Memorial Sloan Kettering Employee Reviews

2 out of 5 stars.
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
It seems like a good company at first but is not. Management needs to be fired. The pay rate for certain positions are way under. They over work and harass employees who do a good job.
Student volunteer
Research volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
I volunteered at MSKCC as a grad student. I emailed tens of labs in New York City, and MSKCC was one of the few that responded. I had the opportunity to interview but the PI and got to chose who to work with based on the project the doctors were working on. The whole experience was surreal.
Off Kilter crowd in the Fundraising Department
Director, Corporate Relations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
Most of the management team I worked with seems a bit bi-polar. They did not provide management or guidance to using their internal programs or systems which lead to a lot of duplicate information and lots of very fussy toes being stepped on.
Pros
Good Pay, lots of time off
Cons
dealing with unhelpful people
great coworks no advancment
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
great place to work while in school but unfortunately no career growth post graduation. so basically mskcc doesn't take advantage of the great investment in employee education.
Pros
great college reinburstment
Cons
career growth
Excellent place to work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYOctober 8, 2018
The staff at Sloan Kettering were amazing to work with. Also, the role we played in assisting patients for daily medical visits helped me grow in confidence.
Pros
health benefits, managerial structure
My Experience
Lead Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
My work area is very hectic. I am in a high paced position with lots of responsibilities. I have learned a lot in my position. My experiences at this facility has been very enlightening.
Rarc has to be the worse department in MSKCC
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
If you apply for MSKCC stay away from RARC at all cost. Management is terrible its the worse in the entire hospital. Our department has the worse rep. People quit all the time and it’s getting to a point that if you breathe more then a certain amount of times in a day you get corrective action. Everything you do wrong even if it’s management that screws up you get corrective action.
Pros
Cons
Worse place to work
High Volume
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
Was always busy and never took time took much time off, as an intern in the research lab it was a great experience that got me right int o the thick of basic research
Productive and fun work place
Maintenance Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
Entirely greatful for my opportunity to be a staff member of the worlds best cancer treatment hospital ..Hands down the best hospital I have ever worked in..
Good
Pathology Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
Excellent place to work. Fairly compensated. Decent work atmosphere, respectful colleagues. Much room for career advancement. MSK supports professional and intellectual growth.
Impossible to get ahead..
POA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
MSKCC provides very few opportunities for career advancement for minorities. It’s something that is understood among the black and brown community. They make it impossible for certain backgrounds to advance into managerial positions.
Great place to start and stay for some.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Monmouth County, NJSeptember 30, 2018
MSK is a great cancer hospital that offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement for relatable degrees, and opportunity for advancement (especially in NYC).
A typical day can vary depending on job function. Working within the clinical space will require one to deal with patients and families regularly. Most interactions are positive and not sad, as one might think. It is a hospital and all employees are there to help. MSK has inpatient and outpatient facilities, has supportive services and is very much like its own city.
Although there are regional facilities the greatest opportunity for advancement and learning is in the Manhattan facilities.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement after 6 months
Cons
Poor support for staff at regional sites
Senior Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Great place to work! But the environment varies by department but overall great! Excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement and other perks. Also ability to grow within the company
Very good pkace to work in
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  New york, nySeptember 28, 2018
Good place to work in very fun people there are very nice ans friendly. Easy to travel to work with no problem ar all. Quiet environment. Nice place..
Pros
Free lunch, nice place
Cons
1 hour lunch break.
Productive and Life Saving
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
As a Lead Phlebotomist at MSKCC was life changing for me. Staff and Patients teach me a lot like staying strong, fighting, sticking together, caring and enjoying life. It feels good helping people that need that little courage or little push to get through the day and over all love and enjoy what you do because it's the right thing to do.
Wonderful working here
Development Office Clerk/Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
I love my job, the people are nice. It is nice to work at a place where the littlest thing that u do makes a difference in someone’s life. Atmosphere was pleasant, enjoyed working on events
Good work environment
Sr. Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2018
This was one of the best jobs that I ever had in my life. I can't think of one thing bad to say about working there, I wish I'd stayed in New York and never relocated to Charlotte, NC, I would've still been employed there.
Very good
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 25, 2018
Very nice. Would r ecommend overall great experience. Very very busy schedules. lots of learning, work life balance is low. very good Management.
Fun people, very intelligent and internationally minded.
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Wish they kept me. Because departmental structure and excessive control, I was never able to meet other teams and managers where my corporate experience could have been used outside of the pathology facility where I was contracted.
Pros
Excellent support to grow if you can become full-time.
Cons
Senior people dont have time or energy to talk to work staff on a daily basis.
My review for this company has been a satisfacturoli.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  1275 York Ave manhatteSeptember 19, 2018
At memorial Sloan Kettering cancer center is a competitive place to work, it also challenge you to reach your goals in life, and to be a better person

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Sloan Kettering. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight