue. The benefits are bar none.
Very Rewarding
Server (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 29, 2018
I volunteered at the Recreational Center serving snacks to the patients. Though I was only there for two hours, I enjoyed every minute of it. I would often work with the other volunteers helping out maintaining the the main area and the storage space.
The experience gained was fruitful..
Technician/Acting Supervising (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2018
This job was my first in the field, l was grateful for all I've learned and accomplished there. I remained driven to do more, and met some beautiful people there...
Pros
The company paid all expenses to travel to conventions etc..
Cons
Not very much opportunity for moving up...
Very positive experience
Oncology Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
I really enjoyed this internship experience and felt excited everyday walking to the hospital. It was a pleasure to work in the outpatient facility and feel I was making a difference with the patients during my work there.
Pros
Fast pace interdisciplinary experience
Cons
Short summer internship
Fast paced environment, definitely encouraging of furthering one's education, stellar benefits, if you know how to use them
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
A typical day consisted of knowing your assignment for the day, ie. portable tech, stress echo tech etc. As everyone was fully capable and aware of their role a great deal of supervision was never the case however readily available if needed. Management could be slightly more interactive with the employees, it is my belief that they were actually trying to work towards that behavior. The most difficult part of any day would probably consists of the fact that each and every patient you encountered was a cancer patient. The most enjoyable part of my day was being complimented by a patient who stated that you made their day by making them feel comfortable as well as secure.
Pros
Encourage education. Discounts for many fun social things to do, really decent cafeteria
Cons
Management could be a little more interactive
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
Good company, decent pay and attractive benefits. I worked as a temp employee for this company. Nice place to work. I would recommend working for MSKCC.
Transplant Service Coordinator
Bone Marrow Transplant Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2018
Work with Case managers and colleagues to get Bone Marrow Transplant Authorization

answer emails

writing emails

answer phone calls

send clinical

meetings
Pros
not sure
Cons
micro management
One of the best competitve hospitals
Patient Escort Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
I worked 2 positions at Sloan Kettering. I was fortunate to see different departments at work. The patients, are the most understanding and knowledgeable anywhere. The amount of compassion, and diligence is next to none. Like in any facility, and hospital, it can be very fast paced, and competitive. Those who are in need of a challenge, and is willing to work through a fast paced setting are welcome. They offer competitive benefits which is essential to those in need.
Pros
competitive health benefits
Cons
fast paced, sometimes short staffed envirnonments
Innovative Cutting Edge Research Experience
Research Study Assistant II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2018
This position allowed me great exposure into the world of clinical trial management and drug development through intensive work in clinical cancer research with the GU Prostate service. I gained a quantitative skill set and managed five trials with much responsibility.
Benefits
Cons
Difficult work life balance
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
MSK has a strong sense of community. People who work here are dedicated to their roles and have strong work ethic. I have learned so much being a member of the team at MSK.
Mskcc
Volunteer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
My time at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center was one of the most memorable experiences in my life. The work I was part of, my coworkers, my supervisor and the facilities and equipment I had the opportunity to use gave me the chance to have a meaningful and satisfying contribution to cancer research.
Best work place in the country
PCT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
Great place to work, helpful coworkers and staff.
I enjoy working, love the staff, I enjoy providing care to my patients there. The supervisors at night are great at everything they do and very helpful when you need them.
Cutting edge cancer institution
Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
Fast paced, learned on the fly. Learned everything I needed to be a competent and highly versed employee. Management is scarce, leaving their employees to handle most situation presented before them. Workplace culture is on par as most large institutions.
MSK is a excellent health care facility.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2018
My experience there was a very unfair experience. I am currently working on resolving a matter with this establishment. I have had one part of this situation resolved with the Department of Labor in which they ruled on ny favor. I believe MSK should investigate more thoroughly into there matters.
Pros
Excellent health care establishment
Cons
Investigating employee situations very poor.
Expect great things and long hours
Radiotherapy Physicist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
The work culture I have experienced here is one of working (salaried) from early mornings into late nights and weekends. The institution is top notch for quality, research, and sharp employees. The benefits package and vacation are great.
Pros
Benefits, sharp employees
Cons
Long hours, cost of living
Great cause bad management
Reconciliation Analyst/Accounts Receivables (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
Very good place to work depending on your department and manager. I love the cause of what the company stands for but the culture of their back office is terrible.
Pros
great cause, good job depending on where you work
Cons
office culture and horrible managers/directors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Sloan Kettering. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.6Fairygodboss Score

88%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.