MemorialCare Employee Reviews

Great team
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAJanuary 8, 2019
I would recommend this job to anyone who works in the security industry.
I really enjoyed working at Saddleback. Very nice management, great team, and an easy job.
Really good benefits.

Not a lot of excitement if you are an adrenaline junky. ;)
Pros
Great team, good benefits, nice management.
Cons
Pay, not enough to survive in California.
Loved my job
Utilization Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CADecember 14, 2018
MemorialCare is a great company and treats their employees well. I enjoyed my job being a Utilization Management Assistant. MemorialCare is big on taking your two 10 min breaks away from your desk and also your 30 min lunch break. They have a lot of incentives for the Good Life.
Struggles with Work/Life balance in IT/IS
Reporting Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 30, 2018
I can only speak to the IT/IS department. A lot of attention is given to work/life balance, however the amount of work did not allow much of a life.

Management has it's challenges, but overall, management is competent.

The pay is competitive. There is some change for advancement, but it is rare.

The culture is overall positive and friendly.
Workplace Culture!
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CANovember 29, 2018
The office is a great place to work, the employees are willing to support each other, but they also gossip about each other on a regular basis. When there is tension among co-workers, management needs to schedule meetings to diffuse the issues. The Doctors seem nice enough, but sometimes gossip about employees to patients and other employees. The very important issue that I have is when employees and physicians complain about employees and patients in the presence of patients. The employees judge and speak horribly about the pharmaceutical reps while smiling at them when they arrive. The employees even gossip to patients about other co-workers behind their backs. I overheard a Physician complaining to a patient about a newly hired employee that was trying to learn the position, but with the pressure of the employees seemingly wanting the new hire to succeed, but hoping for failure can create a lot of pressure. Management relies on second hand information from other staff members instead of obtaining information personally. Not to mention the fact that the employees openly complain about the working conditions where patients can hear them. Some patients are greeted warmly when they arrive and leave, while others receive an irritated look upon arrival. Patients are rushed and encouraged not to ask too many questions when it's their right to be concerned about their healthcare. I quickly learned that this was not the working environment for me when I witnessed employees blaming each other on a regular basis for mistakes and taking more time to discuss who was responsible for  more... the mistake rather than fixing it. That is the reason for the high turn over of employees and the high percentage of returned phone calls from the patients. The management needs to instruct the employees on proper training rather than a sink or swim approach. Proper training takes time so that multiple mistakes don't occur. Until this occurs in Healthcare, mistakes will continue to happen.  less
Pros
The Location
Cons
The unprofessionalism and Gossip among the staff, management and physicians
Operating Room
Operating Room RN (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CANovember 27, 2018
Memorial Care is a small hospital with 2 Operating Room Suites. I enjoyed working in Memorial Care is a like a family atmosphere
The hospital is easy drive from home.
Autonomy and Friendly yet lacking major core values for employee retention.
Application Architect (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 2, 2018
Great workplace autonomy and friendly faces. The lack of tangible career trajectory, competitive wages, and mentoring have been major shortcoming for specific departments.
somewhat effective
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAOctober 30, 2018
Benefits are good, doctors are good, work place are good but somewhat crazy mixing urgent care and regular doctor appointment. I wish they keep the urgent care and regular office separate.
nice place
Back Office Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 16, 2018
A nice place to work. Close to home, but if you're looking for a better paying job do not look here. otherwise a nice place to work, and the coworkers are sweet
Overall good
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2018
MemorialCare is an excellent place to work, however, there are two types of job here-- union and non-union. People in the union get better raises and promotions. So if you are not in that party then it may be a little difficult to make a living unless you work in a management position. I love my manager as she make me feel important and is very understanding.
Pros
Work Life balance
productive
Customer Service Representative, Call Center (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAOctober 12, 2018
biller
billing
insurance
Not the best training
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 31, 2018
Worked per diem so I was given the worse schedule and hours, never set schedule. Gave me 40 hours a week with no benefits.

Wasnt trained properly. Lack of communication.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 20, 2018
Opportunities to move around the company and to advance inn your career. Provides help with and for RN students. All the staff provide great patient care.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Per diem employees do not get medical benefits
Enjoyed the 12 years if employment at Memorial Care.
Managed Care Medi-Cal, Com Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 12, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Memorial Care. My direct manager was an amazing individual to work for. No room for advancement in my department. Memorial made you feel like a family as much as they could.
Pros
Goodlife, onsite gym, early shifts, knowledgeable leads
Cons
No early shifts and no overtime.
Nice place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJuly 6, 2018
Stress free environment, hours were awesome. Good atmosphere to work at. Patients are very nice and cordial. My supervisor very sweet and encouraging! Always potlucks !
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Too far to drive
Disconnect between staff and Leadership!
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 3, 2018
When upper management wants you out- your out! no Help in finding other opportunities at other MemorialCare locations either! Told what to do, instead of asking for opinions.
Benefits
Cons
Discionnect with Leadership
Very good staff and organized hospital to work at.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 2, 2018
Long Beach Memorial and Miller Childrens Hospital is a very nice hospital to work for most of the staff are very nice and good to work with. The hospital runs pretty smoothly in the surgery department and i like that everyone got along good.
Pros
401k plan and good medical insurance.
Cons
Having to take calls almost every other day and working holidays.
good company
SUPERVISOR, AMBULATORY CASE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 15, 2018
good company overall to work for. Management cares about their employees, You can't get reports that run correctly, have been working on this for 3 years.
Not a great place to work.
Senior Medicare Biller-Government Accounts (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 13, 2018
They don't promote, they laid off all long term employees. I gave up 20 years of my life and was laid off when I was a productive employee. They kept new employees with less experience and laid off Managers as well.
productive and fun place to work once you have completed all your work for the pay period.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Laguna, CAJune 2, 2018
productive place to work with flexible working schedule.

I have learned to work independently as a nurse, develop leadership skills and self development skills.
diverse culture
Hardest past of the job is not being paid for work you have done but you have not completed by the pay period.
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
Submission of late paperwork not ever being paid for.
summary
Assisting during minor surgeries (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 29, 2018
Nice place to work, great doctors, made good friends, friendly environment. I miss the doctors, patients and co workers. Great benefits, 401 K, paid time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MemorialCare. Our community is ready to answer.