MemorialCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
LVN (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 20, 2018
Opportunities to move around the company and to advance inn your career. Provides help with and for RN students. All the staff provide great patient care.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Per diem employees do not get medical benefits
Enjoyed the 12 years if employment at Memorial Care.
Managed Care Medi-Cal, Com Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 12, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Memorial Care. My direct manager was an amazing individual to work for. No room for advancement in my department. Memorial made you feel like a family as much as they could.
Pros
Goodlife, onsite gym, early shifts, knowledgeable leads
Cons
No early shifts and no overtime.
Nice place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJuly 6, 2018
Stress free environment, hours were awesome. Good atmosphere to work at. Patients are very nice and cordial. My supervisor very sweet and encouraging! Always potlucks !
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Too far to drive
Disconnect between staff and Leadership!
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 3, 2018
When upper management wants you out- your out! no Help in finding other opportunities at other MemorialCare locations either! Told what to do, instead of asking for opinions.
Benefits
Cons
Discionnect with Leadership
Very good staff and organized hospital to work at.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 2, 2018
Long Beach Memorial and Miller Childrens Hospital is a very nice hospital to work for most of the staff are very nice and good to work with. The hospital runs pretty smoothly in the surgery department and i like that everyone got along good.
Pros
401k plan and good medical insurance.
Cons
Having to take calls almost every other day and working holidays.
good company
SUPERVISOR, AMBULATORY CASE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 15, 2018
good company overall to work for. Management cares about their employees, You can't get reports that run correctly, have been working on this for 3 years.
Not a great place to work.
Senior Medicare Biller-Government Accounts (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 13, 2018
They don't promote, they laid off all long term employees. I gave up 20 years of my life and was laid off when I was a productive employee. They kept new employees with less experience and laid off Managers as well.
productive and fun place to work once you have completed all your work for the pay period.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Laguna, CAJune 2, 2018
productive place to work with flexible working schedule.

I have learned to work independently as a nurse, develop leadership skills and self development skills.
diverse culture
Hardest past of the job is not being paid for work you have done but you have not completed by the pay period.
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
Submission of late paperwork not ever being paid for.
summary
Assisting during minor surgeries (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 29, 2018
Nice place to work, great doctors, made good friends, friendly environment. I miss the doctors, patients and co workers. Great benefits, 401 K, paid time off
Very corporate & no employee support
UMA (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 21, 2018
Very poor individual employee support. Management never available for employees concerns. After losing my son & being on medical leave, upon returning, my job was no longer available.
busy workflow enviornment
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 15, 2018
There is a lot still to learn but the work place is a great environment. I enjoy to be able to help people that have a language barrier to communicate their concerns.
Love this place
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 5, 2018
Best job I've had in a long time. Everyone that I work with are very social. The department is viewed as a team and we operate as such. Great management.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Politics
MemorialCare
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 16, 2018
MemorialCare is great. All Magnet recognized hospitals and great learning environment. Lots of opportunities for growth. Good benefits and good health insurance.
Pros
Excellent nursing
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAApril 16, 2018
MCMG is great, especially the newer offices. However, they could pay a little better and include bonuses to go to their per diem staff who make up most of the UC.
Great experience
Urgent Care Center Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 10, 2018
This was a great place to work. The managers knew how to balance their role with being your friend and took their time to get to know everyone and make sure we all were heard. They fostered an atmosphere of teamwork and communication. They were willing to work with you if you had an issue be it scheduling or something else.
Fine place to work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 27, 2018
A company with good values that tries to improve. Great working with people and getting better all the time. They are starting new programs all the time.
Overworked for Little Pay
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 15, 2018
Firstly, I worked there during throughout college, but once I graduated with my bachelors, my pay literally was decreased by $2/hour. They said it was because my position changed to full time and they were paying for benefits, but it was a huge blow for me after completing my Bachelors.

Secondly, my manager frequently asked me to work overtime since we were understaffed, which I agreed to since she was in a bind: 10-12 hour days weekdays & then weekends as well. But then she would joke in front of my coworkers that I worked so much because I "had no life".

Thirdly, there was no upward mobility.

I was burnt out, insulted, and did not feel valued, so I left.
Pros
Coworker companionship
Cons
Poor Management
Productive Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 9, 2018
My typical day at work would be opening the office, verifying insurance when needed to check in patient Make sure front office tidy, team lead duties.
Pros
Birthday Celebrations, Overtime available if needed, Yearly raises
Cons
Not being able to grow in leadership
Good Company to work for.
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMarch 7, 2018
Good company to work for that offers wellness programs to keep its employees healthy. I've learned a lot of new things since being employed at Memorial.
Pros
Wellness program, recess, and friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks, low salary, not much room for advancement
Great places to work I love to be busy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAFebruary 26, 2018
This was a very small hospital and the closed the out patient service center I was running. I unfortunately had to find a new job. If I lived closer I would be applying to work there.
Pros
Small Hospital
Cons
Small Hospital